Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Hunted.. { YHM x Elvenoff }

The mistake was made, the words were wrong for what he wanted to say. Kain looked up into her eyes witnessing the confusion and sorrow emanating from her. He slightly shook his head with disgust with his blunder. He wanted so much as to take the past few minutes back, but the mistake was made and now it was up to him to correct it. Help her understand that he had to make sure his feelings were a strong love like hers and not his lust or desire. This is why he had to kill the moment and see if those same feelings were there.

“Its not you that has to question your feelings it is me.” His hand rubbing her sides as he took a moment to search for the right words this time. “I wanted to make sure that my emotions were not driven by my lust and desires. I want to make sure that we are on the same page with the same type of emotion.” He hoped she understood. Men normally let his cock, lust and desires drive him instead of the heart, which usually ends up in a very bad position. He did not want this to happen to Sky she was too important now to mess with her destiny.”

“Just give me sometime to find out where I stand. For right now, looking at you this way the lust, desire, the wanting still pulls at me. I have to look at you with the emotion that you look at me like now. I hope you understand.” He slowly sat up bringing her down to his thigh. “We need to prepare for the arrival of our guest and prepare for Odin.” he knew this would upset her and he hoped that it did for this would change the way she acts around him giving him the chance to find that strong emotion for her..

Skylar sighed and climbed off him. She wanted to yell and scream at him for ruining the moment but she felt it wasn't fair. "no.. your right.. we shouldn't be worried about having fun when there is something serious to be attended to. I will meet you downstairs. I need a shower to get this smell off me.." She rose off the bed quickly and went to her closet to get some clothes before leaving the room in a rush.

Reaching the bathroom she slipped in and closed the door behind her. her emotions were all over the place and it felt really unfair kain had ruined the moment with his truths. But she was not in the mood to play a blame game or fight with him about it. Getting the shower fixed to a perfect temperature she climbed in and started washing her hair.

Megan was down in the kitchen hovering the stove while talking to her fiancee who was sitting at the table eating a plate piled with eggs and meats. Billy was awake and sitting across from James with a serious look on his face, his arms crossed at his chest. He was angry at skylar for allowing her feelings to make a poor judgement as he called it.

Kain remained silent while Sky replied to his comment of things they had to deal with before the fun can happen. He noted to himself that she cared not to mention the reasoning behind his decision which eased the tension somewhat, but without the driving lust he felt as if they were still on shaky ground, for so long they have battled and now just on one night it all changed. Sky was a very formable opponent and he was not totally sure that she wanted this change so she could be with him but for other reason. Yes, it seemed so real that she wanted to be with him but that little voice of doubt, mistrust spoke loud and clear to him. This is why most vampires refuse to allow the emotional baggage to go free, its always pushed down deep and under control.

Kain pushed himself up from the bed and refastened his pants. He looked over to the door and was about to follow her into the bathroom but was able to bury the emotion. He had to put everything in perspective, to grasp a hold of where everyone and everything stood. He did not like being in a state of confusion or uncertainty. Stable ground was the thing needed at this very moment even if it meant angering Sky to get her in that position as she was before. Hard and cold for now, there will be time for them later if is meant to be between them.

He looked away from the bathroom door to the bedroom door wondering if he really wanted to deal with Megan and her other half. He took a moment to gather himself before leaving the room and heading down stairs. He just hoped that Megan would not take Sky’s side with out understanding his point of view, but that was much to ask for since she was very close to her.

Entering into the Kitchen his eyes instantly went to Billy. He noticed the anger and mistrust in the mans eyes but refrained from staring off with him. Instantly he moved his gaze to Megan. “Sky is taking a shower at the moment. We need to discus what is going on and what our plans of action is going to be. Sky has under went the joining.” He looked to Megan for she was the one the information was intended for…

Skylar Continued to Shower in the privacy of the bathroom. She took her sweet time cause she was so angry with kain and didn't want to make things worst. She understood his reasons for things but it still made her upset he wasn't ready to do things that she wanted. She couldn't help but wanting the things cause of the new emotions from being a fresh vampire.

Billy growled and looked ready to launch when kain looked his way, But Megan snapped her fingers and pointed down at billy which made him whimper a little and put his head down in shame. Her face would grow a smile hearing kain's words. Turning around towards him to properly talk. "That is wonderful. I am glad to hear you two figured something out. Kain this is my fiancee James. James this is kain." she said as she turned back to the stove to pile another plate with fresh cooked food.

James looked kain's way and gave a polite nod before swallowing his food. "Hiya, Nice to meet you. Megs told me about what you and Sky are trying to do. You got my full support..." his words trailed off when he heard billy scrape his chair on the floor and walk out the backdoor slamming it shut behind him. James and Megan both looked at each other then to kain. Megan would gently sigh "give him time... No one knew how attached he had gotten to Sky... Not even Sky knows.."

Kain nodded to James in a mutual respect but was more concerned with Billy and his reaction, then there was the information that Megan just dumped on him, this wasn't a good situation to be happening at this time. He kicked himself mentally for not even having a thought of someone else having feelings for her, In fact it was really moronic of him. 

"How long has he had these feelings for her? " looking over to Megan, wondering why she waited to say something about this before the joining. This made him feel more suspicious of Sky's intentions. He walked over to the door and looked out the screen. His gaze searched the darkness for any signs of Billy. He didn't want to be discussing this matter in front of him. 

Turning back to face Megan and James, his gaze falling to the floor in thought. He wondered if he should even ask this but it was something that had to be said. He had to know how trustworthy Billy was, was this pain of seeing Sky and him together enough to have Billy betray them? He looked at Megan and spoke up, "With this love that Billy has for Sky. Do you think he will betray us to get me out of the picture? " Kain could only see one course of action if this was a possibility...

Megan sighed and sat down with james at the table. "I am not really sure how long.. He has asked Sky before to mate with him but she said she was in love with someone else. I knew along that person is you.." James spoke out of turn "Billy won't do anything to hurt Sky. I am sure he knows if he tried to get you out of the picture he never would have a chance with her if she knew. but I would watch him, He may turn on you behind her back and try to blame someone else. He seems like that kind of person.." Megan gave james a look of disappointment. "I hate to admit i agree with james. Just be careful.." James looked back to Megan before stuffing his face with more food. Megan moved to sit up more straight and looked to Kain. "Sky will do anything to protect you. She always had in the past.. do you remember a few years ago when you ran into a few werewolves who turned and hightailed from you? It wasn't cause they was scared of you... It was cause sky put a protection on your life. she said anyone who harmed you would face a true death." She gave him a smile.

Skylar finished with her shower and started getting dressed. She kept taking her time, in no rush to join the others.

Kain pulled back one of the kitchen chairs while Megan was informing him about Billy. His medium frame slid into place while he made eye contact with Megan and James, while his hands pushed aside the human food to make room for elbows. His hands cupped his face for a moment before rubbing over it, this whole thing was a mess to be sure, now he wished they would had waited months of working together before this turning Sky took place. His little voice speaking out again to himself … Lust and desire …Lust and desire always fucks things up.

“Well, there are a few options that can be done to take care of Billy.” He didn’t conceal the cold tone in his voice. “But I will let Sky determine what to do about this.” He quickly tossed in for the only thing that crossed his mind was to kill him. Something he knew Sky would not agree too. He looked over at the two with a hard stare. “I think its best if I leave. I can be working on Odin while you two and Sky work with Billy and start preparing for a long battle.” He fought back the hunger pain that just now reared its head and demanded him to feed.

He stood up and walked over to the fridge, grabbing a blood pack he gave it a few tosses up and down in his hand. “If you will excuse me for a moment while I feed.” He turned and headed toward the door only stopping inches from the morning sunlight. His gaze fell to the ring than to Megan. “Well no time like the present to see if your magic took effect.” Turning away, he walked outside into the sunlight for the very first time…

Megan and James watched kain. They both was unsure what his intentions where. When he got up and started to leave megan went to speak up but james grabbed her hand and gave a squeeze while shaking his head no.

Skylar was walking down the stairs when kain was heading for the door. When he reached the sunlight a smile grew on her face. he seemed happy to her about seeing the sun shine on his skin. No burst of flames or destruction of the skin took place. Skylar followed him and leaned on the door frame. "isn't it great? You been missing out on this forever..."

Billy would be seen sitting off to the far side of the porch. "Sky.. We need to talk.." Sky glanced over to billy. "it can wait billy... right now i need to talk to kain..." she gave billy a look of get out of here "alone.." Billy shook his head and stood up. His glaze went to Kain then back to skylar. "Fine!.. but you should think about what your doing.. Fraternizing with the enemy can be a dangerous thing..." Sky growled and snapped. "Kain is not our enemy! He cares about everyone of us. Maybe if you wasn't such a dick all the time you would know! Now go inside and wait for me!" her tone showed anger and disappointment. But billy shook his head. "No i am not your dog no more. good luck with what ever it is you two are planning.." he waved his hand at the two of them in a motion of circle then turned and jumped over the banister of the porch and started walking off into the woods.

Sky looked rather confused about what had just happened.

It was something that he never figured he would ever feel nor see in his lifespan, the sun felt warm to his skin, much different from the times he felt its searing burn when he leaped from alleyways to shadows, that split few seconds hurt like hell but now it was pleasant to him. The rays of yellow was slightly too bright for his eyes but that would change once he got used to it, so for now a nice pair of shades would fit the bill. He felt like a kid in a candy shop but his discipline kept him under control.

He turned to Sky when he heard her voice and shook his head in agreement. “Yes, it feels comfortable.” He down toned the excitement that was coursing through him. His face turned hard when Billy spoke up, his words seemed to get under Sky skin. He was about to say something when the sharp tone of Sky cut through the air with a heavy hand of command.

A brow came to an arc when Billy blew her off and leaped over the banister, which moment Kain knew there was going to be trouble. He lowered his head and feared that harsh action would have to come to Billy and this didn’t settle with him easily for he knew it would affect Sky. He met her gaze with that questionable look on her face. He didn’t want to tell her but it would be best for him to do so…

“Sky, Billy is in love with you..” Kain spoke the words clear and to the point …

Sky rowed up in anger slapped Kain so hard, Harder then she had before. Her eyes glowed with anger more then before. "Shut up! Just shut up! He does not and I do not love him! Don''t try to get out of this!" She snapped in a yelling tone towards him. "You wanted this as much as i did, Don't you dare blame him for your actions!" Her mind was not thinking correctly. She figured kain was using billy as a excuse of why he suddenly pushed her away from him. She scoffed and pushed past him down the stairs of her back porch and went off in a hurry the way billy had went.

Billy was in a clearing by the river kicking at stones and logs where laying around on the bank. Cursing up a storm he stopped when Sky reached the boarder of the clearings. "Go away sky, I am seriously done." " No your not done. What is your problem? You know we need his help. We cant do this alone." Billy looked at her and started yelling. "Need his help? Need his help?! Your fucking insane! You should be locked up in a nut house. I should fucking rip your throat out for talking that way!" Being insulted and threatened was not going well for Skylar. She marched up to him and started smacking him hard. before she knew it Billy grabbed both her hands and slammed her on the group. "Get off me! Let me go! That is a order!" Billy growled at her then screamed in her face. "Are you fucking blind?! He doesn't love you! I do... Well did! the moment you fucked him i started hating you! Say good bye you fucking vampire slut!" While he was screaming his hands slipped to her throat and he started to squeeze, yes he loved her but at that very moment he hated her for never giving him the time of day, or a piece of her.

Skylar started clawing and trying to kick him off but the more she did the tighter his grip became. reaching around she found a good size rock in her hand and cracked him on the side of his head, killing him instantly by blunt force trauma. Her new strength was more then she could ever imagine or control. and the anger had not helped.... Laying there with his heavy body on her she coughed for air before pushing him off her. gasping and crying in shock she looked around to make sure no one had witness the horrid event...........

A small stream of dark blood twinkled its way down the pale skin and dripped to the ground. Kain's feature unchanged as he watched Sky dart off into the forest following Billy. The sting of her assault still burning as he turned away from the direction she went. He knew her reaction would be filled with anger but never figured she would spin the message in the way she did. The thought never crossed his mind of using Billy to get out of this relationship, for one he didn't need an excuse for if he wanted to end it, it would be ended! Now his featured changed, as he felt anger swelling up inside of him. 

Stopping and looking back over his shoulder he retook control of his anger as he put himself in her shoe and seen the path she was coming from for he did coldly push her away this morning in the middle of a hot frenzy. He lowered his head and nodded to himself when his inner voice called him a fool. Already, not even a day has passed and he has managed to piss off the woman that he had grown over the years to fall in love with, maybe it was that love that he was running from instead of the uncertainty of his love for her and vice versa.

He made his way back into the house knowing that Megan heard and more than likely witnessed the events outside. He took a deep breath and took a place at the table. His gaze falling to the smooth surface of the table. "Well that could have went better." his tone of voice seemed weaker than he liked it to have been. His mind trying to push this whole thing to the side for Odin wasn't playing this emotional game and with each hour passing he is growing stronger while that continue to do this emotional dance.

"I know affairs of the heart are tricky, but we don't have time to play this. Megan, James I need your help in this matter. Talk with her and get her to see the situation that is going on is more important than this matte of the heart is at this time." once again he was using the war as an excuse to push this moment of weakness of his off to the side...

Megan looked down unsure what to say but james nodded " I will do it. It may be easier if a pack member talks to her. She may listen to me..." James stood up and started to head out, He came to a stopping halt when he seen Skylar. He noticed she looked frightened and was covered in blood. Taking a scent of air from her he knew it was billy's blood. "Sky... what have you done?"

Skylar still in shock and tears shivered and shook her head. "I..I.. don't know.. He was choking me.. and.. and.. I.. I had to stop him.. He.. He.." James looked to Megan who was up on her feet the moment she seen skylar and rushed to her, Wrapping her arms around the frighten woman she tolled her out of the room. "Come lets get you out of these clothes.. We have much to talk about..." "but.. I... I..." "Hush... don't worry about it. I am sure you did it to protect yourself. Billy was unstable." As they walked past Kain , Skylar looked to him and stopped. Megan jolted a little then turned to look at skylar. "I am sorry.. You was right.. but we need to focus on that man who is hunting us.. We should gather the pack and see who will follow us right away. if they wont... then they can rot in hell... like billy is.." Megan looked shocked at skylar. She never seen her friend like this.

James cleared his throat. "Kain come with me. We need to bury his body. Megan you talk to sky and then call the others." Megan nodded to james and looked to skylar who was not wanting to move.

Kain looked at Sky with a cold, unemotional expression upon his face. He understood the hardship that she is endeavoring, but this isn’t the end of the pain, nor death that is going to come soon. There is going to be a lot of lycan betrayal for what Sky has done. Many will not care that she turned to be with him out of love, they will only see her switching sides, now with her killing Billy will only intensify there outcries of her being a traitor. Times are going to get very difficult soon he whispered to himself.

He looked over to Megan with an emotionless expression for what was there to be said. Well there was one thing that had to be said and Kain was going to say it even if it was harsh and cruel but this wasn’t the time for softy touchy feelings to get in the way. “Megan, leave her be. Let her handle this on her own. Go get the other lycan members now.” He decided to take charge of the moment. “Sky stop fucking crying and get your act together. If your cry baby syndrome is still evident when your pack gets here, you will no longer be the Alpha of them. Hell your going to have to kill your second in command for he or she will challenge you since you changed. So get a grip and get back to the Sky that everyone feared and respected… for if not we are all dead in the next half hour.” He shook his head at her and walked past her toward James. He knew she needed this tough love to get past this and what was to come soon.

“Lets go, the hand holding is done here.” He remarked coldly to James while walking past him. “We need to get his body up here for the meeting. To show the others what happens when someone challenges the Alpha Sky.” he muttered to the rest of them. “Lets go.”

Megan stepped back when he ordered her to back off, it scared her slightly but she knew he was right. There was not really any time to baby skylar. She nodded to him and turned grabbing her cellphone and started making calls.

Skylar looked shock, she never expected him to be so harsh with her Or order anyone around. But with the bond they now share it was his place to. When he started walking away she just growled at him then turned and walked over to her cell and started calling members of the pack as well.

James nodded turning on his heels to follow Kain. They would walk a small distance to where skylar had dragged the body before giving up. "Damn..." he said as he bent down to examine the wound. "he died instantly with this kind of blunt force...." he lifted a hand seeing the scratch marks left by skylar. "She did kill him out of self defense. See the marks... you can tell she was trying to get him to stop what ever he was doing... When we get back i will examine him more." He stood up and looked to kain. "You grab his feet.. I am sure all this blood isn't helping you.. But remember don't drink his blood.. any of it.. not even a lick.. Veravain is very sickening to vampires, it can make them weak for hours... and we need you strong.. I hope sky didn't intake any of the blood on accident..." He moved to pick up the lifeless body by the underarms and waited for kain to grab the legs.

Back at the house Megan went through her list getting half of the members of the pack to agree to come to the emergency meeting. Skylar getting frustrated with a member who had been informed by billy of what she done was trying her hardest to explain. "Billy don't know every reason of why i did this Charlie.. now please we need you and lil to be here asap. It is a life or death matter..." She would hear glass breaking in the back ground and the phone dropping to the floor. Lil was in the background pleading someone to not harm her or the unborn she was carrying but soon the sounds would stop. "Charlie? Charlie! Answer me!" she screamed into the phone before someone picked it up again and slowly whispered... "He's here.. he.." the line would go dead and skylar jumped up going to the drawer and grabbed her gun. Megan had been listening from behind skylar, she could tell from the way skylar was reacting something bad had happened. when skylar got her gun she jumped to grab skylar. "Sky no.. Sky stop! We need you here. we will get him.." Sky turned and pushed megan off her making megan fall back on the floor hard. "When will the others get here? Do you have enough vera bombs? I am personally gonna have his head on a pole in my front yard when this is over!" she yelled at megan in anger.

Kain knew this was hard for Sky but now wasn’t the time to lose her edge. She needed to be sharp and dangerous if her pack was going to survive this change of situation with Sky, the threat of Odin and he himself on in their mist. A gumbo of soup that he had his doubts that it was going to turn out in their favor.

His attention fell back to James as he was talking how Billy died and that it was self-defense but Kain didn’t really think that would matter too anyone whom would want to challenge Sky for the Alpha position. His gaze looked up to James. “You know this don’t matter when it comes to one the pack to challenge her, hell just her becoming a vampire is grounds for them to turn on her. Hell she might even be in more danger from her clan than what Odin poses at the moment.” He picked up Billy’s feet and began to walk back to the house.

Laying his feet down in front of the back porch, his attention shifted to the yelling from inside. He looked at James a split second before dashing inside the house. His eyes fell to Megan as she was picking herself up then quickly to Sky. His anger flashed as his gaze fell to the weapon in her hand. “Do you really think that is wise going by yourself. That is exactly what he wants! Come on your smarter than this!” Kain bellowed but wasn’t going to stop her if she wanted to do this. This is where her leadership must speak out to everyone, she had to think and solve this on her own. He would support her in a combat way, but not on a leadership stance if she decided to go after him in a vengeful way…. “Think before you leap!” he replied while staring her down…

Megan stood up, her body hurt from hitting the ground so hard. about to speak up when kain started on sky. Afraid sky would turn on her she backed up and stood out of the way quietly.

Skylar glared back at kain. She was so angry and frustrated. Everything seemed to be falling apart for her. she sat the gun on the counter and turned around walking off into the hall, and front room of her house. Nothing felt fair to her anymore and she started to feel like what she done was wrong. finding the chair in the front room she sat down and clicked her nails on the wood armrest. her teeth grind together as she stared off into the distance out the window. tears started to roll down her face from the fact she just lost two friends who were great followers and their unborn child.

When sky was out of the room Megan shuttered out. "may..maybe this all was a bad idea.. maybe billy was right.. that isn't the sky i once knew.. sky never would done that.." her body and voice shook in fear. Fear kain may become upset with her now for speaking slightly ill of sky from the change she had thought was the best idea before that very moment. James pushed his way past kain over to her and just hugged her. "it is not her fault love, it's no ones fault but that hunter. Do you have the stuff ready though? I think we will need them after the meeting.." he kissed her forehead and held megan tight glancing over to kain unsure what to say to him.

The front door would ring and megan pushed herself to stand up straight, she wiped her face and softly smiled to the men before walking down to answer the door. Members of the pack would start showing up little at a time. Before the next three hours went by the house was full of pack members. Some introduced themselves to Kain and others avoided him like he was a plague. When everyone had arrived skylar finally stopped her cold stare out the window and stood up on the chair. "look I don't expect anyone to stay if they don't want to.. but just remember this.. you walk out that door.. your just as dead as charlie and lil.. they refused to come to at least listen to what i have to say.. what kain has to say... I know many of you are pissed that i changed myself.. but i did it for two reasons.. one to win this war and two.." She looked down for a brief moment before looking around. When she spotted kain she quickly looked away and back to the members. "Two cause.. I am just that stupid.. stupid in love with a man who hunted me for years that i terrorized and taunted. But he.. he.. loves me back just in his own way.. as i love each of you guys in different ways.. But today you all have a few choices.. You guys can fight me and lose.. like billy did.." When she spoke of billy, gasps would be heard from different areas of the group. a few glances and shocked faces would look around. "Or you can leave and be killed by the very same man who killed our friends Charlie and lil.. OR you can stay find out what this change is about and fight with us.. But i cant promise you that you will live.. That is up to you and how you decide to fight once your changed. But i can guaranteed this.. Odin's head will be on a pole in the front of my house when this is all over!" She watched the group and waited to see who would follow and who would leave.....

Cold, colder than the grip of death was the atmosphere in which Kain found himself. Some was his fault and some wasn't. His gaze followed Sky to the living room while he attempted to make sense out of this. He couldn't help but wonder if she was this emotional all the time, for in the past, she seemed always focused, strong, cold and calculating, but maybe that was a time that was now forgotten.  

He looked at Megan with a look that expressed all will work itself out. An expression that was almost at conflict with his true feelings of the situation. He wanted to just walk over and take Sky into his arms and tell her that it will be okay, but it wasn't going to be that easy. She had to find that coldness for Odin wasn't as weak nor captivated with the charms that Sky made him go through over the years for Odin didn't love her.

Kain remained silent and still as the pack made the space in the house smaller. His mind relived the past as some of the faces he gazed upon were ones that he has already seen before. He only nodded to the ones that introduced themselves for not wanting to bring a bad wave with the members that avoided him with the ones introducing.

Kain shook his head when she finished with her blunt statement. Stepping up he cleared his throat. "Odin, the hunter is here and is growing a sect here with wildings and turned humans to fight you all. It's really simple, join and have a chance or don't and die." he turned his attention to Sky. " Sky wanted this change for a personnel reason, not one of betrayal, she is tired of fighting and wants peace. She figured if she changed for the good of you all, than you can come to an agreement to either change or make peace with the kindred. But I fear the council will not agree with a peace so we must make them flee back into the shadows." he stepped back and gave the floor back to Sky.

Sky nodded to kain when he finished speaking. When she turned her focus back on some of the members she noticed some of them was leaveing. She just sighed and watched them out the window. How did she ever expect any of them to stay and go through this she never would know. Turning back to the ones who stayed she forced a small smile on her face. " Megan is making some veravain bombs and i have a stock of wooden bullets. we have stakes and silver but remember if you plan to use silver you must use the gloves. Are there any questions?" she asked as she hopped off the chair. "I got one.. How do we know we can trust your vampire to not turn on us.." a woman a little older then skylar turned and looked to kain. "I want to trust you but in my past i have been betrayed by your kind.. I have scars to prove it too" the woman said as another man stepped in. "yeah.. how can we trust you.. You look rather ready to lead us to captivity.." Sky blinked ready to reply when Megan came around the corner. "I trust him with my life and i am only human with powers.. If Myself and sky trust him i think you all should give him a chance...." She smiled towards kain hoping it helped him some.

Kain nodded to Megan in a thank you type fashion, looked at the other two lycans who questioned but only gave them a one moment request before walking out on the porch. His gaze scanning over the ones that was heading to their cars.

"Odin will not care if you walk out of this pack of yours. He will still kill you. In fact he will come after you first for you will not have the pack support so you will be easier to kill. If I wanted you all dead I would have attacked while your alpha was changing over, then I would have killed her in her sleep, but I didn't and now she has both of our powers which makes her even stronger than before. Why would I does this if I wasn't on your side? " Kain just looked at them for a moment shaking his head in the negative way, "Don't prove the kindred saying that your nothing more than a stupid walking canine." 

Having enough Kain walked back in and looked at the others knowing they all heard his speech whichday the moment he didn't care as he walked past everyone, his gaze fixed upon Skylar. Walking up to her he gasped her into his arms and pulled her to him. His eyes locked onto hers as he lowered his head to hers and kissed her deeply.

SKylar had been talking to a member when Kain came back in. Shocked of his reactions she kissed him back deeply wrapping her arms around his neck. It felt like everyone in the room had faded away leaving only her and him. Closing her eyes she kissed him even more with all her love.

Megan smiled at the two love birds and turned to the others. "I hope that answers your question.. Now come gather in the kitchen. We should let them have a moment alone.. I will explain the bombs and other stuff I made for you all" she said as she started coaching everyone out the room.

A few members who had left the house started coming back in. The words of Kain had sunken in and they didn't want to be known as cowards or betrayers. They wanted freedom just like skylar.

James had ordered a huge load of foods to feed the members with as megan started showing them the items.

When the room was cleared Skylar pulled from kain for a brief moment and whispered. "I am sorry i hit you earlier.. i was mad and thought you was trying to get out of this.. us.. what we have now.." Her eyes fixed to lock with his as she gently rubbed the baseline of his hair.

Kain didn't care about the others being in the room while they allowed the feelings to escape their control. Maybe it was, as Megan hinted, the only answer the pack needed to know about him, her, them. They all had to see that this change didn't strip the Sky that they all knew, but added to whom she was. It showed them that change is possible between the kindred and the lycan kingdoms, that there can be a peace between the races, but, as he knew would come up, that Sky had to change over to a Vampire instead of Kain changeling over to a lycan, a feat he didn't know if it was physically possible, but that was an argument for another time for now he just wanted to be with her.

He looked into her eyes with a new look, a look of love that wasn't going to be squelched any longer. He shook his head lightly from side to side, "I was a fool in trying to question what was going on or even to try and push the threat that we face in between us. I should have trusted your ability to keep focused on that and what was going on with us." he whispered softly to her. His arms bringing her closer to him. "I do not wish to stop this moment but we have to tend to the pact. We can pick this up as soon as we inform them of Odin, and then toss them out of here for the night." he looked into her with an enlightened look, and a naughty smile.

He lowered her down to the floor, but didn't release her from his grasp. Slowly he brought her to his lips and kissed her deeply. His hands clasped around the small of her back. He love the way her body felt against his. She was by all means the light at the end of his tunnel, a light that he has chased for a decade and now she was his...

Skylar kissed him back still in shock. His words rang deep in her mind but she knew putting odin off would do nothing but endanger more people, But with the bond so strong she still want him in ways she could never explain. Allowing her bond to speak for her she pulled from him. "the sooner we explain to them about odin the faster we can kick them out.. but we really don't have to." She looked him deep in his eyes and tried to smile but had a hard time faking a smile.

She could hear Megan in the kitchen showing off the veravain bombs and the bullets. It made her giggle and shake her head. "We should so get in there before she accidentally sets one of them bombs off and we get sick or she hurts herself with a splinter." She joked taking his hand and trying to pull him out towards the hall to the kitchen....

Kain nodded, a smile upon his face with the idle joke of Megan, in her thrill to show off her new toys, accidently setting off one of her toys. He sort of wondered if it was really a joke, for she did seem awful experimental with the potions, and well explosive devices. His mind kept showing the images of a mad scientist with smoking hair and a blackened face and teeth as they hold up a bubbling tube of green slime.

he allowed her to lead him back into the Kitchen to where the others were gathered around Megan while she continued to tell them about the operation and use of the bombs. They came to a rest at the table, where Kain moved himself directly behind Skylar, his hands going around her waist and clasping in front of her just under her navel. He pulled her gently back into him. Lowered his chin to her shoulder and listened to what was going on. Knowing that Skylar would speak soon of the plan.

Back
Top Bottom