Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Internet Explorer 8

Taidon

Super-Earth
I know some of you use Fire Fox, and before anyone else says "Use Fire Fox" I dont really care for it.

Now that we have that out of the way, has anyone else downloaded IE8?

Does it seem laggy and slow to you? Wierd?

I just downloaded it and I try to type into text boxes, and it's laggy and slow, plus I can't seem to remove the favorites next to the tabs. Oh and several other quirks that seem random and not pleasing to the eye. Anyone else sticking with IE7, or finding IE8 to be better?

vampire seduction said:
Use Firefox
Ever since 3, FF has been only marginally better then IE. It's pretty much the same bloated, crash-happy piece of shit, except now it gets enough attention that it's no longer the security haven it once was. FF is essentially redundant.

Use Google Chrome. Best browser ever designed.

Taidon said:
I know some of you use Fire Fox, and before anyone else says "Use Fire Fox" I dont really care for it.

Now that we have that out of the way, has anyone else downloaded IE8?

Does it seem laggy and slow to you? Wierd?

I just downloaded it and I try to type into text boxes, and it's laggy and slow, plus I can't seem to remove the favorites next to the tabs. Oh and several other quirks that seem random and not pleasing to the eye. Anyone else sticking with IE7, or finding IE8 to be better?

Yeah so fuckin' laggy for type boxes. I thought I was the only one who thought that. I think IE7 was better I never had the lagginess when typing.

Google chrome is okay but~ it acts friggan stupid at times and annoys the hell out of me so I had to go back to IE...and after a while FF got all weird on me too...

Ilovegoatse said:
I like firefox. :(

Don't be ashamed, I love Firefox too. While some of the comments are valid, some aren't. The true test of a browser is how it works for you. We all use the net differently, all configure our systems our own way, so the different browsers are going to have different response times.

I have a slimmed down, turbocharged Firefox. Tweaked using the information from http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/the-ultimate-guide-to-speeding-up-firefox-3-5/. It boots, runs and loads quickly for me, easily as quick as Chrome. I use it for my work, and have it running 24/7 without the lags and memory leaks it used to have.

I also use Chrome which is quick, but still has issues rendering java, and flash can cause it to crash. Mine also has infrequent "Cannot connect" messages, when Firefox is still working happily on my other screen. It's only faster from a cold start for me, once it has been open once, the response is exactly the same between FF and Chrome. For me, the best thing about Chrome is Incognito mode. It means I can surf here freely without the wife finding out!

Yeah, the lag is absolutely horrible!

Google Chrome huh? I didn't really hear anything good about it, but then again I didn't really hear anything terrible about it. I guess I shall have to research it and download it today.

Though I must ask...memory leaks on IE8?

Is there a chance MicroSoft know they suck cock like a 2 dollar trash bag ho and will be fixing IE8 so as to not embarss themselves?

I use a multitude of browsers. IE, FF, TF, GC, Safari, and occasionally I'll jimmy rig my way to the internet through Adobe Golive.

I wouldn't use IE unless I absolutely HAD to. Some things for school I have to use IE for, but for everything else I now use Google chrome. I used to use Firefox a lot until I learned about some of Google Chromes features. Each tab runs as its own process, so its good for stability and security. If one tab crashes, it doesn't affect all your other tabs. Also, since it runs in its own process, it can't affect the other tabs so it helps protect you from malicious software. Also, its just so damn fast. And I like fast. :3

Plus ridiculously good crash recovery. Just t'other day, I had windows throw up the 'CHROME HAS CRASHED AND NEEDS TO CLOSE' screen. Despite windows' insistence that closing was needed, Chrome automatically restarted Flash and kept puttering along like nothing had happened.

I may have to explore Chrome some then. Had to buy a netbook in the interim and IE8 is functional, but not particularly friendly.

Back
Top Bottom