Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You and Me Against the World - Organizer [dearestdarling x Traveler]

dearestdarling

something of a ne’er-do-well
This is the thread where Traveler and I will keep track of all the crazy and wonderful ideas for our new roleplay. Character profiles, backstories, subplots... It all goes here!

RE: "Unnamed Project" - Organizer [dearestdarling x Traveler]

Protagonist
John Clyde at 18
John at 31

Bio: New senior in the high school, rumored to be a bad seed and to have stabbed his stepfather. Some said he killed him. Nonetheless, he's now staying with his father, a prominent and wealthy businessman who's import and export business is a front for a big drug smuggling operation.

John is a loner; one of those kids who seems like he's seen more than a kids should have seen.

Antagonist
Brandon Bradsbury, age 17
He is the jock de jour, a golden boy who dates a golden girl, and who appears to have his shit together. He's been screwing around with Quinn for a few years now, and uses the fact that his girlfriend Tiffany is frigid as justification.

Tiffany Reed (Played by Dearestdarling)

Sgt. Harry Roebuck, age 43
Quinn's father
He never really recovered from his wife's betrayal, murder and suicide. Especially since he knew from the coroner's report that she was about four months pregnant at the time of her death, a secret he never told his daughter. Sgt. Roebuck self-medicated, like a lot of people do, with alcohol. As his only child grew and began to look more and more like his late wife, the resemblance has made it harder for him to cope. He is completely unaware of his daughter's extra-curricular activities and chooses to not notice how miserable her life has been. In many ways, Quinn lost both her parents the fateful day that her mother snapped.

My protagonist:
Quinn Roebuck

Her bio:
Quinn and her father are the social pariahs of their small, Southern town, left to pick up the pieces after Quinn's mother has an affair with the father of her childhood best friend, killing both he and herself when he tries to break it off. She yearns for a life free of the constant torment she suffers through, in Hell for a sin that she didn't commit. She keeps to herself, at first through necessity, but now by choice. Without a proper upbringing, she fears what the future could hold for her. She's a junior in high school.

Some early ideas from PMs, might need to edit these as time goes on!
Traveler said:
dearestdarling said:
Traveler said:
dearestdarling said:
Traveler said:
dearestdarling said:
Traveler said:
dearestdarling said:
Traveler said:
dearestdarling said:
Traveler said:
dearestdarling said:
Traveler said:
dearestdarling said:
So here's what I was sort of thinking. My character has lived in a small town all of her life, but when she was young, her mother killed her best friend's father, after their affair together went south, and then killed herself. Now she lives with her father, a formerly decorated police sheriff, now working at a desk job at the police station and getting drunk whenever he can, to escape the past. The only person who shows her any attention is a guy she goes to school with, who's only using her as an easy lay, since his perfectly preppy girlfriend won't put out. She knows it but she goes along with it anyway, thinking that's all she's probably good for. She's known as white trash, the daughter of a psycho and a drunk.

Your character moves to her school. He's older, and there's some vicious rumors that he stabbed his father, and his menacing demeanor doesn't help things. But over time, they sort of strike up a sort of friendship; their ostracization from the community draws them together. They start to talk until an incident with the boy that uses her causes your character to be kicked out of school; maybe while they were getting closer, she stopped allowing the first boy to use her, and he made a public threat to her. Maybe your character kicked his ass, which led him to be suspended.

Shortly after, my character is home alone when the guy she used to see comes knocking, like he used to. She refuses him but he doesn't care, breaks into her house and threatens to rape her. She panics, grabs the closest sharp implement and stabs him, killing him. She doesn't know what to do, so she shows up at your door, covered in blood and freaking out (or maybe he comes to her, maybe he's been keeping a look-out for her, ever sense being suspended) and he comes up with a plan that he's already been thinking of-- they're going to go on the run together. He hotwires a car and they're out of there, with the cops on their heels. If we decide that he arrives at her house (instead of she at his) maybe he plants evidence to make it look as though she were kidnapped by him, to protect her in case they're caught. Maybe she'd stabbed the guy with the a knife that your character had given her for protection, and it has his initials carved in it.

As they're on the run, occasionally being recognized and caught on tape at gas stations and rest stops, relying on your character's delinquent education to steal what they need and protect themselves, the investigation into the incident continues, led by my character's father. But as he's reviewing the evidence, maybe he finds reason to believe that his daughter went willingly with your character, and doesn't want to be found. He struggles with his want to reunite with his daughter, and the knowledge that if she is recovered, she may be facing murder charges.

I have some ideas as to where it could go after that, as well as maybe some of your character's backstory if you wanted to work together on that, but what do you think so far? I promise my feelings won't be hurt if you're not interested! This one is definitely more plot-heavy but I think there's plenty of room for smut too, once it gets going. :sleepy:

It's a great idea! It has kind of a rebel feel to it which I like. Which NPCs do you want to have main control over? Is there some kind of link between the bad boyfriend's girlfriend and the others? I'm guessing that your character is about 16 or 17, so I can make mine 18 if you'd like since they're in high school.

Where in the storyline do you want to start? I'm totally okay going as far back as you'd like and then working forwards. I totally thought of this guy when you talked about the broken police father who drowns his sorrows in alcohol. He's from Arrow, one of my guilty pleasures.

What a great back story you have for them! I instantly felt a connection with the characters. Yes. I really want to do this one!
Yay! I don't know why I was so nervous to share my idea, I guess I'm rather attached to this one. It all sort of came to me the other day... I have loads more ideas for it, but I think roleplays work out better when we work together to sort them out. :D

I was thinking we could start soon after your character has moved to her school? We can pre-establish her relationship with the other guy, and over time maybe she reveals what happens with her parents to him, as he shares his story with her. What happened with her mother will of course be common knowledge to everyone else, but your character would be shrouded in mystery... Until they bond. :p

I was thinking we could both control her father as needed (he doesn't have to be a huge part of the roleplay) and maybe you would control the other guy? Just so I'm not writing scenes by myself. ;)

Responding to your other message: your motive is pretty similar to the idea I had! And I like the pictures you linked; I still haven't really thought of anything for mine, but I will. :D

That all sounds great. Well, I'm happy for us to get started or to keep plotting if you like. I'm pretty happy to add this to the list of active role plays whenever you want to get started.
I wasn't thinking of starting until after the move, but now I'm feeling really pumped about it, and I sort of want to start soon... Maybe we could plot a little more, and start it in the next few days?

As you wish. ;)

So the bad boyfriend/booty call, what's his name? What is he all about? Is he from a wealthy family or is he some kind of jock?
I have some ideas for him. Maybe on the surface he's clean-cut, a nice, easy-going guy... But unknown to everyone besides my character, he's a meth-head, and very cruel and controlling of my character, because they both know he's the only person who will give her the time of day. He likes the power he has over her, and when she finally has the confidence to refuse him, it enrages him.

(Just a note about him though, I'd like to steer clear of actually roleplaying rape (I think we've talked about this before but just to clarify). Before, she agreed reluctantly, but there was no force involved... And she murders him before he can rape her, on the night she tries to send him away. I don't mind using it as a plot element, but I definitely don't want to actually play it out in any way. :sleepy: )

Maybe your character has an inkling of that too... Maybe his dad is the guy's supplier, a major drug dealer. When they run away, your character could steal some of his supply, to sell when they're on the road. Maybe a few times, the deals don't go well and additional murders will have to be committed...

I have about a million ideas for where this story could go. :D

Ha ha! It's interesting that murder is okay but rape isn't? LOL. Maybe the booty-call doesn't die but they think he's dead, so later when they do get out of the mess it works out to self-defense and a panic flee.

This reminds me slightly of a plot idea I worked on a long time ago with a Beauty and the Beast kind of interaction, but unfortunately that one died out. This one already has more meat in the story line.
Yeah, it's weird. I love horror movies, I can watch stuff like SAW without flinching, but rape scenes freak me the hell out. :huh:

Unless they think that your character stabbed the guy because he was jealous of him, and abducted my character. Who are they going to believe, upstanding nice guy or delinquent with a violent past, especially when the nice guy is still alive and needs a cover story? I think perception plays a lot into this plot. There's a lot of it open to interpretation.

Is it too similar? We can change things if you want, I don't want it to be repetitive for you.

There can be all kinds of plot twists and turns. Heck, maybe in the end my character winds up taking the fall for yours, and serves time for her? Then we can always take up the story later in their lives.

It's not too similar. Not at all. The entire premise is different and I know that I'll get collaboration from you as far as the pursuers and such.
It's like you're reading my mind!

Ah, I'm so excited for this! Usually my ideas come to me, piece by piece, but this one came all at once and I'm really pumped to play it out. Is there anything else you were thinking? We don't have to plan it all out now, of course, but I'd love to hear what you're thinking about it.

My brain always goes to subplots. I want to figure out the interactions between booty-call, prep girl, their parents, and my character's parents. Maybe the kids get roped in by the feds to go under cover in return for amnesty, and they get tangled up in gang things.
Sorry, that message sent before I wanted it to, and then I got pulled away for a moment. Maybe that's how your character gets out of prison, he works out a deal to work under cover for them, infiltrating all of his dad's clientele (assuming you wanted his dad to be a dealer; that would explain his wealth, anyway).

Now THAT is a great idea! I love that idea, and then he and YC can run into each other at that point. I wonder what she will have done with her life in the meantime?

Major events planned for the roleplay

1. The Homecoming Dance
Planned time: 2 weeks from the start of the roleplay
  • Brandon invites Quinn to go, as a prank
  • Quinn is humiliated by Brandon and Tiffany, a la Carrie
  • Quinn leaves the dance, totally distraught
  • She and John share a dance outside

2. The Night of the Murder
Planned time: TBD
  • Brandon shows up at Quinn's house, wanting to hook up
  • Quinn refuses him
  • Brandon intends to rape her
  • Quinn and Brandon fight, struggling over the knife John gives her beforehand
  • Quinn murders Brandon
  • John shows up, too late to defend her
  • Unbeknownst to Quinn, John begins to plant evidence to set himself up

More ideas from our PMs

1. John starts working for one of his dad's fronts but quickly figures out it's just a cover for selling crystal meth. His dad realizes that he can use John (who hadn't lived with him till recently, as he was with his mom/in jail) to sell to a new demographic-- wealthy high school kids that like to party.

2. Brandon becomes one of his clients. The meth makes him even worse than he already was, as violence and obsessive behavior is a side effect of meth. Brandon snaps in class one day, calls Quinn something nasty or threatens her, John goes ballistic and beats the hell out of him, maybe only stopping when he's dragged away.

3. What if when John's attacking Brandon, it drops out of his pocket and Quinn grabs it before anyone can see, so John won't be in more trouble for having a knife at school? She means to return it to him, but she doesn't get to see him to do so and besides, maybe it comforts her, reminds her of him? I like this way better because it makes Brandon's attack and subsequent death more of a surprise, less of an anticipated event. Almost like a Chekhov's Gun? It demonstrates her desire to protect him as well. Of course he's suspended and she's kept away, so she keeps the knife.

4. John's suspended, stops selling to Brandon. Brandon blackmails Quinn and keeps track of her every moment of every day, so she can't even hang out with John anymore.

5. Brandon could've threatened her that he would bring friends over and she refuses, finally trying to cut ties with him. The act of her refusing him, mixed with the effects of drug use/withdrawal could be his reason of wanting to come over and sexually assault her.

6. So he starts swinging by her house every day to check up on her, but then the night of the murder, his dad holds him back and they get in a fight, maybe he's mad because he lost Brandon and his friends as a client?

7. In the midst of defending herself, Quinn kills Brandon using John's knife.

8. So John is late on his check up and stumbles onto Quinn, covered in blood. Maybe she even gets knocked unconscious or something, so at first he thinks the blood is hers.

9. In their panic they flee, but John makes it look like a break-in and tries to cover for Quinn. Maybe he even puts his prints on the knife and smears out hers to make it look like he kidnapped her so that she's protected from suspicion.

"Quinn is a junior, John should technically be a senior but because he was in juvie, he's having to make up some classes, at least that's what we've said before. He could be on the late end of seventeen, and Quinn on the early end, if that's what you think would work?" ~DD

Back
Top Bottom