Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Discussion (Spoiler alerts)

Which house do you belong to?

• Total voters
RE: Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones Discussion (Spoiler alerts)

I heard the new season is coming out April.

Yes!!! They are already recording season 5 as we speak.

eeeeeee~

I just love the show, which in my opinion is making a far better work than the book themselves sometimes (Most times even), yeah sure, there are also slow episdes but damn, the books had a tendency to drift like a boat without rows sometimes

But don't get me wrong, I simply love the setting and many of the ideas there, from the crazy religions to the fascinating characters and creatures, tho I would wish some of the wolves had better luck, then again, only douches seem to have luck with GRRM

Am I the only one who got seriously dissapointed there will be no Lady Stoneheart in the future?

*Raises hand*

If she's not going to be in the show AT ALL, then the writers might well be shooting themselves in the foot. I believe she's going to be having some importance in the later books, either in terms of plot or character interaction... and they might well miss out on some good stuff.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking they are making a big mistake, its finally one Stark getting some fangs and they are going to throw that away?
Then again, they might save it for later seasons, but I don't know, it would be terribly dissapointing if they did...

Also, is it just me or Sansa suddenly turned too quickly? Kinda surprised me there, she told like one lie and suddenly she was Maleficent or somethin'

I think they're trying SO SO hard to make up for it. "Lady Stonehart won't be in it for reasons such as ... well, such and such. BUT! Look at this and this and this!"

I need my Stark kicks. I think we all need them by this point in the story.

I agree, and haha, I love your scenario. But let me tell you, that scene where she's descending down the steps with that look really made me forget how fast it happened. But yes, a bit rushed.

Bringing this back to life for those who are fans!

Feel free to share/express thoughts on Season 5, news, etc!

So glad this is on once more...and yes I've seen all 4 episodes that are out. It's killing me to wait for episode 5! Lol!!

NOOOO!!!

Now you must wait even longer!! I'm being very patient. I heard they are some good episodes!

They. Are. Amazing. Seriously, they are!! Holy shit! I'm totally dying for the show to air episode 5 at regular time. Lol!! XD

HAPPY GAME OF THRONES SEASON 5 FINALE.

Wow. Can't believe all the cray-cray that's happened!

This entire season was THE AWESOME! Had to see a whole slew of nonsense on the FB feed though. A lot of people blathering on all pissy and unhappy about this and that. But, good lord!!! Anyway........I loved it and GUH.....now I have to wait a year... T_T

Jon Snow,
I do not think is dead. I have suspicions first based off the strange death, the way it was filmed and clues through out the show that he was not going to die so soon. Second, I looked up pay raise for GoT cast, and found
After lengthy negotiations, the lead cast of HBOโ€™s flagship drama Game Of Thrones have landed major salary increases. I hear mainstays Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau will all be paid close to $300,000 an episode. I hear the quintet did not negotiate together, with the deals done one by one over the past couple of months, with Harington, Headey and Clarke closing their new contracts first, followed by Dinklage, with Coster-Waldau wrapping the marathon talks. In exchange, the five have agreed to extend their deals to a seventh season.
That's a pretty impressive salary for an actor playing a dead character.

I gave up on this show in the fourth season when Oberyn Martell was killed. Up until that point, every single death was reasonable. Eddard Stark was a painful death, a horrible death, but it made sense. He was playing a dangerous political game and was completely out of his depth. Rob Stark was ambushed when he least expected it, because he crossed a man best not crossed. All of that made perfect sense. Oberyn made absolutely no sense whatsoever. It was liken to watching Muhammad Ali, in his prime, decimating some journeyman boxer for 11 rounds, and then suddenly losing, because he decided to just stand there. Oberyn died for plot convenience: Tyrion Lannister needed to be found guilty. Oberyn was killed for thematic reasons: nothing is just and everything sucks. To me his death was no different than how Superman wins because the story demands it.

They introduced, easily, one of the more interesting and charismatic characters (few actually charismatic characters in the show), only to have him die from being "tripped". This is a guy who, just second ago, was flipping around like a wuxia from many a Chinese martial arts film. His dexterity and agility were far beyond anything we've seen in the show so far. We are forced to believe that he's so clumsy and unaware as to be tripped up, grabbed, and then crushed to death. I don't care how "hyped" and "distracted" he was. It was a lame, horrible death unworthy of how they built up the character, and the total domination he put the Mountain through. I mean... when you can do a leaping lunge, and shove a spear through a man's chest (a man that big, powerful, and experienced) the fight is basically over.

I'm sure many of you will criticize my reason for not watching this show anymore, or feel I'm just some kind of fanboy. That's fine. The whole scene just turned me off from Game of Thrones.

LackingInHeart said:
Jon Snow,
I do not think is dead. I have suspicions first based off the strange death, the way it was filmed and clues through out the show that he was not going to die so soon. Second, I looked up pay raise for GoT cast, and found
After lengthy negotiations, the lead cast of HBOโ€™s flagship drama Game Of Thrones have landed major salary increases. I hear mainstays Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau will all be paid close to $300,000 an episode. I hear the quintet did not negotiate together, with the deals done one by one over the past couple of months, with Harington, Headey and Clarke closing their new contracts first, followed by Dinklage, with Coster-Waldau wrapping the marathon talks. In exchange, the five have agreed to extend their deals to a seventh season.
That's a pretty impressive salary for an actor playing a dead character.

I can't help but agree. Gosh, I hope so. Also. Many, MANY, clues in the books for Jon Snow's purpose, /especially/ coming from Melissandrei, especially with his parents theory (which is the largest). While GRRM does like to keep us on our toes, he knows what he wants to do. Too bad time isn't on anyone's side!

Also

I believe Jon's soul will like, enter Ghost. OR he'll be "reborn" as Azor Ahai. Pardon my spelling.

darkangel76 said:
This entire season was THE AWESOME! Had to see a whole slew of nonsense on the FB feed though. A lot of people blathering on all pissy and unhappy about this and that. But, good lord!!! Anyway........I loved it and GUH.....now I have to wait a year... T_T

UGH.
Right? I actually enjoyed this season, as well. I think each season had its ups and downs (though season 1 was pretty spot on!), I did enjoy it. I look forward to the next season... Not the wait!

GAME OF THRONES SEASON 6.

WHO EXCITED?
WHO NERVOUS?
WHO SCARED?

To the other person who voted "House Baelish": Marry me pls

I've watched the entire show, and I'm currently halfway through the third book. I'm hoping to finish it before the season starts but that's not going to be easy, lol.

My favorite characters, in order:
- Tyrion Lannister& Petyr Baelish
- Arya
- Asha Greyjoy
- Bronn & The Hound
- Ygritte

I'll stop myself before I name everyone, lol. There are many other characters I like. I don't like Sansa much but her chapters in the book are usually very well written, same thing goes for Catelyn Stark.

Some parody songs I liked on youtube and thought I'd share:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XBK3ajoIqY[/video]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3vcReSWDY8[/video]

Aww...no Dany love? I adore her. I cannot help myself. I really find myself drawn to House Targaryen though and it has nothing to do with Daenerys being a more centralized character. I honestly love the way she's governing her people as she moves through Slaver's Bay. Her overall ideals, etc etc plus, I do think out of everyone she's the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. But anyway, I just think her overall outlook is one I can get behind and support and...I'll also be honest that I have a strange affinity to dragons. >.<

Sansa is one of those characters I've grown to love. I really disliked her in the beginning. I thought she was a weak character who always found herself to be in the role of the victim. BUT...once she found herself suddenly allied with Baelish, that began to change quite drastically for me. I saw a fire light within her. I loved how she suddenly realized she was truly playing a 'game' and that she needed to wake up from her previous ways and get with the program. Now, she's been thrown a bit of a curve ball being placed in custody with the Boltons, however, I'm rather proud of her for being proactive as opposed to just constantly taking shit like she did while in Kings Landing. She stood up to Ramsay and Miranda, wouldn't relent on Theon/Reek and did finally break through that barrier. So, my respect for Sansa has grown immensely and what used to be hate moved to a rather large love. She earned it and I hope she manages to find Baelish....yeah, I'm weird like that... >.>

Tyrion and Baelish. HOW CAN ANYONE NOT LOVE THOSE TWO? Ok, there. I said it. >.<

Anyway, character gushing done (well, not really, I could gush all day about the characters), I'm very excited for season 6. Now, I've not read any of the books, so I cannot compare a damned thing. But ooofff...THIS SHOW! I love it so! That cliffhanger ending of Season 5 has been killing me! I need this show to start up again. Now! LOL! XD

I have mixed feelings about Dani. I like her personality, she's very well written. I like most of the events in her story, but I do feel her arrival in Westeros has been stalled for way too long. It almost kills her story, how it much its filled with 'fillers'. Also, I know people will hate for me this, but I think Emilia Clarke is absolutely talentless. She's a nice person, but how she got that gig is beyond me. I can't help but stare in confusion every time people praise her or she gets nominated for an award. She was okayish in seasons 2-3 (eating the horse heart was epic), but she kept going downhill after that. I think the scene in season five where she rides the dragon is the most poorly executed scene in the entire series >,> Well, maybe it was on-par with the sand vipers fight, which looked like a power rangers scene.

I'm sorry if you hate me now, DA >,< House Targaryen definitely has/had many characters I liked though.

Sansa, yeah I agree. Her scenes with Baelish in season 5 were a nice change from her gullible nature. I do suspect her lie is going to haunt her and Baelish later on, but that's just a hunch. An unjustifiable hunch like the one I have about Arya digging up needle and killing herself. Sansa's chapters in the books are very, very well written. Despite not relating to her at all, I feel her and Catelyn's chapters are just a nice viewpoint for the story and other characters. Same thing goes for Cersei, I don't like her but she is extremely well written, and she's blessed to have the best actress in the world. Lena kills it year after year!

Most people I know like Tyrion and dislike Baelish. I don't know why; I personally find Baelish's intellect very engaging. I like characters who are physically weak but find strength in other fields. I also like underdogs who train and become powerful, and people with the wits of a fox and a tongue that can burn. That's why I like Baelish, Tyrion, Bran and Lady Ollena, and many of the people in that list. Prior to season five, Tyrion used to be my number 1 all the way but Baelish did a lot of awesome stuff in season five that he tied with Tyrion.

Season 5 was nice. It was a little less quality than season 4 but it was good. I loved Jon's last scene, I think it was a master's stroke. Though I disliked the high number of cliffhangers.. I mean, we already know what's going to happen to Sansa and Arya, no need to make it look like a mystery >,>

EDIT: I just realized my post sounded very negative, lol. I LOVE GoT. Like, I think if we have a showing off competition with other species, we should brag about GoT. Its the single best creation we, as species, have created xD I just sound like a tough critic when I'm giving my opinion.. I could shower with compliments but I wouldn't add anything to the discussion, its much better when I blurt out my controversial ideas >,<

EDIT 2: Oh, and I met a guy with the Stark direwolf tattooed on his chest.

Not even sure if I want to watch the new season. I mean I am going to, because what else am I going to do with myself, but the book purist in me is sad.

DA;;
I was waiting for you!! And I am very anxious to see what happens to Dany. I think she has certainly come a long way.

I agree completely with Sansa. Also her actor, Sophie Turner has backed her character from the start and really grown into it. According to an article I read, which I'll source here once I get my hands on it, she really does her best acting this season and her fan base has definitely grown.

Fruit;;

No, no! Please be honest and share, that's why we discuss! Thank you for it! In fact, I share a few of your opinions. I love watching Baelish completely manipulate the scene, Varys too. Him and Tyrion are going for comedic gold, I hope. I'm incredibly excited to see how they fair in Mareen. I will say, I'm sort of glad he's there. Mareen can feel like such a mess. I also agree that Dany should have picked up and made her flight to Westeros, but I do appreciate that she is our look into places that still suffer from slavery and a different way of life in Essos. (Though we do have Ayra now too!)

And I adore Lady Olenna. Her scene with Tywin when they're discussing marriages and their children in season 4? BRILLIANT. I'll add a clip for it later when I'm at my Mac.

Xanaphia;;

It'll be hard and a very different feel, for sure!

Thanks everyone for sharing!! We are almost there!!

With George RR Martin's current writing pace, I estimate that Winds of Winter will be published some time just before heat death of the universe.

So you know.

Got that to look forward to.

Her scene with Tywin when they're discussing marriages and their children in season 4? BRILLIANT. I'll add a clip for it later when I'm at my Mac.

Exactly. Lady Ollena is a badass when it comes to discussions and negotiations. That scene with Tywin was amazing, and I'm glad they added it - it isn't in the books actually.

I practically watch the show for the political aspect not the fighting scenes, so scenes like that are awesome for me. Well, I also like the story twists and individual character arcs, but the politics appeal to me a lot.

Forbidden Fruit said:
Her scene with Tywin when they're discussing marriages and their children in season 4? BRILLIANT. I'll add a clip for it later when I'm at my Mac.

Exactly. Lady Ollena is a badass when it comes to discussions and negotiations. That scene with Tywin was amazing, and I'm glad they added it - it isn't in the books actually.

I practically watch the show for the political aspect not the fighting scenes, so scenes like that are awesome for me. Well, I also like the story twists and individual character arcs, but the politics appeal to me a lot.

Yes! & I also LOVED the parodies you shared. Here's a few personal favorites.

[video=youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xOHNyCleOEM[/video]

[video=youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KoBRto_8UII[/video]

Back
Top Bottom