Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not from Around here (with lil-banshee)

mike85ad

Supernova
He looks behind him as he runs through the woods. He was on the run having just escaped from a top secret government facility. He was born on this planet and raised here inside the lab he had just escaped from. He wanted to be free, not trapped like some animal. His grandparents had crashed in New Mexico back in the 40s, along with his parents and were quickly captured. The humans didn't hurt his family, but they had to keep them a secret. They learned most of the current technology from them and kept them in a facility. They lived pretty comfortably and eventually his parents produced an offspring. The scientist experimented and mixed his DNA with human DNA, which resulted in him looking more human than alien, in his true form at least. Right now he had shifted in a human form so he wouldn't draw attention to himself. His human form was tall and athletic looking, with short black hair and naturally bright blue eyes.

His parents had died years ago and he didn't want to be stuck in the lab without them there. He didn't have anything against the people that kept him there, it was all he knew. But he had watched TV and learned about the outside world and it looked amazing. They let him out for fresh air once a day, mainly at night. So when they let him out tonight he made a break for it. He hoped to get away, but he had no idea where he was heading. He had a pretty good lead on the guys chasing him. He runs up a hill and hops over a guard rail and runs out into the road. He notices a light coming towards him and turns to face it. His head tilts to the side slightly before realizing what was coming at him.

"Shit." He says before the car hits him and he rolls over the hood and off the back of the car with a loud thud. He lays there on the asphalt unconscious.

Eva Vinkovic hated driving down this road at night. Not only was it is a curvy road, but it was completely secluded and dark. It made her nervous, afraid that something will pop out at any moment.

She took in a deep breath, telling herself that there was no need to be so paranoid, and decided to put on some music to calm her nerves. She plugged in her MP3, fiddling with it with one hand while trying to steer with her other. Scrolling through her playlist, she selected a song she felt was appropriate before looking up.

"AH--" Her scream was cut off as she realized too late that there was something in the road, and they promptly went over the roof of her car.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" She hastily slammed on the breaks and jumped out of her car, cursing and praying all at the same time as she ran to whatever it was that she had hit. "Shit! Oh my god, please be okay! I'm so sorry!" She panicked as she knelt beside the man. He didn't seem to be dead (she may be new to being a nurse, but she could tell that much at least).

He groans and slowly begins to sit up. "That fucking hurt." He mumbles before looking over at the car. He looks up at her. "I'm okay...I think." He says as he tries to get to his feet. He was a little disoriented and sore as hell but he'd be okay. He glances back at the woods remembering the people that were after him.

"I should of looked where I was going" He says. "I'm sorry about your...car." He says. He could feel blood running down his face. That was a strange feeling he thought to himself. He wasn't used to this kind of pain. He had to keep moving...maybe this human could be of assistance he thought to himself.

"Could you possibly give me a ride?" He asks.

Wow, he just sat right up after being hit by a car. Eva blinked and helped him stand, putting an arm around him.
"Don't worry about the car, guy! Worry about your head! You're bleeding! I'll give you a ride to the hospital, just sit tight." Eva said as she helped him to the passenger side of her idling car.

"I don't need to go to the hospital...I'm fine." He says as he sits down inside her car. "I'm fine I promise." He says looking at her. He couldn't go to the hospital, he'd be captured for sure if he did. He watches her and puts his hand over the wound and concentrates, healing himself. It was risky but he couldn't go to the hospital. He looks over waiting for her to get into the car.

"Bullshit! You were just hit by a car! There's no way I'm NOT taking you to the hospital! As a nurse, I can't just ignore the fact that you're in pain." Eva ranted as she rounded the car and got in. She buckled her seat belt before turning to him, giving him a curious look. "Wait." She leaned over and gently brushed his hair out of the way. "There's no wound. But...you were bleeding.."

"It was just a scratch...it looks worse than what it was. I don't need to go to the hospital." He says. "They'll find me there." He says looking towards the woods. He could see the flash lights in the distance. "Look...I can't explain right now. But please...get me out of here." He says. "There's these guys coming after me and they want to put me back in the room...and I can't go back. I won't go back." He says.

She knew head wounds bled a lot, but this was ridiculous. Eva's curious expression turned into concern. "What, are you an escaped convict or something?" Now she was worried. Was this guy dangerous?

He shakes his head. "No...I promise you I won't hurt you. I just need to get away from here. I'll explain everything once we're safe." he says looking at her. "Please drive." He says seeing the flash lights get closer. Shit he thought to himself, trying not to freak out.

Eva watched him for a moment before taking in a deep breath and finally turning towards the road and driving away from the flashlights behind them. "Okay. We're moving now. So are you going to tell me what the hell is going on? Or at least give me your name?"

He looks at her and starts to give her his real name but he figured it would be too complicated to explain and besides humans couldn't pronounce some of the sounds in his name. "My name is Mike." He says giving him the name that the scientist had gave him, a much, much shorter version of his real name. "I'm not from around here...well...my family isn't from around here. I was born and raised in a secret lab about a mile and a half from here." he says.

"Alright, Mike." Eva nodded slowly. "Born in a secret lab?" She looked confused. Oh, no. This guy is crazy, and he escaped from an insane asylum, probably. "Sure." She decided to play along, lest she upset him and things turned violent. "Secret labs. That happens all the time."

He looks at her. "I'm not crazy...I know that's what your thinking. I'm not. My grandparents crash landed in Roswell New Mexico back in the 40s." He says. "My parents were on the ship and lived here until a few years ago when they died." He says softly. "I know this seems like I'm a complete nutcase...but once we're somewhere safe I'll show you that I'm not lying." He says.

'Oh, god, he's going to kill me, isn't he,'

"Sure. Uhm...so...do you have any ideas as to where we are going? Do you have some sort of rendezvous point set up somewhere?"

"No...I don't have anyone. All my family are either dead or light years away." He says softly. He figured they were far enough away to pull over for a minute. "Pull over." He says motioning towards the side of the road. "I'll show you what I am." He says. It was a long shot but he'd trust her.

Eva's heart was beating hard in her chest. "Look, please don't kill me. I'm sorry I hit you with my car, but I swear I didn't mean to. I'll let you go and I promise I won't ever tell anybody I saw you." She pleaded, close to tears.

He looks at her. "I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to show you something. Please...pull over." he says looking at her. "I promise I won't hurt you." He says.

Against her better judgement, Eva pulls the car over by the side of the road. She took in a deep breath and turned to look at him. "Okay....what is it...?"

He slowly gets out of the car and motions for her to follow him. He steps away from the car and closes his eyes. His body begins to glow, it was dim yellow light. His body slowly changes into his natural form. His body retained the same shape, but his skin turned to a dull green and his eyes became slightly bigger and his mouth became smaller.

Eva followed and watched in silent amazement as he changed. Once he was all done, looking at her with large eyes, she only managed a small chuckle before she fell backwards and promptly fainted.

He looks at her and tilts his head. "Well that wasn't expected." He says as he transforms back into his human form. He moves over to her and kneels down beside her. He lifts her head and strokes her cheek. "Hey...earth girl...wake up." He says. "Hello....it's not time to sleep." He says.

"Mmnn." Eva makes a small noise as she wakes up, slowly. She looks up at him with groggy brown eyes. "Hm? I just had the strangest dream that you were an alien..."

"I am." He says softly. "Don't be afraid...I won't hurt you." He says softly. He strokes her cheek. "Now you see why I'm running?" He asks.

Eva tensed, but relaxed again when he stroked her cheek. She nodded slowly. "I'll help you. Let's get back to my house." She stood up and motioned for him to follow. I can give you food and shelter, at least. Assuming you can eat human food. Uhm....I'm Eva, by the way." She smiled, nervously.

He smiles at her. "Very sweet of you." He says as he gets into the car with her. "I won't stay long. I just have to figure out where I'll go." He says looking at her. He didn't want to over stay his welcome.

Back
Top Bottom