Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hate that I love you (Freestylechamp x Lorelai Dannehur)

Jay Just finish packing his things away into his dorm and exhale a sigh of relief. His thick but toned six foot frame fell backwards towards his bed giving off a squeak in his room. He had his trophies and ribbons for High school basketball and soccer on display to give the walls some pop instead of posters. The only picture he had was a picture of his senor team after winning nationals. He looked around proud of his accolades but to offence to others calling him a jock. Jocks aren’t meat heads that are only good at handling balls, no pun intended. He was able to pass his classes without teachers “Assistances” on work. Jay was a smart kid coming to this top university on academic scholarship. He had other offers but this place was different. They were innovative with their teaching methods allow co-ed dorm rooms and even gave him the free roam to do whatever major he wanted while playing basketball.

Jay opened his eyes hearing a knock on the door. “That must be my roomie,” he said to himself going to the door he wore a casual light blue polo and some Levi blue jeans with white and powder blue Jordan’s. Opening the door the first thing he noticed about her was red hair. Burning red and she was a little on the tall side being almost able to see eye to eye. “Hey, I’m Jay it’s nice to meet you.” He said with a warm smile ushering her to come into their decent side dorm room. Two separate beds rooms, a living room attach to the kitchen and a small balcony with one bathroom. As she walked in her bags and boxes in the hall way he went over to help her carry some of her things to her room.

Jay was very much a people person and people loved him too. He was fun to be around and hang out with as he was able to read body language well and knew what to say when to say it. He also was quite the ladies man but it wasn’t like he was a player though he did have somewhat of a reputation. It wasn’t like he cheated on the girls he was with he respected every relationship but they just got to be boring after a while. Never taking an interest in things that he lived for like going out just to work out, listening to songs that wasn’t about love, playing video games to unwind. They would break up and he would just move on going as far as leaving the states. He has left a trail as his parents where always moving as he was younger he never really got a chance to be in a place and settle down.

He finished putting the boxes in her room while stealing glances at her. She was while cute with her glasses and green eyes. Her round butt and modest breast he was going to like being here alright. “Your room and be on the right next to bathroom and I already unpacked on the left.”

Lorelai beamed a wide grin in thanks at Jay's helping her move her bags and boxes to the unoccupied room on the right. "That's very nice of you, thanks alot." When she caught him checking her out, Lorelai raised an eyebrow as she added, "Want some friendly advice? Please don't look me over like that. I find it disconcerting and also a bit rude." With her stated opinion out of the way, Lorelai's sunny smile once again spread across her features as she offered Jay a friendly hand to shake. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Lorelai Dannehur, but you can call me Lore if you like." As Lorelai started to unpack, she tried to keep the conversation going by shyly asking, "Um...so what are your hobbies? What are some of your interests? I'm into writing and hope to finish my own fantasy novel one day. One of the reasons why I'm here." While she spoke, Lorelai started unpacking a small box that contained video games for the Xbox 360 she'd brought with her. It seemed they were mostly RPG based: three Fable games, two Elder Scrolls games, a couple of Naruto titles, four games based on the Harry Potter movies, and one labeled Eternal Sonata made up the small stack. Underneath was her portable gaming system containing her Xbox 360 with a screen built right into the inside lid of the case, so she didn't even need a TV. Once her gaming console and the stack of games had been put on top of a storage cabinet with her 3DS carrying case next to them, she set about tossing bags of clothes in the closet to hang up later when she didn't have company.

Lorelai had been referred to as a rich nerd back in school. Her parents both had good paying jobs so they could afford to give their daughter a weekly allowance which Lorelai usually spent on books, electronics, or the latest RPG game that caught her interest. Though some found her to be an annoying know-it-all who seemed to effortlessly make good grades, her friends recognized her as friendly and outgoing who tried her best to get along with everyone when given the chance. To those who decided to dislike her, Lorelai was known to have a bit of a sarcastic grouchy attitude. Lorelai enjoyed sports to a degree, but mainly saw playing soccer in the park as a way to have fun and spend time with friends after school. She never went out for any teams unless playing in a marching band counted as a sport. Lorelai was certain it didn't. On occasion she played casual golf or went fishing as she found both pastimes therapeutic and relaxing. Lorelai wasn't really the competitive type and hoped to find a good place to play casual soccer or toss around a frisbee now that she was in college.

Jay nodded as he wanted to get good points for help her out. It was nice to start off on the right foot when you going to be living with someone for your time here. Still there was something about her the red hair look really familiar but he couldn’t place it. “You caught me, sorry. But you are pretty so can you really blame me for looking?” He said with a smiled as he finishing with the boxes and shaking her hand. “Similar interest I also write a little bit of everything, mostly song writing but I dabble in a little bit of everything.” He said getting the box cutter from his room and coming over to open up her boxes to be somewhat of a help.

The Xbox was a surprise; he smirked as he had himself a gamer girl. Not much of games that he wanted to play with all the RPG seemed too long to be glued to a TV for his opinion but the fact that she had games was at least a step in the right direction, “360? And yet no Halo I’m disappointed that a 360 can be played without halo which made Xbox able to at least put up a fight with the better ps3, so sad.” He said poking fun at her games. In his room his ps3 was already hooked up with sports, fighting, and shooting. Competition is what he searched for and he learned tricks and tip on how to get good and beat others. He had top rankings in shooters and fighting games. Sport games were just during his down time where he could create himself and play for professional teams. Those where his so-called RPG, as he knew he wasn’t going to get their but it was nice to pretend.

“Well now that is out of the way I will let you settle in and I’ll call for a pizza, is there anything you want to put on it. Just to let you know I would like a complete pizza so that means cheese and tomato sauce. We don’t want incompletes like your Xbox.” He said poking fun at her game consoles “I’m just playing with you; It’s nice to know I have a gamer here with me.” He said but going to the kitchen and ordering pizza

Lorelai smirked and rolled her eyes as she replied, "Alright I accept your apology, but I don't know where you were looking. My eyes are up here." Lorelai pointed to her glasses for emphasis with a light grin on her face to show she was joking. Lorelai perked up in interest as she asked, "Oh, you're a song writer? That's pretty cool, what genre of music do you write for?" She kept getting a funny feeling of de ja vu when she looked at Jay, but as far as she knew, she couldn't recall ever seeing him before.

The feeling kept nagging at her until Jay mentioned her 360. His mentioning Halo earned Jay a laugh from her as she explained, "The only shooting game I ever played was a James Bond back when one of my brothers had a Nintendo 64 until he grew bored with it and sold it. I was so awful at that game, I suppose I must have been hilarious to watch. It had a multiplayer mode and for some reason I always chose one of the bad guys just to give my brother and his friends someone to shoot at I suppose. I can't tell you how many times I must have blown myself up with my own mines I'd meant for my opponents simply out of forgetfulness of where I'd put them. My brothers never got into Halo and it looks like one of those games there's not really much of a point to unless you play it with someone else. I've watched others play it, but I mainly enjoyed listening to their commentary in accordance with what was happening on the screen since I couldn't really tell what was going on half the time. Very entertaining to watch, but there's a reason I don't play competitive games. That's because I dismally stink at them so bad, I'm positive anyone playing with me would be driven completely nuts at my incompetence." Lorelai chuckled merrily at her description as she didn't mind poking fun at herself when she felt the occasion called for it.

Lorelai brightened at the prospect of pizza and eagerly replied, "Oh yes, please. If you like, I don't mind contributing and paying for my half." Due to his only mentioning one pizza, Lorelai deduced Jay was planning on ordering a large so they could split it. She gave a sheepish grin as she confessed, "I do like mostly everything on pizza, except for pepperoni. Think they can leave it off my half? I just find it way too salty, plus...my stomach doesn't really like it all that much." As she spoke, Lorelai noticed an open small box of stuffed animals she'd brought with her that she couldn't bear to leave behind and out of embarrassment at potentially being caught with it, she tried discreetly kicking it under her bed while Jay was busy ordering pizza.

“Those are some pretty green eyes by the way,” he said getting closer look at her eyes. He still couldn’t place it but he remembered seeing that hair before. “I write all kind of song, mostly Indie, and R&B stuff is what I do well but I can write to anything.” He said smirking proud of what he could do. “I would mind reading some of your stories though if you don’t mind. You know what they say having a fresh pair of eyes will be able to spot the things that the writer overlooks.”

As she talked about James Bond and goldeneye, one of his favorites on N64 with Mario Kart and Mario Party, he laughed about hearing her be so bad at it. He was in the kitchen calling for a pizza “ You seem more of a laid back person to be playing shooters, but anyone can get better it just takes some practice you know.” He ordered the pizza to put a lot of meat and stuff on his half and left out the pepperoni on her side of the pizza.

He went back into her room and saw her pushing something down underneath her bed. “You still have toys with you? Aww that so cute.” He said and saw stuff animals, Just then a light bulb, he seen these stuffed animals before. He remembered one of his friends had a sister that use to loved stuff animals. It was on the tip of his tongue and he could figure out who she was that was driving him crazy. “I know I’m going to sound crazy but I know I met you before somewhere. I don’t know where though, but I remember you.” He said trying to see if she remembered him at all. She had brothers so many that where he met her before.

Lorelai smiled at Jay's complimenting her eyes while her face turned a light shade of pink. "Thanks, my family has a bit of Irish and Scottish lineage mixed in with Welsh, a touch of Native American, and...French, I think? On my mom's side of the family, I have an Irish grandmother and Scottish grandfather. My grandmother Alice on my dad's side had a little Native American blood, though I don't remember much about her. She lived about eight hours away so we didn't get to visit very often. Grampa Max died shortly after I was born so I never got a chance to know him, which is a shame from all the stories I've heard about him. He's left behind quite a few Louis L'Amour-inspired oil paintings of the old west." Lorelai was known to be very talkative once she became acquainted with someone who didn't mind her chatter. She gave Jay an apologetic smile as she replied to his tastes in music, "Sorry, I guess I must have been living under a rock since I haven't heard of Indie or R&B. Are they modern rock bands? And thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid I don't really have any stories to even read at the moment. Just some character sketches and a few ideas for scenes. I have the beginning plot somewhat mapped out, but nothing to fill in the blanks yet. I'm hoping to do a trilogy with the second book mostly focused on my character Ben the bumbling wizard's apprentice. I really want to do something original and unorthodox like have Ben fall in love with a princess who winds up being turned into a dragon by the court adviser before she's driven off. Meanwhile the adviser takes over the throne in the princess's absence ad it's up to Ben to help the princess find a way to break the spell before assisting her in reclaiming her throne. Something along those lines, anyway."

Lorelai grinned at Jay's pretty much saying she didn't seem like the type to enjoy shooter games and replied, "Well that's because when I'm playing with friends, I know it's all in good fun. It's not like any of us are planning on going out and shooting actual people. I find multiplayer shooter games to be an interesting virtual version of tag, except the main rule is the last one left standing is the winner. Can't say I'm a big fan of single-player games that solely focus on shooting though. You definitely won't see me playing any of those, but I do like racing games. Before my brother Thomas sold his Nintendo 64, I remember one of the games he rented for it once was called Mario Kart. I really enjoyed it even though at first I kept getting lost until I learned my way around the tracks and I never really got the timing down when to use the items I acquired to my advantage. That was the most unusual racing game I ever played, which is probably why I remember it over all the others. I think that's also another reason why it was so much fun to play. Soon as it came out for the Nintendo DS I pounced on it, but I have to admit it's kinda boring just playing against the computer instead of an actual person. I'm not exactly competitive, but I do find it more fun playing a game with someone else rather than by myself."

Caught in the act of trying to hide her box under her bed, Lorelai gave a guilty start as her face turned the same shade of red as her hair. She gave her stuffed Appa sky bison an accusatory stare as he was the reason her box wouldn't go under her bed with him sticking out over the edge. She awkwardly rubbed the back of her head in embarrassment and gave a shy smile as she explained, "What can I say? I'm sentimental. I've got some good memories attached to this stuff and a couple of them were graduation gifts my brothers gave me. Would've been rude of me not to bring them, right?" The two graduation gifts in question were in fact her new Appa bison her brother Charlie had given her knowing how much Lorelai liked the cartoon of Avatar the Last Airbender, plus her brother Thomas had put in a Snoopy doll wearing a graduation cap and robes along with a green shirt patterned with tropical leaves, tan shorts, sunglasses, and sandals. Lorelai secretly found her graduation Snoopy to be amusing since he reminded her of how one of her high school classmates usually dressed. Other treasured items inside the box included a Madeleine doll that had been a Christmas present from her mother back when Lorelai was in elementary school along with several other small toys Lorelai could recall having in her possession as far back as the age of four. Fozzie Bear and her Fraggle Rock doll had been gifts from her goofy uncle Ben. A velveteen rabbit, a bear she'd once given the name Brownie, and a small rabbit with yellow button eyes and a red body with tiny colorful flowers sprinkled across it that had been made for her by her Grandmother Alice were all presents from vaguely remembered Christmases from years past. Since the embarrassing secret had been revealed that Lorelai still had a soft spot for dolls and stuffed animals, she set to unpacking her box and neatly put her childhood friends on display by putting two or three on every available surface she had: the bed, book shelves, the desk, and a couple of shelves up on the wall were more than enough room for the small reminders of home Lorelai had brought with her. She paused in unpacking her laptop at Jay's insistence on meeting her somewhere before and blinked in surprise. "You too? Wow...so I'm not the only one, that's got to be more than a coincidence right? I'm getting the same vibe from you, I keep feeling like I should know you from somewhere but...for the life of me, I can't remember where I could have seen you before." Lorelai's expression was apologetic as she added, "Terribly sorry, I'm afraid I'm awful with remembering names and faces unless I see them on a regular basis. Did you by any chance know any of my brothers? Thomas is the oldest and used to own the Nintendo 64 I told you about before he decided to sell it to one of his buddies. Let's see...then we have the twins William and Wallace, my brother Ian came after them, and my brother Charlie's a year older than me." Trying to be helpful Lorelai asked, "Do any of them ring a bell?"

Jay covered himself for not trying to laugh. He could tell that she was getting more comfortable around sharing so much about herself. He wasn’t going to get into his host of problems that talking about his family with bring. His father wasn’t around trying to be a rapper. His mother sort of pushed him on everyone else that was willing to raise him. He spent a lot of time with his grandparents, until his grandfather passed away. After that he just bounced around living with aunts, uncles, cousins, along the way he managed to end up living with his friend’s family before getting into college. From that experience he didn’t keep in touch with his father, they never had a bond that he could walk in now and he wouldn’t know who he was. As for his mom they have sort of patched things up. They aren’t on the best of terms but they both got a lot of their chest and out in the open. “That’s some family history right there,” he said as she talked about her grandfather’s painting. “Yes, clearly you been under a rock, Alterative or punk, or was it death metal that you were living under.” He said about her living under a rock. He didn’t really listen to rock, he didn’t mind it but most of the time in rock music it will turn to screamo whenever he got through one or two songs.

Going through the whole idea of her idea, it was a lot to take in. He heard something about a wizard falling love or something like that. He held his hands out to try and stop her. “Whoa, whoa, slow down. That is a lot to take in for something that is drawn out. We can talk about it more when you have a plan in place.” Scratching the back of his head which he tended to do when he felt he was getting overwhelmed and was happy to change the subject to something else but unfortunately it went back to family. He was just glad it was about hers.

He remember the names and then hit the palm of his hand with his fist calling out his old nickname for Lore, "Poor Sporty! Oh man I never thought I would have seen you in college after you would run to Thomas all the time crying about how I would cheat." How he remembered them was during his childhood he would be over their house a lot. Much more then his own, and use to play with the boys all the time. Lore was the only girl in a house with nothing but boys but wanted to it and be part of the group. She was much more tomboyish back then but her parents loved him and he was was like another part of the family. One time he got into wrestling and played it outside. Lore was pick to try and fight him and he guess he was a little too rough with her as get got up and kicked him hard before crying to Thomas, who was always the leader of the group. From then on he tried to be nicer to her but she wanted to be treated as equal. No matter what they did he would come beat her at it and then she would get mad and go talk to Thomas about it. He couldn't help but laugh and he was about to talking about it but by this time the pizza man came with the food.

Lorelai laughed in amusement as she replied, "Wow, I didn't even notice I made a pun until you said that. Um... none of those, actually. I'm more into classic rock myself. At least, I think the Beatles, Monkees, and Elvis Presley fall into that category, and those are only a few of my favorites that I can think of from the top of my head. I also like the Corries who play traditional songs and music from Scotland." Lorelai gave a rueful smile as she added, I got a lot of teasing back in school for enjoying old music that was probably playing when my parents were born, but I just can't seem to find a niche I like in all this modern stuff. It's too loud and does a number on my eardrums, plus it makes me feel on edge which I don't like at all. What music do you like?"

Lorelai gave a start and blinked in astonished recognition at the nickname and impulsively responded with one of her own she'd constantly used to try and annoy him back when they were kids. "Jay-Jay? Wow, can't believe how much time has passed. I remember you now. We all got so used to you spending time over at our house, it was like having another brother around. Mom even set a place for you at the table just in case you popped in unexpectedly to eat with us." Lorelai grinned and shook her head. "Wow, wait until my folks hear we're in college together, they'll be thrilled to hear from you again! We all missed you when you moved and wondered how you were doing."
Lorelai blushed and awkwardly played with a strand of her hair at Jay's memories of her. She gave a small smile as she replied, "Well, times change. I'm no longer that kid who used to follow you boys everywhere and cried at the drop of a hat. I think...over time, once I realized I could go off and play on my own without my brothers, I slowly became more independent. As lame as it might sound, I believe spending some time alone helped me figure out what I wanted and to discover my own interests instead of constantly trying to keep up with my brothers all the time." Lorelai was distracted by the pizza arriving. "Ah, food glorious food! I'm starved. If you want, I don't mind splitting the cost 50/50."

his father he was his father son. Music has been a big part of life. He seems to find comfort in it, and writing songs kind of eases his mind and took himself out of the real world to a place that he can guide and control. Looking at Lore again she certainly has grown, in a lot of ways. He did miss her family though they always welcomed him with open arms although he couldn’t really say that much went he would go back home.

“Well, you don’t have to worry too much I met Charlie again like two weeks ago at a restaurant. He said that me leaving was like saying good bye to another sibling. I missed you guys a lot.” He said getting plates and cups to have for the drinks. “Don’t sweat it; it’s not every day I get to treat my sister out to a meal. So tell me what happen with you on your journey to college when did you start looking like….well that. Last time I saw you, you had on a baseball cap a messy shirt and shorts. Everyone was crying and you go and kick me in the leg saying boy aren’t supposed to cry.”

The last day he took everyone that he was moving away his mom waited in the car as he went into their house. Their mom cried and hugged him and the brothers crying hugged him soon he was crying not wanting to go. She comes into the room with stuffed animal in hand; she walks over to him as he starts to cry and kicks him in the leg. He hurt but she told him that boy don’t cry about leaving, she had her hat cover some of her face but he figure she was her way for him to be strong. He sucks it up and started arguing about he was glad to not see her again and he wouldn’t miss her even though he wanted to. It was childish and her family started to laugh at them. “Man it has been years,” he said getting a slice of pizza

Lorelai's eyes lit up as Jay mentioned her brother. "Oh, you've seen Charlie? How is he? We've hardly heard a peep out of him since he opened his own restaurant last month. I hope that means things are just hectic right now and he's doing well. Considering how much work he put into opening his own business, I really hope he's not struggling." Lorelai grinned as she fondly recalled, "Remember when we were kids Charlie always enjoyed experimenting with mixing and matching different flavors? He even came up with his own bean dip once. I feel Charlie's found his calling." Lorelai excitedly exclaimed, "Who knew he'd open his own restaurant one day? I'm really happy for him." Lorelai's expression became glum for a moment as she remembered the day Jay had to move. "Yeah...we all hated to see you go." She gave a sheepish smile as she confessed, "Me included, even though I wouldn't admit it at the time." Lorelai winced at Jay's reminding her of kicking him in the leg. "Ah, I'm really sorry about that. It was so long ago, I honestly don't know what drove me to do that." Lorelai suspected it might've had something to do with the fact that she was just as upset as everyone else at Jay's leaving and badly vented her frustration by taking it out on Jay. She couldn't bring herself to admit her theory, as she found it embarrassing to confess she'd let her emotions get the best of her. Her cheeks flushed red as she remembered her own comeback to Jay's stating he was glad he wouldn't be seeing her again. Her head snapped up as she'd glared at him from under the brim of her baseball cap and had pettily snapped, "Fine, then! I wasn't gonna miss you anyway!" Her words and her actions were completely contradictory as her baseball cap had been hiding the fact she'd been dangerously close to tears herself, but she'd tried to hide it by bolting to her room after her parting comment and had slammed the door as hard as she could.

At Jay's calling her his sister Lorelai grinned and joked, "Awww, I didn't know we were that close. Seemed we used to drive eachother bonkers as kids, but then I could say the same for all my brothers at some point or another. Typical sibling rivalry, I guess." She laughed at his description of the last outfit he'd seen her wear and compared it to her more current attire. Lorelai's taste in clothes had certainly changed over the years as at the moment she was wearing a soft brown fake suede jacket over a dark green t-shirt with beading at the neck, blue levi jeans, a matching blue cloth headband to keep her hair back, and white sneakers. Lorelai grinned and explained, "I didn't really develop any interest in my appearance or how I looked to others until I hit the age of twelve. Then for a while I was obsessed with t-shirts. I still have a handful of shirts with things like favorite movies such as Harry Potter or my favorite musicals on them, but in comparison to how many I got rid of that I don't wear anymore, it's a small number. Lately I've found I really like rich earthy colors. You know, different shades of green, brown, and blue. Red is good too, it's just a shame most of my favorite colors aren't available until the fall season. Just year before last, I FINALLY found a shampoo and conditioner that really calms the frizz in my hair so I no longer have to be mistaken for Professor Trelawney from the third Harry Potter movie." Lorelai was glad Jay hadn't been there to see her Loony Toons phase or walking around with Cat-Dog or Scooby-Doo on her shirts.

As they sat down to eat, Lorelai took a slice of her own pizza half and eagerly stated, "Man, pizza supreme's one of the best pizzas out there." In between bites of pizza Lorelai did her best to fill Jay in on what he'd missed since the ten years he'd been gone. "Let's see...I dabbled in a bunch of hobbies: drawing and cross-stitching are fun, but I'm not very good at either of those. Sometimes I found summer programs to get involved in like helping with the local nature preserve which was fun. I made some good friends that way, we still keep in touch thanks to the internet. When I finally got interested in learning to ride a bike, sometimes my brothers and I would race eachother around an empty clearing in the park during the summer and on weekends. My brothers Ian and Charlie convinced me to join the school marching band when I entered seventh grade as they felt it was something fun we could all do together, so I learned to play the flute. I think I really got into books once I discovered the fantasy and science-fiction section. Sometimes Charlie, Ian and I would hang out together reading their shared collection of Goosebumps books and comics. Mom and Dad got me interested in some of the classics and adventure stories they enjoyed reading when they were kids, so my range of interests in literature spreads across several categories now. Um...I stumbled across anime when I was given Kiki's Delivery Service for my birthday one year. Didn't really like the Pokemon anime, but I did eventually find Inuyasha, Naruto, Fruits Basket, and One Piece." Lorelai went on to explain that after anime she found manga. Thanks to her brother Thomas, she'd been interested in video games since the age of six but it took her a while to discover RPGs were more her style than competitive simulation games with little to no plot. She still enjoyed playing shooter and racing games whenever the chance arose, but RPGs were her favorites, especially Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, and Legend of Zelda. Lorelai gave a brief description of some of the sports she liked to play for fun such as soccer, badminton, and tennis. She told Jay her brothers were all doing very well. Not only did Charlie recently open his own restaurant, Thomas was working for a big company developing video games, William and Wallace were making good money as a professional welding team, and Ian had really gotten into computers. Ian put together and refurbished computers to sell, and was also on call for repairs or to help customers with any technical difficulties. Lorelai reluctantly admitted that apparently she was the only one left in her family who hadn't found her place in the world yet and explained, "I hope to be a professional writer one day, but in the meantime I need to find a job to pay for food at least. It's great that my parents want to put me through college, but I really want to be able to stand on my own once I graduate."

After finishing a couple of slices of her pizza, Lorelai started on another slice as she started reluctantly mentioning some of her annoying quirks. "Since we're sharing the same dorm, I think it's only fair you know some of my habits that might be found...a little tedious after a while. It takes me close to an hour in the shower every morning to get any tangles out of my hair then proceed to wash and condition it. So if you happen to be quicker than me, I think you should go first so I don't slow you down. Sometimes I get so into a video game I'm playing, I've been known to yell insults at characters on the TV screen I'm controlling, especially if it's a repeated attempt to defeat a particularly difficult boss level. And...I don't know if you remember this, but sometimes I tend to read aloud in order to help myself better understand what I'm trying to read. I had to do that several times with the Silmarillion by Tolkien." Lorelai's face flushed as she recalled more than one occasion when Jay had barged into her room and caught her reading aloud to an audience of stuffed animals and dolls.

Jay nods his head, “he’s doing good, the place was pack and he happen to have a girl help him out serving as he was in the back doing what he does.” Jay sighed as he recalled Charlie and his cooking skills. “I remember that he was terrible at cooking in the beginning, but we was always hungry to leave it to the kid that always wanted food to figure his way into the kitchen one way or another.” He laugh thinking back Charlie was active he had to be or he was going to turn into fat pudgy kid and their family wasn’t having that but somehow some way Charlie would be the snack king, though Jay find out not all of his snacks were “tasty,” but he would always mix stuff and find a way to eat it. He could see Charile face now when they went to a restaurant and had the fountain drinks on the OUTSIDE for you to make your own. He was so happy you could smack the smile off his face. “It was sad for me too, but I’m kind of glad that you made me mad instead of sad. I didn’t want to think about it, so it kind of felt like normal to me.” Thinking about how he felt at the time. They would argue every time he was there so to leave without that would make it seem incomplete. Reality would have set in that this would be the last time he could come over to their house until he was old enough to drive back that is if they even lived in the same house with Charlie said they did but you don’t think about it when you in the moment.

“You never had that rivalry with Thomas though; you seem to always like him. I was wondering with you had a crush on him when I was there.” Joking he remembered Thomas making an effort for him and Lore getting together for some reason. Weather it was playing or riding out somewhere, even at dinner he would kind of push them closer together. Listening to her choices of fashion his fashion sense kicked in a lot later really when he was around 16 and even now he doesn’t like to dress up. He would much rather put on a graphic t-shirt and jeans and call it a day. The most thought he would put in his clothes is really his shoes. He spent a lot of money on his shoes and his workout clothes. Once he left he got into sports heavy. Never wanting to go home, he spent lots of time working out in school gyms and playing until it was time for him to leave. Because of that he had to make sure that he shoes and underclothes can work out in it which can get expensive: copper fitted, dry fit, heat wear that is just getting to in at the start of high school. Thankfully he was in a better situation at high school he was then staying with a friend and his family who had a large family anyway; they took a liking to him and saw to it that he could stay as long as he wanted.

Jay nods his head in between bites while listening to the last ten years that he has missed in her life “Wait how can you like the Pokémon games but not like anime that came with it? Two sides of the same coin my dear, I never liked the ending to Inuyasha but that was cool, but I like the Naruto manga it's really getting good.” he said as he talk about some of his interest “I got into sports more when left, I played basketball, football, baseball, soccer, and track in middle school. Once I got into high school they told me that I needed to pick 2 at the most and I brought it down to three Basketball, football, and Track. Track and Field was one of the one I didn’t really like but when I was there with all the people I met in middle school so there was that. For hobbies I did when I wasn’t training or hanging out, was writing. I use to write in a journal after I left and I just kept it up. From middle school I did a little bit of chorus, and sung, but once I got to high school I quit but I continued to write songs with the people I met from middle school. Man, I kept in touch with a lot of them now and some of them got into this college with me. I was giving a chance to get in here on athletics scholarship but I turned that down, believing that I could make it on my academics and sure enough I got in on a academics scholarship, and had the school to work with me to get in pretty much free as long as I do well in both class and the field.”

He laughed a little at her little quirks “I made not look like it but I have experience a lot in my life. So your quirks aren’t a problem to me, though I do remember you reading out loud when we were little.” He didn’t remember what happen he came into her room as she was reading to her animals but he remember having talks about Charlie about it, and remember the time she got her first “young adult” novel when have a graphic scene in it and she was so wrapped up the got half way before realizing what she was saying and the blush on her face. It made him wonder if she would get caught up in a sex scene would she read that out loud. “Umm for me, some of the things I do is walk around half sleep in the morning so if you’re up before me and you don’t want company lock the door because I don’t think really well in the morning. I eat a LOT so that’s is where most of my money is going if you don’t want me to eat what you are saving I would suggest to put a name on it or something because I calling the frig and anything that doesn’t have a name on it is up for grabs.” He said eating most of the pizza.

After eating he got a phone call and answered it, one of his friends said that the RA was having a welcoming party for the freshman in the building. He asked if he already met his roommate and he told him he had, and told him that they should all meet up. “Hey one of my friends here said that they are having a welcoming party for freshmen, do you want to come?” he said throwing the trash away from the pizza. He was excited to get out and meet some new people. He wonder if she would come with them.

Back
Top Bottom