Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Protect The Princess (NdoRulez/Solsby)

NeoRulez

Planetoid
1ca434c059d9984164a13325aa35666a.jpg

Yet another failure. Bodies piled up continuously. Brave Knight Olliver has lost countless soldiers and fellow friend in the process of trying to slay the almighty dragon. Though he always seems to come out empty handed. He blew out a heavy puff of air in an effort to let off steam he felt rising in his head. His sweet brethren had all died! And for what? To protect kingdom of course. Already had too many problems.

Plus, he recently had a job to care of princess of the kingdom. He was depressed. He had been depressed for a long time now. There was no particular reason for exception watching as his friend all died in front. He wish he could have done something to prevent the casualty from happening. He was too useless to so such a thing. What could he possibly done to prevent such a tragedy?

Nothing really. Might be a knight but he's nothing except for that. He is trained as warrior so the king had offered him the job to take care the Princess, he felt uneasy. Hopefully, she wouldn't be such a handful to take care when the princess around.

RE: To Protect The Princess

The dining room was quiet except for the music and quiet chatter among the royal family. There was an absence of the king's friends, so there was no drink and smorgasbord for tonight. It was just the family: King Harold, his wife Maryann, and their three children.

"There is word of the battle!" Sasha looked up from her plate as those words came to her ears. As the youngest of the children, and the only daughter, her parents often tried to protect her from information about the dangers of the world. As if Sasha never left her home, as if she had never sneaked out of the kingdom.

The messenger was breathless and the guard at the door was holding him back from interrupting the dinner. However, the king waved him off and the guard let him go.
"What is it?" King Harold sat up, "good or bad?"
"Bad," the messenger frowned, straightening himself out, "there are many casualties. But the remaining men should be back by sunrise. The dragon disappeared and -"
"We should call off the hunt for now," one of the prince's piped up, "I have a plan. We can -"
"Peter," Maryann said sharply, quieting the young man.
"We will discuss this tomorrow," the king said solemnly, "when they get back, make sure to get them treated. Find out any information."
"Yes, majesty," the messenger said and left the room, leaving the family to dine in peace.

Sasha stayed up all of the night, in anticipation of the soldiers' return home. Peter always had plans, ideas, and most of the time she wished their father was more open to suggestion. She sighed at the thought and sat back in her arm chair at the open window in her room. The view was gorgeous - she could see the forest that extended behind the castle, and the mountains beyond. However, as the hours passed by and the sun began to rise, her eyelids grew heavy and she soon fell asleep slouched in her chair.

Undr the circumstances they were in, there's no way, anybody could defeat dragon. He seem to strong. Mostly all the soldiers died while trying. For now trying take care of the wounded best to his ability was all Oliver could.

He helped female healers lift man onto table to medical treat. "My dear knight," One of healers spoke, quietly. "You may leave now."

"I mustn't!" The knight protested, straightaway.

"N-No... t-they are right." An injured soldier choked out weakly, gripping on the orders head. This man life was nearly at an end. "You must warn the king now."

Oliver knew what he had to do, he had go tell the kingdom what has been happening therefore he hopped on a horse and rode straight to kingdom in urgency.

Harold had woken before Dawn. From the highest tower he peered over the land. The kingdom was surrounded by a thick forest that separated it from the cities on the perimeter. Beyond that were the rolling pastures scattered with farms. The ocean spread out on one side, the majestic mountains bordered another.

In the distance he could see the troops approaching. By the time the sky was turning deep blue with orange on the horizon, they had reached the towns, and were now within the city walls. With a quick inhale, Harold turned from the view and headed to the stairwell.

The sky was a light blue as one of his higher ranked knights approached. Oliver had been an exceptional soldier, and proved himself worthy of knighthood at such a young age. He was strong, wise. To think Oliver was young enough to be his son.

Harold had passed his physical peak long ago, but he stood as tall and strong as the body guard beside him. The steed came to a stop and Harold waited for the young knight to dismount the horse. "Oliver," he said with a nod.

"Your majesty, I have terrible news!" His son exclaimed, breathlessly as he jumped off his horse. A twinge of pain smack Oliver dead in the face. Reaching his hand to wipe off sweat dripping from his forehead, he tried to calm himself, in order to tell his father what has happen in the recent battles. "Well for starters," He swallowed hard. "The dragon has kill more of our troops than we could have ever imagined. He's too strong for us, even our strongest man couldn't take the beast." Pausing for a moment, he briefly resumed his story. "I...I..I froze up, I petrified, scared have to death and my comrade had scatificed himself me!" He gritted his teeth angry.

Before looking up at the king, he gave him a firm look. "I must king he must escape, we all need to escape. Running is our only choice in the matter." If a soldier heard this, they would be infuriated by Oliver. He has ashamed knighthood honor though stating alive is more important than honor any day.

Back
Top Bottom