Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Highschool of the Dead - Interest Check

R

Rauk

Highschool of the Dead Group role-Play!

Due to it being close to Halloween, and of course 'The Walking Dead' has recently begun showing new episodes, and also the fact that I absolutely love apocalypses, and zombies... I am creating this group interest check to see if anyone would possibly like to take part in a group roleplay based loosely off of the 'Highschool of the Dead' anime.

Rules for this RP
-I'd prefer writers' main characters be human.
-Please, no one-liners. A couple paragraphs of quality content is necessary to help you and your fellow RPers out in building on a great story together.
-Please use the anime theme for character portraits, as this is an anime style RP.
-Absolutely no flaming, or arguing out of character. (if you have a problem, please keep an adult attitude about your solution)
-Your character is your own to control, as well as any NPC's you bring to the table. (negotiable about the NPCs?) But please, no controlling of someone else's main.

Thoughts
Feel free to have and control supporting characters, or characters other than your main one. I would like to keep the actual group of players relatively small, in hopes to avoid as many complications as possible. However, it would spice things up and add some flavor to the story if we had nicely developed NPCs to kill off. I will say now, personally... I am a huge fan of violence and gory details when it comes to combat. Want an environment where you're free to describe as graphically as you want how your character so gracefully removed the head from a zombie with a (insert weapon here)? You've come to the right place! Of course, if there comes a time where there are is an intimate scene between two (or however many) characters, please make sure you coordinate with the writer before-hand to make sure they're okay with whatever kinky ideas you may have. Some people may be fine with blood spraying everywhere and brains splattering on the wall during combat, but would most likely prefer to not include these things in their sexy time.

Theme
I would like to see this be loosely based off of the world in Highschool of the Dead. Every single detail doesn't necessarily have to match up completely with the original story, however the same idea and atmosphere is what I'd like to see brought to life in this group oriented RP. Such as scavenging and hiding from the threat of the undead, and watching our characters do what they must to survive as they build their relationships and finding a common goal to work toward, be it a cure, or simply searching for a safe place to fortify and call home. The direction the story progresses in will heavily depend on the characters that star in it of course.

Setting
The apocalypse has just started, and at this time it's unknown as to how everything went to hell in a hand basket so quickly on Earth, or even why. Military experimenting with some sort of new biological weapon? Some dormant virus deep within the earth finally sprung forth and started spreading? Whatever the reason is, the world has gone to shit and we have no choice but to survive, or perish. We could start ourselves out on a college campus, a highschool campus, a department store, mall, etc. There are a plethora of choices, that I prefer to work out with the group with have everyone agree on a starting point, or at least a point of interest where our characters may (by intention of the writers) end up meeting.

If you would like to express interest in this idea, please feel free to let me know via either posting on here, or a Private Message!

Have a wonderful day!

I would be highly interested in this idea, though I should make it known that I am unable to really post anything on Wednesdays. I wouldn't want to hold the role play up, but if that's fine with everyone else involved then I would be game. I am a flexible writer, but I think for this idea that I would prefer to play a female character as my primary character. I'd also be able to play multiple support characters as well as they are needed.

I pretty much have the character that I would like to play all fleshed out if we can get enough interest.

I would say that there's enough interest here to start considering an open forum for discussion and maybe a character profile thread!

Most definitely! I will have the profile thread, and OOC discussiom forum open asap. I'm glad to see there is interest in this. :)

Hooray! I'll get to work on my profile in the appropriate thread. My character idea isn't too original - actually she is completely unoriginal. I'll be playing a canon character from another franchise and expanding on her otherwise undeveloped backstory, but I'm betting not many people will recognize the character so I hope that's fine.

Back
Top Bottom