Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Journal of a Soldier (Anyone welcome to comment)

RE: Stranger? Maybe not. (Anyone welcome to comment)

Lose yourself in the music, the moment, you own it, you better never let it go. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

Finally, some material I have from today to rant about.

The way the military has set up AIT is that you have a roommate that you stay with. Usually this goes over smoothly, and you have two people that are compatible with one another paired up. This time it does not seem to be the case. My old roommate moved out for phasing up, and the new roommate I was given wasn't my choice. He seemed cool, he seemed rather calm and carefree. I have learned, however, he is more uptight than an obese woman in a corset. He follows every regulation to the letter, arguing with me when I try to make his life easier and being stubborn in his ways to the point that he logged every last moment that happened during a guard shift. I plea that the people who read this decide to reply to one question: should I request a room transfer?

This is what happens when no one replies to RPs. I get bored, and post here like I do daily...hmmm...anyone got any milk?

Regarding your room mate - you should learn from him. Transferring will not benefit you in any meaningful way.

I suppose I should have posted something. That argument? Pretty much two crabby people put in the same room together at a bad time. It has since been patched up and no harm, no foul.

That's good to know. Sometimes an event that looks like a set back can in fact be a step up. Looking back on this in ten years you'll (hopefully) have reason to see it as a good learning experience that benefited you in the long run.

Got my wisdom teeth removed today. Life sucks, I can tell ya that much. My whole mouth hurts, and I really wish that it would go away. :( Fuck my life.

Alright. It's been quite a while since my last journal entry and, to be honest, I think I need this one.

So, recently my company was released on Holiday Block Leave. I had been away from home for a few months at that point and was excited to see my family again, just as they were all excited to see me. Two weeks seemed like an eternity to spend with them.

Now, here I am back at my AIT and I am crying because I miss them intensely. I dunno what it is, but I feel that I am more attatched to my family than I thought. Through all of their support and help, I still feel terrible for not spending more time with them or whatever else, but I know that I would have come back anyway, so I'm quite confused. I had these same emotions when I left for basic training. I thought it was a one time thing. I guess it wasn't. That's a damn hard thing to cope with.

On top of this, my life on here has changed too. Despite being the one connection between home and AIT, I haven't been replying to posts as often, and I have really just skimmed through request threads despite having a healthy amount of RPs already going. I just...

...alright. I think I am done now. Maybe. Feel free to place a comment here if you want. HIY, signing out.

This is coming from a decade-long vet, recently out of service and back in the civilian life, so take it for what it's worth.

So, congratulations on joining the military. It's a big step to take and can seriously turn your life upside down... hopefully for better (like me) and not for worse. I just hope it was the Army because otherwise we need to spend time 'measuring dicks' after you're out of training. :)

That being said. Training sucks. It will always suck. You may say to yourself now "Self, it will get better after I get out of AIT." My friend, that's when the real fun begins, but not the fun most people equate to 'fun'. It's the kind of fun that you tell yourself is fun when you look back on it, but for the most part really sucked when you were doing it. You see, right now you're in a controlled environment. One in which the NCOs (or whatever your leaders are called in your Service) are told "don't break the little Private's (Seaman's/Airman's) pretty little heart and will right now, there will be enough of that when they get to their 'real' unit". So... any hardship you find now, learn from it. Absorb it. Make your skin that much tougher because one day you'll be out of training and someone will need you to prove they can rely on you to save their life. And they're going to MAKE you prove that through training. :)

Keep in mind, I say this with a smile on my face because really... when you're done you'll feel like one accomplished mother fucker. And you'll get where there some humor behind the above paragraph (mostly because it's true) and appreciate it.

As for being away from home, coming back on leave and then leaving again... you'll get used to it. I'll be honest, it will steel your heart for deployment and such later, just like training will. It may feel weird and emotional now, but very honestly you'll learn your way around it. It's rough the first couple of times, but I'm positive you'll get through it.

Regarding your writing? Just do it. And if you can't find yourself able to finish with someone else, break it off... or explain to them what's going on and ask them to take a break with the intentions of going back to it.

Once again, congratulations and thank you for your Service. Make yourself proud in the military. I look forward to more stories once you're out of training.

-Nasty

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, wish me luck. PT (Physical Training) Test tomorrow. This is for all the marbles, if I fail this one, I am out of the Army. Kinda scary, but I got this. Now, to sleep, and hopefully I return with good news after the test.

No such PT test today, apparently. Also, bought military appreciation PS4, GTA V, Sleeping Dogs, and Advanced Warfare. I feel good.

My roommate won't shut the fuck up at midnight! I'very asked him to stop and he fucking won't. Fuck. Looks like another day without sleep

Hmmm...been a long time since I posted here.

A lot has changed, namely, I am out of the military now and work at a local video game store. It isn't GameStop, and I get paid pretty damn well, with a potential annual raise that has no limit. I am Pretty happy.

My roleplay 'career' has been pretty good, too. I am well stocked, though it is only people that I have contacted. My own request thread has gotten little replies, despite constant assurance from other members of the site that it is sound, articulate, and quite well written...I keep bumpin, but nothing comes of it really. Sad. :/

Kombat Pack 2 is coming out for MKX, and I have it pre-ordered now. Super hyped.

Lost my wallet, had to get a new one, as well as new SS and debit cards, as well as a new State ID. That was sucky.

Christmas happened, too. Got clothes, a small bank for all my damn change, insoles for my shoes, an Axe pack...yeah, it went well.

Still no girlfriend, though. xD

Alright, MKXL is officially one of the best things ever. xD

Also, pizza is delicious.

That is all.

Super confused as to you no one messages me after viewing my request thread. Been told numerous times that it is perfectly well written, and nothing really needs to be changed...

Huh...

Anyway, just picked up Mass Effect for the first time a couple days ago. Combat's a little finicky, but hey, for a game that old, it is still pretty damn fun. Couldn't get my character to look good, though. I guess that had something to do with the tech at the time.

Just got knocked down from three days a week to two days a week at my job. Looking for another job, just in case. Got no one replying to my roleplays, very quiet for me on here. Just switching between this window and a window for finding jobs.

Hopefully, all this shit is sorted out soon.

So, at least I got more hours...fate decided to take a look at my request for them and went overboard, as it usually does. Worked 9 hour shifts all last week, and only have one day off this week, otherwise, more 9 hour shifts. Paycheck is gonna be quite hefty, but hell, the dead hours at work are hell on earth. Of course I have roleplays going, but most of my partners fall into timezones where it is night time for me when I reply, leaving me stuck at work with nothing to do. I want to take on one or two that are during my day time, to at least give me something to do!

I dunno what it is, but I have been severely lacking in energy these last couple of days.

I'm getting just as much sleep as normal, I have been eating regularly, and yet I have been trying to keep myself awake at work these past two shifts...maybe I just need the days off this week to recover, my body isn't quite used to working nine hour shifts so often. At least I get tomorrow and Tuesday off...I hope that helps.

To all the members of BMR who are going to be caught in the path of Hurricane Matthew or have been, my thoughts go out to you. Stay safe, follow the evacuation orders, look out for loved ones. Until this passes I'm probably not gonna sleep (damn empathy), so I figured my well wishes might do some good to someone.

Alright, so. My will to write the stories I had started just decided about two or three weeks ago to self destruct. I got nothing done, nothing with my DnD campaign, nothing here. My life's been...rough, without a job, and I've been stressed having to bounce from place to place in order to get a job to pay bills. On top of that, for the past five days I've been sick, hacking a lung up any time I breathe to deeply, which has hampered my ability to go looking for work.

In other terms, fml.

I'm trying to get back into the groove now. Slowly, I will try to write again, and if spots open up due to the previous partners I have sent a message to deciding that the wait had killed their interest in our respective roleplays, then I will slowly try and find partners that I will enjoy writing with.

Alright. Small message over with.

Back
Top Bottom