Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Maybe your Published-Novelist partner (now I'm curious to know who it might be! >.> ) is quite content to engage in a less-stressful environment such as this because there's no pressure on her to perform...so-to-speak.

Sync said:
Maybe your Published-Novelist partner (now I'm curious to know who it might be! >.> ) is quite content to engage in a less-stressful environment such as this because there's no pressure on her to perform...so-to-speak.

Very true, there's a big difference between the two, and there's many on here and E who possess the talent, and maybe one day will be published authors. So it's more just the fact that they've actually done it, like all of those authors whose books I've become lost in reading ever since before I could walk, that makes me me think, "Then whey the fuck would you want to write with a plodder like me."

As to who it is, it's on E, though I don't like throwing names around, particularly as really the reason for the post was simply to clear my own head rather than bring attention to anyone else, so in that vein did intentionally keep it vague, xD

Ah, that one time of the year when I'm glad Australia remains a Constitutional Monarchy; a day off work on Monday for the Queen's Birthday!

And Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, or Lizzie, as we prefer to call her, does have a sense of humour:

CS4_zLXVAAAXlnA.png

Actually, she's not joking!

Though, truth be told, I'd give up the Holiday in a heartbeat for Australia to cut ties with the Monarchy as I'm - and this may come as a shock! - about as much a fan of Monarchies as I am of Religion, particularly as the two are often historically intertwined.

quote-man-will-never-be-free-until-the-last-king-is-strangled-with-the-entrails-of-the-last-priest-denis-diderot-50742.jpg

Both belong back in the Dark Ages

So, the week after next we've got an all staff, two-day conference for work, to be held in a small town a couple of hours away with all expenses including accommodation, drinks and dinner paid for. Not really my thing, and the types of event I avoid if I can, but this one I can't so will make the most of it and should actually be quite fun.

The only problem is that as part of the event, Dinner is a retro-themed and the House I'm in has decided that we'll attend as either Pimps or Hoes. Now that's not a problem in itself, but I'm having a hell of a time on deciding just what costume to buy, and what would most suit.

NzonCEp.jpg

tEDbBBr.jpg

Why is the struggle to pick the right outfit for an occasion always do damn real! I'm leaning towards the first, but then the second is on sale for only $19.95!

Sync said:
A "Pimps and Hoes" costume party, hmm...?

How did that one gets past the PC-brigade? >.>

It's a retro theme and it's just our 'House' who'll be attending as Pimps and Hoes, which we've kept a secret so far, and I've no idea what other retro themes the others have chosen.

Possibly the most politically incorrect part of the entire event is that the person who remains soberest at the dinner is also the least likely to still have a job upon return! xD

My obsession with the original Internet Killers story having been mentioned once or twice (thrice? More?) on this journal, a couple of people have asked how the reprisal is going on E.

Although the original premise and starting point is pretty much the same, the story has a completely different vibe as does the dynamic between the two characters, with there being an intent in the story for much greater character development and a depraved romantic relationship rather than a continually antagonistic one.

Of course, given the theme, it's still intended to be incredibly dark and provocative, this one potentially even more so than the original. So, all in all it's going great, although I'm not sure if my partner telling me my character is 'deliciously arrogant' is an insult or compliment! I guess it really is easier to write what you know! :)

Anyways, my latest post to Dulce Periculum, one that I'm quite proud of!

Dulce Periculum[/color]]

What did she want?

What did he want?

Todd contemplated both questions. Had he, akin to a petulant child, intended his response only to taunt her because she'd refused to give him the attention he craved. That he'd sensed a challenge and wasn't a man to allow anyone to get the better of him?

Or had he worded it with another purpose in mind, because the woman had awakened his own curiosity and he'd been intuitively attracted to her obvious intelligence, but did not want to give up control of the conversation.

Keeping an eye on the computer screen, Lowry couldn't decide if he'd be more content without a reply, happy in the knowledge that she must have truly believed him to be a monster and that had frightened her off, or if he'd prefer to continue the exchange.

Only when he began to tap the floor impatiently with his foot and curse her under his breath did Todd realise the answer. His message demanded a reply and he wouldn't be going to bed that night until she'd either responded or he'd ascertained one wasn't forthcoming.

He heard the ping before he saw the message box pop up and propelled forward in the chair, once more throwing Biggles from his lap. The cat hissed as it somersaulted, before it landed on it's feet, graced him with a disdainful look and scurried away. A second later, the cat flap leading to the balcony banged in its frame, however Todd didn't notice. Attention fixated on the screen, he simultaneously scanned her reply and opened the file attachment.

A shiver snaked its way down his spine, ice filled his veins and Todd jumped to his feet, staring at the image in shock before he jerked his head around to focus on the balcony doors, expecting a SWAT team to burst through the glass. The necklace he'd just sent, returned in kind. There was no doubt it was the same, the one he'd last seen in person hanging around Cherise's neck, smeared with the young woman's blood. Todd shivered again, took a deep breath, walked to the doors, drew the curtain and peered down at the city below. No red-and-blue flashing lights surrounding the building.

What the fuck was going on?

Once the initial shock receded and the hair on his arms stopped bristling, the killer's logical mind took over.

The authorities throwing out bait for him to take as he'd contemplated earlier?

If so, how how had they come to be on the board, or link the message and the killer of Cherise McMahon together. As far as Todd knew she remained in the forest, and even if the young woman's body had been discovered since he last checked there wouldn't have been time enough for the police of FBI to lay a trap. It didn't make sense.

Coincidence, providence, fate?

The man exhaled, let the curtains drop, admonished himself to calm down and returned to the laptop.

I didn’t know what I was looking for. But now I do. I want to know why. I spend my life working out how, where, when. But why? That, I don’t understand, I can’t understand. It frustrates me. You don’t frighten me; but never knowing what’s in the box? Walking away and forever having it out of my grasp – that does.

Will you show me?

Attributing no intent other than for that expressed in text on the screen, the last sentence sent a thrill through Todd Lowry.

Will you show me?

Not just attention, but a witness to his depravity. A fantasy he'd once held, but long ago cast off aside as too dangerous. Was it possible?

Who was she, and what did she really want? Just to talk and have him explain his actions, to simply find out why he did what he did.

Or did she truly mean, 'show her'.

Todd quickly opened up another browser tab and initiated a search of local news websites. He located it on the third. A breaking news story. Just a headline, Human Remains Discovered In State Forest, followed by a brief paragraph.

From the details of the location provided, unless there were two serial-killers out there, it had to be Cherise McMahon. The fact that story was time-stamped only a couple of hours previously provided Todd further comfort that there'd been no opportunity for the authorities to set up a sting, but how'd she get the necklace.

Where would they take Cherise's remains?

That answer came to him quickly - the morgue -, and when Todd reviewed her previous statements it started to come together.

The photo of the dead man.

Mutilates and cleans up the messes.

A couple of hours of practice.

Pure guesswork, but the pieces fit. Now, how to respond or if he should. Todd had taken too much care to remain invisible to the authorities to put himself out there that easily.

"Come on Mr Biggles." The cat, forgiving its owner's earlier indiscretion, poked its head back through the cat-door and followed him to his bedroom. He'd sleep on it.

Four hours later, Todd sat at the kitchen dining table with a steaming coffee mug in hand, having come to a decision. His sleep had been fitful as the imaginings of what could be refused to allow the man's mind to cease wandering. As long as he remained careful, there was no harm in continuing to talk and see where it led.

Quid pro quo?

Quid pro pro.

I appreciate you not mocking my failed attempts at Latin; the disadvantages of public education and not having attended medical school. How is the graveyard shift at the morgue, do the dead speak?

He'd appear an idiot if his conclusions were incorrect, but deductive reasoning told Todd that he'd at least be in the right ballpark.

Not afraid; I'm unsure whether to admire that claim, or believe it foolish.

You want to know why, why?

What Universal Law states there has to be a reason. Can it not just be?

Some men take up golf, some play squash, others collect companies and mistresses. I rape, torture and kill. It's a hobby.

The simple answer is, because it feels good. In those moments when I'm in complete control over the decision between life or death, pain or suffering, mercy or compassion, there is no other feeling that can compare or come close to the pleasure. Not the most intense orgasm you've experienced, a million times over. It's more addictive than heroin.

Does that sate your curiosity?

Or do you really want to know how it feels?

I can't deny what you say does hold appeal, and I could show you. However, we'd first we'd need to build some mutual trust, don't you think?

So, I wonder, do you have access to Cherise's corpse? I hope for the sake of our budding relationship that you do, because I'd like to see how she looks. Please send pictures. No specific requests, but do use your imagination and be creative. Make me laugh.

Quid pro quo. I'll share in return and I'm certain we'll both agree that Cherise is (was?) more photogenic alive.

To help prove that point and provide motivation for her to accede to his request, Todd returned to the folder of j-peg files. This time he selected an image of Cherise McMahon taken just after they'd arrived in the forest. Fully dressed, with arms bound to a tree and an expression of shock and confusion on her face, tears streamed down her cheeks and terror-filled green eyes stared directly into the lens.

That visual, and the memories it stirred in him of Cherise kicking, screaming, crying, begging and pleading in agony and fear for hours after it was taken aroused Todd every time, and the pictures he'd asked for of her now inanimate - therefore useless - body were of no particular interest. Except for his belief that no-one involved in Law Enforcement, no matter their desperation to catch a killer, would dare deliberately desecrate a corpse or disrespect the grieving family of a murder victim. Nor those in possession of a normal human capacity for empathy. Would she?

Todd hesitated, then tapped the send button. Having a schedule full of appointments, he'd be unable to log back on to the dark web until he returned home, which would leave him to deal with a state of anticipation and impatience for the next eight hours at least.

When he bade his feline companion goodbye and stepped out the apartment door, that annoyance was tempered somewhat by the certainty that he'd be able to discover through normal public news sources precisely which facility Cherise's remains had been delivered to, and hence, the employee records he'd hack later than night.

I enjoy it when I randomly hear a song in the background of a tv show I can't recall having heard before that I can't stop until I find out what it is. Not sure why, but this particular stupid song brings a toe-tapping smile to my face.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoHhGmaugz8&list=RDIoHhGmaugz8[/video]

Survived the conference, and it was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I'm told I make a great pimp and along with my brethren and our hoes, won a dance off against the Double-Denims at our after dinner retro trivia/games night

And, just so I won't be the only one who won't be able get these tunes out of my goddamn head for the next week or so, I thought I'd share the songs we were given to perform to!

How can you not love 70's and 80's music.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oKPYe53h78[/video]

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QINoUyrP0BI[/video]

Have a few PM's and story replies to get to, which I should hopefully catch up with in the next few days, though most of the latter these days are on E. I wonder how this random bullshit thread (and my RT!) would be taken there. The second, not so well, I imagine!

Not directed towards any individuals or as a rant, more just a head-clearing observation. I can't express exactly what it is but I've found the tone of BMR to have substantially changed in the last few months, and not for the better. A few long-term members leaving, and it also seems to have slowed down, giving off a 'dead' vibe. I thought it might just be me for a while, but a few others, including some of those who have subsequently left, have mentioned the same thing. However, none of us can quite put our finger on precisely what it is. If we could, we'd articulate that and suggest ways for it to be fixed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, had a nice weekend. Mum came up Thursday, and for yesterday and last night, actually deigned to stay with me, rather than my brother! Could have something to do with the fact that, whilst the conference was on and I was away last week, I paid for a cleaner to come in and give my place a full spring-clean! :) Not really, she usually stays at the kennels, to help out and as he has more more room, plus the kids, but he didn't have them last night and had already planned to spend the evening with his new partner. Anyways, the place looks even cleaner now that Mum's been and gone!

Don't you just love it when you're told you spelt a word wrong, such as:

"Centred.'

Maybe I have, or the alternative is that I just happen to be using Proper English! Not all of us hail from the US of A, or use American English, so before you get all pedantic, it might first be worth checking your facts!

And while I'm having a little vent, a phrase that I've stumbled across a few requests for lately that makes me want to barf;

"Traditional gender roles"

Traditional gender roles. I cannot even begin to articulate how much I fucking loathe that expression, and the implications/meaning behind it.

Instead, how about we try something different and join in on the 21st Century, where civilisation has progressed to the delightful stage where (in most countries!) it's now illegal to stone women to death for being the equal of men?

Oh no, I'm sorry, stupid idea, what was I thinking! :)

A couple of my stories on here are on hiatus, leaving me pretty much only one active at the moment, so considering something I've never done before. One of my E partners, who I was (and still am!) concerned about being able to keep up with surprisingly and out-of-the blue said she really enjoyed my style and thought we wrote well together, so wondered if I'd be interested in taking on a second story with her. I'm leaning slightly towards saying yes, though am still hesitant.

Due to the way I compartmenalise each story in my mind and associate each partner with a particular pairing/set of characters, it's something I've always avoided. I really don't know how I'd go having two with the same person, it could totally drive me around the bend. However, then she is interested in one my Parody concepts - Good Guy Lucifer - so that might just tip me over the edge. We'll wait and see.

Otherwise it's quiet as far as possibilities go. What becomes the most frustrating is when people do tell me they enjoy my writing and would like to collaborate with me, however, won't compromise on playing anything other than 'submissive females'. Why it's okay to expect male characters to portray rapists or men intent on nothing but seducing a female and fucking her until she starts to like it, but the second you ask a female character to display some independent sexual agency, that makes them a 'cock-craving slut, and I don't play those,'' I'll never understand. With the latter, the first is not synonymous with the second, though many appear to believe it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randomly connected to the above paragraph, stumbled across this today. Not sure about anyone else, but I found it amusing :)
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doYkrYCw3W4[/video]

One of the reasons I'm glad I live in Australia, I don't have to worry about wondering if I call the police to report a crime, they'll end up shooting me dead whilst I'm unarmed and dressed in my pajamas.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYqarRp0s74[/video]

]

OjhRjnu.png

What's most interesting, particularly in regards to the UK where Bobbies don't carry guns at all is that whilst the per capita shootings by police are much lower there and in Australia, that doesn't appear to equate to them being in more danger. According to police memorials not a single UK or Australian police officer was killed in the line of duty in 2015.

Why such a vast difference?

Well, I do have my thoughts, which I won't share here, but I will tell you something else.

If you try to take my gun (or concealed carry permit, because we all need one of those to keep the community safe) away, you'll have to prise it from my cold, dead hands!

I've known from childhood that my preferences vary markedly from most, and my value of independence of thought means I never have been, nor ever will be, a person to feign interest in the popular just to be seen as 'one of the crowd'. At times it can be quite isolating, however, although rare, it's well worth it on the odd occasion that I do happen to run across a certain article or opinion that lets me know I'm not totally alone on this Earth.

As I just did browsing news.com.au.

Warning: Possible offensive content. Thank (the non-existent) God for Freedom of Speech.

Original article found here:

SURELY I can’t be the only person in the world who thinks Game of Thrones is one of the lamest shows ever created. I refuse to watch this rubbish.

OPINION:

FROM what I have gathered, Game of Thrones is a medieval fantasy show that has magic, dragons, sword battles, boobs and incest.

Admittedly I am a big fan of one of those things, but is it enough to make me endure seven seasons of some imaginary rubbish? Hell no!

As you might have gathered, I am one of the few people who has not jumped on the Game of Thrones bandwagon and I can proudly say I never will.

To be fair I streamed the first three episodes of the show after all of the hype that flooded my social media made me feel like I was missing out on something spectacular.

However, those three episodes were all I needed to see to figure out Game of Thrones is one of the lamest programs ever created — emphasis on lame and ever.

When I explain my distaste for the show, fans tell me I need to watch more than just three episodes to get hooked like every other sheep on the planet.

But if a show needs a whole season to grab your attention is it really that good?

Furthermore, these people need to understand I absolutely loathe Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit , Star Wars and every other dirt fantasy movie/show ever made.

So this means no amount of episodes are going to spark my interest in this atrocity of a genre.

Of course Game of Thrones fanboys can’t accept this and often try to convince me the show has less emphasis on magic and sorcery than I have been led to believe, with more focus put on battles of good and evil, political intrigue and the characters themselves.

Again, I couldn’t give a single shit about these facts because the show is still set in some horrible fantasy kingdom that does nothing but evoke yawns from sheer boredom.

Game of Thrones has dragons, but I fail to care because I am not six years old.

The saddest argument I am confronted with from people defending the series is that there is heaps of nudity, which is something they believe should appeal to my inner-delinquent.

And while I admit there is a certain amount of joy that comes with seeing boobies on my 65-inch OLED, I can easily find the same enjoyment online or, heaven forbid, in real life.

Plus if seeing a naked person was my motive for watching a TV show, I would opt for quality television like The Sopranos or Californication, not some show with “ice demons” — LMAO.

With the first episode of season seven already downloaded 90 million times and with it crashing servers around the world from demand, it’s clear I am a minority.

But, the internet is helpful in letting me know I am not alone with my hatred of this trash.

While there are a number of high profile people who have voiced distaste for the show, Lucy Lawless’ scathing review has to be among my favourite.

Despite playing Xena the Warrior Princess, Lawless has previously savaged Game of Thrones.

“I tried, but there were dragons in it. I just can’t get excited about things like furries and dragons. It put me off,” she said, reported Uproxx.

If you are reading this article and think you can change my mind, don’t even try.

I am comfortable with my decision to boycott the series and would rather spend my limited free time streaming something worthwhile or doing mundane chores around the home, because even that is more exciting than whatever goblin incest is featuring on GoT.

However, there is one exception to my rule. If I could get an advanced screening of the final episode of Game of Thrones, I would watch it just to leak spoilers to send my social media into meltdown. Actually, I don’t even think that would be worth enduring the utter crap.

Thanks to Mali for this, as I missed it. I really have no idea why people think Australia scary!

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyNFgJb7amk[/video]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have only two stories active on here at the moment, and have pretty much given up all hope of ever finding another, meaning that my enthusiasm for BMR is probably at the lowest point it's ever been, particularly as the site seems to have flatlined in the last few months, and I'm finding myself becoming more enamoured with E. However, as I mentioned to someone yesterday, whilst I do still have the awesome partners and friends here that I do, I will not be going anywhere. You all mean too much to me. xD

Talking about E stories, another post to Dulce Periculum that I'm proud of, mostly because of the reaction it got from my partner.

Warning: Extremely dark content.

Dulce Periculum[/color]]

Uncertain of Hannah's intent or if she'd contact him again, a burden lifted from Todd's mind when she did. However, the man remained pissed, not so much with her as with having allowed the woman to affect him as she had. He was a man who needed to be in charge and in a short space of time she'd seemed without even trying to take that from him and fuck with the view he held of himself. Todd Lowry didn't need anyone, didn't want anyone, relied on no-one and did what he wanted, when he wanted, totally on his own terms. He despised her for that, but simultaneously craved more of Hannah McKay and the dichotomy waged a war in his brain. Eventually the former won out. Todd would control when the next contact occurred.

He anticipated a swift reply and when it came, couldn't help but excitedly see what she had to say. "Fuck." The honesty struck him immediately, and the excuses made total sense. It didn't matter, however, she could still have found the time, and he focused on Hannah's confessions of arousal. Todd scanned the lines again and again, reading Hannah's admissions of becoming wet at the thoughts of murder, of her visions of sticking a blade in his victim as he raped her. Most surprising to Todd was how his cock began to strain the fabric of his trousers. For the first time in living memory the thought of a woman being wet with arousal had elicited an erection. Instinctively, he pulled the laptop closer, and tapped at the keys.

It took him a moment to catch himself and erase what he'd typed as his gaze focused on the last sentence of his previous post.

The next time you'll hear from me, one your peers will be dead.

Unambiguous.

What would it say about Todd if he replied after that, if all the words he wanted to say poured out and he asked all the questions that consumed him. What would she think of him, what would he think of himself? That he was a weak-willed, pussy-whipped man at the beck and call of a woman? The type of male Todd Lowry had mocked at High-School and College when, even back then, he'd simply taken what he wanted. A woman walking the street late at night, a drunk student at a Fraternity party, anonymous, sudden and brutal. Until that hadn't been enough to sate his desires and he'd graduated to torture and murder. No, the bitch could fucking wait.

Steeling his resolve, Tood shut down the computer to avoid further temptation and soothed his unease with the comforting warmth of Mr Biggles, scratching under his chin and nuzzling the top of his head.

Hannah McKay wasn't going anywhere.

And she need not wait long.

Just one night.

Ellie Shaw, her name was. Twenty-one years old with shoulder-length dark hair, slim body and long, lean legs, displayed by the short red skirt that barely covered her ass cheeks as she walked.

Avoiding the Crown, so as not to be recognised from before, he chose another establishment, but the crowd was of an identical ilk. College students acting rowdy and shooting tequila, dancing, flirting and hooking up with each other, taking no notice of the unassuming lone figure who sipped on a beer.

She left just before midnight and by 1am was dead.

Todd left her naked corpse by the river, legs and arms spread. His semen dribbled out of her ravaged and bleeding cunt, and bite marks covered her chest and breasts. Ellie's hair was matted from where he'd dunked her in the river, drowning the girl to the brink of unconsciousness before he jerked her up and allowed her to regain her senses. Only to dunk her again as all the while he savagely violated her ass and pussy.

The only regret he possessed was that in such a public location, he had to ensure she mostly remained silent, and he couldn't spend as much time with her as he wished. However, it was enough for her to plead, beg and cry through the pale blue thong he'd balled in her mouth. He wondered if Hannah would get the irony of the wet underwear when she reviewed the body at the morgue, or appreciate the red satin bow he'd tied around the garment before, at the end, he'd shoved the cloth so far down Ellie's esophagus that forceps would be required to retrieve it. Ellie was his gift to Hannah McKay, raped, beaten and suffocated to death with her own panties.

When Ellie's brain finally gave up its futile struggle for oxygen and she fell limp, Todd departed as silently as he'd approached, leaving her to be discovered by the first student who veered off the beaten path in the morning, barely within the boundaries of the College Campus. Rather than the usual letdown he felt after the adrenaline of taking a woman left his system, the man's excitement remained. He had a friend to message.

After arriving home, showering, and throwing his damp, muddied and blood-stained clothing in a black garbage bag to be disposed of later, he decided not to reveal the full details of his night's excursion to Hannah. A matter of control, of being the one in charge, to force her to ask questions and display the eagerness he desired.

He didn't bother with a greeting either.

Satisfaction is everyone's responsibility to assume for themselves, you can't rely on another to provide it. Only to learn from them what it is that you need. Mine came early, I've always known that the suffering of others arouses me both intellectually and physically. From the time I saw a girl fall down in the schoolyard and break her ankle. I stood there, entranced, as she screamed. For not coming to her aid I was reprimanded, however, that taught me a valuable lesson, the requirement to hide the truth from others, to act normal, and over the years I've perfected it. Not even my family suspect what I'm capable of or who I am beneath the facade. I was six years old.

Does it concern me a woman being bone dry as I fuck her? No, it's what I crave, the agony caused by ravaging their unprepared, unwilling holes. Which makes it kind of strange, don't you think, that your arousal, your honesty, turns me on. That you get wet thinking of what I do. Why is that, Hannah, is it because we are birds of a feather? Why does it turn me on to imagine you fingering yourself and moaning my name in ecstasy as you watch? Why, when never before have I cared about a woman's pleasure, but only about how much I can make her hurt?

That wasn't the only enticing possibility Hannah had provided. Ever since the last conversation, another of her statements had stuck in his brain. Her medical expertise, the ability to stitch them up and to keep a victim alive for an eon, forcing her to endure torture as brutal and vicious as he wished, not for hours, but for days or weeks. Until he became bored of them, or they ended up too damaged to be of any more fun. Surely even the best surgeon couldn't continue to put Humpty Dumpty back together again for eternity.

You, Ms McKay, you are one twisted, depraved fuck. I've spoken of keeping them for hours, you allude to weeks, months, years.

Are there limits to what the human mind and body can endure?

Just how long could you keep them alive, what damage could you repair?

Maybe one day I'll be fortunate enough to discover those answers.

Returning to my ability to soak a woman's panties, you may soon hear more about that on the news.

Was she there, and if so, would she answer?

I'm so glad I declined a few approaches for a reprisal of Internet Killers, and waited for one that felt would be the right fit. Todd Lowry is turning out to be probably the most complex character I've ever written. Is it strange that I find his type easier to write than others, not sure what says about me, although I do simultaneously find the intensity draining. Things should really get interesting when they finally meet in person :).

Ah, the logic of politics.

Legalisation of same-sex marraige has been on the agenda here for a few years now, with the possibility of it being legalised by allowing a simple conscience vote -, which could happen virtually tomorrow, at no cost - of Parliamentarians, rather then require them, as as is usually the case, to 'follow party lines'.

But, no that is too simple, and the current Government has decided that they'need 'to ask the people', by way of a plebiscite. (Haven't the people already spoken by voting you in?)

But, holding an in person one, which is similar to an election and compulsory, would be way too expensive so instead it appears they're going to hold a postal plebiscite. That means, they'll send out voting letters to the 8 million or so registered voters, who have to fill them out and return them, only costing about $120 million dollars.

The catch is that to return it is not compulsory, and how many who don't particularly care either way won't bother returning them at all? Much lessening the odds of receiving the 50% +1 the majority of all registered voters that's required for a 'yes'.

Oh, and the second catch is that even if the postal plebiscite is successful with a 'yes' Parliament can still reject it. So really, it only allows them to have that free vote mentioned above.

What's worse, judging by what I heard on the radio on the way into work yesterday is going to be the bullshit flying around in the meantime. Unfortunately ignorance still abounds, and as much as I'd like to see same-sex marriage legalised to allow deserved equality for those within the LGBT community, I as much want to see it legalised to piss of those who gain their 'values' and 'morals' from, and think it okay to discriminate against others because they believe in, some two-thousand year old myth about an arrogant, power-hungry, misogynistic, psychopathic, jealous, insecure, needy prick. Otherwise known as 'God', and partly the reason the politicians have been too gutless to decide the issue themselves.

Send us to war without asking, sure, but don't dare risk the possibility of irking those who still believe in a Magic Man in the Sky when we're talking about basic human rights.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, now that's out of the way :)

Have picked up another story on E, and looks like it's going to be another dark one, about retribution. Double-retribution, actually. Talking about dark stories, it was funny, when editing my Internet Killers post, I noticed that one of my other partners was reading it, one that I'm doing a consensual, more fluffy and lighthearted plot with.

My immediate reaction was, "Shit, I hope her seeing me writing this dark depraved shit doesn't turn her off," which I know was dumb, but still it made me think about how so many people seem to only want to write the same kind of characters/themes/personalities (yes, I am looking at you, 'submissive females') over and over again, ad nausem, whereas variety is the spice of life for me, and I attempt to write males in each story whose personality, motivations, actions and mindset differ from the others I have in play.

Therefore, I don't look for dominant, submissive or switch characters, or put any of those names to mine. I despise labels, people are more complex than that, and rather than designate characters with one-note unchangeable roles before the first post even hits the page, I much prefer to write against those who are three-dimensional people with their own motives, wants and desires, prepared to let the cards fall where they may as the story evolves, regardless of what the author of them may or not 'be' in real life. Isn't that the entire point of fiction? Definitely where the fun and challenge in creative writing lies for me.

Does it not get fucking boring to portray what's virtually nothing more than the same person in the same story every single time?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heading to the coast for the weekend to visit Mum, and also to catch up with my Aunt and Uncle who are down there. Looking forward to way too much food, many awkward hugs, lots of intrusive questions and annoying pinches of the cheek. And then there's my Aunt!

Will be around to read PM's (and bump my threads!), but only on my phone with its microscopic keyboard and screen making any more than three words an onerous task to type or read anything on, and mostly incommunicado between now and my Monday

Have a great weekend all :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not exactly a music aficionado, so only heard this song for the first time on the radio about a week ago, then it took me five days to find out what it actually was and who it was sung by.

When I did, especially after realising that it came from a member of One Direction, I wondered if I actually should like it as much as I had on first hearing, but what the heck, I still do. It's got that melancholy note to it that always attracts me to music.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN4ooNx77u0[/video]

Still can't believe that, after careful consideration, I knocked back the opportunity to partake in an older woman/younger guy(s) gangbang scenario writing opposite an enthusiastically willing and non-submissive female character!

I don't know, although I'm unlikely to see that combination offered up again in my lifetime - generally speaking, stumbling across even one of the three is a rarity the equal of this week's solar eclipse - I decided in the end that it was too one-note to maintain my interest for long, Not helped by the fact that the preference was for it to be written in PM's.

Maybe I should have taken it on for the novelty factor alone?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn. I love it when I'm feeling a little down about my inability to find compatible partners, and start to attribute much of it to what must be my obviously crap writing, a collaborator unknowingly totally restores my confidence with an off-the-cuff comment, reminding me why it's definitely worth holding out for those I do mesh with, both IC and OoC. Thank you, you truly have no idea what a positive impact those few words had, and would possibly remain blissfully unaware as to precisely what I refer even if you were on BMR to read this :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, tut-tut Mali, since I've been stalking you and see you've found your Dolly, for our next the only option now left is for me to play a you-know-what:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3y_odGfaK8[/video]

Malicious Lullaby said:
Pfft. I guess you do. But I wear the pants in this relationship. And I say no!!!

Fine, Fine!!!

Guess I'll just have to portray a crazy ventriloquist and his freaky dummies then! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why, oh why, do I still receive messages from people who read my threads, and in their initial approach hit me with:

"I play submissive...but"

What is so hard to understand that I don't care about the 'buts'.

If you label your characters with the word submissive - without prompting, and after having read my threads, mind you - don't get all pissy with me when I take you at your word and politely say I'm not interested.

If you don't mean it as it's defined, then don't use the fucking word.

But to claim that I should be interested, that the word is a 'trigger', likened to Pavlov's dogs, or somehow it's down to 'me' and my other 'bad experiences' or "having my perceptions coloured' is far off the mark and simply a way to attempt to claim your own righteousness. As to making unfounded assertions simply because I (to reiterate, politely and without rancour) declined your offer, then hitting the ignore button so as to deny me any right of reply, well I have no other word for that other than pathetic.

As I've said before, attempting to change my preferences or telling me "I'm wrong' or "you really don't know what you like," or "I'm submissive in a different way and you can't put us all in the same box" is somewhat akin to telling a lesbian that she's only gay because 'she hasn't found the right cock', it's all down to "previous bad experiences with men, " or that "her sexual attraction should be based on individual merit and she's not within her rights to have a negative sexual inclination towards an entire gender as a whole." Because, after all not every male is the same as the next, right?

Maybe the word 'male' to her is a trigger, and if another was instead used in its place, she'd potentially turn straight and realise what she'd been missing out on all this time?

Or ever think about this; possibly she's simply, for biological, intellectual or other reasons, not attracted to men and it's a global preference that overrides all other variances between males as individuals? The thought of sleeping with one could even nauseate her.

Pretty simple idea to grasp really! Sometimes things are just as they're stated.

And as is hopefully also the case with our hypothetical lesbian, I'm smart enough, old enough, experienced enough and self-aware enough to know what I like, what I don't like, and most importantly, the why behind it all (although, admittedly, I do struggle to express that latter as precisely to others as it so clearly exists in my own consciousness).

The inferred assumption which comes across so often in these selfish, purely self-interest-first approaches that regardless of what I might say, deep-down as a male I really 'must' or 'should' be attracted to submissive females is patently ridiculous gender stereotyping at its finest.

Bottom line is that my internal intellectual principles and values system, what makes me 'me', is viscerally repulsed by submissiveness and willing submission at the basest level - the very concept - in any form and context whatsoever. Male, female, cat, horse or dog.

Period.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to possibly help clarify the above issue for some, because there does seem to be an inherent double standard that from all appearances it seems not many are aware of or to have to even thought about when it comes to 'expectation' or ignoring stated preferences, let me paraphrase one of my favourite quotations, the logic of which I think is inescapable.

LWsMJBu.jpg

"When you understand why you are repulsed by submissive males and would in all likelihood immediately dismiss the idea of writing opposite one labelled as such, you'll understand why I'm repulsed by submissive females and dismiss writing opposite ones labelled as such."

Is there any valid reason why what's good for the goose should not also be good for the gander?

Back
Top Bottom