Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Let's Share (Alvis & LaVan)

Amber looked at the door with a slight smile pulling on her lips. She had never heard Brendan Swore, let alone in another language. As she explained, and asked how he liked his chicken, he opened the door. She couldn't help the full blown smile that graced her face. She gave a nod and as she turned to leave she caught sight of his finger. Confusion and worry filled her eyes as she stepped forward. With gentle hands she reached out for his hand, pushing his away. She removed the rag and let out he own string of swear words. "What did you do?" She asked lightly.

Placing the rag back over his finger she tugged him forward. "Come on..." She said lightly. Back in the living room she pointed to the sofa as she dug around in one of her boxes. "You have to be more careful." She spoke lightly, though she was sure he had been. Finding her first-aid kit she made her way back to him. Again she pushed his good hand away and removed the rag. She set about cleaning the cut from her spot on the coffee table. Green obs looked up toward his face and she found herself taking him in. Sure he was a bit nerdy, but in truth he was handsome. Well maybe not what most girls would find handsome, but she did. If it hadn't of been for Brad, she would of had no problem going after the man before her. Well that was if he wasn't so painfully shy.

"So you like grilled chicken.... do you like anything on it?" She asked lightly. Her fingers moved lightly over his skin as rubbed the cream over the cut. "Your finger should be fine." She added lightly. She wrapped the band-aid around the finger and smiled. "Your not going to hide in your room all the time are you?" She asked gently, giving him a soft smile.

Brendan could scarcely believe when Amber started pulling him along after her. WHat was she doing? ANd what was he doing just letting her. Aside from being struck speechless at teh way she almost fussed over him. But she clearly knew her way around a First Aid kit. Then again, being with Brad meant she'd likely seen to a few of his football related wounds. The smaller ones anyway. And Brad being who he was, it was likely he'd tried to 'walk off' more than a few things that he probably shouldn't have. Hepicked out a moment where she was actually looking at him while she worked. And great Gods...he was reminded, not for the first time, that he'd always envied Brad his dumb luck in managing to convince Amber to give hima shot. There wasn't a guy he knew that wouldn't have done damned near anything to land a girl like her. Himself included, he supposed. Those eyes of heres...they were hard to look away. He felt himself calling back the memory of what he had been able to hear not that long ago, and had the flash of him in Brad's place.

That thought had him looking away from her, pushing the thought to the back of his mind. He heard her asking about the chicken as her soft hand ran along his.
"Um...sage. Sage, ginger and garlic. They go great on grilled chicken if you toss the meat in it." He said with a calmler edge to his voice. When he looked back at her he was calmer, though he did look just off center to her, not quite meeting her gaze. Safer that way. "And...maybe. Maybe not. I like my room. It has most of my favourite things in it you know." He said this last with a hint of a smile, a pretty weak kind of joke, but it was all he could come up with on the spot.

As Amber's hands worked gently over Brendan's cut she looked up toward his face. Her bright green eyes locked with his and for a moment she wondered what he was thinking, what he saw when his eyes locked with hers. Because the truth was she didn't have a clue what he would see in her eyes. Once more her eyebrows pulled in confusion when he looked away from her. Her hands never left his as she questioned him a bit more about chicken, then his room. She gave a nod in understanding at how he liked his chicken.

However it was his next comment that had a smile pulling on her lips. She let out a giggle and shook her head, almost playfully. "Well maybe I'll just have to become one of your favorite things. " She said lightly, her voice was full of teasing and playfulness. Gently her fingers slid over his hands. "Please be more careful, I hate having to fix up Brad. It kills me to have to fix up you, your to gentle to be hurt." She whispered lightly to him. Slowly she stood, letting her hands slid from his. "I'm going to start dinner, Brad should be done cleaning up soon." With that she was gone.

Getting to the kitchen she stood there for a moment trying to get herself together. Brendan was such a sweetheart, she hated seeing him hurt. She was more then sure it had been her fault. With a deep breath she set to work, making the chicken just as he had told her too. Her hands moved over the slimy chicken to run the Sage, Ginger and Garlic over the meat. She also got out corn and potatoes to grill as well. She didn't think Brendan would eat as much as Brad did, but she still made more then she was going to need. From time to time her mind would drift to the man her boyfriend called a best friend. She couldn't understand how they became friends. The thought made her smile.

One of his favourite...things...? Brendan did nearly choke on his own tongue at the statement. So very very many ways he could take that, and most of them ended up with him and Brad trying to kill each other. ANd that would not end well for anyone involved, especially since Amber seemed to not really be into the idea of either of them hurt. He could only imagine how much she'd hate them actually hurting one another.
"Uh...yeah. I guess so." He managed to spit out, sounding rather lame and out of place even to himself. Gods, was he ever going to not be an awkward goon of a person? He somehow doubted it. As she moved into the kitchen, his hands still tingled faintly from where she'd touched him. The touch that had lingered. Gods, was this what it was going to be like living with her? Especially once Brad hit the road again, adn was out and about?

Brendan had the image of Amber being lonely, needing someone to 'console' her. ANd then he gave his head a shake. He was back to being an asshole, and Brad and Amber both derserved better than that. Amber was a hell of a ncie girl, adn deserved the kind of treatment and respect that came to such a good person. He was resolving to get up adn talk to her, like a normal human being when Brad sauntered out of his room, a smile on his face.

It was a look that Brendan was familiar with, it usually showed up in the short aftermath after Brad had gotten laid. Especially since Amber was a factor. From everything he'd gleaned from Brad, Amber was easily one helluva girl in bed.
"Hey dweeb. You stayin' out of trouble? The hell happened to your hand?" Brad asked with a grin.
"Exacto knife. Cleaning off mould lines." Brendan said casually, this kind of chatter easy for him. "Feelin' better?" Bredna asked, leaning back in the chair.
"Fuck yeah. Been way too long. Seriously man, you gotta get yourself a girl. You are wound way too tight these days."
"Wound the same way I always am."
"Exactly man." Bredan rolled his eyes. He could smell food cooking. ANd it smelled damned good. Amber was clearly accomlished in the culinary arts. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all...

Amber had giggled at Brendan's reply, clearly he was still a little awkward around her. She set to work cooking the chicken as she entered the kitchen. She cooked it how she knew Brendan liked it, hoping to get on his good side. As the chicken, baked potatoes and corn got done she plated it all and placed it on the table that sat in the dinning room. She made her way toward the living room where she could hear the boys talking. She leaned against the door way and watched them for a moment. "Are you two going to come eat or do I get all this food for myself?" She asked teasingly. Her eyes moved from one boy to the other.

She lead the way to the dinning room table. "If it doesn't taste good its Brendan's fault." She spoke sending him a playful look. "He is the one who told me how to cook it." As they sat down her eyes drifted to Brad. She looked at him for a moment before speaking. "How long until your own the road again?" She asked. There was no hint of bitterness, in her voice. She knew what being with him meant and she wasn't about to hold him back from his dreams. She ate slowly, taking her time as she picked at the chicken.

Brad smiled as Amber made ehr comment, and started to rise.
"Come on man. Brendan paused a moment out of half-hearted spite. "Seriously. She might be a looker, but she aint shy on food man." Brad informed him. Brendan raised an eyebrow. "And if she is tonight, I'll eat your share if you don't get you ass into gear." Brendan mock glowered.
"Bastard." He growled.
"Nope. I know who my daddy is." Brad beamed at his prompt response.
"We are going to kill one another one day, you know that right?"
"Yeah. Make the most of it until then?" Brad held up a fist. Brendan bumped it.
"Good deal. Like always." They were both smiling when they made it to the dining room.

And the food smelled even better close up. Brad was not a subtle man, but at least had the dignity and class to sit down and actually serve himself before simply attacking the food with wild abandon. Brendan was more reserved, but once he'd tried the chicken, his eyes brightened, adn he tucked in with more relish.
"Told you she could cook." Brad said with a smirk between bites.
"SO you did. And so she can. This is damn tasty Amber." Brendan seemed mroe at ease with something concrete and enjoyable in front of him. Food was something he could bond over. And it raised his already high opinion of Amber in his mind.

Amber couldn't help but smirk at Brendan's reaction to her cooking. She let out a laugh as she shook her head, half wanting to tell the boys to play nice. "Thank you." she said between bites. She couldn't help but watch the pair eat, they were so different. It was almost funny to think of how close they were. "Is there much left to unpack?" She asked lightly. Most of the boxes in the kitchen had been unpacked, there were a few that came from her place that still needed to be put away. She could tell though from the way things were placed Brendan had done most of it, or moved it from where Brad had put it.

Green eyes looked between the two men once again. "I was thinking maybe we can watch a movie." Her eyes jumped to Brad for a moment. "You know WATCH a movie..." There was nothing but teasing in her voice. "Together... all three of us" She was looking for something to help Brendan get to use her, and truth was she didn't know what else to do. He seemed so content sitting in his room, and she didn't know what she could do to make him want to spend time with her. She wanted to get to know him, not just for Brad but for them. They would be spending a lot of time together, and when Brad would be gone it would only be them around. She didn't think he went out much, so why not spend the time together.

Finish up the meal, Amber stood to start clearing up the dishes. Amber didn't mind clearing and cooking, she was use to it after all. She offered Brendan a soft smile as she passed him to head toward the kitchen sink. She hoped he would take her up on the offer, to watch a movie with them. She was sure they could find something they would all like. She wasn't picky and she loved most movies.

Brad smiled as she made the comment about watching the movie. He'd freely admit he was usually more interested in watching Amber than a movie, but there was a certain amount of propriety that he'd observe. After all, he was sure that Brendan got quite an earful from the two of them before, no need to flaunt it by getting all overly PDA on the couch.
"Yeah. Yeah, sure, that sounds great. How 'bout it Brendan? Pry yourself loose from the geek stuff you're working on upstairs for a few hours, actually spend time in the company of human beings?" Brad asked with a smirk as he leaned back in his chair.
"Can't do it." Brendan replied. Brad frowned.
"Why not?"
"Only one other human here, adn that's her." He gestured with hsi head to Amber. "But I can spend some time with a human being and this other weird man-ape thing that I'm sharing space with." Brad broke into a grin, taking the shot in stride.

"Nice! What are we watching?" Brad asked.
"Something that doesn't involve football." Brendan replied instantly.
"Then I don't want anythign to do with magic or elves adn shit."
"Fair. Hm. That does rule out most of the collection, doesn't it?"
"Uh...yeah. So...I'll check out the cabinet." Brendan went over to the TV, and looked in the stand, picking through the DVDs. "Man on Fire?" He called back. Brad paused. A little violent, but a good movie. He looked out to Amber.
"That good with you babe?" He called to her.

Amber rolled her eyes at Brad's teasing though soon she could do little more then laugh. Her eyes were bright with excitement as her laughter filled up the room. "He is a little Ape like isn't he?" She teasing agreed. She sent a playful smile toward the boys as she finished cleaning up. This was what she had hoped for, sure there was a few awkward moments, but for the most part they all got along fine.

By the time she returned to the living room they had picked a move. She thought for a moment, while the movie was violent it was a good movie. "That is fine.... or we could watch twilight?" she teasing said. She was one of very few girls who didn't like the Twilight movies, hell she didn't even like the books. She did gush over vampires or werewolves.

Moving she took a seat in the middle of the sofa, though leaving room on either side for the boys. She waited until Brad sat down and cuddled close to his side. Her hands laid neatly in her lap as she waited for the movie to start. From time to time she found her green eyes jumping to Brendan, taking him fully in for the first time.

Brad looked on in mock betrayal at Amber agreeing with the jab at him. But he grinned after, glad to see that Brendan was getting along with Amber. He hadn't been too worried about her. Amber was easy to get along with, and everyone seemed to like her. Brendan on the other hand seemed ot be half afraid of most people. Especially ones of the feminine persuasion. He leaned back on the couch, and dropped an arm around Amber.

Brendan stretched, feeling his whoel body loosen from the motion. He was a lean man, nothing in the way of excess weight hanging off of him. While Brad might have been a brute, hulking in form, but Brendan seemed to be no less toned in form. The stretch showed that his abs were in fine condition, and the fact he'd been able to move the couch around so easily on his own showed that there was real strength in his form. He scratched his head, shifting the light, sandy brown hair that seemed to be very fine and never really held still. ven a light breeze of motion set the hair shifting about. He ambled over to the couch, hesitating for just a moment as he noted that he'd be on the other side of Amber. Still, it was just a second, adn he sank onto the couch. It wasn't a huge piece of furniture, and he was close enough that he was almost touching Amber. He staretd to movie along, and did his best not to fidget from being so close to Amber. SHe was...distracting to say the least.

Taking him in she had to give it to Brendan he wasn't bad looking. Sure he was a little shy, but once you got passed that he was good looking. Sure he was no Brad, but that didn't change she knew if he tried he could have a girlfriend. Finally pulling her eyes from the boy beside her she turned back to the movie. Only it seemed she had picked the wrong moment. She jumped with a small yelp, only to press her lips and glare at the TV as if it had done something wrong. Her green sta6ed lock on the TV in front of them as her checks heated up. She was sure they were looking at her, though she didn't dare look toward either. She started to wonder why she had agreed to the movie in the first place. Sure it wasn't scary but it was violent.

The movie went on and soon it seemed it was her turn to stretch, her leg brushed against Brendan's. For a split second her green orbs jumped to the boy beside her. She couldn't help but think he looked nervous. She wondered if it was because of her, or because he was stuck watching a movie. Pulling in a deep breath of air she let her eyes drift back to the TV. She snuggled deeper into Brad's hold looking up to offer him a smile. Her head found his shoulder and all to soon she had drifted off to sleep. By the time she woke the movie was all but over. She sat up as the movie came to an end and rolled her shoulders slightly. "Well that is it for me... I think I'll be heading to bed." She offered a small smile. Turning she placed a kiss on Brad's lips. "You can stay up if you wish." She didn't want him to feel he had to come to bed. Her eyes feel on Brendan and she smiled. "Good night" Her voice was happy, though sleepy and soon she headed for their bedroom.

She found a long shirt to slip into and took little time to change. It was then however she remember her bag was in the living room. With a roll of her eyes she slipped from the room once more. "Sorry" She spoke as she moved to grab the bag. The shirt hit her mid-thigh and showed off her long toned legs. She was tanned and her rounded ass made the shirt slightly shorter in the back. It hung lightly off her breast as she moved back toward the room. Not thinking a moment about the fact she was half dressed.

((I have never seen the movie so I have no idea what happens... lol))

Brad smiled as Brendan settled onto the couch, looking a little nervous. Gods, Amber was just a woman, not made of glass, and she didn't bite. Often. And it was unlikely to have Brendan in a similar situation that would warrant him getting the same treatment. At least he hoped not. He felt Amber nestling into his after her jump. He smirked as she did so. He kept carefully silent about her little outburst, somewhat used to it by now. As she settled in, he felt the shift in her breathing, announcing that she was sleeping through the movie that she had suggested. He had to smile at that one. As it became apparent she was out, Brendan settled in progressively more. The guy really was wound too tightly.

As she left the room, Brad noted thT Brendan spent a moment watching her go. But then he couldn't blame the guy. Amber made for a nice view on the departure, as well as on approach.
"Heck of a lady there Brad." Brendan admit quietly.
"Gotta agree." Brad agreed, smiling. The smile partly froze when Amber reappeared. Dressed for sleep, the long shirt was not unusual for her. But it did give Brendan and him a very very fine view.

Brendan just stared as she walked past. As she lifted her bag, adn made her apology as she made her way back into her room.
"No...no problem." Brendan managed. That...had been one heck of a view. His eyes were fixed on her as she moved. Brad half glared at Brendan.
"Shake yer boy. Yer eyeballs are stuck." He cuffed the smaller man lightly, jarring Brendan out of his stares, and pushed himself up, and followed Amber to their room, blocking Brednan's view of her. Once the door was closed, he sighed, adn looked at Amber. "Quite a show you were givin' Brendan out there." he observed midly, no real accusation in his voice, adn not even sounding like he was terribly angry or put out by it.

Bright green eyes lifted as Amber turned her head to look at Brad. She took him in for a moment before giving a small shrug. "And you..." she pointed out just as mildly. She was not the Jealous type, she never had been. She trusted Brad, even though some would tell her not to. "I didn't walk out there nude, trying to woo him into our bed." She said softly. Knowing that only months before a girl had shown up outside Brad's place and done that very thing. She offered him a small smile. "I love you Brad, you have nothing to fear."

She turned back to her bag pulling a few things from it. "Beside the poor guy looks like he is going to break down in tears any time I'm around." She shook her head before turning to fully face Brad. "Are you sure he will be okay with me being here once your not?" She questioned lightly. "If he locks himself up in his room and doesn't interact at all with me, what am I to do Brad?" She gave him a look letting him know she was truly worried about the guy he left sitting , shaking she was sure, in the living room.

"If me walking out there, giving him a flash of my legs keeps him from hiding away ... is it such a bad thing?" There was amusement in her tone, and it was clearly she was teasing him. "The poor guy would be scared to death of ME, let alone you to try anything. Beside when have you ever known me to let anyone try anything?" She offered him a small smile. Walking toward him her arms wrapped around his middle and her chin rested on his chest. She knew Brad well enough to know in someway it had rubbed him wrong. Other wise he wouldn't of ended up in the room with her as he had. Standing on her toes she placed a kiss the only place she could reach, under his jaw. She slipped free and finished getting ready for bed. "Are you coming to bed?" She asked lightly looking at him.

Brad put is arms around Amber, and smiled.
"Hey now. Don't worry, I trust you. Now and always. Didn't think you were looking to invite him into bed. Just...I dunno, not going to tell you, or even ask you, not to do that kinda thing, 'cause you're right. You aren't showing anything out of line, and you should be comfortable in your own home. Which is where we are." He said with a smile, adn let her go as she was moving around the room. he cocked his head, still admiring the view of her from behind. Amber did have an hell of an ass to admire.

"Look, he tries to hermit in his room...I don't know, just set the door on fire or something. You want Brendan to get used to something, you have to confront the guy with something. He was scared of heights, he had me hang him off hte side of a bridge until he got over it. He was scared of knives being used on him in a fight, so he had me fight him with a knife a few times. And he got past it. So if he's nervous around you...get up in his grill until he's used to it. So...keep doin' what yer doin'. Maybe even a bit more. He'll come around." When she asked about coming to bed, he felt his face split into a grin, when his phone buzzed in his pocket. He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah?" He asked into the phone. he closed his eyes. "Seriously? I mean I just got moved in! No, I get it. Right. See you tomorrow." He hung up, and sighed. He'd been hoping for more time with Amber before something like this came up. "So that was the coach. And it looks like I need to ship out in the morning to hit up some kind of specialized training spot. Scouts are going to be there, so I might get picked out for some serious advancement." He paused there, sighing, and letting his eyes close. "I wanted more time Amber. But I might not get a shot like this for a long time, or ever."

Back
Top Bottom