Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Photographer's Dilemma (Traveler and I)

"I know, I know. I want too..." She felt a little guilty leading him on like that. But it would be better in the end. She felt better when he laid down and she copied his movements. "Exactly. She rubbed his cheek and hoped this didn't make things awkward in the morning. She gave him a soft kiss good night so he knew she was most definitely still interested and she rolled on her back.

She stared at her ceiling until she fell asleep. Eventually he was going to find out the truth and he might not like it. The fact that she hasn't lied to him was on her wide but she hasn't been completely forth coming. Maybe when they came to that step he would be understanding. When they did reach that step he would know why she couldn't go through with it. That was for sure.

She always woke up early. She liked to do yoga on the roof and greet the sun. Since it was a flat roof it was fairly easy to climb up there. By the time she was done she figured it was a good time to wake Scott up and have him get back to the palace before he was noticeably missing.

She sat on her side of the bed and touched his arm, "Hey sleepy head." She said softly and gently shook him to get him out of his stupor. "It's time to wake up. I can make you tea or an organic juice if you want."

He smiled for her and laid there, watching her slowly fall asleep as she turned onto her back. It was a long time later before he fell asleep, plagued by his desire for her remaining unfulfilled, and the soft buzz of arousal and wine tugging at his loins. It was almost painful. When he finally fell asleep he had restless dreams about losing the SD card and all the pictures he had taken, and being reduced to drawing caricatures of tourists on the New York streets to earn his dinner money.

He felt her touch on his arm and he groaned lightly. Slowly he blinked himself awake. Surely it had only been about ten minutes since he fell asleep? How was it morning already?

Scott glanced at his wristwatch when Rose mentioned tea or organic juice. "Shit!" He nearly fell out of bed. "I gotta go. I'm sorry - I'm supposed to catch the helicopter to the far end of the island with one of the brothers, the one with a redhead wife?" He got down on his hands and knees to fish his shoes out from under her bed. Somehow his shirt had wound up on the back of her desk chair.

"I'm sorry..." Scott leaned in and kissed Rose on the cheek. "I'll call you when I get back, okay? I'm going to be late." He scrambled to the main room and found his camera and the SD card, and then double checked that he had everything. "Okay. I think that's it. Rain check on the tea and juice? Maybe tonight?"

"Oliver. And his wife is Stephanie." She laughed watching him scramble to get ready. "If you told me you had a date I would have woken you up earlier." She teased and accepted the rain check. "Any time." She walked with him to the front door and let him out She closed and locked the door behind him. He was gone too fast for anything to be awkward which she was grateful for. She enjoyed his company and she really hoped their relationship continued to blossom as it has.

At the palace Oliver bid his wife good bye as he walked out to the helicopter waiting to take him away. He stopped by Tobin at the door who fixed his jacket and got rid of any stray lint that resided on it. He then continued on his way out the back door to where the helicopter was waiting for his arrival. He nodded at his copilot and got into the copter. He started the engines and let it warm up. He was about to take off when he saw the photographer running towards them.

"Oh goodie." He said to the copilot less than amused that they were being joined. He waited for Scott to climb in because he had too or he would face the wrath of his mother. He gestured to the head phones and waited for Scott to put them on, "Did you have a rough night?" He said laughing and started to raise the helicopter into the air. "Not too rough I hope. We have a long day ahead of us."

He tilted the machine forward and they started to fly to the other side of the island. Sure they could have been driven but this was much more fun.

"I wasn't thinking about today last night," Scott had confessed. He paused before stepping out of Rose's cottage. "I'd invite you, but it's not my place to do that. I'm supposed to photograph Oliver and I'm certain that the Queen might be upset if I bring my girlfriend with me."

He smiled apologetically and then left. It was only as he was sprinting towards the helicopter that he realized he had called Rose his 'girlfriend'. Hopefully that wouldn't upset her too much - he didn't really know what else to call her. 'Friend' seemed too casual, and 'lover'... well, they hadn't gotten there yet.

Scott climbed into the chopper and buckled up. "I had a great night, Sir," he shouted to be heard over the sound of the rooters. "How was yours?" He smirked slightly as he adjusted the strap on his camera. When the prince said that they had a long day ahead of them, the photographer hoped that it included food. He hadn't eaten dinner or the cake he brought to Rose - he was famished.

Rose smiled a little when he called her his girlfriend. She wasn't expecting it but what else was he supposed to call her. It seemed as if he didn't even give it a second thought when he said it. "Don't worry about it." She told him and watched him leave.

Oliver smirked when Scott called him Sir. "If you want pictures you have ten minutes to take them." Oliver informed him and then focused on flying to the destination. The flight ended up taking a little longer than ten minutes but they were soon landing on the designated area for helicopters in the middle of a fertile green grass field of a golf course. He took off his head set but left the blades running. He got out of the copter and the co-pilot took his spot. After both men were a good distance away the helicopter rose and flew away.

He walked to his friends and shook their hands, "Are you ready to get beaten at your own game? Oliver asked cockily. "This is Scott a photographer. He knows better than to repeat anything he hears and he will be distracted by the view of the course so he won't be laying attention, right?" Oliver asked expecting to hear a yes. He turned to his friends again, "My mother made me bring him. What do you say to doing the first nine, going to lunch and then finishing out afterwards?"

A cart was pulled out with all of Oliver's equipment already in it and ready to go. His first club was handed to him and he waited for the caddy to put the ball down.

"How is your sister?" Tom asked randomly to get Oliver off his game.

"As far as I know she is fine and far away." Oliver said and lined up his shot.

"Is your mother looking for a man to marry the free spirit? Someone to tame her perhaps?" Geoffrey laughed.

Oliver tried to block out the men's snickering but failed, "Do you believe you are man enough for the job? I doubt she will marry any man mother picks. She definitely won't marry either of you." He added and went back to golfing. The men were quiet for a few moments while Oliver got his shot in and watched the ball fly out of sight.

While they were in the air, Scott had to hide a smirk at Oliver's comment about pictures. He wanted pictures, but not of the scenery. Instead he took pictures of the prince in the pilot's seat and of him operating in his element. He seemed to enjoy what he was doing. Once they landed, the photographer was happy to stay in the background. The course was every bit as breath-taking as the prince suggested it would be, but once again, Scott was concentrating on the person.

"Of course," he answered when the prince asked about Scott's attention. "It shall be as you say." He gave Oliver a bit of a smart-assed smirk, but he busied himself with his camera and with taking note of where everything was so he could plan his shots without getting in their way.

It was a little bit odd to hear Oliver and his friend talk about his sister as they did. They seemed to think that the princess was a wild child. Perhaps she was; from how everyone talked about her, she was like a wild horse or a bird - she went where she wanted to, and no one could control her. Scott smiled to himself when Oliver told his friends that his sister definitely wouldn't marry either of them.

He studied the men, Tom and Geoffrey. It was odd to see Oliver with 'friends'. In Scott's mind, royalty didn't really have any, but he supposed they were simply 'people', weren't they? He took pictures and was glad that his digital was silent. He didn't want to throw off the prince's swing, otherwise he might not get a ride back to the main island! As the ball flew, he studied the prince and not the flight of the golf ball. How odd it must have been to grow up on this island.

Scott's mind turned to Rose. He enjoyed being with her; he loved the way she smiled and the way her laugh made his heart leap. It had only been, what... three days? Three days, and already she was the most important part of his eighty grand assignment. He sighed, and then drew his attention back to taking pictures.

Oliver and his friends played golf most of the time while they were on the course. Some times they would just stand around and talk about a car Oliver was working on or an event all the men had to attend soon. Both men were single so they also spoke of they were thinking of taking for a date. Adela's name came up a couple more times but conversations didn't revolve around her like the first conversation the men had.

After doing the first nine holes they got in the golf cart and drove to the main club house. Scott would notice the lack of people on the course but once they got to the club house he would see a barrage of people with cameras at the front gate waiting for their picture of the Prince and Lords that accompanied him. Oliver lifted his hand and waved to the cameras but he didn't stop to take pictures.

In the club house there were a few older men standing around in matching suit jackets sipping on whiskey and smoking cigars. They noticed the Prince's arrival but didn't ogle him. They were in a prestigious club; they knew better than to make any royal feel uncomfortable. They also knew they would be times when they were allowed on the golf course and that was so which ever royal in attendance could be left alone.

"This is why your sister needs to stay on the island. Those vultures follow her around." Tom said loud enough for the men around him to hear.

Oliver nodded dismissively like he was tired of the conversation and looked at Scott, "Are you hungry? You may eat with us, if you wish but no pictures." He pointed to the seat next to him and looked at Tom and Geoffrey.

"So how have you been getting on with the island? Have you done anything fun yet, Scott?" Tom asked. A round of beer was brought to the table and set down in front of the three men. The serve apologized and went to go get one for Scott as well.

There were only so many pictures of a man swinging a stick at a little white ball that one could take, and soon Scott found himself standing there, thinking of Rose and wishing he was back on the main island with her. When the men were talking about their event, Scott chanced to text her a quick message.

Wish I was nearly anywhere but here. Men and their balls... lol! Hope you're having a good morning.

He pocketed his phone and watched as they finished up. It was interested to note the differences between the paparazzi and the 'locals', who seemed to be overly bored at the prince's presence. They were watching him from the corner of their eyes, though; undoubtedly to share some juicy tidbit with their wives later that night.

Scott's attention was drawn to Oliver when he invited him to lunch. "Thank you Sir, that would be nice." He turned off his camera and popped the lens cap back on. In truth, the photos seemed to take themselves when interesting people were around, but at the moment he didn't feel like being on the other side of the camera. He was surprised when the prince offered him the seat next to him, but Scott took it and sat down. His camera wound up nestled between his feet to avoid being kicked.

"I like the island... and the people." He saw the server apologize and he felt a bit embarrassed at the man's discomfort, but he said nothing rather than risk making it worse. "Every day that I wake up is a fun day. Thank you for asking." He smiled at Tom but didn't elaborate, instead hoping to fade back into the background and simply listen to the friendly banter between them men.

Rose laughed when she got Scott's text in the middle of the day. She quickly replied to him, Don't be too hard on them. They don't know any better. They are Royal after all. Think of happier things :)

---

"Nothing but farmers on that island. This is not the island with the interesting people." To, informed him.

Geoffrey picked up his sentence, "Sebenia is the one with the interesting people."

Tom laughed, "Yes! The princess is quite fond of the interesting people over there. Isn't that right, Oli. The whole reason she is on that trip to the states."

"I'd advise you both to shove your fists in your mouths when speaking of things you know nothing about. We all know she is on holiday after graduating. That is all that need be said." Oliver said with finality but it didn't stop the men across from him from giggling. "Now order lunch so we can get back to golfing. I have plans with my wife tonight. And I'd rather not hear her complain about how I'm late again."

In no time the waiter came and took their orders. Their meals were promptly given to the shed with priority over any other meals. The conversation went back to golfing and other duties the men had to perform during the week.

The quick and angry exchange between Prince Oliver and his friends surprised Scott, but he simply pretended like he didn't hear a word of it and sipped on his glass of water. There was more to that story then they had let on; it was interesting, but certainly none of his business.

He tried not to choke at the prince's suggestion that they shove their fists in their mouths. Instead he looked up when the waiter came, and he ordered a club sandwich on rye when his turn to order came around. He listened with interest as the others talked, but he didn't add to the conversation unless a question was directed at him. As far as Scott was concerned he was of as much importance to them as any servant might be; in other words, none.

The rest of lunch went smoothly. The men talked and laughed on the lighter subjects of life before getting back on the gold course and finishing the last nine holes. The back half of the court gave a better variety of photos. The scenery seemed to change the higher the number on the course. They went from very few trees and a view of the ocean to many trees surrounded in shrubbery and flowers. The golf course was built in to the forest.

To add to the difficulty, and to protect the trees, they only cut down what they needed to make a path for the field. Some of the wild life stayed, like the little tree frogs and squirrels and some left retreating deeper into the trees like the birds. The flowers were all in bloom. Various colors and tropical types springing up all over the place. It was a person with allergies worst nightmare but it was beautiful.

After finishing the last nine the score was added. It was close but Prince Oliver won, not because the men let him but because he was a competitive person and he was very good at whatever he did. Tom and Geoffrey walked Oliver and Scott to the helicopter and saw them off before leaving in their cars.

There was a raw beauty to the back nine of the golf course. Scott found himself awed at the way the course was simultaneously pristine and groomed, yet wild and untamed. The contradictions in the design were what made it lovely.

Thankfully the men and the prince seemed more apt to simply play the holes through rather than to talk about marrying the missing princess or how much she enjoyed 'interesting people'. Even though he had never met the woman, Scott found himself feeling disdain for any man who would talk about a woman like that behind her back. It smacked of cowardice and self-import, two things that he did not find worthy of respect.

Once they were again in the helicopter he strapped on the safety harness and slid the earphones on. A quick text to Rose was sent, and then they were aloft once again.

~I made it! We're heading back to the main island soon. Any chance I'll get to see you today?~

He leaned forward and watched with interest at the prince's hands danced over the controls. Scott understood fixed wing aircraft, but he ha never taken an interest in helicopter flight. Not until he had sat behind the pilot, that was. He glanced up and across the water at the approaching island. It was beautiful to behold; like a hidden gem in the ocean.

You know where I will be. Rose replied.

Oliver landed the helicopter with out a hitch. Effortlessly maneuvering the mechanical beast on to the red H that marked it's parking spot. He got out and walked across the field towards the palace. He turned to face Scott, for a moment it looked like he was going to say something but he stopped himself. He started to walk away again before he turned around, "My wife and I will see you tomorrow for the couples photo shoot. Don't be surprised of she comes off rather bossy. We all have to deal with it. Just try not to be late this time." Oliver gave Scott a devilish smile and the really walked away.

Tobin stood by the palace doors. He watched the helicopter land and the Prince get out. He bowed when the Prince walked into the building and watched Scott. He fixed his jacket and walked out to the photographer. "We will have a lighting set up ready to go for the first royal couple photographs. In order to save time come early so you can adjust lighting how you see fit." It was obvious that it was Scott's time Tobin was trying to save it was Oliver and his wife's time.

"The maid said you didn't take dinner last night. You are not feeling ill are you? I hope you understand we cannot have you around the family if you are sick."

Scott could only nod to the prince's warning and mumble a 'Yes Sir' as he walked away. Tomorrow was the couple's shoot! Damn - he nearly forgot.

He walked to the palace and was greeted by Tobin. Perhaps 'greeted' was too strong a word.

At the gentleman's instructions Scott nodded. "Of course. I believe that the first round of photos are at seven, to catch the morning sun? I'll be here around six." He glanced at the palace doors, then back at Tobin. "Are the sets arranged yet? I'd like to look over the props tonight to ensure that they'll work, as far as colors and saturation go."

He was about to dismiss himself when Tobin asked him about feeling ill. "Oh... no... not at all. I had another appointment to make last night," he said. "Besides, the cake the cook had given me had enough calories to last the entire day. I was too stuffed to eat." Scott smiled in what he hoped was an easy-going, relaxed manner. "Don't worry. I'm quite certain that I am not ill. Not in the least."

For some reason his liaison with Rose made Scott feel guilty. He knew that she wasn't worried about it, but he was still concerned about getting her in trouble if the castle staff found out that she was seeing the royal photographer. He knew that he had to be more careful about meeting her. He'd hate to be the reason she lost the job of her dreams.

"Is there anything else?" He asked Tobin. He was itching to download the pictures and to review the setting for tomorrow's pictures. For some reason he couldn't wait to be done and on his 'own' time. He missed being with Rose that day; it was amazing how quickly he could grow to crave her company.

"They are being arranged now. I believe the library is finished save for a few minor touches but you can look at it if you wish. After Prince Oliver and his wife in library, you will photograph the King and Queen in the queen's garden, and his office at nine. Prince Andrew and his wife are the next day but it seems they cannot agree on a place so I will tell you where tomorrow." Tobin told him.

Tobin looked Scott for any signs of illness or fatigue. He didn't look like he was showing any symptoms of anything but he was still wary. "Very well." He said with not very trusting tone.

"Nothing else." Tobin said waiting for Scott to walk away before going back to his duties. "Ah, one more thing. The queen requests that you take a staff photo in front of the palace. She was surprised that they were so happy to be photographed by you and she thinks it would make a fine addition to the family portrait. I will have the new schedule sent to your room. That, is all." Tobin closed the door to the palace and walked off to tend to his duties.

The library was a much different place than the first time Scott saw it. It seemed even cleaner now. The maids were still hustling about making sure things were better than perfect. The seating was changed so the chairs were moved out of the room completely. There was an X on the floor designating where Scott would stand and a couch in front of it. Their were big black bags that held lighting equipment waiting to be set up. The curtains were open but there were shaders to balance out the lighting. Behind the couch was a massive new portrait of the King and Queen in a similar setting as what Oliver and his wife were going to be sitting in. There was nothing behind the couch to distract from the subjects of the pictures or cause any odd photobombs.

Scott nodded as he listened to Tobin's instructions. A moment after the servant/butler left, Scott went after him and opened the door. "Hey! I mean... Mr. Tobin Sir... what if we did an unconventional shot for Prince Andrew and Princess Abetha?" He caught up to Tobin and explained his idea. "I can see them on the top of Widow's Peak, either at sunrise or sunset." He slowed his words as the idea began to grow in his mind. "We could airlift the props for the shot as well as the Prince and Princess, dressed in their traditional costumes. I'd like to do a set with them in modern clothes too; something that reflects the passion in their marriage. Maybe the sorrow..." His eyes unfocused as he remembered the first time the saw the couple on the stairway.

"For that matter, I might like to take Prince Oliver and Princess Stephanie out of their element after the photo shoot, so make sure that they have their afternoon cleared of appointments." He paused and glanced up at Tobin. "And... will you let me know if the king has any plans to go birdwatching while I'm here? I'd like to go with him."

He smiled at the man, nodding as if that was all that he could think of. "Okay... so... thank you."

A few minutes later he was inspecting the library and adjusting things, noting the colors and the direction of the windows. After a quick check to see when sunrise was due to occur he was finally satisfied.

He swung by the kitchen, taking pictures of the staff as they worked in the castle, candids that most didn't realize were being taken, and then arriving at the main room where the staff was buzzing about their pictures and the dinner ahead of them. He saw the head cook and he grinned. "Hi Mrs. Beryl. Would it be alright if I made couple of sandwiches, if I kept out of your way? I really enjoyed the cake last night," he included. "I've never had a whole cake to myself before."

Scott moved to stay out of the way of the busy service staff. It seemed like they never got a chance to pause in their daily activities, but they all seemed rather content to be working for the royal family.

"Unconventional?" Tobin said as if he had never heard the word and it was giving him pain to say it. "Widow's Peak?" He asked aghast. For the first time the man showed emotion. Not a positive emotion but emotion. "I do not know who you have been talking to or where you have been going but asking the Prince and Princess to join you on a mountain of death of out of the question. And whatever tabloid you have been reading about sorrow in the family is remarkably exaggerated and nothing but lies. I will advise you to keep any thoughts you may have made from reading those lies to yourself." His eyes bored into Scott's with a fire like no other.

As butler, he saw himself as care taker. He had been in this household since the King was a boy and he watched this family grow. He knew there was sorrow in the relationship but Scott should not know that and he would make sure he found out who was telling Scott these things and get rid of him.

He took a deep breath and collected himself again. "I will see if they have time and I will ask if they would like more photographs taken. For safety measures you will let me and them know where you are going before this photo shoot of yours and if they do not approve you best have a back up plan." He said going back into his normal mode. "I am sure the King has some down time and I will let you know when he does. Then you can follow him while he does his bird watching."

Tobin nodded when Scott walked off and shook his head. His thoughts turning to how he knew of Widow's Peak or the sorrow between Andrew and Abetha. He watched the photographer walk off.

Mrs. Beryl smiled at Scott when he walked in the kitchen. "Of course. We make bread every morning and it goes in that pantry over there. The meat and cheese is in the fridge. If we don't have anything you want let me know and I'll be sure to get it." She smiled at Scott again. "I'm glad you enjoyed the cake. If you want another let me know. It's no trouble to make anything you want."

Mountain of death? True, it had a sad history, but the peak was also a mountain of hope, wasn't it? It was where the wives would wait and pray, hoping to see their husbands again. Scott took a step back and his eyes widened slightly at the Butler's accusations that he had been reading some tabloid. Even if he hadn't been told about the sorrow, it was evident in the way the couples interacted with each other.

He did little more than agree and nod, grateful that streams of fire did not shoot out of Tobin's eyes to sear him on the spot. Even as he was greeted by Mrs. Beryl, Scott had to wonder at the sudden change in the royal caretaker.

"Oh, thank you." Scott began to work on setting up some sandwiches for himself and Rose. "I don't want to add any more burden to what you already have to do every day," he explained, laying out the slabs of bread and putting smoked turkey, mozzarella, lettuce and tomato on the sandwiches. "Do you have a person who works on your day off? I mean, does the royal family ever give the staff a few days off and cook their own meals or wash their own dishes the way other families do?"

He began to wrap the sandwich in wax paper and tape the corners down to keep it moist as he queried the head cook. Scott took a moment to gently regard her. She had age to her, but she was still vibrant and sharp as a tack. He wondered what she was like when she wasn't at the castle. "Do you have a family, Ma'am? A husband and children?"

Scott had suddenly wanted to take pictures of the servants in their own homes, to contrast their lives at the castle with their 'real' lives. He could almost see the layout of the pages. On one side the crisp, formal shots of everyone at work. On the other side, pictures of them laughing with their families, their hair slightly in disarray and their expressions less guarded. The image of that quite enchanted him.

"It's no bother trust me." She told him and went back to rolling dough for biscuits. She laughed at his question, not a condescending laugh, "Son, I don't take days off their too boring. The staff get days off, of course. Sick leave, vacation time, maternity leave, all of it. Of course, generally when the family is away we aren't needed and we can go to our families. We aren't needed here all day and night either. It all works in shifts. The only time every one is here at the same time is when their is a party and all hands are needed." She tried to explain but didn't know if they came out very well.

"I do. My husband, Roman and my children. They all flew the nest a long time ago but they come back for holidays. They live on the other island. They think it's more fun their." She chuckled and shook her head. "When I was their age I was here working with my mother. I'm glad they flew the nest. I wouldn't change this for anything. I love working here. I'm just happy I can give them the education they need to do what makes them happy." She gave Scott a proud smile and started to cut out the biscuits.

"There are chips in the pantry if you want." She let him know. And neatly placed the biscuits on a cooking sheet and slid them in the oven. "How's my chicken?" She asked another chef who promptly checked the chickens in the oven. She continued to ask, 'How's my...' And asked for every dish that would be served for dinner.

"Peach cobbler for dessert. Should I save you a plate?" She asked Scott.

Scott had just finished wrapping up the sandwiches when Mrs. Beryl asked him about dessert. He nearly blushed. "That sounds really good, Ma'am, but I don't think I'll be back in time for dessert. Thank you, though." He slipped the sandwiches into a bag and had to resist giving the cook a peck on the cheek like he would have done for a favorite aunt. "But maybe if there's some leftovers I'll have a bite for breakfast?"

Once he was finished with the dinner he slid out of the kitchen and went to his room to pick up a few things he might need if he decided to stay at Rose's again, including a flashlight in case he had to come back to the castle for any reason. Then he made the short hike to her cabin just as the sun was nearing the horizon and turning the sky orange and gold.

Mrs. Beryl winked at Scott, "I'll make sure there are leftovers." She smiled happily and watched the young man walk out of the kitchen.

Rose watching the sunset in the scorpion pose. She achieved relaxation a while ago now she was just enjoying it. She heard foot steps coming from behind her and she took a deep breath. She slowly moved into a headstand position before putting her feet on the ground and standing up. She bowed forward to stretch her back the proper way and the stretched her arms above her head. She turned to the person and smiled when she saw Scott. She put her hands together and bowed to him, "Namaste."

She picked up her yoga mat and invited Scott in the cabin. "How was your day? Anything interesting happen?" She asked him getting a glass of water to sip on. "Want something to drink?" She asked him pulling out a glass just in case.

Scott had to pause for a moment to watch the beautiful strength and balance he saw in the way Rose was moving. He had a look of admiration and appreciation on his face when she finally turned to him and greeted him. "Is that a special word for 'you're never going to be able to do what you just saw'?" He teased, coming closer. "That was... amazing."

He set the bag of sandwiches on her table and his small bag of personal things next to her door. "It was an interesting day." He accepted a glass of water and indicated the bag. "I brought dinner, in case you didn't have anything yet. It's just a sandwich but..." he shrugged sheepishly.

"I'm not sure how much I can tell you, but Oliver seems like he's a good brother," he said, pulling the sandwiches out and handing her one of them. "He didn't fool around when his friends started to say things about his elusive missing sister that he didn't like. It was kind of nice to see, you know? For the first time he seemed like a real person who had real emotions. It was nice to see him stand up for her like that."

Scott took a drink of water and let out a low hum of happiness. "But all day I just couldn't wait to come back here and share what was left of the day with you. How about you? How was your day?"

Rose laughed and shook her head, "No. It means stopping watching me while I try to relax, perv." She teased. "Thank you. I'm sure with practice you could do that too. Once your body is used to it it's quite simple." She looked at the bag and smiled at him, "You didn't have to do that."

She listened to his day with a smile. "Really?" She asked trying not to act surprised. She tried to mask her emotions with a smile, "Well that's nice to hear. All of the brothers are fiercely protective of their sister. I would be surprised if he didn't stand up for her." She took a bite of her sandwich and smiled at Scott.

She thought back to her day and shrugged her shoulder, "It was peaceful. So it was perfect. After you left I sat naked on the roof and watched the sun continue to rise. Then I came back in showered and dressed. I went to town and read to an orphanage before coming back here. I did a few sketches of the flowers out back but nothing special. Finished my day off with some yoga and dinner with you."

She smiled at him again, "But next time bring food enough for yourself. I'm doing a full body cleanse. No more food for the next week or two depending on how I feel."

She sat naked on her roof? That was a horrible thing for him to have missed! He nearly choked on his bite of sandwich, and he had to flush it down with a long drink of water. The rest of her day seemed pleasant enough, but he was stuck on the image of her on the roof.

At her confession about the cleanse he shook his head. "Week or two? Are you nuts? You shouldn't fast for more than three days without a doctor, and you don't have to starve yourself to flush out the toxins in your body." He set his sandwich down and looked at her. "No... that's a really bad idea, Rose. You'd probably lose a pound a day and you can't afford to lose that much off your body. Besides, you might go into ketosis and start to break down the muscle fibers in you heart. Please... don't do that for more than seventy-two hours. I don't want you to hurt yourself."

He knew that he didn't really have a leg to stand on in asking her that, but the chance that she might do something dangerous and potentially harmful to herself was making him nervous. "Please, Rose. I'd hate to have you faint or hurt your system by doing this for so long."

"Relax. I have a book. I did the research. I know what I am going to eat to keep my body from eating itself. I doubt I will go longer than the week. I did it six months ago and had no idea what I was doing. I have a specialist helping me now and I will be fine. Okay? I know what my body can and can't take. I know when to stop pushing myself." She rubbed his cheek and kissed his forehead gently.

"You're cute when you're concerned." She wiped the corner of his mouth and leaned back against her counter. She drank her water and looked at Scott.

"Sebenia is beautiful isn't it? It's perfect this time of year. Flowers in bloom. The tourists are around but not too much. The water is perfect for surfing or snorkeling or paddle boarding. Maybe before you leave to go home I can take you over there as a tourist. So you can get knock knacks and stuff for the family back home."

Back
Top Bottom