Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Terra Nova.. { Closed for Semper Fi and myself }

Alicia allowed her hands to fall to her sides when Kat backed away slowly. The expression upon Kat’s face wasn’t one of anger or disappointment, but one of understanding. That was one of the many key factors that Kat had that made Wash look closer at her when they first met. She has a knack to prioritize when things were on the line, like right now the safety of Terra Nova out weight the need to fulfill a hunger.

“If you don’t hold that to that, I sure in hell will!” Alicia shot back with a smile on her face. Her gaze watching the movements of Kat and visioning many things that she would love to do to the woman. She did an internal sigh and a quick personal reprimand to herself. She slowly began to readjust her gear and straighten out her clothing, as with Kat she pulled out her ponytail and redid it.

“Kat I…” She gave that look, a look of wanting and assurance that it will happen. She bit her lower lip as the desire to retake Kat into her arms and continue where they left off. She closed her eyes and reset her mind to the duty that she was to perform. She imaged Taylor yelling at her to get her lazy ass moving and report. She slightly shook her head with a smile for that instantly killed the sexual mood. “Damn, something I hate being a solider.” She hissed..

“Okay Sarge, Lets get our asses moving they aren’t paying us by the hour.” She moved up to Kat and gave her a quick kiss. “You know he is going to rip you a new ass right?” she gave her a hard eye look, “And you know that I will have to do the samething after he gets done ripping my ass too.” She rolled her eyes and shook her head.. “Lets go..” She moved ahead and started back down the path toward the complex.

It was late evening as Alicia walked into the gate of the complex, her eyes shifting up to the balcony and as always there he was leaning against the railing with a deep worried look plastered upon his face. His hard look over at her and Kat was intense, a lot more intense than it should have been, something happened…

Alicia turned toward Kat, “Listen, go unload, get something to eat, check with your squad, than report to us, but at least give him a half hour with me, there is something wrong.” her face held the sign of worry, “Fuck why cant things just be simple!” she exclaimed before walking fast toward the Commander..

Kat smirked when Alicia said that she'd also have to reprimand Kat. "Yeah, I know." She returned the kiss before they started hiking back. The hike back always seemed to take longer than on the way out.

They made their way back to the colony, and when Alicia freed her to find something to eat and clean up before reporting in, she nodded, "Yes, Ma'am." Here they were strictly soldiers, and Kat gave her the respect she and her title deserved. Whispering a "Good luck" She separated and went back to find her men, checking in. Pleased all went well she went home and showered, changing clothes and getting something to eat. She glanced at her watch and saw that it was 45 minutes from when she left Wash. Pleased with that time she made her way back to the command center. Steeling herself for a brutal talking to from both her Commander and LT, she climbed the stairs.

She hated when she got reprimanded, but she still stood firm in her belief she'd done the right thing. And besides there were good things to look forward to when she left the command center. At the door she knocked and stepped back, hands clasped behind her back as she silently, patiently waited.

The distraught look upon Alicia’s was miscue compared how she really felt. Her eyes were stone cold, her jaw flexed and gritting her teeth. Her glare only remained upon Kat for a few seconds before pulled away to look upon the balcony which lead to the stairwell. “Sergeant. Commander Taylor is ready for you.” were the trailing words as Wash made her way to and down the stairwell. Her temper flared with each step she took toward the gate. With her combat gear in hand, “Open the damn gate!” she barked at the half way mark between the command center and the gatehouse.

Alicia respected the Commander, he has proven many times that he deserved the respect from those under him and he even deserved the rank he held for he was intelligent, savvy, mentally and physically tough, but there are those days that he just expects too much. She was good, but she knows her limits and going up against a Shadow commander was insane! But she had her orders and she was going to give it the best shot she could. Her mind drifted to Kat and how she was going to take this when she finds out. She shook her head slightly as the already knowing inner voice answered her. “Whatever you do Kat, stay in the complex please.” she whispered as if maybe Kat could hear her.

Commander Taylor rubbed his beard and mustache, his thoughts were on the assignment he gave Wash after hearing about these other commandos. He fought back the flare of anger that rose when he thought of how they let Scott just wander off without second thought. They had orders and they bluntly disobeyed those orders. How many damn men must now dye in trying to bring Scott and these other commando’s into custody. His hand and arm cleared everything off of his desk with one mighty swipe across the hard surface desktop. “Damn it!” he muttered

He looked at the door knowing that Sergeant Doyle was there waiting to report in. He took a deep breath, remembering Alicia took all responsibility for what occurred out there and he has already addressed and distributed the constituencies for those offenses.

“Get your ass in here Sergeant Doyle.” His voice filled and fueled with the anger that was still burning in his gut. His glare instantly locked upon Doyle the moment she stepped into the room. “What the hell was you thinking out there Sergeant!” His cold black stare could have frozen the pits of hell at this very moment.” His hands tossing a set of gold bars onto the top of his desk. “ Do you realize what the hell you just did!” he barked, his hands coming to rest upon the side of his hips. “Please tell me that you experienced a one time case of shit for brains!”

Kat internally flinched at Alicia's gaze. "Yes, Ma'am." She said, voice void of any emotion, this wasn't the time to be an emotional female, she was a soldier. She heard Taylor call her in and she steeled herself. If she knew anything it was that even when she screwed up, she better 100% back up her choices, if she had doubt, if she second guessed what she'd done, her reprimand would be even worse. She walked in and stood silently, "Sir." She spoke formally, then fell quiet as she listened to him. "I'm sorry Sir. I cant' say that." She steeled herself. "While we were working Maintenance, Scott said he believed we were be watched by a sniper. After a few moments I agreed with him. I alerted Lt. Washington, then told the crew leader to send everyone to lunch. Scott wanted to go out after the sniper, I disagreed, but then he told me the truth about who he was, or at least It's my belief he told the truth, a Colonel of the Shadow Brigade, here to kill you and take over the colony." She took a slow breath.

"Then he told me who he suspected was out there, a sniper named Deadeye. Apparently sent to kill him after he'd killed you. But then he told me the game had changed. He wanted to try and take Deadeye out, and he told me that Lt. Washington and her men would likely be killed by him. Now, I didn't believe that, but I also didn't think that the LT and her men knew who they were up against. In that moment I weighted my options and seeing as Scott would not stick with me, he thought my decision meant my own death, I chose to let him go to hunt Deadeye. And I went after the LT and her unit."

She met his gaze confidently through this whole thing. "I don't regret my choices, Sir. I take full responsability for letting Scott go. And I will accept any punishment you see fit to give me."

A hard look skittered across the space between him and Kat. His gaze coming to rest upon Kat's orbs in a questionable glare. Methodically, he brought his hands up and tapped his fingers against his lip, then abruptly his hans shot out and grabbed the small data pad from its resting place. His orbs dropped from Kats to the small screen moments before his fingers quickly slided across the screen flipping the pages at irregular and indifferent speeds. 

"So let me get this straight, an assassin tells you that there is someone out some three hundred yards away, and tells you that he knows who is out there without even seeing this person and then proceeds to tell you that the Lt and her men are good as dead." a pause occurs again for just a few seconds, "And you believe this assassin enough to let him go while you go dashing after the Lt, whom trained you to be the solider you are today, and you were going to save her and her men." the look on his face expressed his disbelief without any words spoken. "Like I said Saregent Doyle, you had a moment of shit for brains." he shook his head, "what you did was let a highly trained solider to gather information of this complex then let him go to rejoin his commando squad unhindered! Putting this complex in a very weak situation!" he shot out of his chair in a guff of anger. "I would nail your ass to the wall if Lt Washington didn't and rightfully take responsibility for this screw up." he turned away and took a few steps away from the desk.

A few moments go by as he runs his hands through his hair, something he does when his mind is in deep thought. "I expect your squad to be on a twelve hour rotating shift. You will be foot patrolling the northeast sector at a five mile radius,  three hundred and sixty degree arc! Is that understood!" he turns sharply, "and if you get another case of shit for brains, and go after the Lt again due to the emotional connection between you and the Lt, I will have your ass in a way you wish you never came here! Do I make myself clear!" he instant wave his hand toward the door, "Get the hell out of here!"

Katherine fell silent, her gaze never leaving the Commander as he reprimanded her. Several times her eyes flickered, anger and the desire to interrupt were clear, but she remained silent. Finally he gave his punishment, foot patrols, something she desperately hated, but she just nodded, "Yes, Sir!" She offered a salute, but when he mentioned the emotional connection between her and Alicia, her jaw clenched, wanting to say something, but all she did was say "Yes, Sir!" Again before she left. Closing the door, she let out a slow breath

She walked down the stairs and met Hunter, "Foot patrols, inform the rest of the unit, twelve hours shifts in the northeast section. Send five to meet me up there. You'll be in charge of the second shift." The blonde haired man nodded, "Yes, Ma'am." He left to do as she asked. Looked like it was gonna be a while before she had time with Alicia, but then, the last time she'd saw the raven haired woman, she was also preoccupied with something.

So Katherine got her combat gear on and headed up to the northeast section. She hated the boredom that came with foot patrols. When her men showed up she briefed them, and agreed with their soft groans when she said twelve hours. "Sooner we get started, the sooner we finish." It was one of her mottos with her men, especially during less than desirable missions.

“Hey Sergeant,” Private Tara Dawson called out upon moving next to Kat. Her short auburn hair smelled of fresh rain forest, while her cooper tone skin showed specks of perspiration in the late evening hours. “I know its not really my place to ask but did we do something wrong to be sent to a newbie patrol sector?” Lance Corporal Pike instantly spoke up, “Private, if the sergeant wanted us to know she would have told us at the briefing, since she didn’t tell us, we just do our jobs and move on. Got it!” he barked from just a few feet behind the two woman. Private Dawson slowed down to fall back into her squad position, “Aye, Corporal.” She remarked when he slowly passed her.

Corporal Hunter’s squad moved into the assigned meeting place where the change of guard was to take place. He tossed his gear down next to a huge puma tree, its base was larger than a squad troop carrier. His mood was soured by the news he got just before leaving the complex. He had no idea how he was going to tell Kat, hell he didn’t even know if he should or should he leave it up to Commander Taylor to inform her.

He turned around and scanned the area for the fifth time, before giving his squad the rest command. He lowered himself down on his backpack, pulled out his last bag of M&M’s and proceeded to consume them. His eyes continued to scan over the area while he snacked upon his favorite bad habit food. He consumed these in time of stress and the news he had to give to the Sarge was up in that category.

It wasn’t long before Kat’s team was making their way down the slightly sloped hillside just to the east of where Hunter took his position. He slowly rose with a grim look on his face. Slowly he walked toward Kat, his eyes hanging low. “Hey Kat. Umm could I see you for a moment.” He walked up to her and met her eye to eye.

Kat just smiled at the interaction between her men, she had a balance of respect and openness. Though she was their leader and expected the level of respect that came with that, she was also their friend, she went drinking with them, and didn't mind being questioned, if the time was right. "That's alright. No, Dawson, you all didn't do anything wrong. I was the one that screwed up, and you all get to pay for it." She said. She didn't apologize for that fact, because chances are if any of them had screwed up, they'd all be paying for it too.

It was a long boring 12 hours before they made their way doing to the meeting spot. The rest of her squad and her second in command were hanging out in the field. She felt the tension on her second when she showed up. They'd came through the portal together, gone through training, and when she'd been promoted he'd been the first one she wanted on her squad, she'd introduced him to his wife, next to Alicia, Hunter was the closest friend she had.

Frowning she spoke up, "Pack it in guys, go home, get some food and some sleep, be here at 0800." She called to her squad, releasing her half of the unit. Then she turned and headed for Hunter. "Yeah sure, what's wrong?" She said, something was clearly wrong, though he had a serious side, Hunter was, as a rule, playful and and a bit of a goof, though there was no one else she'd rather have on her unit, watching her back.

Hunter moved a few feet away from Kat, the news obviously weighing on him. Turning around he looked at her, a heavy look of concern formed before he spoke. "The Lt took a four man squad up the ridge yesterday. This afternoon the four men were found hanging from a tree, they were slowly tortured to death. The Lt wasn't with them, nor was a trail found indicating where she went. Her mission was to find that dude you was babysitting." He knew Kat and the Lt were close friends for the Lt was always harder on her, gave her that extra hard punch in the gut to make Kat dig in deeper. Just the type of training that you give to someone you wanted to keep around.

"Kat, if you want we can expand our patrol to include the ridge." He eyed her with that all you have to say is do it look upon his face. He felt that he should do more, he wanted to do more but putting everyone at risk was above his pay grade, but doing what was told was a different matter. "Your orders mama."

Kat frowned watching him, as he spoke, her eyes hardened, but he could see the fear flickering into her eyes. "Shit." She muttered. She seemed to hesitate, not wanting her unit to get into any trouble, but then, as their commanding officer, all the punishment would fall on her. She nodded. "Yeah, expand the patrol. I'm gonna stay on with you guys." She met his gaze, "Thank you, for telling me." She turned to address her soldiers, there was no reason for anyone but Hunter to know that they were going out of bounds of their orders from Taylor. "I'm sure most of you heard about Lt. Washington being missing." She paused, letting that sink in. "We're going to expand our patrol to cover the ridge where she disappeared, see if we can't find her trail."

"If any of you find evidence of her, or find her, I don't want you approaching or following a trail. I want you to radio in, I will come out and follow the trail. She may be injured, may be in hiding, or she may be held hostage. I want everyone to stick to pairs and to keep your eyes open. Don't get sloppy and go home alive." She let everyone pick their own pairs as she moved over to pair up with Hunter.

Her mind was panicking, she prayed that Alicia was alive, that she wasn't being held and tortured. She knew Alicia, the Lt was an amazing survivalist, if she could've gotten away, she'd go to ground, no one would be able to find her. Kat needed to at least try and search for her friend, she didn't care what Taylor would say, she knew he cared about Alicia almost as much as Kat did, if she brought the raven haired woman back alive, that would be all that mattered.

"Okay, you heard the sergeant." Hunter bellowed out while bending down and picking up his backpack. His mind drifted from the task he was doing to Lt Washington, he hoped that they could find her and she was just out getting revenge for the slaying of her men. His eyes shifted from his backpack over toward his left, his gaze locking onto the frame of Kat. He seen the worry in her eyes and that made him furious. Yeah, he knew she could take care of herself for she said as one tough cookie, but it pissed him off when good people got fucked with. He nodded that he was ready.

When the rest of the squad was out of hearing range, "It will be getting dark in about two hours, we need to be up on the ridge by then." He knew that the sarge knew this, but in her current state of mi d it always helped for someone to stay focused. "So what do we do if we run into this commando group?" This he didn't know.

The ridge, it was only one hundred and fifty yards from the waterfall, and fifty yards past Commander Taylor's no man's boundary. Hunter looked over at Kat when they came to the markings that marked the boundary. "Your orders?"

She walked with him, knowing she's going to get in a lot of trouble for this. Then she shook her head, "No. Unless you are confronted, or they have the Lt. We do not engage. I want everyone to go home safe tonight, that includes the Lt." She said, hoping and praying that Wash had escape already and was hopefully just going to ground and hiding. But she knew that worst case scenerio was that she was being tortured or she was already dead. NO! She can't be dead She couldn't think that way. Alicia couldn't be dead. they came to the point of reaching no mans land. "Lets keep going. I'll deal with any backlash from Taylor. You are just following my orders." She said, fully willing to take all responsibility for this adventure.

"And thanks for being willing to come with me. I know this isn't quite what you had in mind for your twleve hour shift." She said softly as they moved into no man's land. She began looking for any sign of Alicia as she asked, "Do we know where she got taken?"

Hunter’s brow arched, a peeved look instantly appeared upon his face. “NO, I wasn’t given orders to cross over the land boundary. I damn well decided that I was crossing that line looking for my platoon leader.” He winked at Kat, “You know damn better than to tell me to say shit like that.” He hissed playfully at her.

His expression changed upon the next question that Kat asked him. He looked down to the ground, his breathing was a little heavy. “Kat, ….” He reached out and took her by the elbow and lightly pulled her back toward him. He looked into her eyes, his face held a look that was disheartening, “Her tracks stopped at the ambush point where the other men was killed. It was like she was just plucked out of the air. Sergeant she didn’t leave any trail of any kind. But you know the Lt and how good she is, she might had to cover her tracks because of the Commandoes, in which case we sure as hell wouldn’t be able to find anything that she missed.” He tried to keep positive and keep the hope alive.

“Lets follow the river, she might have used the water to conceal her movement. I say at least two clicks, if we don’t find anything we can come back to this point and do a tree search to see if she went monkey travel mode.” He offered a course of action, but waited for Kat to determine what course she wanted to try first.

Kat just rolled her eyes but smiled. Hunter had been her friend for a long time, and ther ewas a reason he was her second in command, he didn't fear authority and he didn't hesitate to break orders to do the right thing. She walked with him, until he grabbed her elbow, forcing her to face him. The fear and concern was clear in her eyes. She sighed, "She is good, and I know things aren't looking great. But until we find a body....either way, I have to believe that she's alive, i have to." She said softly.

Nodding she agreed to follow the water and search the trees if they didn't find anything. As they walked, searching for signs she finally spoke. "We're more than friends. I don't know exactly what we are, friends who occasionally sleep together." She murmured. He was the first person that she'd ever actually told that too. Though she wondered if Hunter already knew. "There's something about her, i don't even understand it myself, but I always feel better when I'm around her." She mumbled, not really sure why she was telling him this, but she couldn't handle the complete silence as they searched and she knew she could trust him not to go spreading it around.

The passive sweeping of the river banks was forcing Hunter to come to grips that things were looking bleak. He turned and faced Kat when she bravely whispered her story to him. He continued moving through the brush, his eyes scanning over the large leave coco plants. "Kat," he stopped and looked back at her. His face held that expressionless blank stare that he always tried to wear when bad situations were occurring. His orbs fixated upon hers,"Thanks for topknot me, but I had a feeling it was more than just friendship. The way you two looked at each other, the way you both perked up when in each other's company." He looked away for a moment, gathered his thoughts, "we will find her." He wanted to ease her worry by staying positive.

He moved forward taking point. "We only have about an hour of sun light left, do you want to press on or prepare camp?" Hunter knew the answer to that but he had to keep pointing out things to keep Kat focused for he knew from experience on how hard it is to keep a level head when a loved one is in danger.

Scott waited for Hunter to gain some distance and Kat to come closer to him. He gritted his teeth as the pain ripped through him. 'Now!' His mind barked as the lurched himself up and forward grabbing Kat around the mouth and the waist pulling her into the heavy coco plants. Landing on top of her with pain shooting through him.

Kat was about to do a combat flip up to her feet when she felt a warm wetness spreading across the small of her back, as Scott laid on top of her. Scott's voice whispering into her ear."Shh, they...are hunting...us." His voice weak and hard to hear. "Listen to...me... I ... Have...the Lt..." His voice lowering even more till nothing comes from him. His grip becomes nonexistent. Kat rolls to the side and squares up to Scott and sees the wound in the right side of his chest. The blood streaming down from his chest to his waist.

Kat smiled as hse listened to Hunter, she figured they hadn't been very good at hiding their secret. She eyed him at his question. "We'll go til dark, then make camp." Suddenly a hand was around her mouth and she was being drug into the vegetation. With the man's weight pinning her to the ground, she recognized Scott's voice and a shudder of relief came through her, hearing he had Alicia. When he releases her she rolls to her knee,s eyeing him warily. Cataloging his wounds, before speaking, "We need to get the two of you out of here." She said, and then turned her head. She made a sing song whistling sound, similar to a bird's. But it was meant to catch Hunter's attention, tell him she was okay and to encourage him to come into the bushes after her.

In her mind she was still panicking, and she would be until she laid eyes on the raven haired woman, and assured for herself that she was alive. "Where's the Lt?" She asked softly, still resting on her knees. Kat had a new apprication for Scott's skills as a solider. Whether it was true or just her own ego, she still thought she could've taken him, if the fight had lasted longer, but she'd stopped most of her struggles when he'd mentioned Alicia. But a small part of her mind questioned whether she truly would've been able to win that battle, even with him injured. Or if she'd be dead, if he'd wanted her to be.

Hunter heard the bird call and knew instantly it was Kat but what he didn't know was why didn't she inform him that she was ditching his five and branching off into the heavier vegetation. He let out a sigh for he knew the reason, she probably detected something left behind from Washington and just flared off with hopes of finding her.

Reaching her location, a brow rose. "what the hell?" His eyes moved from Kat to the now unconscious form of Scott. "Where the hell did he come from, and how in the hell did you get a shot off without me hearing it." He eyed her with a suspicion, he wondered how she even had a projectile weapon.

"What's going on Kat. Why didn't you give me a signal before ditching my five and engaging an enemy." His voice holding a little anger to it. He lowered down and took Scott's pulse. "He's very weak. What's your plan? We can't take him with us to look for the Lt for he won't make it. If we go back, we put the Lt in more of a critical situation. He pulled his knife, "Want me to finish it so we can continue to search for the Lt?"

Kat eyed Hunter, "Sorry, he grabbed me from behind and drug me into here." She shrugged. "And I didn't injure him, he was already like that. He knows where Wash is." She said as she paced. Now Scott was unconscious and she had no way of finding her until he woke up. "No. Don't kill him. We need to patch him up and try to track his path. I doubt he's gonna be waking up any time soon. And I don't know how long Wash has. Scott told me the commandos are tracking us, so we probably don't have much time either." SHe said softly as she knelt to start patching up Scott. She had some medic training, but it was only the extreme basics. Basically just enough to keep someone alive until they got to the colony, this was a bit out of her depth, but he was her only link to Wash right now, she had to try.

Hunter looked up to Kat, meeting her gaze, “Kay, we will find her. She will be okay, she is just as a touch bitch as you are.” he smiled at her with that confident look. He put way his knife without a second thought to the order that Kat gave him. “Okay, Lets get him patched up, I will stay with him. I know you want to get out there and find the Lt, so I’m not even going to try and talk you out of it, but listen to me, Do not take these commando’s lightly!” He hated this, but there was nothing else that could be done.

It shouldn’t be hard to follow his blood trail, just take your time, and don’t get in a hurry, I know you want to find her, but if you get captured or kill, what does it matter than right. So Sarge get your head out of your current stay and get into that bad ass Bitch mode of yours!” he nodded his approval and gave her that confident smile.

“What are your orders if Scott here gets worse? Do I take him to the compound or ease is suffering?” His face turned serious. “I have the same skill as you, but I have to tell you this, his blood isn’t clogging, I think he has been poisoned.” Hunter looks down at Scott than back to Kat.. “Don’t worry, I will take care of it…. GO.” he gestures with his head…

A red dot appears upon Hunters Forehead…….

Kat was relieved when Hunter said he would stay with Scott and hse could go looking for Wash. "I won't take anything for granted." She said softly as she looked down at Scott. "Do your best to keep him alive. If you think he needs to go back to the colony, take him. Wash and I probably won't make it back tonight. By the time I find her, try and patch her up, it'll probably be too dark to make it back." She eyed Scott. "If the dinos come, scenting his blood, try and save him, but, you come first." She said

She looked up at him, then saw the red dot. Her body launched before her brain registered. "Down!" She snapped, body slamming into Hunter's, knocking him backwards to the ground. It was an instinctive reaction that she didn't even have to think about. She did what she had to, to protect her comrade and the man she considered her family.

Hunter was quick but not that quick, he heard the command down, then the locomotive high-balled into him forcing him backwards into the thick vegetation. He performed an ugly combat roll, but did manage to come up to his knee, gasping air, "What's up?" Came his whisper once he regained control of his breathing. His gaze never landed upon Kat as he scanned the area looking for whatever caused Kat to tackle him like some damn professional linebacker.

Nothing meet his glaring, nothing intrusive meet his strained hearing. He then shot his gaze to Kat, hoping she kept whatever she saw in her line of sight, but that hope fizzled when he witnessed her watching him, he brought his hands up in a what's up fashion again without the vocal support like moments ago.

The red dot moved about the vegetation in a damn good search pattern, but the foliage offered to much concealment factor to give the skipper a reasonably clean shot. It lasted for about five minutes and then disappeared. Only to be replaced by a probing green one. It, like the red dot made a highly rational search sweep, only to fade away.

Hunter's orbs where wide but dwarfed by this arched brow, "fucking infrared scope." He muttered surprised they weren't seen. His mind raced, maybe.... "Fuck me!"... "We got to get the hell out of here now!" Hunter growled, rolling seven times in a zig zag fashion, coming up to his knee and looked back toward Kat's last location, then checked the area around him....

Kat rolled with him, her own breath got a bit knocked out from body slamming him. Coming up to her knees she muttered, "Sniper." Together they watched the scopes searching before giving up. She looked at Hunter "Get Scott out of here, back to the Colony. Im finding Alicia." she said, then watched Hunter move in a zig zag pattern, once he was safe she disappeared back into the foliage. When Hunter would look back, she'd be gone. She was so close to Alicia, she would not go back now.

Moving silently she stalled through the thick vegetation, tracking Scott's path as she searched for Alicia. The blood was easy to follow, she prayed that Scott had been injured before he hid Alicia where ever she was, otherwise finding her was going to get more challenging. And with all these commandos in the jungle she needed to lay eyes on the woman she was in love with.

Hunter shot a glare over to Kat when he heard her orders. He shook his head with a disdain look upon his face. He didn't want to leave Kat out here by herself with a bunch of commandos, however he knew better to argue with her for she had her mind set.

Hunter's gaze fell from Kat to the unconscious Scott wondering if he was even worth risking Kat's life, he didn't think so, but if Kat can't find the Lt then it would be best to keep Scott alive although he would be the first in line to kill the son of bitch if something happened to Kat.

The blood trail was obvious to someone whom had training in tracking, but to the common foot soldiers it was well concealable. It zig zag, backtracked, went in circles before ending some two hours later at a huge uprooted bilinko tree. It's massive fourteen foot radius base with hundreds of roots was an excellent hiding place.

Kat managed to dodge the ground scouting patrol, the commando snipers, and found tucked inside the uprooted cavern was one severely beaten Lt Washington. A note was pinned to her, one hundred cc of zositian should wake by zero three hundred.

From afar a sapphire orb watched.

Kat saw the tree and headed for it. She saw the raven haired s9ldier and a shuddering breath of relief left Kat. Sliding into the hiding spot she read the note and her hand shook as she reached out to find Alicia's pulse, to confirm she was in fact breathing. Sighing again she relaxed, then feeling confident Alicia was unconscious she spoke, "I don't know what'd I'd do if anything ever happened to you." She whispered. "When Hunter said you were missing, my world came crashing down. And I know Taylor is going to rip me a new one for disobeying again, but I couldn't sit by and not try and find you." She whispered as her fingers brushed some of Alicia's loose hair out of her face, finger grazing skin gently. She eyes her watch, it wouldn't be long before she woke. But it didn't matter, they ciukdnt leave until dawn. Alicia was too injured and there were too many dinos out. It was safer to wait til morning. But Kat was still anxious to see Alicia's dark eyes open, to hear her voice.

The minutes seemed like days done by before the eyelids of Alicia rose, her dark orbs instantly shot about the area in a frantic almost fearful search before coming to a focus upon very familiar orbs. Instantly Alicia shot up, wrapping her arms around the reddish-brown haired woman’s neck, pulling herself up into the woman’s arms. Alicia buried her face into the space between Kat’s shoulder and the base of her neck. Tears streamed down Alicia’s cheeks and continued their gravity assisted decent onto Kat’s chest. Alicia didn’t care about holding that tough exterior skin anymore, she allowed the emotion to escape as she wept and clung onto Kat. Her body jerking with each emotional wave and outcry.

Slowly, Alicia clamed down, her body still trembled but the weeping dwindled to just a few streaming tears. Slowly she lifted her head away from Kat’s shoulder, wiping the tears away from her cheeks and forced a chuckled to escape over her lips. The chuckle didn’t last long as the trauma claimed its place upon her once more. She lowered her head back into the nook of Kat’s shoulder, wrapped her arms around Kat’s waist and pulled her closer.

A heavy intake of air, followed by a slow, controlling exhale, she once again pulled her face away from Kat’s shoulder. “Damn, how pathetic.” Her tough act faltered as she broke down once more. Tears streamed down her face as she quickly tried to use the deep inhale and exhale technique to regain control. “Sorry.” She whispered. “It’s so good to see you.” She pulled Kat into a hug. The weeping over took her again…

Back
Top Bottom