Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Scientist and Student (MakeupedZombie & Malfrost)

Makeupedzombie

Planetoid

Clicking my new car keys to lock on my blue BMW, I breathed the air of the university parking lot. Yes it was a parking lot, however it was the University of South Carolina. My high heels tapped in a perfect upbeat tempo against the college side walk. Brand new bag under arm, brand new car, brand new job and brand new heels!

My mind flickered to when I was sitting writing a paper on bio-diversity and the additional effects of non-toxic chemical waste. I had almost flung the papers up when the phone rang, oh how it gave me such a fright... "Are you looking forward to having a positive new start to the academic year, Professor Val-Johnson?"
"Oh! My!" My heart leaped, expecting to be called out before I even entered the building.
The older man had greying white hair, with a proud southern moustache to go with it. "I'm sorry to have startled you ma'am. I'm Stuart Wadsworth." He offered, bowing slightly in respect with a nice friendly smile on his face. "However, I must say that it is an absolute pleasure to be working along side someone so known in their field. I myself have read a few of your papers, even as a Chemist I must say your work on non-toxic substance influences with eco-systems is a one of a kind!" With that we walked into the building together, chatting away about the coming day and what our lecturers were about today. The gentleman was fascinating. I could only hope my class would be as eager to listen to me as Wadsworth. I very much doubted they would be...which teenager or young adult wants to sit and take notes on a beautiful day like this? Ones that studied to get into uni, that's what ones, I mentally corrected.

Today was going to be the start of my life and career and it could only go up from here with so much support and respect from my fellow employees.​

Back
Top Bottom