Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gradius and nightsorceress

Grady arrived in his normal clothing, instead of his black robe and hood. He wore a black jacket with a long sleeved white shirt. "Well, I couldn't refuse an offer to dinner, Miss Aurora." He looked around the house and nodded a bit, "Looks like you've refurnished the place. He walks inside and sits down at the couch again.

He couldn't get his eyes off her beautiful dress, but controlled himself and waited for the dinner.

"Well I am glad you came" she closed the door and then went to get drinks she got a bottle of wine and two glass she walked over him and poured the wine she gave him a glass. "Dinner just be a little longer"

He took the bottle of wine and looked at it. He wasn't sure if it was even a sin to drink, but he wanted to indulge himself and take a sip. It was delicious, so he finished the whole glass and poured himself another, and slowed down on the drinking to keep himself from being drunk. He was only a bit drowsy from the wine, but that wasn't enough to faze him.

Aurora smiled when he drank the wine she was glad to see him loosen up "dinner should be ready" she got up and went to the kitchen. She took duck from the oven and began to carve it. Once carved she got the potatoes out as well she then plated everything and set the table once he was seated she smiled at him "I hope you enjoy it"

Grady looked over at the food, his mouth watered as the smell of it emanated from the plate. "Thank you for the meal. He starts eating the duck, and only after 10 minutes or so, he finishes up and places the plate and the utensils back down. He drank his wine again, but this time, finished it all.

He looked over at Aurora to see how she was doing.

"How long have you lived in town?" She asked as she tried to make conversation wanting to get to know him better. She saw he finished his meal and she smiled. "Would you like some more."

Grady was already full, and didn't really want any more of the food, so he held out both his hands and said, "I'm good, I think I'm full for today." He then thought back at the previous question about how long he had lived in the town.

"I came to this town about a few months ago, I had been transferred from my old church back at Pennsylvania. To be honest, I am glad to have moved out here because of the beautiful landscape, and to escape some of my old demons in the past." He looked away after and stood up from his chair, looking at the front door. "I'm sorry, I've said too much."

When he said he was full she started to clean up the table the whole time listening to what he said she stopped and smiled softly. "We all have demons in our past, what makes everyone different is how the deal them, I know I do not let the demons of my past consume me, and it sounds like you are trying to do they same." She smiled once again and then went back to cleaning up. Once she was done she brought out some brandy and some sweets "I can I offer you a night cap before you make the walk back to town."

Grady gave a genuine look of intrigue at the offer. "I've never tried Brandy before, might as well do something I haven't done." He sits back down into his chair at the dinner table and places his elbows onto the table, carelessly ignoring his manners by accident. He looks very nervous, as his shoulders are tense and his heart-rate was increasing, since he never drank alcohol before.

She smiled and got two glasses and then poured some into each glass. She gave a glass to him "sip it slowly." She then took a sip and smiled. "My father use to enjoy a glass before he went to bed for the evening, once I was old enough he started the tradition with me, however once he passed away I just kind of stop it wasn't the same to drink alone."

Grady held is glass of brandy up and toasted, "To your father." He takes a sip from it and lets out a 'blegh' from his breath, sucking in some air to subside the bitter taste of the brandy. "This drink is strong.. and quite bitter.." He placed the cup down onto the table after finishing it, and was a bit woozy, but still lucid enough to talk.

Aurora smiled at his toast and then took a sip of the brandy. At his reaction she giggled "zit can take some getting use to but here" she slid the plate of sweets over to him "these will help. So tell me now that you have spent some time with me am I as evil as people say I am?"

Grady scoffed as he exchanged looks with her. "Meh, I still don't- hic... know.." He looks down at the plate of sweets and grabs only one, eating it slowly. The sweets only helped him become more lucid and out of his 'drunk' state. He shakes his head to keep himself awake, and looks back at Aurora for a reply.

Aurora shook your head "I think you know, I just think the thoughts of the town are still weighing heavy in your mind so your afraid of your own thoughts" she then stood up clearing the glasses away "I think you should stay here tonight your in no shape to be walking back to town. I have an extra bedroom"

Seeing as that Grady literally was in no shape to make his way back to town, he sat down on the couch and slouched. "If you insist.. thank you."

Instead of going to sleep in the extra bedroom, he unwillingly drones away to sleep on the couch.

Back
Top Bottom