Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not Used to This...

Frogger

Pulsar
It's been a long time since I've seen an RP like this so, I decided to bring one back to life.

~

There's a group of friends, it always starts like that. One mentions that they kind of, not really, totally wants to be in the band. The others, of course, consider the idea... and why not? All they have to do is buy the instruments, and set it all up. But there's not enough room for everyone, though there are the important people, such as the managers, and the 'start-up fans' that will be there along with them, even if their music isn't the greatest, or they aren't that successful.

Obviously, the lead guitarist will be the 'Leader' of the group, hence the Lead in it's name.

Hello, I stumbled upon this thread today. It's been a while since I've role played in a group setting, so this sounds really fun! I'd like to take on the pianist/keyboard player role if possible. Honestly, I'm surprised this thread isn't grabbing more attention. The idea is easy to work with. What sort of format will our posts be in? Will we write out short pieces detailing what each of our characters do throughout the day/week (this involves their participation with the band too), or only focus on scenes where they're together?

-Also, out of the nominated names, I'm in favor of "Cosmic Challenge."

That's a good question actually, should we just focus on band stuff, or include other things throughout the week for them to interact? I kind of like the latter. We could potentially get our own child forum to have more threads to focus on stuff other than band practices/shows/meetings and such.

First off, Elodie, greetings! I love your profile picture. I want to steals it, and make it mine...

Now then, I was thinking that our posts will include other things throughout the week for the band. Perhaps a few of our characters are either finishing up high school, or just starting college. One or two will just be in the general work force, but their work will be near the schools. Once we go further along, I was thinking our band can hit the road.

Hahaha, thanks, but your profile picture is much cuter! For reference, mine was drawn by Adele Lorienne. She's an amazing artist. I agree with both of you, it seems more interesting to write about the characters' lives. My next question was about age groups, but you already answered that, Frogger. Hopefully, we can start soon! Will we be making character profiles? I think it would be beneficial, especially since the band has already been formed.

I must admit, I thought my picture was appropriate... I likes the cookies. xD

Adele Lorienne, huh? I'll have to look her up.

Well, it looks as though we have everyone we need. I can easily play the manager myself, but I do have a question for everyone: What gender will your character be? I'd like the gender ratio to be somewhat even.

@Frogger: I prefer playing females, but can play a male if the ratio is off.

@SithLordOfSnark: Well, this is an adult role play forum. Sex scenes depend on whether or not members want their characters in those situations. Honestly though, that's up to Frogger.

I was planning on a male, and that sounds great to cover other stuff. The age group sounds about where I was expecting, probably 17-20 ish, that finishing high school/working/starting college age.

@Elodie: I'm pretty much the same way.

As for sex scenes, I am allowing them. I love seeing romance bud between two people, though.

Totally, and we'll have that extra forbidden, awkward part of trying to be in a band while having the budding romances ^_^ Always fun.

Alright, here is what we have so far:

Lead Guitarist (Played by Myself) - M/F
Drums (OstrichFromJoust) - Male
Vocalist (Gekigami) - M/F
Bass Guitarist (SithLordofSnark) - Male
Piano/Synthesizer (Elodie) - I am assuming Female.

Well, seeing as their are 5 band members, it doesn't matter if there are 3 guys or girls, so I'll stay female. Can you post a template for character sheets if you want to use them? Also, should we discuss band member dynamics before starting, or go with the flow and see how things turn out? Anyone else have questions?

Well, I wanted to ask, because I'll play manager. I'll decide the gender of that character based off the band. I will post a character profile thread, and in the meantime, guys, check out my other group role-plays! There's a few I'm trying to start off, or get others to join, so...yeah!

What sort of band member dynamics do you think we need to discuss?

I didn't have any dynamics in mind (I prefer to figure things out as I role play), but I've run across people who like to establish character relations (how friendly they are) before starting. I just asked out of curiosity.

Hm... Well, I wouldn't mind figuring out how everyone met, and how the band came to be, seeing as how there will be high school and college students.

Alright, here is the thread for character profiles! Please, please, please, put a lot of detail into your descriptions and all, and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=57074

Back
Top Bottom