Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What Color Is Your Lightsaber?

So for those who were not aware, the various lightsaber colors used in the Star Wars universe have a certain level of symbolism. There are exceptions to the rules, of course, but most saber users of similar skills always seem to have the same color saber. I never really learned what each one meant, but I found this neat little quiz that tells you what color your saber would be if you were a jedi! I remember from my previous experience with BMR that some of you like to take and share these little quizzes, so here it is!

I got purple! My favorite color!

images.weserv.nl

My mental ones are turquoise and orange. But I got green.

images.weserv.nl

I saw that one coming from a mile away once I read what the purple saber symbolized. I always saw myself as one who would be a Sith if I were to have lived in the Star Wars universe. The whole 100% inner peace and the Jedi's rejection of personal connections would not fly with me. I love my friends and I couldn't imagine life without them. Also there's the whole 'not allowed to have a council-approved lover' thing. You cannot chain or confine love.

images.weserv.nl

Indeed! Not to cause a philosophical debate or anything, but I doubt that there would be many Jedi at all in today's modern world. The Jedi and Sith philosophies do not revolve around, or even include any elements of, the good versus evil paradigm. What makes one a Jedi or Sith is entirely based on the approach that they take when connecting with the force, wherein Jedi close themselves off from their emotions where the Sith embrace them and draw upon them.

I don't think that I know a single person who would have the discipline that it would take to be a true Jedi. I know that the Jedi Sentinel, outlined in my saber result, would be the closest that anyone that I know could possibly achieve.

Agreed. Most of the people I know would like to claim to be a "full" Jedi, but we all know that we would fall more into the Sentinel category.

Hell, if you read the books, all of the Jedi are Sentinels...

Well, as I stated above, the Sith are not necessarily evil, nor are they the 'bad guys'. The Star Wars movie franchise paints the Sith as nefarious villains because of Darth Sidious, Count Dooku, and the little bitch known as Darth Vader. They are all sorry excuses of a Sith, in my opinion. Pretty much any Sith who follows the 'Rule of Two' has been worthless... It's such a stupid philosophy that was written into the Sith ideology by Darth Bane and has since severely crippled the power of the Sith Empire (again, in my opinion).

True Sith come from the Old Republic era, and you will find a small handful of those Sith who are not at all truly evil. Now, the Dark Side draws its strongest powers from anger and hatred, and I'll give you that channeling these emotions is almost always a negative thing, but the 'Dark' Side of the force is not inherently evil in and of itself. While anger and hatred draw the strongest powers from the Dark Side, Dark Side powers can also be fueled by love. Love, like hatred, is largely frowned upon (or straight up forbidden depending on who you ask) within the Jedi order for this reason. Good and evil are a matter of perspective when it comes to the Force and as I said before, I know for a fact that I would be a Sith if such things were part of our world.

I am not a bad person, but I would not be able to simply bottle up my emotions and forsake the rest of the world to a fate pre-determined as the Force decides. In that aspect, I would say that it is the Jedi, not the Sith, who are evil. There have been a number of instances when the Jedi could have stopped, or at least tried to stop, a tragedy from happening, but chose not to because it would have violated the precious code of their order. They are entirely apathetic and that makes them more dangerous than the Sith. At least you know where you stand with a Sith. You can never truly know with a Jedi, who would betray you in a heartbeat if it was in the best interests of the Jedi Order or the Force.

images.weserv.nl

The diametric never made sense to me anyway. That seemed more like a new trilogy thing than an old trilogy thing. Old trilogy Luke Skywalker had his relationships, he got angry, sad, happy, and so on, but in the end he chose mercy over vengeance--that is what made him a Jedi and not a Sith like his father was.

Then again, this diametric bit between the Jedi and Sith was also brought to you by the guy who sincerely thought it wise to have Yoda say "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." Realize that any of those emotional states is interchangeable: Anger leads to fear, fear leads to suffering, suffering leads to hate. (Because emotions lacking context put in any arbitrary order can be rearranged in any other order you like.)

So... Idk. I kind of hope that this is left in the prequel trilogy past and not brought forward into the post-old trilogy that Disney is doing. Because human robots make for poor galactic protectors when empathy is ordinarily a trait one would associate with Jedi... In fact, Jedi seem to use empathy pretty much everywhere to try and understand the conflict and its emotional connotations from each side. Personal involvement becomes inevitable at that point, which would go against the Jedi code... I'm so confused...

Where's Plinkett when you need him.

images.weserv.nl

Can't say I'm too terribly surprised. When it comes to issues I do tend to favour a more brute force and ignorance approach to it. I honestly feel like I'd be a Jedi that the council keeps a close eye on, waiting for me to start going down the Dark path, but not wanting ot pull me from the task at hand because I get it done, no matter what.

Huh I got red... well I do prefer to play darkside when playing star wars games. Though I'm curious how the score was calculated as I don't think my answers were particularly angry or violent?

images.weserv.nl

Prisa said:
Though I'm curious how the score was calculated as I don't think my answers were particularly angry or violent?

It focuses on certain answers, like the one asking about the fighting style (with the pics). If you chose the bloody one up at the top left, it probably hooked onto that and a few of your other answers.

Sapphic Valentine said:
So for those who were not aware, the various lightsaber colors used in the Star Wars universe have a certain level of symbolism. There are exceptions to the rules, of course, but most saber users of similar skills always seem to have the same color saber. I never really learned what each one meant, but I found this neat little quiz that tells you what color your saber would be if you were a jedi! I remember from my previous experience with BMR that some of you like to take and share these little quizzes, so here it is!

I got purple! My favorite color!

images.weserv.nl

My color is silver

To show my aligment, neither sith nor jedi, but exile, a rogue, doing what I wish, what I feel is right.

So, way back in kindergarten i had this one teacher with a big box full of giant scale tinkertoys...

Often, we would make lightsabers out of them and have epic fights, much to the teacher's dismay...

Anyways, to answer your question, mine was usually red... *grin *

Back
Top Bottom