Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Generic Adventure Z

Chapter 1
Prologue

As the roaring laughter filled the air around the campfire he glanced around at his comrades and sighed. Looking out at the desolate desert wasteland that had once been Magus Gigas, Galfrade felt a sense of wanting. Knowing that there was and would never be anyway he could return this field of sand and ruined buildings to their former glory left him with an even greater need to try. There had to be something he could do to preserve even a small piece of this place, of it's memory and culture, but what? The stars shone bright in the blackness, enough to light the world without the air of the moon or sun.

“He's off daydreaming again Tristan, You're just wasting your breath.” Came the superior tone of the Drow Mage Vierna. Galfrade blinked a few times looking around the group of faces. “Sorry Blesk, I must be more tired then I thought. I think I'll head back to the ship and change for bed.” He said standing up. “Would you like any help with that Noble?” Viena practically singsonged. Glancing around the other five in his crew he couldn't help but chuckle, Tristan and Madeen looked horrified, Tarence Highwinds rumbled with a deep chuckle and Sam blushed a deep mauve color. The six of them couldn't be more different from one another but somehow they'd made it work. “Not tonight, I think I still need rest from earlier.” He said as he took his leave. As he walked the halls of The Pioneer, Galfrade thought about what the end of the war entailed and what exactly would need done. He stopped, sighing, and looked around the ship getting his barrings once more.

In the dark it was silent except for a light clapping of cupboard doors in the galley. “Strange.” Clyde was the only one who would be on the ship, making repairs and usually you had to force the old codger to eat when he had a project, otherwise he'd forget he needed food or sleep at all. Stepping quietly down the corridor, his sword drawn and an entrapment spell in his free hand, Galfrade made his way towards the kitchen area. Inside he could hear the rustling of movement done so lightly it was obvious the person was trying to not make noise. He threw open the door and pause in shock. The small lemur girl couldn't be but perhaps four or five. In his moment of awe at it not having been a raider or a moeberry, the small beat-girl dashed with her sack of food, skidded under his legs and in a flash, she, his sword and his coin purse were all gone. He went running down the hall and catching a glimpse of a long furred tail.

“Hey! Come Back!” He hollered after the girl as he chased her down. Around each corner he was barely missing her as he threw entrapment spells down each narrow hallway. To late he began to realize she was heading for the door of the ship. If she hit the ruins just beyond he would loose her. Just as he saw the door, Galfrade skidded to a halt staring in shock as a snicker grew on his face. In the doorway of the ship stood Tarence, tall in his dragon motif armor holding the beastial girl by the scruff of the neck as she kicked and scratched as his gauntlets in vain. The sack of stolen food in his other hand. “Galfrade.” He said nodding in his usual nonchalant tone. “Is this yours?” he asked raising the girl a bit higher off the ground.

“Not to rough. Look at her. I think she's a native. Highwinds, take her inside and put her in one of the spare rooms. Make she she doesn't get out. I'll be in shortly.” As the mountain of armor passed him Galfrade stepped up to the rest of the group whom had been on their way towards the ship. “Madeen, we have a survivor.” Stunned, the healer looked up from her tome and stared. “What? Who?!” she asked shutting the volume and hurrying forward, closely followed by the others. “A young beastial girl. She had to have been here months, perhaps longer. We caught her stealing food from the galley. I don't know much about the child except she is....exceptionally fast on her feet.” he told her with a slight chuckle.

“Alright then let us go and see her.” Bustling past him without another word, the woman's white robes blew free some desert sand from the fabric as she rushed onto the ship. Making her way deliberately towards the sleeping quarters she soon found where Tarence stood guard. Galfrade just behind her she shooed away the large man making her way inside where they found room empty. “Where is she!” Madeen exclaimed in a panic. Galfrade took in the room quickly, worried the girl must have slipped free somehow before he spotted the small furred tail.

Pointing it out to Madeen quietly, Galfrade knelt down lifting the side of the covers to find the girl huddle in the corner under the bed. “Hey there.” Smiling his voice was gentle and the girl looked up at him with the large eyes of a terrified nocturnal creature. “I promise none of us will hurt you. Come on out. What's your name?”

“Maiya....I am afraid...” words came out mixed with what sounded like squeaks as the girl's voice broke and shook with fear. “I promise I'll protect you.” Reaching out his hand Galfrade took her and let her out of the darkness of he bed.

Pecking in through the cracked door Galfrade smiled lightly. Sam hummed with the girl's head cradled in her lap. Satisfied he was not to be needed tonight her turned and left for the control room of the ship for some quiet. As he turned to leave Madeen spotted the red cape flutter past the door. Finishing the report for young Maiya, she gathered up her things putting each piece meticulously away before rising to follow him down the halls of the ship.

Madeen offered him the paper she held. Blinking, Galfrade tore his eyes away from the book he held in his lap looking up and taking the sheet. “A little dehydrated and a bit of malnutrition but otherwise she is fine. I had Sam make her a hot meal and we put her to sleep. From what I got out of her she was in the city when it was blown into dust. It's a miracle she survived, since then she's been raiding solder parties as the passed through here on what's left of the main road. Since the war ended however we've been the first people she's seen in several weeks. It's a wonder she's lived so long to be honest.”

“Thank you Madeen. Go get some rest. You've earned it.” He said turning back to his book. Tilting her head she took a step closer and glanced down over his shoulder. “What is that you are reading? It seems to be written in beastial.” He nodded. “It is. It's a law book. I'm going to learn their culture as much as I can.” he explained. “Why?” chuckling he answered. “So that I can teach her.”

She gaped at him. “You cannot be serious Galfrade! You of all people! Taking on a pupil?!” “Not a pupil Madeen! A child. With the spirit I see in this one I can't let it go with the possibility of it fading in a world and life on the streets. No, I'm adopting her.” The woman was stunned. The most womanizing, drunkard, talented man she'd ever met, adopting a young girl because he could see 'spirit in her'?! It was ludicrous and unheard of. “Truly Galrfade please, will you not reconsider?! Are you sure you are ready for such a responsibility in your life?!”

“Madeen you wound me! Do you really think I will not be able to handle one child on my own? I'll have you know you will find me quite capable!” He declared defiantly. “Not I Noble! I do not see your capability at all! Please let us take her to Raven's nest! We will find her a family there! If her being on the streets is what concerns you then please let us all find her a proper family!”

“Enough Madeen! Why is it you seem so against the idea of me taking care of this child?!” Rising from his chair he faced her, setting the book down on the control panel beside him. “Galfrade Eugine Noble! If you take over the guidance of this or any child now while you are still so naive and unsettle you will only guide her into destruction! Mark my words if you stay stubborn on this you will lead her into a life of sin and hoodlumism!”

Chapter 2
On The Horizon

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE THIEF!!!" Called out the large man. He was looking around the room wildly, trying with all his might to spot which way the unknown worm had went. He was just a lowly guard to his Lord's hoard of 'liberated' goods and treasures. He was sure he'd seen the slight frame of a child run through the main lobby carrying a large sack of the master's goods. As he looked around, his panic surged as he was sure the consequences for his impudence would be severe.

'Man he is persistent!' Maiya thought, watching him far below her. She had herself pushed between a rafter and the roof looking down, with the light of an open skylight glaring behind her, the same one she had come in through. She shifted slowly and tested her movements. No good. The bag was large and heavy. There was no way to get to the ledge without making enough noise to attract his attention, though she only needed a moment to get up and out. She slipped both straps of the bag into her shoulders, making sure it was secure before pulling a small glass marble out of her pocket. Aiming for the side hall she set it into an elastic strap and shot it down the hall. It bounced along the marble floors and walls echoing loudly. 'Yes!'

“Ha! There you are you little brat!" The large man barreled down the hall after the noise, triumph spreading over his features. Smiling, Maiya balanced herself as she pushed up onto her feet, and wrapped around the rafter, providing extra support as she readied herself. Maiya took a breath and leaped up her fingers wrapping around the window sill and the bag rattled something fierce. She quickly heard footsteps approaching but she didn't stop. Her feet were kicked up over the ledge and onto the roof before the men even made it into the room.

She released the breath she'd been holding as she looked out the the sunlit the sky. It was easily noon. Dread sunk into her stomach. She was late! Galfrade had a council meeting today and she was supposed to watch the shop. Quick, as a flash she let her bare feet pad off across the heavy roof tops, taking every short cut she knew. As She ran, some of the locals waved, called out a hello, or asking if she was late again. She waved and nodded as she sprinted passed not taking a moment to stop.

When she came up on their shop she knew she couldn't go in the front or he'd never let her keep any of it. Maiya, ran around back and scampered up the pile of old junk that was there, mostly old parts of unknown uses and origins. She took off the bag on her back, tossing it onto the ledge of the roof, quickly following behind. The metal rattled as she went over to her window pausing and cussing. It closed itself again. "Stupid old house! Galfrade really needs to fix this latch!" she told herself as she went around the ledge where the roof cut off, snatching up the bag as she went.

Around the corner, only a foot onto the other side was Galfrade's window ledge, it was only two inches of room but his window was always open. Her back tight to the wall she stretched out one leg slowly trying to keep her balance even with all the weight on her back as her toes brushed the window sill. With a spur of faith she placed her foot steady on the ledge before quickly flinging herself around the corner. She felt the weightless feeling of falling before her hand gripped the open window, half her body hanging twelve feet from a cobblestone alleyway.

Galfrade scratched at his beard while he looked at an old book a costumer had brought in, it wasn't anything special, and it was in bad shape. The woman that brought it in looked hopeful though. He saw a lot of things like this, scavengers searching the world wide for old artifacts from foreign lands. Most of the places were in utter ruins at best, and so were what was left. Anything in good shape was worth a hefty bit of coins for the historical committee, then again, anything from before Chaos that showed how people lived off Renmore was worth a lot. To remember Gaia's lost. It was the final kindness that could be done.

Sighing, Galfrade rubbed his temples, grasping at his patience. "I'm afraid I can only offer 300 coins for it. It's in bad shape, most of the pages are missing, and the binding is bad were it isn't burnt. Still, a few pages might be useful in making a restored copy for the archives. That's the only reason I can even offer the 300."

Soon as he said it he saw the woman's smile drop. He wasn't sure how far she had bought it from, but obviously she was hoping for more. The deal went through either way, 300 wasn't anything to snark at when you needed to make ends meet. At the very least it would buy you a one way trip on a airship.

"If you have anything else you'd like sell I'd be more than willing to look it over." He offered trying to lighten her mood.

"Ugh... no. I was sure I'd hit the jackpot that time too." She moaned looking down at the piece with disappointment.

"I'm sorry miss. I've been told that trips to the Frozen Lands are doing well though."Galfrade chimed forcing some lightheartedness, no reason to loose a possible future endeavor over a raw deal.

"Maybe, not to many people have been able to explore there thanks to Chaos' ice storms. Place is a death trap though. Hmm...." She mumbled thoughtfully as she turned to leave.

"Good luck miss, love to do business again." Galfrade called out the young woman walked out of the small store. This sort of thing was a everyday event, explores and adventures bringing back their finds, hoping to make a small fortune while the market was hot. He bought anything worth while and turned a profit by restoring it and selling it to the historical committee or a collector. In turn coins swapped hands, people were motivated to explore the world, set up small towns, and restore ruins to something livable all while the old and lost histories of Gaia could be saved for future generations to learn from.

Galfrade sighed a bit as more people came and went, a normal day. It was almost noon, Maiya would be home soon. She was always good for a laugh or two before the city council was held. News from Metropolitana would be coming in, he prayed to the Goddess it was good news.

Maiya took a deep slow breath before she slide inside and instantly tripped over her own two feet and one of his boots left on the floor. She hit the wood hard and her bag broke open, the loot spilling everywhere. "Shit!" she yelled as she quickly gathered everything up and ran it to her room, she shoved it all into her hiding spot then ran back to grab the rest of the small pieces and took them to her room as well, stashing it all away.

Galfrade sighed as he and half the store heard the loud thump and crash from up above. Any of the locales knew that was Maiya coming home with Leviathan knows what. For several of the shoppers, he had to calm them down, reassuring them it was nothing. That girl was going to give him a panic attack one day.

After a moment she remember her shift and sprinted down stairs, nearly tumbling over herself. "Sorry I'm late! Oh and my bag broke. Can you fix it?" she asked handing him what looked like a flag that had been through the war. More holes and tares then should still leave it in one piece. A couple of people smirked and chuckled as she apologized for being late.

Galfrade ran his fingers through his hair with a small smiles as he gave the bag a look, it was in utter shambles. Just what had she done to the poor thing? He sighed and gave his head a shake, "I'm not really sure. I can patch it I think, but it looks like you tore the seam. Might be easier to just buy a new one and use this for scrap cloth."

His fingers scratched the back of his head, it really was a wonder what she had done to the thing. Not that it mattered at this point in time, it was past noon and he needed to get to city hall, "Ether way Maiya, I need you to tend to the shop for me. If anything comes it that your not sure about let them know I'll be back around six."

Leaving her to look after the shop was a tad scary, but she was a good girl most days and knew the sell prices for everything. She could also find anything that they had in stock, mostly spell regents and magic items. Besides, it was better to let her get the experience now for when she was older than to close up shop at noon. It was peek business hours after all.

"But...that was the bag..." her eyes got a bit bigger and tears swelled them slightly. That had been hers from her home, it was one of the only things she still had from those ruins. She knew though that it couldn't be helped.

Sighing, Galfrade knelt down and set his hand on her shoulder gently. “Look I'll see what I can do when I get back. I might have enough cloth in the back to patch it. However, you still may want to think of retiring it for use.” With that he stood and grabbed what he needed to go. A few minor items really, his sword for his belt, and his shield on his back. He felt unbalanced with out them to be honest, even after so many years of peace. It was a common feeling, people had been armed for so long that going out with out a blade felt suicidal. Even after so many years of peace, then again, fiends were everywhere, and a few stray demons still ran about. The outer continent were suppose to be far worse. Renmore was relatively tame. At least from the outside, he knew better. The Spider Queen was worrying him and the rest of council. All the more reason to move on.

"Alright.." she said as she started looking over the stock list. As he got ready to leave she began working with the group of customers that began coming in droves. The streets were full of busy people walking and laying about as he made his way at a brisk pace. The city was alive, humes, beastials, a good deal of mondrils carrying mail and packages here and there, and even a elf or two. On rare occasion you might even catch sight of a Sprite. Those were a odd sort, very intelligent and normally calm, but most people were a bit wary of them. Not but two decades ago they were all fiends, still he'd yet yo have any trouble with them. They might be the only good Chaos did.

As Maiya worked the shop several items came in that were in good enough condition that she could feel confident in what she paid for them. However, many others she asked to come back later, most though she just flat out turned away. She had been doing this a while and most of the regulars chuckled as they watched her turn away a lot of hopefuls who brought in broken shards of pottery and tried to pass them off as valuable, thinking a little girl wouldn't know the difference.

One in particular was being a royal pain and Maiya was about to blow a gasket. He was being particularly persistent and she'd been arguing with him for several minutes. Work was beginning to back up and a few customers had moved on to other shops. Maiya was getting tired of the snobbish newbie adventurers that thought they could only bring in perfection. "You don't understand miss, this is genuine -"

"No sir, YOU don't understand!” She snapped at him cutting him off. ”We are running a business here! You bring in garbage and expect prices as that wouldn't even get paid to you if you brought in the ancient gems of the summoners of old!” Snatching up his sack of finds and headed towards the front door. “Now get out of our shop!" She bellowed as she threw his 'loot' out into the busy streets. Cursing and ranting he dashed out to collect his goods as she let the door close with a satisfying jingle and click behind him. Sighing heavily, Maiya went back to the desk and finished with a few older customers who had pre-ordered supplies for new journeys.

Avalon. One of the other human cities. A magnificent human creation of tall buildings, large government establishments and full of privately owned stores. A rich area of the world and a place that Archie liked to visit often. It was a place that when he grew bored of Haven, which was rare, he would come to. This time however he wasn't here for vacation. This time it was for a council meeting. He was chosen to be a diplomat to this specific council meeting. An honor that was given to him just a few days before.

With his large shield on his back and his sword carefully rested on his waist, he walked into the glorious city. A gentle smile grew on his face as the pure essence of the city warmed his soul. Archie walked toward the government building in which the council meeting was being held in. His shield clinked against his heavy white armor, except a helm, which was outlined in blue decor. Archie got many looks from people as he walked through. It was apparent that a Paladin was a rare sight in this city. A light chuckle escaped his mouth as he realized he was such a spectacle.

The building finally came into view. The tall building was obviously one of importance and it showed. The tall walls towered over the buildings around as if it was showing a definite dominance over the city that surround it. A small smile grew upon his face as he felt a little bit more at home around this building. It was similar to the building they had at Haven. This very building was the source of hope that flooded the city.

Galfrade stopped in front of the stairs leading to council, his eyes trailing up the high walls to the large clock. It had been rebuild six times during the war for one reason or another and was the first thing the council repaired fully. It stood like a monument to Avalon, It was the city that never fell, the people that would go on, that time could not be held still by war, nor could progress be held back by the past. He smiled a bit, it was almost one in the afternoon. He had made better time than he thought. He was about to walk in when he heard someone mention a paladin, he had to turn and look. Just as he had heard, there was a paladin. Normally he wouldn't have thought to much of it. He had lived with them for nearly a year, so they seemed normal, but the council was expecting one today, so ether it was huge coincidence, or that was his man. Galfrade waved him over with a friendly smile while he called out, "Paladin! Over here." he felt like he should have know the kid, but he couldn't put a name or memory to the face. Must have been younger than he thought.

Archie's day dream was interrupted by a voice. A seemingly wise voice. His attention was drawn to the male Hume that stood a little ways ahead of him. Archie quickened his pace just slightly to meet up with the man. "Greetings" he said with a gentle bow as he approached the man. "I assume you are a part of the council?" He was kind of excited for this meeting. To be a diplomat, his whole life was trained for combat, this would be a new experience and hopefully, cause him to be more well rounded of a Paladin.

Galfrade smiled a bit more as the boy came closer, "Yes, I take it your our spokes man from Hevan. A bit odd that they chose a young man like yourself, but perhaps a new face will raise moral a bit." With that he gestured the man forward and started to towards the door, opening if for the Paladin and following him after.

As the man spoke, his wise voice seemed to Archie to hold a great amount of history. "I am in fact. The usual diplomat fell ill. They asked me to fill in. " He didn't dare tell the man that he wasn't entirely sure why they asked him above others. He didn't bring up that he wasn't as confident as he probably should be either. This was a completely new experience and he wasn't one for words usually. Speaking with a sword was much more of his taste. To be fair though... this would make him well-rounded and hopefully, allow him to be ahead of the others for a leadership position.

"My name is Galfrade Noble, I'm the 6th seat. I take it you know about our Drow diplomat returning today?” Archie nodded an acknowledgment to him as he opened the door for Galfrade and filed in behind him. Galfrade was his name, Galfrade Noble. Wait! He recognized that name. He had heard rumors of such a soldier from other Paladins but this couldn't have been the same man, this one was a politician, no soldier. Archie shook the thought out of his head as Galfrade continued to speak.

“We've been trying to foster a friendship with the Drow for about a year now. Its been rough, at best. We're all hoping for good news today." He, of course, was genuine, but there was a small bit of doubt and worry behind Galfrade's fatherly smile. Rough was putting things nicely, in all truth it had been a down hill adventure from the start. Everything was in hopes of prolonging another war from coming about. The people wouldn't be ready for war for another decade at best, nor would the city, or Remore as a whole.

"I wasn't aware. This will be interesting. I wasn't given any information except for time and location." He told the man. That being said, he hoped for good news just as Galfrade did. If it was anything other, it wasn't going to be anything that could be handled with easily. At worst, it could create a disaster that the world would have to deal with and wasn't necessarily ready to.

They walked the hallways to the conference room in silence. The news of the Drow diplomat made Archie nervous. How would be possibly handle such a delicate subject with such a novice level of experience? He couldn't let his nerves show however, it would make Haven look weak in the eyes of the others. With a gentle rub of the back of his head, he continued to walk with his mind full of possible situations, both good and bad. Finally, they neared a room with two large mahogany doors.

With a casual look toward Galfrade, they entered the doors into a magnificent room. Tall white marble walls leading to a muraled dome ceiling. Archie stared as he passed by one of the dozen pillars that lined the room, realizing it was wider than the pillars at Hevan's main chapel. A large table laid in the center of the room which was surrounded by sixteen chairs. Forcing his attention back from the smoothed stone and painted walls, he watched Galfrade go to his respected seat before taking the seat which was reserved for the Haven diplomat, silently hopeful that this would go well.

Galfrade chuckled a bit as the boy said he wasn't given any information. Someone had goofed, but it didn't matter. They were here, and on time for the most part. He took his seat as a few more members wandered in, the room was a low roar of voices as nearly sixteen people spoke at once. The room was built to echo well, much like a church.

Archimedes was appalled by the people who started to file into the room. All of the people were obviously of high class and intelligent politicians. The more people who came into the room, the more the nerves began to get at him. He was way out of his league on this one. As a matter of fact, he really felt he shouldn't be here.

Archie was silent as the room was filled with mummer of fifteen voices. He didn't know who any of these people were and he would potentially have to argue with them on points he felt Haven would agree with. Finally, one man, who he assumed was the head of the council, stood up and raised his hands, the whole room quieted down.

Maiya's mind drifted for a while as the shop began to empty slowly. She had helped one customer after another. A few kids ditched inside the store, running from a man she knew to be the owner of the food booth around the corner. His stuff was always over priced and never fresh and he was a penny pinching jerk. She usually had fun messing with him. One look at the kids told her they were just like her. They had been left without parents from the war, but they hadn't been as lucky as to find someone to care for them. When they spotted her the boys froze, trying to hide the fruit behind them but she just smiled and shuffled them out the back door. She walked back out front and glanced out the front window, noticing that the street was beginning to clear. The sky was darkening and it looked like a bit of much needed rain. She knew she wouldn't get any other customer's today.

Looking at the clock it was edging on 1:30 in the afternoon. She knew the council meeting would have started by now and they would just be getting into the heated arguments. Decisively, Maiya closed and locked up the shop, before heading out the door and disappearing into the dispersing crowd.

Maiya made her way towards the City Council Building as fast as she could manage. As the square grew closer she could recall the last time she had actually been invited into the grand council building. The view always amazed her, no matter how many times she saw it, one wall of the lobby likely worth more than the rest of the city combined. Of course the old fogies who worked here would never admit to that. As she ran through the streets, her bare feet padding over the stone road and up the stairs to the main doors, the rain began to come down a bit harder, growing from a trickle to a heavy rain. Finally stopping on in the center of the square, she stared up at the large double doors and sighed, but she didn't go in. Instead she ran around back and found an small wooden door that was never locked. She slipped inside and was presented with the view of a tall spiral staircase.

Maiya made her way up and up, all the way to the top where she found a platform and another wooden door which was locked. She knocked a few times and waited...and waited. The door opened a crack and a sliver of a wrinkled leather face and a metal eye could be seen and a voice echoed in a chuckle that sounded almost like the man was choking on smoke."It's about time you got here. The last of the members are just about to arrive."

"Sorry Old Timer. I had a few customers that just wouldn't go away. Though that means they are starting pretty late so I guess I was lucky not to miss anything." she said as she pulled out a small bag and handed it too him. "Here is the stuff your ordered." she sold him as she began to cross the small room behind the clock face. "Ah, Thank'a kindly young one and why can't ya just call me Clyde? I'm not that old!" He called as he put away the bottles.

She stepped over to the trap door in the floor as he thanked her. She took the steps slowly and slid over to her normal spot. There was a small hole in the floor where she could look down over the council meeting and, thanks to the great acoustics of the room, she could hear every word. She listened coming in just as The Head Councilman signaled for attention and the room fell into silence.

"Welcome all. I'd like to thank you for attending today. Before we begin I would also like to raise attenuation to our young friend from Hevan, Archimedes Uchio, he will be taking over for Maximilian for the next few week. I hope we all will listen to his voice just as we would Maximilian's.

Archimedes raised his hand in a shy sort of wave as most all the members turned and gave a light bow of the head some even a slight smile out of kindness. “Next I'd like to move on directly to Amalia. All other matters on today's agenda shall be pushed back as necessary."

The opening words seemed to make sense to Archimedes but the look on everyone elses' face told him that it was out of the ordinary. Galfrade frowned, stiffening a bit, this wasn't a good sign. They never skipped straight to diplomatic reports. Nor was the serious look on the first seats face. He was normally a much more jolly man.

As the first seat sat down the mahogany doors opened as a tall and thin woman with black hair and fur, patterned with white, and soft highlights strode in with grace. She was dressed in long white gloves and a sequined purple dress. The detailed eye would have caught the sight of fine silver jewelry and a lack of shoes as a black bushy tail hung low.

Clyde came in and sat next to Maiya, moaning as his body fought him the whole way down. She couldn't see faces but she could tell by the councilman's voice that something bad was coming.

Amalia strode confidently up to the table standing just behind the first's Chair speaking in a gentle but unwavering tone. "Hello council. I'm afraid today will be the news we've all been hoping to avoid. Although I have tried to dissuade the Queen for this course of action, her mind has been set on war-"

The next words never made it out of her mouth as the room exploded with yelling, the first seat managed to settle the group though. "Please Amalia, go on. We need to hear all." The black fox sighed and nodded, "Thank you, Sir.” Taking a solid breath she continued. “The Queen has asked me to inform you that she will be..." The fox had to take her time, catching her voice again, "...signing a alliance with the halve-demons. They plan to attack in three days. I've... also heard word of her searching out the Temples of the Greater Spirits."

The room stayed silent as the black fox turned away, the soft sound of sobbing echoing from her. Glafrade could feel his own blood pressure rising, his heart beating faster, and knew his face had to be shock ridden. War was one thing. They knew how to fight wars. They fought for ten long and hard years, they were ready for hell to come. Even the halve demons could be countered, their Gun Casters had learned very special ways of dealing with demon kind. The Greater Spirits, however, they had been sealed away since long before his time. They had even managed to keep them that way during Chaos' reign. Things would become cataclysmic event if they were tampered with. The Drow didn't know what they were dealing with.

Galfrade stood slowly letting all eyes rest on him before he spoke, "My friends, we have survived before. We will survive this. We will combat this threat just like the last." He announced not feeling any of the confidence he was speaking with.

“And the Greater Spirits? Chaos hid away the crystals of old. We have no way to stop them!" Came the voice of one of the older council member

"We will find them, if we must. Prevention will be the better method of action though." Said another, agreeing with Galfrade.

More voices began to speak, the room was surprisingly calm though. Each seat speaking in turn.

Archie didn't know what to think. War? Already? The room burst into communication, all of which was filled with distaste. Chaos filled the room. Each member spoke in succession. One after the other. It was like a well oiled machine. Finally, Galfrade spoke. What he said, he had to agree with. When it was finally his turn to speak, Archie slowly stood but didn't start right away. With all eyes on him, his nerves were going crazy, but he would have to speak. "We have to confront this issue head on. Whether we attack or defend is meaningless. We just have to make sure we protect those Temples." With a bit of a pause, he added. "Haven will be prepared for war within two day minimum."

When the woman spoke, Maiya's heart sank. She trembled as a lump rose in the back of her throat and tears sprung to her eyes. War? Why? Her heart couldn't take another war, She just couldn't. What if she lost Galfrade? She couldn't think of that. She couldn't think at all."What is it girly? What's happenin?" Clyde asked her working to adjust his hearing device.

Maiya slowly sat up, just as the paladin began speaking. She had laid herself flat to the floor trying to hear better, all in vein. Shaken deeply by what she heard, Maiya didn't even notice when the ribbon around her neck caught on a loose nail and slipped through the gap in the boards. The light blue cloth dropped down between Galfrade and the fifth chairman, hitting the floor silently.

She looked up at the old man and swallowed hard forcing down the lump in her throat. "War...the Drows have declared war." they both sat in silence, tears streaking her face as quiet sobs shook her dainty body.

Galfrade took his time in the room as the council hashed out their plans. The young paladin had promised a war ready Hevan in two days. Airships would be dispatched to Raven's Nest, Port Natalia, and Hell's Prison. The Elves would be contacted shortly after, and would the Sprites. With a bit of luck Renmore would be war ready by the end of the week. Defense parties would be sent off to the four temple remains as well in hopes of preventing the demon's awaking. Independent parties would also be sent out to find the four crystals as a back up plan.

As Galfrade finial stood up and got ready to leave the fifth seat turned to him and handed him a blue ribbon, "Noble, I believe you dropped this."

"Oh, thank you Duran. Maiya must have tied it to my sword." She said taking it with a sinking heart

"She is such a cute, sweet little girl. Perhaps not telling her right away will be best." Said the man looking concerned

"Hm... I doubt that. She deals better when she knows up front." With that Galfrade started to leave, ribbon clutched in hand. Maiya must have peeked from above again. And with his luck she heard everything, or at least the most important parts. He sighed heavily before his eyes glanced Archie in his preferential. Maiya would be waiting at home, but the young man might need a pat on the back.

Archie sighed deeply. The stress of this new experience was finally over. And honestly, he had kind of enjoyed it. He held a position of power and with that, he made a decision. A decision that was obvious for a Paladin, but that didn't chance the fact that he made it. A smile small came to his lips. He hadn't felt his proud in a long time, possibly only being beaten by his admittance into the academy which practically saved his life. With a rub of the back of his head.

Within a short time, the room began to clear out. Archimedes watched as the politicians filed out just as they filed in. With a quick glance over to the other side of the room, he realized Galfrade was still here and much to his surprise, he gave him a compliment, and even knew his name. "Archimedes. That was your name, correct? You did well today."

A proud smile arose. "Thank you sir, that means a lot. And yes, that is my name." With that, he carefully adjusted his armor and looked back. "What does this mean then?" he asked him. "I mean... how practical is it that we even survive this attack? We aren't nearly as prepared or suited for this war as we were the last one." This was an honest question. He wasn't able to attend the last war due to young age and well, ignorance, but now that he understood it and he understood war tactics he could see this wasn't going to be an easy one to win.

Galfrades smiled faded a bit more as he mulled over Archie's questions, "It is hard to say. They have the numbers that we don't. Their Queen is also known for being abrasive at best. But our city is impenetrable, and Hevan wont fall to numbers alone. As for everyone else, well, we'll figure something out. Keeping the animals and monsters back will be the main thing. If there not just a ploy to distract us, that is."

Galfrade lead them out of the room, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword. A nervous habit that the last war trained into him. Just what could be done, what could he do? The crystals would need to be found, if nothing else they could be used as weapons. He had seen the power of the fire crystal, a sea of beasts were washed in flames in seconds. If the other crystals were even remotely the same in power they would be powerful devices to victory. But they couldn't send anyone worth while, just in case it turned out to be a lost cause.

As the two men left the large building, Archimedes rested his hand on the hilt of his sword. It was something that he was always taught in the academy as a way of always being prepared, or as well as he could be in an emergency situation. It gave him the ability to wield his sword as soon as possible to buy him enough time to grab his shield that rested on his back. At that same moment, Archie looked over at the councilman Galfrade and noticed he was doing the same. Archie raised an eyebrow, interesting.

"I do believe that this city, as well as Haven, will be able to hold their own. The defenses of this city cannot be matched and the Paladins, trying not to be prideful, are the most powerful soldier in existence." He rubbed the back of his head. "But what I am worried about are the other cities. The cities of the elves and beasts. And what of these temples? Why are they so important?" The more he questioned, the more he knew and the more he could inform his legion. With this knowledge, he may even be put in a leadership role as he was today, but one a little more in his element.

Galfrade led Achrie through the town heading to his own shop while they spoke, glancing up once in a while at the dark sky. Rain,` the ground was already damp from the earlier falling, of course it would rain. He sighed a bit before looking over to answer Archie, "Heh. Most powerful in the world my dear boy? That might be pushing it. As for the other cities, I'm hoping the most powerful soldiers in the world can help deal with that." Galfrade flashed a soft smirk at that. He was teasing a bit, but it was also the best option if possible.

"As for the temples. Long ago, a man named Garland made a pact with the four greatest Demons to ever live. He would receive their combined power and they would be released to wreak the havoc they love. The four mighty crystals were gathered and used to combat the Greater Spirits. They were impossible to kill, so they were locked away, each with in their own temple. These are the four temples we spoke of. The man named Garland became Chaos. He too, was locked away, until twenty years ago. The rest of the story you know." Galfrade sighed deeply as the rain began to fall. The story was an old one, and use to be nothing more that bed time tale for children. Now it would be horror story that filled ever man with fright.

The man sighed as if he was older than his years. The next few years were going to be long, "Well, I'd suggest you get back to Hevan quick as possible. Every hour they have may be the hour we need. Archie, do you have a airship back to Hevan, or will you need a ride?"

Archimedes stayed quiet, while Galfrade spoke of the temples and fiends. It was an incredible story as well as an important one. It was one that was essential to the survival of the world as it was today. This was one of those stories that he had to know and understand this one. For the sake of Haven, for the sake of Avalon.
What Galfrade said was true. He needed to get back as soon as possible. The Paladin's were quick to ready and were always prepared when the call was made, but the call needed to be made. Maybe if it was soon enough, they would be able to send reinforcements to another city or even one of these temples.

"My ride needed to attend another matter. A ride would be highly appreciated councilman if you know a pilot heading in that direction." he said in a formal way.

After a few minutes of thought Galfrade spoke up again, decided "Well as for that ride, I believe I'll be able to get you one as long as you don't mind me tagging along." Archie was more than willing to allow him to tag along. "By all means, its a pleasure. It would be nice to have a second mind to help figure things out in Haven. That is, if I'm given a leadership position." He said with a bit of a shrug. He said leading him further through the heart of the town as the streets cleared. Archie was glad for the offer, but now the sword matter was getting to his head. There had to be something about this man that he didn't quite know. "Excuse me if I am intruding, but I noticed that you are holding your sword as an experienced soldier would. Why is that?"

Archie's next question took him a bit by surprise, he hadn't realized he had been holding the blade at his side for the ready, "Ha, well my dear boy, I too was once your age you know." Galfrade just chuckled a bit as they finally reached the shop, "And here we are. My home and shop. Do come in, I'll have Maiya prepare some tea and grab a few towels." He knew she would back home by now, he had even done his best to give her a little extra time. With luck she didn't hear to much about the meeting. The door was unlocked as expected. She was home. He smiled a bit and entered to a large knight in dark demonic armor towering over a toweling off Maiya. It was a bit shocking of a scene, but she seemed calm, perhaps a costumer? Archie, however, let his grip on his sword tighten as he stared at the dark knight with conviction. With a deep, displeased sigh. "What are you doing here Half-Demon..."

Dust flew up behind the knight as metal feet struggled for hold against the desert sands. With the enemy close behind, speed wasn't going to be enough to make it too the city. These poor creatures would have to be slaughtered. Stopping, letting them surround, the blood knight sighed as it looked over the forgotten men and women. Many had been left to wander the desert after the last war. The survived at first by living off the plants that survived the wasteland. That was a mistake. It wasn't long before many learned that the fluids inside the plants cause the slow decay of brain matter and hallucinations. These people were obviously too far gone.

Once they surrounded the knight they attacked at once leaving no room to dodge or run. The demon's claws gleamed as they swiped through the air, knocking them back, slicing a few open. Once the knight drew their sword, it was over.

The gates of Avalon were reached with little strength left. The group of wanders had been large and the demon knight had been traveling the desert too long without rest. This however was important. The information brought needed to get to the council. “Halt!” Shouted a gruff male voice. The knight looked up, spotting a guard upon the gate. “State your business!”

“I am a traveler.” The knight said, the voice shockingly soft had obviously startled the guard. She pulled back her helm glad she looked far less demonic than most halflings. “I have come to visit an old friend.” She lied smiling slightly. She hated doing things this way but she knew she was in no shape for a fight.

“I-I see.” The guard stammering before beginning to open the gates. Sighing she stepped through up to the desk were the man handed her some paperwork. “Oh, this inferior registrations. Can I not please come back to this?” She asked leaning over the desk, her eyes deep, even hungry. “I mean I've only come to bring news of family.”

“I'm sorry Miss-” He paused. “Karina.” She filled in for him. “Karina.” He repeated forcing his eyes away from her gaze. “I really must insist.” He continued. “Aw, what a shame. I was hoping to come back later this evening. Once my business was done I would have had a bit more free time.” She pouted, taking the pen out f his fingers gently. “W-well, if you're i-in that much of a hurry I suppose it couldn't hurt. I'll be off in a few hours so you'll need to come right back here.” He insisted.

She could see the sweat rising around the collar of his armor and it was all she could do not to laugh at the absurd man. Instead he eyes light up ant she pecked his cheek. “Thank you so much!” With that she dropped the pen, slid the helm back on and stepped out into the bustling street that was the Great Walled City of Avalon. After a moment to take in the sight of the crowded bazaar before her Karina started forward heading down the main lane, hoping to get to the council meeting in time. Pulling a beaten white cloak from her satchel, she draped it over her shoulders hoping to hide most of her armor from the stares of the townsfolk. Pulling the hood up over her helm she pushed on forcing her way through the over filled street.

Just like that it began to rain. After so long in the desert heat the sudden cool in the air felt wonderful. As the rain grew heavy people made their way towards cover pushing and shoving. Karina, enjoying it, stopped to let several people push by her letting herself rest until she felt someone knock against her.

Maiya had left Clyde's in tears. Slowly she wandered the city, dragging her feet. She never looked up from the ground as the rain began, slowly at first. People ran for the cover of shops and houses, but she never considered it. She needed to think, needed to breath, her chest felt as though it had collapsed in on itself. Why was this happening? She already lost two parents in a war, and if there was to be a battle, Galfrade was sure to go, almost certain to leave her behind. She'd be alone again. Maiya hated the idea of being alone. She wrapped her arms around herself trembling in silent sobs as she marched on absentmindedly. Suddenly she hit something that felt like a wall, knocking her back down onto the road.

"Ow!" she cried out rubbing her butt as she looked up, and up, and up, over the woman before her. She stood there in black lustrous armor hidden under a large piece of beaten cloth wrapped around her. As she looked into the girl's face She was in aw. She'd never seen a half demon before so her facial structure was an oddity to her. She was a bit speechless as she stood up, feeling dwarfed in comparison.

“Excuse me girl. I'm in a kind of rush.” Karina said hurriedly brushing past the small beasial as she pushed on, about to disappear into the crowd again. Maiya just stared for a moment. Reaching out she let her curious fingers reach for the chest plate of the shining black metal and her eyes lit up. She had seen demon relics before but this was in unimaginable condition. 'This is so cool!' she thought before the knight brushed past her about to leave. Maiya felt her heart sink back into her guts before she spoke "Well the council meeting ended about ten minutes ago in the main building at the center of the city if that is what you are rushing for.” She said watching as the knight stopped turning to face her.

'Of course.' Karin a thought, exasperated. “Do you know anywhere I may find a council member whom would be willing to listen to what I have to say?” She asked the child, doubting a useful answer. “Well the Paladin from Haven was walking out with Galfrade the last I saw. If you wish I could take you to where they are sure to be heading. You can speak to Galfrade and the Paladin when they arrive home." she offered politely.

“I'm not sure whom Galfrade is but if the Pallidin is willing to listen, please take me to him.” Karina agreed. Maiya giggled taking Karina's hand and leading her down a side street of the city. "Galfrade is Galfrade silly. He is the fifth seat of the council and he takes care of me. He found me trying to steal from him after the war and brought me home. He owns the magic shop this'a'way." she said in a light, chipper tone.

Karina was a bit shocked when the small girl took hold of her. Most avoided her presence let alone contact, unless they were trying to kill her that was. Having someone to talk to always cheered Mai up so continuing on in her light tone she began asking questions. "So tell me, what is your name? I'm Maiya, I'm a beastial, are you a beast person? I've never seen a beastial like you, why do you where that armor? Are you getting ready for the war with the drow too? But you didn't find the council meeting so there is no way you could have known it was happening yet could you?" she said rambling on and on barely giving Karina time to answer anything as she made her way through the rain soaked streets. “May name is Karina. I am no beastial and I do know of the Drow, that is why I am here.” She finally got the answers out once the small girl had stopped to breath for a moment.

Soon they came to the shop entrance. Maiya pulled the key out of her pocket, unlocking the door, just as the weather began taking a rain for the worst. "Don't worry the rain never lasts long here, it'll probably clear up by evening." she said as she ran off to grab a couple of towels and running back, handing her one before starting to rub her own fur dry.

“How disappointing. I was actually enjoying the cooler weather.” Karina said, pulling off her cloak and helm beginning to towel off her hair. Maiya watched as Galfrade came up to the door. She leaped up smiling, dropping the towel and jaunting over to him happily but the Palidin was being rude. She spotted the hand of his that had moved to his hilt. Before anyone else could move she grabbed a small staff which was in an umbrella holder by the door and smacked it across his knuckles. "None of that! If you're not going to behave leave! Karina here is a guest. He missed the council meeting and she has come all this way to talk to you so no being mean Mr. Shiny-Pants!" she said glaring up at him, waving the staff at him the whole time.

Karina had turned to watch the two men come in and sputter choking back laughter as the white knight was scolded by the small girl. Galfrade stopped mid-thought as Maiya started her commotion. A smirk wrapped around his face that just couldn't be held back. He couldn't help the light snicker as he held back the rest of his laughter. He notice for the first time that the knight before him was a woman, not even a full woman, if she was a halfling she was maybe eighteen at most, his guess ranged a few years younger.

Archie's mind swam. How could they possibly be nice to this beast? she was the enemy, literally. The Half-Demons allied with the Drow. This was a problem and this woman was a part of it whether she wanted to be or not. Her position on the matter of course was a personal matter, but a Paladin had to be safe. A Paladin needed to be prepared for any situation and this woman in Archimedes's eyes was the opponent until she proved herself to be on their side. However, with the way that the two others were treating him, Archie felt he had to loosen a little bit.

His train of thought was suddenly disturbed by a quick pain that ran across his hand. 'What the hell?' He thought to himself as he quickly withdrew his hand in reaction. The girl hit his hand with an umbrella? She then started to go on about guests. To be fair, he was a guest here too... or at least he hoped he was. She had a lot of spunk whoever she was which he assumed was Galfrade's friend of some sort. Wait... did she just call him "Shiny-Pants"?!

A few seconds later he put his right hand on Archie's shoulder as if to calm him before looking at Maiya directly, "Now Maiya, I've told you not to assault out customers. Please go put on a pot of tea for our guest, perhaps you could grab a few towels first though." He smiled a bit softly at the girl. It was hard to be mad at the child. That and he obviously had more important matters at hand than dispelling her.

Maiya nodded, hugging Galfrade's waist before she had run to the back disappearing in search of more towels. He turned to the dark knight with a welcoming smile, his left hand was still on the hilt of his sword but that was mostly out of habit. If the halve demon desired to turn ugly or if Archie acted a bit to fast his sword arm was still quick as a whip. If not, hot tea would hit the spot after all the bad news and cold rain.

"I'm Galfrade Noble. Fifth seat of the council. If you have information that is beneficial to us I'd more than happy to hear it. But please, if you don't mind, perhaps we can sit down in the back first, cool our heads.” Karina bowed her head slightly. “Of course, though the news is most dire indeed.” Maiya returned then handing towels to Archie and Galfrade. “Maiya, please show our guest to the back. I'm going to lock up." His voice was calm and gentle, but it flowed with a sense of power. He was giving orders not suggestions.

When he asked her to lead them to the back and she instantly took Karina's hand again, tugging her into the kitchen area and their small dining table. She leaped up onto the counter to reach the top shelf and pull down the tea leaves and four tea balls.

As Karina and Archimedes took their seats he saw a need to make one thing clear. "I don't trust you Half-Demon and I won't until you prove yourself otherwise. This has nothing to do with our differences." Archie had to be blunt. He felt he had to to explain the way he was acting. However, this woman said she had somethings that she knew and was willing to inform them. She couldn't be that bad then right? Depends on the information of course. A light, reluctant sigh escaped his lips as the tea was offered and was gone to get made. Archie had to trust Galfrade and he seemed to be comfortable with this demon... that didn't mean he had to however.

Venom seeped in the woman's voice and glare. “Of course you don't knight! You're too blind to think for yourself and you believe everything fed to you by your 'Geart Holy Order.' Bah!” She spat back the words, an obvious loathing seething inside her. Before the words could escalate however a crashing noise took their attention.

Maiya had jumped back down onto the floor, light footed as could be. However when she turned to get the kettle she tripped over a leg of one of the empty chairs. "Ow......." she moaned before getting back up and putting the water on the eye. She pulled out four mismatched mugs and began measuring out the tea leaves. "How much cream and sugar in each?" she asked Karina and The paladin already having memorized Galfrade's order.

Galfrade sighed lightly as he watched the tension between the two grow as they all sat down, people didn't like Half-Demons to start with. Paladin's liked them even less. Even Galfrade himself was a bit reluctant around them, but what people tended to forget was that they were half human or beastman. They had hearts, souls, and the full range of emotion. They had the choice to choose what to be. He had taught Maiya that, everyone had the choice to be who they wanted. Good or bad. In simple, he taught her to see people, not race. It was something he had to remind himself of, perhaps a lesson to tell Archie later as well.

He then had to look over at Maiya as she slipped on a chair leg, normally he would have shook his head an chuckled, but now was business. The Dark Knight had information, and as the young woman had said, he would like to know it.

"Nothing extra in mine. Thank you." Archimedes said in a polite tone. “A bit weak with lot of honey, please.” replied Karina. Maiya finished Galfrade's, plenty of cream and honey, strong chamomile. She took the mug to him setting it at his place before going back and working on the rest. She made Katina's cup about a quarter honey, slightly weaker so the sweet sense was heightened, keeping her water a bit cooler so it wouldn't steep as much. Then she went to work on the paladin's. She had been letting it steep since she started, making the water hotter, made it stronger so he'd have the full flavor of the tea. She gently set the mug in font of him, her eyes watching the sword at his waist. She quickly backed away before going to her own cup of....tea? She had boiled just enough milk for a cup, filling half her mug with honey and steeping her tea leaves in the milk instead of using water. She sat in her chair next to Galfrade and began sipping at her hot tea-flavored sweet milk, listening carefully.
Within a little bit, Maiya brought out the tea. Archie could tell that Maiya felt a little uneasy around him which in a way was a bit ironic, but also understandable. Whether or not he would admit it, he was a bit hostile and she had all the right to be uneasy. With that, Archie took a long tip of it. Archimedes closed his eyes gently and a smile grew on his face as the warm liquid ran down his throat and seemed to warm his entire body as well as mellowed out his mood. It was a good remedy to the current situation.

Once they were all seated Karina sighed knowing now was the time to speak. Without invitation she began. “There is a treaty in the making between the Half Demons and the Drow. All of the full demons whom remain are refusing part in it as they have nothing more to gain from the Drow, seeing as they already share room board and 'entertainment.' Once signed The queen is not using as on the front lines. She wants us to begin searching for the crystals. Her plan is to re summon Chaos to Renmore. I have seen the map she has given my people. I know where the shrines to purify the crystals can be found.”

Galfrade waited until Karina was finished speaking and sighed heavily, "So, it is true. I had hoped they only used the treat as a ploy. Now it'll be more imperative than ever to stop them. It also means that gathering the four crystals is more important than ever as well, in case we fail in prevention." the man looked older than his years as he took a sip form the mug put before him. He had already known this to be true, but now there was no deny it. "Archimedes, I believe we will be leaving for Hevan by later today if at all possible. Karina, you said you wish to help, yes? When we depart you can come along as my guest. The Grand Master of Haven will be ecstatic to know the location of the fiend's temples."

The Paladin Archimedes listened carefully to what the half-demon had to say. Even though he didn't like it. He felt the strongest desire to rebuke whatever he said telling him that he was wrong in his thinking or his logic but he couldn't. This man, Ken knew what he was talking about or from what Archie knew, he assumed he was. If what he said was indeed true, things would work a little differently than he originally thought. Defense on the cities themselves would be less important now that the temple's locations were known. As Galfrade started to speak once again, Archie kept his mouth shut until, suddenly, Galfrade spoke words which upset Archimedes.

She's coming with us? To Haven? The Paladin Capital! Whether or not this Half-Demon Karina was on our side or not, there would definitely be some kind of hostility to her just by sight as Archie regrettably was to him. "With all due respect Galfrade, Karina, but is it wise for her to come with us? Taking Karina to Haven would surely bring about an incredible amount of hostility." He said in a calm tone trying to be as helping as possible without sounding like he was against the whole idea. He definitely understood it, it just seemed hard to implement. Galfrade nodded to Archimedes comment, "There will be. But our friend can ether go in un-armored or you can both trust me." He smiled a bit at the end. Archie was right on the hostility bit. The higher up would be more trusting, but the general city would be in a up roar. Then again, as halve demons went Karina looked to be on the heavily on the human side of the line. With out the armor she could pass for human, a bit gruff maybe, but no one would say a word to just gruffness.

In the worse case, he would leave her on the ship until he could talk to the Grand Master and Mother Madeen. They would help him sort things out. That or he would just drag them up on the ship to talk to her. Ether way he would make things work. He would also find out about getting a team together to go crystal hunting. He was to old to fight on the front lines anymore, but he could lead a adventure for the crystals.

Galfrade took a deep breath and another sip of his tea, "Maiya, I have a job for you dear. I need you to go and inform Clyde and Sam of what has happened. Ask them to prepare a ship soon as possible. Also, put on leggings before you out, I don't need you catching the death. Give them my best. Archimedes, Karina, I would take the next few hours to prepare if I were you." He smiled a bit at the end and took another sip. Things were going to get fun

Maiya had downed her sweet cream in one gulp, leaving a ring of white around her lips. She took her mug to the sink and was rinsing it when he mentioned going to Samantha's. "I get to go see SAMMY?!" she cried happily as she began for the door before he stopped her. Leggings...."Awww....Galfrade..." she whined as she stomped up the stairs to her room. She quickly threw on leggings and was about to leave when something came to her mind. He would never let her come with him on this one...He'd want to leave her here....She teared up a bit as she grabbed her bag and shoved a few things in it. "That's not going to happen." she told herself as she left, taking off full force down the wet streets, the rain already letting up. She made her way down the back allies towards the junk yard knowing the way all too well. Deciding as she climbed into the airship's hold that she was not being left behind. She would never be alone again if she had any will left.

Back
Top Bottom