Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

One Piece: The Other Crew (Sign-Up sheet)

MysteriousD

Star Fudge
Good evening everyone! The name is MysteriousD here. I am a huge fan of One Piece and I have been wanting to do an RP of one with people for a while. So for those pirate fans who love fantasy, fun, conspiracy and so on, we have this RP. Now, there will be a couple of rules of course, but otherwise, we'll all have some fun.

One rule is regarding roles. I'd like to have these filled out as much as we can.

Captain: (My chracter)
First Mate:
Navigator:
Sniper:
Chef:
Doctor:
Scholar/Archelogist:
Shipwright:
Musician:

As for fighting styles, we have things like weapons, martial arts and so on. But be creative! A sniper? Use bow/arrow! Or boomerangs! Let's use some of the obscure things and have some fun.

Second rule is about Devil Fruits. We're operating at the same time as the Straw Hats to the distribution is the same. This means we cannot use the canon Devil Fruits. Devil Fruits used in filler episodes are acceptable and there are of course our own. Also, no starting out with Logia. You gotta prove yourself and then you can get one at around... what would be Thriller Bark or Shabondy at earliest.

Third, regarding some of the existing martial arts like Rokushiki and such, just be able to legimately justify why they know that, like explain it in the history. If I find it okay, no problem.

How many people do I want... well, at least 5 and no more than 10. Be sure you can post diligently though. Consistency is key here.

Interested? Let me know!

Hello MysteriousD, I'm surprised nobody has replied to your request! One Piece is popular, so it's a bit strange. It's nice to see a role play where the GM asks people to retain the manga's quirkiness. I'd love to participate, but am a bit rusty with facts. Summer classes have kept me busy. I'm rereading a few arcs, so if I write something that is inaccurate, please correct me. Are you going to start at the beginning of the manga and build a crew, or somewhere in the middle? An early arc would give people a chance to refresh their minds (like myself).

I created a One Piece OC for another role play a few months back, but never used her. Hopefully she'll work for this one.

Elodie said:
Pic_4.png

Name: Hamisaki Mikiko
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 120 pounds
Home Town: Mock Town (currently travels around)
Weapon: Poison tipped sushi knives and a marinade injector (used like a hypodermic needle).

Personality: Mikiko is a very outspoken girl who has a tendency to get into trouble because she loves to speak her mind, mainly by telling people off. She is rash and quick to draw a knife if she feels there is a need. While it may seem contradictory for a pirate, Mikiko isn’t overly fascinated or concerned with fine metals or jewels. However, she'll occasionally request metals to conduct experiments (namely copper for distilling). She will “exchange” weird items for stolen goods. As a child, she left someone a voodoo doll in exchange for bread. She tampers with chemicals, and loves to test new solutions… sometimes on other people. Be careful if you piss her off, she will poison your food. Her biggest pet peeve is “backseat cooks.” Never use salt before tasting your dish; she will throw it into the ocean claiming, “More intelligent creatures deserve my work.”

History: Growing up in Mock Town, she interacted with many pirates, and is seldom scared by anything. Her mother was a pub owner, and was known for “entertaining” her guests. Due to the mother’s promiscuous attitude, Mikiko is one of nine children. She is indifferent towards her family, and refers to them and other people by using numbers. There is no rhyme or reason to the number she picks (she has a sibling 567). She dislikes Mock Town, and left as soon as possible. She sets out as a pirate to find old science journals. It seems as though she is looking for specific ones.

Strengths:
-She can make medications and poisons (as well as some questionable substances). However, she can’t diagnose people or treat major wounds, so a doctor is still needed.
-She is quick, and efficient with knives.
-Her cooking is excellent, and she can make alcoholic drinks from scratch due to her meddling in chemistry.

Weaknesses:
-She is rash, and doesn’t think situations all the way through if upset.
-She isn’t the strongest person around.
-She isn’t the best public speaker, and can unknowingly piss people off (by giving them voodoo dolls… for example).

If we keep this thread active, it could draw more people's attention. Plus, interest checks are perfect for fleshing out ideas. I'm thinking it might help if you list anything you're looking for in partners. For instance, do you typically write one paragraph each post, or three? Also, where will this story begin in the One Piece timeline? Will we start off as a crew? Are non-human characters allowed to join (think about Chopper and Brook)? These questions should help people grasp a better understanding of the RP.

I am Interested but do not have the time to binge through One PEice atm to get caught up on the facts sadly or i would join

If more interest was garner I would gladly place a stronger interest, especially as I am up to date with the manga with a deep seeded interest in the series. If conditions improve maybe I'll check. More things like timeline and whatnot would be intriguing to hear nonetheless

I have interest as the doctor, or even the musician with the character I have in mind.

Back
Top Bottom