Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Interstellar Flight (Mr. M & missedstations)

"A drink it is," he said affably. "And taking cuttings could be a challenge, yeah. Certainly different from my usual methodology." At that point, his HALO bleeped. It was a message from Lewellyn. "Although all that might have to wait," he said, his demeanor changing. "It appears our researcher has located something, and wants to see us right away."

Lewellyn met them in the same office, and wasted no time on preamble. She tossed a data-chip across the desk, saying simply. "There are the coordinates and the background data, but let me summarize: your ex-husband, Ms. Kostukova, ran afoul of the Green Lotus Clan, one of the Yakuza syndicates operating out in this section of the galaxy. I do not have information on whether or not he is still alive, but I do have a planet where his ship was last seen, and it was not information that was easy to obtain. Green Lotus is undergoing... conflict. Young bucks vying for dominance, the usual hormonal slash power hungry crap." She looked disgusted, but only slightly; very little seemed to disturb her habitually unreadable expression. "You can jump there, but I have no suggestions on what to do once you arrive."

Taggart nodded. "I presume that everything you do know is on this chip?" At Lewellyn's nod, he looked to Ilena. "Is there anything you'd like to ask off the top, boss?"

Back
Top Bottom