Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A chance encounter. {babyletsplay & Traveler}

He nodded as he listened. "So Alex... he's back and he's upset that you're still not going to marry him." He drew in a breath as he considered all that she had overcome to be where she was now. "You're a strong person. It takes a lot to get through what you did and rebuild your life like you have."

The omelet arrived, and he waited until Starr had her breakfast as well before starting to eat.

A few moments later he paused. "Yeah, I know that we just met and everything but I don't want to mislead you. I'm divorced. I have a son who lives in Atlanta with my ex, but I won't be able to see him until after he's eighteen." He took a bite and chewed for a few moments, considering how to explain himself. "It's... my son thinks that her current husband is his father. It's a long, stupid story, but you should know up front that those events are in my life."

He took another bite of breakfast and waited, allowing her a chance to ask questions if she wanted to.

Starr looked at him unsure of what to say. was he beig sypethetic? No there was something behind htat voice. Worry and pure humble care. It was nice to hear that from him honestly. Starr smiled “Thank you I just take it one day at a time mostly” she admited beofre taking a bite of her french toast. then he went on about not wanting to mislead her. She listened to his story, well what he was willing to tell and waited util he was done speaking.

Finally she spoke with a smile. “Your not misleading me Drew. I’m not looking from or expecting something from meeting you today. I like talking to you, I like spending time with you. I just feel….” she stoped herself and only laughed shaking her head. “But thank you for letting me know, REally. Also I’m sorry to hear it that one thing I cant imagine is if I had a child to have him taken from me and have to leave him behind. I don’t truely know that pain, I have pain of my own but not that pain. But just know, I’ll be there for you as you have been for me” She smiled before taking a bite of her toast

He smiled at her and shook his head. "I just want a friend - nothing else." Drew poked at his omelet as he figured out the wording of what he wanted to say. "Besides, someone has to help you get around while we fix up that clunker of yours. If I ever need a ride you can return the favor."

"Are you teaching today? I'm going to go by the garage and take a look at your car. If you want you can tag along and see what the damage is, but if you have things to do then I can drop you off." He shrugged. "Or if you need a car you can use my truck. I'll have the garage truck to get around if I really need anything, and I'm not worried you'll steal my truck." With that he chuckled. "I mean, I know where you live."

A small chuckle escaped her throat. “Yes, Ill have to remember that!” She took a sip of her drink. “I actually work today around…..” She looked down at the watch on her wrist. Her eyes got big, “Now! I’m late!” she told him as she took one more sip of her drink and grabbed her wallet before placing some money down. then grabbing the toast. “I work just down the street. I can walk. But it would be a great help if you pick me up around 845 to take me home! This one is on me. A thank you for helping me out so much!” With the toast in her mouth she left before he could reply.

Starr made it just in time before her clients appointments arrived. She Quickly got her class started. she taught her students well and they listened and learned quickly. today was the older of the age groups. She worked on a routine they have been working on, a mixture of hip hop, and clasical routine.

The class seemed to go slower than usual but finally it ended at 8. Once everyone had left she decided to turn on some music and wait for Drew. But she couldn’t resist the music’s call and ended up standing and begining to dance. She had to take it slow due to her injury. she began to get into it by jumping and twirling. sure she would dance in her class but never too straining on her knees like this… On one of the jumps Starr landed too hard on her bad leg and ended up loosing balance and falling. “Oww!”

She flew out of there like a bird escaping a tower, and he had barely comprehended what was going on when she left. Andrew sat down slowly, ignoring the strange look that her friend the waiter had given them. He finished breakfast since he hadn't planned for lunch that day. Or dinner either, and though he did make an income at his job he wasn't exactly what anyone would call 'comfortable'. Then he went to work and did what he could to help out the shop owner.

Truthfully he knew that he was just spinning in the mud in that little town. Drew knew that he needed to get some real direction in his life, but he had felt like he was drifting in some warped dream every since he got released and came home.

When eight forty-five rolled around he was pulling into the dance class parking lot down the street. He could hear the music coming through the window, and he paused outside and watched Starr spinning and then she jumped--

And fell hard.

Drew rushed inside. He recognized the surprised cry of pain that came from her lips when she landed. Part of him was convinced that he heard a 'pop' as well, but he chalked it up to paranoia. "Starr!" He knelt beside her and braced her with his arms. "Can you stand?" He slid his arms around her waist, under her arms, and waited to see if she thought she could stand or not. "You're not going to let yourself have a good week are you?"

He smiled at her. "I can take you to Urgent Care if you can't stand on that leg. You don't need to aggravate your injury any further."

Back
Top Bottom