Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

RE: Quix's Writing Samples And Other Stuff (Comments Welcome)

Speaking of real life, can you believe it's been almost a year since we've been writing together? I cannot believe how time flies!

The hospitality industry definitely isn't all sunshine and rainbows and fun like some people expect, although despite the crazies you encounter I love the aspect of helping people so guess I'm stuck. xD At least I can always vent about stressful situations later and have a laugh.

Alas my weekend is ending, and despite the semester break approaching it is nearing that hellish point in my degree program where I have to prove I've learned some worthwhile things over the past few years in the form of 12 hours of exams. ;_; *le sigh*

Damn, you're right, doesn't time fly when you're having fun? You were one of my first writing partners here on BMR (which means ever), and to think we're still going strong after almost a year is awesome. On that note, you'd better start contemplating which historical period! Not that our current story isn't going to last a good while longer; I'll just need time to research so that I can pretend I actually know some history, XD.

I'm not the most patient person in the world, and struggle to not allow my inner thoughts to show in my demeanour, so it's not for me. But I have a lot of respect for those who work in the Industry - Disneyland wouldn't exist without them! - and it sounds as if you're doing what you enjoy, so the rewards will be worth any hassle. I'm sure you'll have some stories as well.

That's one good thing about working full-time, no more exams or homework. I'll have my fingers crossed. Don't do as I did, and forget everything I ever learned the moment exams were over, XD.

Edit: Okay, so I just got home, and watched Family Feud on television, and when asked the question, "What do you associate with Africa, four percent of Australians answered with:

article-0-0074D4B700000258-370_634x334.jpg

I mean, any excuse to post a photo of a big cat; but are you really meant to win a game show by correctly guessing that four fucking percent of people have no goddamn clue? It makes me want to slap myself. Or them, XD.

Why is that so that so many writers feel entitled to demand what they want of my male characters, and the types of acts which should be perpetrated upon theirs, but the second I request something of a female character, or ask for one with agency in the scene and/or one with independent desires and motivations, they either feign ignorance, or react as if they'd just seen me shoot Bambi's mother, then become offended when I say no? How dare I! This is after reading my threads.

The sense of self-entitlement, and inherent selfishness, contained in the 'I don't care what you may want, as long as I get what I want', attitude does become tiresome. Does compromise only go one way?

Don't you know woman are always right? Gesh.

Even when we're wrong, we're right... we're never wrong, actually. That is just a figment of imagination and funny conversation starter. But since you seemed unaware, I thought I would tell you...

XD Hang in there buddy. I'm sure it's gets better?

Also, look! I did a thing!

So they keep telling me; I'm just a little slow to catch on. You know I require empirical evidence, XD.

I'm sure I've posted this before, but here we go again:

c03d622b7b7d48c953e518362e8e88cd.jpg

Maybe we can try a fantasy story one day; where the male is actually right? XD

And it's just one my random rants. After all, I do have partners such as you, and my others, who definitely make any hassles worthwhile. I've learned, when you find a good one, don't let them go!

I would say yes on the picture, but then again, I feel it's a trick question. Perhaps I'm over thinking things. XD

But aww, so sweet. Yes! Hold onto them! Threaten them with swords if they leave! Blackmail them! Hold their puppies hostage! .... Or maybe just ask them to stay and treat them nicely. Though I sorta like the first few options.

PS: Your color changing is throwing my OCD for a loop. XD

It is, I have the answer, and I'll let you know once you get it right. Think philosophically!

How about stealing their Porsche convertibles, and converting them to right hand drive? It's still here if you want it back. Thank goodness they won't allow your swords through Customs!

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I kind of enjoy your OCD.

Damn you! You know I hate stressful situations! Uh... Answer is.. Maybe?

Well that could work as well. I've also been saving up for another, thanks. And just because they won't get through customs doesn't mean I don't have ways of getting them there! Connections! Connections everywhere!

... ba..ood. Well I don't know how you work it, but frankly, I feel like where you started your rant today should be the yellow color, then the yellow color should be green on the next post, and finally, this one right above me should be yellow. But that's just me. XD

I've actually forgotten what the question was now!

Maybe by next Christmas? You'd better keep it well-hidden. Do you really think those plastic blades are going to hurt me? Not that'd you'd want to, anyway.......would you?

Just whatever I feel like at the time. Is that really yellow? All along I've thought it orange. Damn!

Something along the lines of how awesome you think you are and how everyone should stroke your ego, I think was in question?

Pfft, maybe a few Christmas's from now. Unless I get donations. Anyone? ... *crickets* okay then... And plastic, ha! You have much to learn grasshopper... much to learn. Muwahah!

Oh, now you're playing dirty I feel, not just what you are feeling. Also, eh, orange, yellow... maybe a Jonquil color? Or Mikado yellow? XD

Oh, that question. You've already answered that in private!

Or that Powerball ticket of ours comes up. Since I live in the future, maybe I should select the numbers? I'm sure you have much to teach me.

I wouldn't deliberately do that to you! Is Jonquil even a colour? You know I'm not visual.

... Dangit. Foiled again.

Oh yea, why the hell aren't you doing that for me already? I could have done won and given you a consultation prize for lending a helping hand!

Google says it's a color... So it must be true!

That's okay, keep on trying.

Who says I'm not? And I charge a hefty fee; just be warned.

Oh, phew. As long as you didn't source it from Wikipedia.

Now, unfortunately, the duty of work calls!

Now I'm curious as to what this outlandish request of yours was?? There's only so much we womenfolk can deal with, after all :p

You'd better go seek out some encyclopedias for your research project coming up, because I'm working on a historical plot right now hehe.

My outlandish request was that she write a character with independent motivations/desires, as an integral component of the story, rather than one whose existence had no purpose in the scene other than to simply be the recipient of my characters desires/motivations/actions.

She read my threads, and approached me with nothing but a link to her own. I then popped a message back, saying that I'd prefer she tell me in her own words what she was looking for, so I could gauge if we were on the same page in regards to my requests.

Anyways, after about ten messages justifying why it was okay to send me nothing but one line and a link, she finally suggested a plot; an incest pairing in which my character wanted to dominate hers; mentally, physically, and sexually; in revenge for acts which occurred years before the commencement of the actual scene.

I'm unsure how someone who'd properly read my threads would think that was something I'd jump at; however when I then provided selected quotes from my requests for clarity, she apparently still couldn't see (ignored) the parts that asked for someone who 'takes responsibility for her own life', 'has independent motivations', and state that my characters will be not be interested in females 'for no other reason than the possession of a vagina.' Either that, or she was simply unable to comprehend the meaning of and/or intent behind those phrases.

I don't have an issue with writing the incest, or the physical, mental and sexual domination, but what irks me is that so many female writers want to experience the 'effects' of a particular situation, whilst refusing to display a little pro-activity/creativity of their own by having the opposing character first provide a 'cause'.

That was the third in two days. I find people just read into threads what they'd like them to say, rather than what they actually do, in an effort to gain what they want from a scene, without any requirement to compromise, or reciprocate. I'll go to great lengths to ensure I incorporate what my partner enjoys; all I expect is the same courtesy in return.

Sorry, that response was much longer than I anticipated. A bad habit of mine, as you well know! However, you did provide me with the perfect excuse to expand on my rant, and I couldn't let the opportunity pass on by, XD

*******************************************************************************************************************

Damn, you're at least going to have to give me a hint for which century! History goes back a long way; where do I start!

Can't I just use Wikipedia?

*******************************************************************************************************************

How long has it been for us now; a year did you say?

Putting up with me for that length of time just goes to prove you women-folk really can deal with a lot! :).

Aww, poor Quix! Don't worry, some people just can't read and comprehend at a higher level like the rest of us. xD I figured you'd like a little outlet there, I know I always feel better after a nice rant haha.

At least you've already got your awesome current partners. *wink wink*

So good news on the historic front, the plot I'm cooking up is actually quite adaptable so I figured I would do you a good deed and let you chose the period! Don't go crazy now though haha

I know Silv. What was I thinking, expecting that ability to be common on a writing site? Such heresy!

I actually find getting all those random thoughts rolling around in my brain into some sort of coherent form on screen quite cathartic, XD

Your awesomeness as a writing partner can never be over-stated, only added to by the fun, casual OoC banter and, of course, your unsurpassed Google-ing skills :) (I've heard flattery will get me everywhere?)

I can't wait to hear what you're thinking. And me go crazy? Never. However, Colonial Africa did spring to mind.

Such craziness can only be expected from you, when your request threads are so vague and nonspecific. xD

Flattery can definitely get you far, and speaking of google-ing skills...

latest

Colonial perhaps would be a good option, although I'm not sure the plot I will share with you soon could be adapted as far as Africa. :p

I know, I know. I should really attempt to make them less subtle and nuanced.

As far as Disneyland?

How did I guess you'd do something like that. Utterly appropriate, as usual. (Edit: I didn't, at first, recognise that as 'Sophie'. Damn, your google-ing skills are even more awesome than I ever imagined, XD)

I'm sure when you do share, all sorts of ideas/settings to throw back will start bouncing around in my head.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Responses may be a little slow this week. The start of a new month is always my busy-time at work, and this one looks fairly hectic.

Take your time with responses, we all know pesky real life can get in the way sometimes. xD

Disney was mucho fun with my friends, we managed to make our way through 3/4 of the parks yesterday and but limited the drinking to just one haha.

The beauty of using live actors for character inspiration is that there are some interesting images to be found, I couldn't resist when I saw that one of Sophie. :p

Thanks Silv, I should have one for you tomorrow. The busier I am at work, the more efficient I seem to be!

You must have had quite a few drinks at the third park, to have not been able to make it to the fourth :)

There certainly are, and I think that one even trumps Sophie with a birthday cake!

A long, tiring, draining week. However, I've now finished everything that I absolutely need to do and, with a Holiday weekend coming up, have decided to give myself tomorrow off, and take a four day weekend.

May be heading down the coast, a couple of hours away, to catch up with my best mate who I haven't seen since Christmas. Will decide in the morning; if I do I'll be around a little on my phone, but any story posts may be a few days away.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Am kind of torn at the moment. We don't have the death penalty in Australia, but two Australians are about to be executed in Bali for drug smuggling, and there's a huge 'shock, horror' media circus going on.

You'd have to have been living in a cave for the past century not to be aware that the penalty for smuggling drugs into Indonesia, is death; so whilst I don't believe in the death penalty (mostly as I think it the height of hypocrisy, but also due to a number of wrongful convictions**), how can people really complain about paying the price they knew in advance would need to be paid, if caught?

** If anyone's interested, I recommend the Paradise Lost documentary series, the first in particular is brilliant, about the 'West Memphis Three', and Damien Echols, who was released from prison in 2013 after 18 years on Death Row.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and Silv, I thought it time to show off my own google-ing skills. Don't get jealous :)

timtams.jpg

Hopefully you enjoy your weekend and get to see your friend! As for me, I am heading to the happiest place on earth, again. xD

I am in awe of your google-ing skills! Now I need to go get more Tim tams <3

I did, Friday and Saturday night's, then thought I'd better escape before I was talked into another hangover :) You have to love Holiday weekends, particularly when the rest of Australia doesn't receive it!

I'd tell you to enjoy the happiest place on earth, but I think that's a given, right? What the heck, I'll say it anyway. Have a great weekend.

Somehow I believe you're more in awe of Tim-Tam's, than my google-ing skills. I hope your store keeps them well-stocked!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holiday weekend's almost over, and I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

I've finally accepted that Internet Killers is most likely dead in the water, and have to thank Lait for picking up my serial-killer craving. Though different, it's going to be just as enjoyable.

Last, but definitely not least. I need to say Happy Anniversary to the totally awesome Mali (a tad late, forgive me?). A great friend, and my second ever partner on BMR, the initial post for our original story was the 6th March last year, and it was the first I ever wrote that come to a fitting and natural conclusion. We're now on our second. Along with Silva, that's two brilliant partners I've been lucky enough to write with for a year, and I look forward to it continuing for much longer to come, XD

Back
Top Bottom