Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yo ho..or something (Candira and Mike the Bloodwolf)

When she reached the Cargo hold, Kelvan was by the cargo door as he was checking things over making sure things were ok. He stop when he heard footsteps and said "Who is there? Captain? No you don't smell it" He turned around and he would directly at her though he could still not see Cat that well and said "Stat who you are please, you outline does not match any of the crew that I know of". On his shoulder was a small parrot who looked at Cst even closer and began to speak to Kelvan. "A girl you say Greenwing, hmmm I don't recall a girl ever being part of our crew" Kelven said.

She hadn't met much of the crew yet, and the captain wasn't around to back her up on this, but she hoped this man would believe her. Rather than make him wait, the young woman smiled as her eyes adjusted to the light.

"Hello, there. My name is Caterina. The captain rescued me during the last battle. I was the only survivor," she said, her face falling as the gravity of that statement settled on her. Flashes of the battle came to her in a rush and she closed her eyes for a moment to deal with it. "I...the captain has asked me to take charge of finances while I am here, so I was hoping to take a look at the ship's inventory."

She caught sight of the parrot and smiled at it. "What a handsome parrot."

"I am mostly blind my dear so I did not see the battle though Greenwing works as my eyes so I can see the truth on your face though his eyes" Kelvan said as he walked into the light and she would see that he was blind in both his eyes thought Greenwing eyes glowed brightly as he scanned the girl before Kelven nodded to himself and said "Come with me Catrerina and I shall show you where our inventory is". He then began to walk to the inventory slowly so she would be able to keep up with him and his eyes. He was still curious as to why the captain wanted her aboard but he just accepted it.

Caterina watched with interest as he and the parrot seemed to communicated. It was probably the oddest thing she'd seen so far, but it was fascinating. When he led her to the cargo hold, she followed his lead, his practiced steps guiding the both of them. Together, they went through the hold and took inventory. Before the day was done, she knew exactly what was in the pirates' posession, how much it was worth, and how much she could get for it. And so did Kelvan and Greenwing.

Stiff from all of her work, Cat made her way back up on deck, thinking that it might be a good idea to report her findings to the captain. It seemed like they would be making a sizable profit. Not to mention, she wanted to stretch out a bit and see if she could get her hands on the records the captain kept in his log.

But first, the stretching. Stretching was good.

Caterina would find the Captain watching the sea, the ship had stop and the men were doing some quick fixes to make the ship more sea worthy until they could get it repaired to full power. he smiled when he saw Caterina and once again his exposed muscular chest now glistening with sea water and spay would be in her sight line. "How does it all look Cat?" He asked her with a cheerful smile as he barked a few order to men who nodded and got straight to it. Showing their loyalty and belief in there captain to carry out the things he had asked of them.

Mike walked on until he stood infront of Cat and then asked her "So do you need anything else to set things up or is it all good now?"

Cat blushed softly and nodded. "Things are looking good. It looks like you'll be able to get a sizable profit out of this cargo. It looks like it's in good condition, some of it is rare, and some of it can be presented to look and feel more expensive than it really is. So in the right market, you'll get quite a haul, even with professional hagglers." She smiled and gazed up at him for a moment, just a little lost in his handsome face. When he asked if she needed anything else, she shook her head to snap herself out of it.

"I'm sorry. I was hoping to get a hold of your financial records so I can see what we've got to work with and keep track of our profits." Instinctively, she moved closer to him, her dress showing even more cleavage than before. She, however, didn't notice since she was too busy being impressed by the handsome captain.

Mike eyes did briefly look at her cleavage as he could see a lot more then normal though to him it was like she was tempting him to look at her breasts but his quickly focused back into her eyes again as he said "alright then Cat, follow me back to the cabin. I have a safe I keep the most important stuff in". He then made a command to Adwale who nodded and took over the command while Mike was with Cat in the cabin again. Mike did like the girl a lot, she was very down to earth and friendly so she was a great addition to the crew.

"I want to thank you, Mike. I really appreciate the chance to be useful, captain. It is the least I can do." She smiled as she followed the captain into his cabin where the safe was being kept. "If you can think of anything else I can do for you while I'm here, please do not hesitate to let me know. I may not be able to do much, but I owe you my life. I'll do my very best." She brushed some dark hair behind her ear, watching the handsome man in front of her.

This would be the first time they were truly alone together. Though Mike seemed like a gentleman, she was still a little nervous. It wasn't every day she came into contact with such an extraordinary man, let alone spent time with him on her own. When they entered the cabin she stayed back for a moment, leaning against the door. "I wonder...could I ask you something?"

She'd been thinking about it for awhile, but she hadn't had a good time to bring it up.

Mike smiled to her and said "You are already doing something very helpful to us already Cat, though I may take you up on that offer again someday". He winked at her before he began to open the safe using a code only he knew, his body looked even more muscular in the light of the cabin. He open the safe and got out the things she needed before he heard her question and turned round to her, he gestured her to the table where a spare seat was while he sat in his captain chair and said "Ask my anything you wish Cat and I will answer to the best of my ability". His assassin cloak behind him fluttered a little in the breeze.

Cat smiled at his comment about taking her up on her offer, fighting a blush, and waited patiently while he opened the safe. The records in her hands, she hugged them to her chest and asked the question that had been on her mind since she had been saved.

"It's just that...Well you don't seem like an ordinary pirate. You saved me an protected me. You put me in charge of something. And it seemed like you were looking for the pirates that originally seized my ship. What is it you want? Who are you, really?"

She bowed her head respectfully. "I'm sorry if it's rude to ask, but I've just been wondering...you seem too good to be true."

Mike looked at her and closed his eyes before he nodded and said "You are indeed correct that I am not the average Pirate of the sea. My name is Michael Fertar though I prefer the name Mike. I am a pirate but I'm also a member of an ancient order known as the Assassins. The man I save you from was a member of another organisation called the Templers who seek a world where they rule everything while the Assassins fight for a free world".

"I want a peaceful world where everyone can live happily and help each out in everyway possiable" Mike told her with a smile.

Cat was taken by complete surprise as he told her what he really did. Her bright blue eyes were wide as she took in all the information. The man she had come to know was kind and charming. He was powerful and commanding, too, but he had been nothing but a gentleman to her. He was an assassin with a moral code. And he was trying to save the world on top of everything else. What were the odds that she would ever meet a man like him who was willing to risk his life to make a better world.

The picture he painted was a beautiful one. It only made him that much more attractive. She was fairly certain that nothing would come of any kind of advances they made, but that didn't make it any easier to resist his charm.

"I see. Well, that would make sense. It would be convenient to be a pirate if that was your cause. It's a wonderful one, at that." She smiled at him and shook her head. "I want a peaceful world, too. I hope you succeed, Mike. I hope that somehow I'll be able to help you on your quest." She set the book down and took a few steps closer until she was close enough to feel the heat of his body through her little white dress. She leaned up, her hands on his shoulders and kissed his cheek. "Thank you for saving me."

With that, she blushed and turned away so she could get the book. "I'll just look this over, then. Please call me if you need me."

Mike smiled and nodded to her as he said "Inded, but I also became a pirate to free my friends from slavers. I'm pretty sure you've noticed by now that my crew are mostly dark skinned. That is because they are freed slaves. When I took this ship, I freed all of them and they joined me". He then blushed when she kissed him on the cheek which made him get slightly aroused but he pushed back those urges and instead kissed her on the cheek as well before he directed her to his desk and said "I will call you when we get to the great iguna bay". he then left her alone in his cabin as he took over the wheel again.

The fact that he'd helped his friends when he took over the ship only deepened her attraction to him. She watched him leave, and then took a seat at his desk. After a few moments of daydreaming, she got to work looking over the records and getting a feel for the needs of the ship and the crew, as well as their bounties. It seemed like a good idea to try to stretch their dollars a bit, but she also knew that life at sea could be difficult at best. Long voyages could become longer without proper provisions and materials to make repairs.

She made lists of the most common goods needed and added up their usual cost and then figured out the range of profit they would make for this particular haul. It looked as though they would come out flush if things went well for them. Perhaps she could even claim a small bit of the profit to get herself some clothes that actually fit her. Her luggage had been destroyed in the attacks and she was stuck with the green dress that had gotten dirty in the scuffles that followed, and the ill-fitting white dress she wore now.

By the time the captain came for her, Cat had a much better idea of where they were and where they needed to be in order to get things back up to speed and replenish the stock they required. She closed the book and left her notes in it as a bookmark. She would hold onto these while she was here. In the mean time, she put them in the top drawer of his desk so she could get to them later on and fill them in. For now, she was needed to get merchandise moving.

Mike came down to collect her once the ship had been fully docked and tied up. He open the door and smiled at her as he said "My lady Cat, we are now in the great iguna bay. My mansion is at the top of a small hill if you want to stay there for a few days while the ship is repaired and refixed up again". He grab his assassin cloak and put it on though he left the hood down as there was no need for it. He then offered Cat a cloak to hide the tight fitting top from the public eye. "I'm ready to go when you are, the rest of the crew are all resting and being reunited with there families that were moved here" He told her with a smile.

Caterina smiled when the captain came for her. It was always nice to see him. In fact, it gave her heart a bit of a flutter. His smile got that flutter to go a little faster. Happily, she accepted the cloak he offered and covered herself up, pleased that it fit well enough to offer her a bit more modesty. "Thank you. I hope it's not any trouble for me to stay with you while we're here. You've already done so much for me. The last thing I want to do is give you trouble."

Mike chuckled and said "You will be no problem at all, trust me. You are a member of this crew and everyone will respect you. Plus I know there a few mercents around here so we can look at selling that stuff if you really want to but first things first we need to visit the harbour master". He then offered his hand to her, if she took it he would lead her to the harbour master if she did not he would still take her to the harbour master first as it would be a lot easier to keep her close as there were still the few pirates around that would kidnap her and do thing to her.

Cat took the captain's offered hand, happily allowing him to lead her to the harbor master. She stayed close, knowing full well that he was her protection in this cut-throat world. She pulled the hood of her cloak over her head, though her face was still visible. It made her feel a little safer and kept the sun from her eyes.

The harbor was just as busy as every other port she'd visited. Ships were docked for repairs, unloading their wares, taking passengers, unloading passengers, launching ships, bringing in the day's catch. Pirates did some of their dirty dealing just below docks, while others plotted for more shielded places. Sailors on shore leave, full of ale and good spirits, stumbled too and fro, as well. The bustling harbor made it difficult to for her to stay close to Mike without literally touched him, so for the time being, she held firmly onto his hand.

The last thing she wanted was to be separated from her kind rescuer in the chaotic docks.

Mike himself kept her as close as he could, he did not want to let her go epically as he passed the few truly bad egged pirates who would of kidnapped and forced Cat into things she would hate. He went up to the Harbour master and spoke to him in fluent French as that was where this one had come from. He then payed the man what was needed to upgrade and fully repair his ship before he turned to Cat and smiled at her again before he said "Come, lets go to my mansion where you can change if you want to.

Once they were registered with the harbor master, Mike offered to take her to his home. It was so odd to think that she had a choice in the matter, but she really did. She had been under his care and on his ship for nearly two days already. Still, after all she owed him, it seemed as though he would have let her leave--and after hearing about his allegiances, she believed he would.

"Thank you so much. I would appreciate it." She smiled and took his hand, following him to his home, walking through crowded streets. Slowly, the crowds and buildings thinned out until they reached a long drive, which led to a large mansion.

"Wow...beautiful."

Mike chuckled lightly and said "I know, I saved a young family from a Templer attack and they gave me the house after they left to go elsewhere. I've been sorting it out and fixing things up since". Mike had paid the Habour master to fix the ship and to upgrades the cannons before he smiled and let Cat though the front door and said "Choose whichever room you want apart from the one with the wolf head picture on the door as that is my room" Mike then smiled at her again as he took off his cloak to hang it up in his study.

"Thank you, Mike," she said, putting conscious effort into using just his name and not his title. "I'll see you soon," she said, bowing her head, some of her soft curls falling over her shoulder. With that, Caterina took her leave and headed upstairs to where the bedrooms seemed to be. She explored room after grand room, impressed by the house and its decor. It seemed as though the family who'd given this house to Mike had had good taste and abundant wealth.

After some exploration, Cat found a room that seemed to have belonged to a young woman--there were still some clothes in the wardrobe. Some dresses and a few undergarments were in the closet, and there was a hamper for what she was wearing now. She picked up a green dress that looked about her size and held it up against her. It seemed like it might work, and the fabric had some give.

Next, she found a bathroom and practically cried for how beautiful it was. She closed the door behind her and filled the large claw foot tub with hot water and soaps, pleased to have the opportunity to clean herself after everything she'd been through. She spent a long time there, washing her hair, cleaning every inch of herself with soap that smelled lovelier than anything she'd caught scent of in months. When she was clean and smooth and under control again, she got out of the tub and dried off.

She helped herself to some of the lotions and perfumes that she found and dried her hair as best she could before combing it out and braiding it over her shoulder. She was a far cry from the woman who'd been rescued. With a big grin, she tried on the clean clothes and found that though they were a bit snug, they fit her much better than the white dress the captain had left her. She didn't show nearly as much cleavage now, and felt much better.

Refreshed, the woman began a search of the house to find the captain's room, and possibly ask him about getting something to eat. She wouldn't want to do much more than that being as tired as she was, but maybe she could get a walk in before bed. That would be nice...a walk with the captain...

Cat would find Mike in the Study where he was writing down what had happen in the past 6 weeks that he had been away from his home. His nose began to twitch uncontrollable as he smelt a very lovely scent in the air, he looked around to try and figure out where it was though it was soon certain that it was Cat when she would walk into his study. Mike eyes widened at how beautiful if not downright sexy she looked now that those things had been done, he coughed lightly as he regained his thoughts and said "Wow, just wow you look absolutely divine Cat. I see you found the room you wanted, is it the one at the end with all the beauty things? I think the eldest daughter of the family lived there"

Cat blushed at Mike's reaction. It was sweet of him to say. She was certain she looked much better after getting cleaned up again, but she hadn't expected to catch his fancy. She smiled and bowed her head a little in thanks, pleased that he thought she was attractive. It was hard to have gone without on the ship for so long, having men look at her only because she happened to have all the working parts of a woman. Mike and his crew had been different.

But it still felt nice to have him see her like this--feeling more feminine than she had in months. "Thank you. Yes, it seemed like a nice room, and it had some clothes that fit me. I figured no one would mind. If the daughter lived there, she had good taste. Thank you for letting me stay here and letting me take a bath," she said with a chuckle. "I don't think it's ever felt so good to be clean."

She took a few steps closer, wondering what he had been up to since their return. "I hope I didn't interrupt anything important. I just wanted to see if you might like to take a walk with me, maybe find something to eat. I'm a little tired after the journey here, as I'm sure you are. But I thought a little company might be nice. A light meal to restore some energy. I don't think I've ever been to this port before. What do you think?"

Mike shut his Journal and put it away on the shelf before he smiled at her "Nope, nothing important just me writing in my Journal about what I've done in the past 6 weeks since I was last here at Great Iguna Bay" He told her with a bright smile before he listened to what she had to say, He had a quick thought about it before he nodded to her and said "A walk and a meal sounds great. I'll pay for the meal if you don't mind". He grab his more casual looking outfit and fitted only his hidden blades to it before he offered his hand to her.

Back
Top Bottom