Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

needing some advice

Hi,

I am a little upset right now because I have been turned down by two ... count 'em, two female RPers for roleplaying - and they weren't smut based roleplays!

I have been on other rp sites before; I don't get turn downs, I get 'we have to work on this, it's not right at the moment' or at least a little loving paragraph saying why it probably isn't going to work out.

I am looking for more of a story line; I am very surprised by how picky some people are on the roleplays they choose or do not choose. I write my little heart out in a narration that takes some times out of my day only to be given two lines of no.

Actually, I have had four rejects, but two of them legit. The one explained to me clearly she wanted me to have fun with the story, but she wasn't in it for the story. The other one told me she was bad at detailed plots.

But these other two seemed very dismissive and maybe slightly cold, even if they didn't intend for it to come off that way.

I guess my question is: what can I do to get better results? I'm not looking for every potential partner to say yes. But honestly, I feel like I'm auditioning here for the part on a broadway play. Sorry if I sound upset or rough; I pride myself, to some extent, on being flexible and easy to work with. So when I don't get treated the same, it's kind of discouraging.

You might be doing nothing wrong. You may have the best style in the world and still run into people who won't take the time to respond. And of course, in a site like this, a lot of us are looking for "mindless smut" as opposed to articulate, detailed, well-written and delightfully plotted role play. I confess at times, this might describe me.

Good luck and don't let the non-responsivness of others define you or get you down.

Skywise.wolfrider said:
I have been turned down by two ... count 'em, two female RPers for roleplaying - and they weren't smut based roleplays!

Perhaps they wanted smut?

Perhaps you're thinking about this way too hard. For all you know, one hated elves and the other wolves, and they both were turned off by your avatar. People are mercurial, and when satisfying their fantasies, not especially interested in explaining themselves. Or so I've found.

Honestly, difficulties finding and/or keeping RP partners is not something that is unique to this particular RP board. It is something you will find no matter where you go. I've spent time on many RP boards across the internet and have found this to be true everywhere. So, people always need to keep it in mind that they are not alone in dealing with this phenomenon. Really, what it has to do with is that people are all hidden behind the comfort of their screens and thus the usual responsibilities expected of people as adults to communicate. That and this is a hobby, not a job. Anyway, perhaps if that is kept in mind, your perspective will change.

So, remember: You are hardly alone here. This happens everywhere. And once you get through the hurdles and actually connect with writers that truly mesh with you? Worth it.

Imma have to agree with DA on this. I've been to so many RP boards it's not even funny. And I've run into this particular problem everywhere, except BMR isn't half dead, gasping for air because it has only 10 users online. [Yes I know thats not actually a true estimate. But it's close.] I ended up waiting for like 9 months or more before I found a partner I really clicked with. And all that waiting I did, all that irritation at the fails didn't matter. As DA said, once you do find them it's so worth it on so many levels.

Patience really is a key thing with RPing and I'm glad I waited. I have an amazing partner and 3 RPs with him all over a year old. One of them is almost 2 years old.

I'm not trying to brag or anything, just making a point. Sometimes to find what you're looking for you need an amazing amount of patience and you need to truly love RPing / writing. Otherwise it won't end up being worth it in the end.

For 9 months or more I had people dropping me without a single word just ignoring me. Others who refused straight out. For 9 months or more this happened. I almost gave up on RPing. But I held out and now I have these amazing stories that make me happy.

I'm sorry it's happening but it happens to everyone and it happens everywhere. If you RP....it's inevitable. BMR has a giant community, much larger than a lot of other boards so you're going to run into people like that.

Additionally, you might get more help on how to word PMs to potential partners if we knew what you were saying to them in the first place. If you went ahead and posted up what you send them as a greeting / introduction. As of now all we can comment on is well, what we have all already commented on. Just, something to keep in mind.

It's a very frustrating hobby what can I say! I like rather involved plots as well and also like to stray from one dimensional characters, that said I also like simple smutty stuff as well.

The short answer is people can be fickle, they might already have enough RP Partners or be busy or anything else. Don't take it personally, to be honest it is probably better that someone who thinks they won't write well with you doesn't respond anyway, nothing worse than spending X amount of time writing a post only to have your RP dropped within one or two posts.

Back
Top Bottom