Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Bombshell Babes HairLikeAutumnxRuka_san713

Alessandra "Rocket" Giotti stood outside Victory Munitions, taking a quick drag off a coworkers papers. She inhaled deeply as a smile covered her face. The joke was funny, but the air was bitter outside. Winter sucked in the cities. Cheap rent meant low heat unless you caused a big enough racket, which you were usually too cold to do, so you suffered. The same frigid circle of irony.
"Move it Charlotte, you're blocking the wind for me," the hazel eyed beauty said to a larger brunette who simply swatted her and moved to accompany her need. A wide smile scrunched her eyes into slits when she laughed. Her bright red hair fell to one side, curled up under itself and twisted in all directions. With only bits of hair sticking out from beneath her hat, she looked something like a wild fox or a small firecracker. She was her own character. Her quick fingers lit another paper filled with tobacco both to keep her warm and satisfy her cravings.
Fuck it was freexing, she thought to herself. We early morning us routes worth the extra time waiting outside anymore? She didn't know, but she did know she would be out there the very next day waiting in the same damn spot, wondering the same damn question all over again. Her Italian leather handbag hung neatly in the crook of her arm. It was the last gift her parents had given her that she hadn't pawned for money. Italian leather never seemed to go out of style, but she couldn't part with it. Inside was a tin of mints, matches and a few cigarettes. A dollar fifty-three lay in the bottom in change.

Audrey Higbie stepped off of the street car in front of Victory Munitions, into the frigid December air. Bloody hell, she thought to herself; Its cold in Coventry, but not this cold. She pulled the hand knitted scarf tighter around her ears to keep out the wind. She shuffled to the factory gates and waited in line to show the guard her identification. She was grateful for the line because the women waiting with her blocked the chill from engulfing her. Audrey reached into her bag with gloved hands and pulled out her identification card. I hope they let me in, she thought, looking down at the English royal seal. She had all of security papers, but with the war going on, security has tightened. The line shortened, and it was Audrey's turn; She held up her card and smiled, Her auburn hair falling out from under her thick winter hat. The guard looked at the card then back at her, then back at the card and studied it. Oh bollocks! I'm done for... In a gruff voice the guard told her to go in, and to give her papers to the Factory Matron. She thanked him and shoved all her things into her bag. First day of work, of real work, and its at a bomb factory. Who would have thought that?

"Oh, I think you fancied more than his looks there- Ellen. His wallet was pretty fat and by morning it was begging for food it was so thin!" The girls around Rocket laughed, but she shot Ellen a glance of good nature and fun. Ellen returned the gesture with a playful wink.
Shoving her card back into her purse next to her tin of mints, Alessandra shuffled to her locker to remove her clothing. She was cold that morning and most of her good clothes were saved for nights out with the girls. She needed to get to a fabric store and fast if she didn't want the girls to know of her struggles. Her sweater worn and thin, she wore two and pulled them over her head as quick as she could. Folding it neatly, she settled it atop her skirt and placed them neatly upon the shelf, next to her favorite brown felt hat. It matched the pea green jacket she wore all the time that nestled nearly just over her hips. She was poor, that's for sure but she dressed well enough to hide it.
Suddenly, a green scarf caught her eye coming around the corner. Auburn hair accompanying the green very nicely. A new face. "Hey girl," called the luscious lips of Alessandra, Rocket, Giotti.

Walking into the factory was quite an experience. The first thing that Audrey noticed was the reek of the chemicals; The fumes from the amatol hit her like a ton of bricks. She looked into what looked like warehouse, it was filled with several assembly lines making different parts of the bombs. She could see, what she assumed was the earlier shift working hard. She wondered which station she would be working at, or if they rotated. All of this was very new to her, as it probably was to most of the women working at the factory. She took her eyes off the women carefully assembling the bombs and followed the mass of coworkers. Audrey turned to corner into the woman's dressing room, taking off her thick hat and shaking out her long, auburn locks. She stood at an empty locker and started to take off her scarf and coat when she heard some one call out. Out of instinct, she turned to the source of the sound; a woman, in nothing but her skives. Aubrey blushed and looked down, taking her eyes off the woman standing no more then 15 feet away. "Um, Hello there," She said softly, her accent shining through. She was hoping that she could get through the day without getting noticed, but alas, no luck there.

Alessandra pulled her hair over her shoulders and tied it off with a simple piece of string as the girl before her spoke meekly. She stretched a light pink lacquered nail towards the girl in a handshake. Her fingers warm and still soft due to the lotion her mother sent monthly and insisted she use at night so long as she were to continue working in the factory...
"It's a pleasure to see a new face," she said with a smile. "I'm Alessandra, everyone here calls me Rocket," she said with a playful wink. "You can call me whatever suits your fancy," she added while reaching for her coveralls.
"Would you stop making nice with the new girl, Rocket; we have work to do!" a voice spoke sternly from somewhere behind her. The redhead winked at her again before showing her nails to the shift matron next to another young girl.
When their shift began, Alessandra was only one girl away from the pretty little thing with auburn hair. "Hey, again," she said softly as she watched her walk out of the line to be replaced by Bonnie, a short girl with bright yellow hair. She watched, a little too carefully as she was walked through the lines, being instructed on each careful step. The poor girl was hearing all the details about how one small mistake could blow the whole factory and all the pretty curls and jackass men to the moon.

Audrey followed the shift matron around the factory floor, trying to absorb all of the new information. As she trailed behind, clutching her security papers to her chest, Audrey watched everyone working carefully. They passed one station where the Redhead from earlier was working. Audrey saw her turn and heard her say hello. She smiled and waved before catching up to her guide. There were several stations that were being described in great detail, it was hard to take it all in. At the end of the tour, Audrey was led up into the office where she handed over her papers, that ended up getting all mangled. "I'm so sorry about those," she said quietly as the shift matron, Mrs. Lanston, looked them over. "I have a nervous habit of fiddling."
"You have nothing to be nervous about dear. All of your papers seem to be in order, I will send them off in the morning. And if you're worried about the factory work, there is no need." She lead Aubrey to the office window that looked down on the whole factory floor. "I've set you up with Ms. Giotti," She points to the redhead, "Everyone here calls her Rocket, shes one of our best workers." She turned back to Audrey, "She is the best person to help you, if you just follow her lead, you are sure to do fine here." Mrs. Lanston brought Audrey back down to factory floor for the last 5 minutes of the shift. "Just watch for a little bit, and tomorrow, I'll put you on the line with Rocket."
Audrey watched all the women, but Rocket in particular, She watched as she worked so effortlessly. I'm glad that I get to be paired with someone like that, she thought to herself. The shift bell rang and all the women filed back into the dressing room. Audrey found the end of the line and followed everyone down the long hallway tho change.

Alessandra waited until the new face reappeared in the locker room. She was very pretty, she had to admit, even if it was to no one but her own self. She waved to as she drew nearer. Unwrapping the blue head-piece from her bright red hair, she spoke as she straightened her curls as bit, glancing in the mirror on her locker.
"Hey, how the first day on the job?" she asked her, reaching for her brown cotton button-up. She slid it across her creamy arms, adjusting the collar in the mirror. "Not too scary in there, yet, huh?" She smirked and tossed her a wink with an eye she had just freshly dolled-up with mascara and eyeliner. "We're all goin' out tonight, seein' how it's our only night off. You wanna' join us?" she asked, turning back to the mirror to finish off her other eye. "We dance, have a few drinks, rowdy a few fella's and then call it a night. Whatta' ya' say?" she asked again, even though she never really gave her time to answer in the first place. Pulling her matching skirt up over her smooth thighs, she buttoned it to the side and stood there. It took her a moment to realize she'd talked so fast she hadn't really given the girl a chance to speak. "Wow, one for the books there Rocket," she said with a deep blush. She scratched her cheek to hide the crimson on her cheeks. "I mean, if you want to..."

Back
Top Bottom