Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

FYI: Chrome users

Trygon

Supernova
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="https://chrome.google.com/extensions?hl=en-US">https://chrome.google.com/extensions?hl=en-US</a><!-- m -->

And Bookmark Sync, linked to Google accounts.

Chrome is now the best browser available. Hands down.

I like it well enough, I just hate that a bunch of plug ins for it keep crashing causing the whole browser to freeze and close on me. =\ Other than that GC is fantastic.

My current extensions are:

RSS Links - Call me strange, but I only got into RSS with IE7, when it was integrated with the browser. Just makes more sense to me that way. Therefore, Chrome's other RSS progs didn't appeal to me at all. This one was a bit buggy (It doesn't like having no feeds), but now that I've got it working, it seems quality.

Google Translate - Used to have to switch to IE8 when I wanted this, which was the most ass-backwards shit ever. Occasionally used during background checks. I know the home address of one of our german members because of Google Translate~

Google Quick Scroll - Click a google result, and a link pops up that jumps straight to the preview text from the google results page. Omgyes.

Still looking, too. Being as this is first day stuff, they've got quite a selection. I'm excited~

EDIT: Just installed three more.

IE Tab - Actually loads IE inside of chrome in one tab. wat.

KillText - Kills inline text ads. Getting into some of the stuff Firefox users always rave about, here.

Favorite Doodle - Makes google.com and search pages have whatever doodle you select from their archive. Doesn't hamper new doodles showing up.

Chrome has been my browser for months now. And it's the ONLY one I use on my Netbook {VroomVroom baby ;)}. OH SHI- They have StumbleUpon now for Chrome.

Day made.

Hmm I'm still not too fly on Chrome. Google's one of those nigh-Microsoft companies, getting it's fingers in everything. I don't really like that sort of thing.

Also, IE Tab has been a FF extension for years now :3
It's not really that useful anymore, since everything supports FF, and prolly soon to be the same for Chrome.

I got about 11 but i think my favorites are:
chromey calculator, because unlike my brother and father i don't have the ability to just do complicated math off the top of my head.
Gweather this weather extension was the best i found out of the four (or more) that i found on the list.
And
Kaboodle, its a good extension for people who do a lot of online shopping, i like it because i do a lot of online "window shopping."

vampire seduction said:
Hmm I'm still not too fly on Chrome. Google's one of those nigh-Microsoft companies, getting it's fingers in everything. I don't really like that sort of thing.

This.

dramamine213 said:
vampire seduction said:

This.
You can't argue with the quality of product, though.

vampire seduction said:
Hmm I'm still not too fly on Chrome.

vampire seduction said:
I've heard good things

...wat. Are you worried you'll catch the Google or something? Go download it, don't be a judgmental fucknut just because of the brand name.

Also, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://code.google.com/chromium/">http://code.google.com/chromium/</a><!-- m -->

Like Microsoft? Really?

No, I said 'like Microsoft' regarding the fact that they are branching into practically everything. Don't take things out of the context I put them in.
As for being a 'judgmental fucknut just because of the brand name', I use gmail and have been looking into Google Voice. I'm not knocking the brand name, per se, I'm just limiting what I invest into Google. Basically, I'm perfectly happy with Firefox so I don't have any real reason to switch.

vampire seduction said:
No, I said 'like Microsoft' regarding the fact that they are branching into practically everything. Don't take things out of the context I put them in.
As for being a 'judgmental fucknut just because of the brand name', I use gmail and have been looking into Google Voice. I'm not knocking the brand name, per se, I'm just limiting what I invest into Google. Basically, I'm perfectly happy with Firefox so I don't have any real reason to switch.
Faster, more efficient, more secure?

I use Google chrome, I tried Firefox but it kept on freezing on me every time I went onto the net. Google I think is more fast, and a lot easier to look for stuff, and it hasn't froze on me once.

Try, I have very little issues with Firefox. The memory leak doesn't even affect me unless I have three FF windows open with multiple tabs for a straight week or so. I don't have any security issues or problems with how fast it is. Like I said, I don't see any reason to bother with switching. In all honesty I'm perfectly happy with how Firefox works for me.

vampire seduction said:
Try, I have very little issues with Firefox. The memory leak doesn't even affect me unless I have three FF windows open with multiple tabs for a straight week or so. I don't have any security issues or problems with how fast it is. Like I said, I don't see any reason to bother with switching. In all honesty I'm perfectly happy with how Firefox works for me.
Hee hee hee, I once made almost this very same post about IE6. Highly amusing to me at the mo', likely due to my extremely intoxicated state~

I tried Chrome and I didn't like it.

I've had extremely minimal problems running FF, and as Vampy said, I'm limiting my use of Google products. I use gmail, I've messed with a lot of beta applications they've promoted, and I honestly couldn't live without their search engine. I just don't want them as my browser.

And hell, it took a huge effort from my husband to get be to go back to FF after using Opera for over a year. I still haven't found a browser that has the Dial-a-Page thing Opera has. I loved that.

But as for Chrome, eh. To each their own. :)

Trygon said:
vampire seduction said:
Hee hee hee, I once made almost this very same post about IE6. Highly amusing to me at the mo', likely due to my extremely intoxicated state~

elohelz too true
However I remember happily hopping ship to FF once I heard about it XD

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/huzzah.html">http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/huzzah.html</a><!-- m -->

Chrome for mac!

For me, I got Google Mail Checker - mainly cuz I got a GMail account, so it makes a whole hell of a lotta sense - and MegaUpload DownloadHelper. Might come in handy when I find something from the main site, yes?

Latest Additions:
IE Tab: *snerk* It's like two browsers in one! BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Google Translate: Very interesting. I can view virtually any site (including here) in almost any language.

Extensions? Oh frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!

Chrome already manifests itself in a torrent of glistening argent fire, shimmering in the sun, whilst other browsers flop in a piscine manner upon the shores of glory, solely on the basis of speed. But this is a nice addition, just the same.

Back
Top Bottom