Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

RE: Quix's Writing Samples And Other Stuff (Comments Welcome)

I could quote the entire "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" movie to you, as we're watching it. Every line. Every single one. My guess is that quite a number of people have watched Monty at some point, but I tend to find that Americans don't find it as humorous as other stuff. American humor is very crude, in this really unflattering and lewd kind of way.

Ariamella said:
I could quote the entire "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" movie to you, as we're watching it. Every line. Every single one. My guess is that quite a number of people have watched Monty at some point, but I tend to find that Americans don't find it as humorous as other stuff. American humor is very crude, in this really unflattering and lewd kind of way.

Really? I was thinking that you probably wouldn't know it. That's awesome. I find British humour more subtle and understated, whilst American humour can sometimes to be too 'in-your-face', and the joke rammed down your throat to ensure you don't miss it. I love the British version of 'The Office', for example, but cant watch the US version.

However, that's a generalisation, and there's a lot of American humour I do like. Such as this, which I came across yesterday, and whilst it makes me embarrassed for my country, XD, I found highly amusing, (For the record, I did not vote for Tony Abbot!)

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3IaKVmkXuk[/video]

Mr Quixotic said:
Ariamella said:

Really? I was thinking that you probably wouldn't know it. That's awesome. I find British humour more subtle and understated, whilst American humour can sometimes to be too 'in-your-face', and the joke rammed down your throat to ensure you don't miss it. I love the British version of 'The Office', for example, but cant watch the US version.

However, that's a generalisation, and there's a lot of American humour I do like. Such as this, which I came across yesterday, and whilst it makes me embarrassed for my country, XD, I found highly amusing, (For the record, I did not vote for Tony Abbot!)

I was super into performing arts (theatre, musicals, opera, choir), and that particular sub-culture (the artists) tend to appreciate British humor more than the average American. I mean, that's also a generalization, but it's something I've just noticed over the years. Can't tell you how many arts friends/instructors/professors/etc. have a whole entire section of their film/show collection just on Monty Python. Another thing is that Americans tend to find things like Monty Python a bit 'nerdy/geeky.'

People are always surprised at my interests, because while I am rather #rad , #hip , and #InWtihTheTeens , I have other hobbies/interests that don't really fit with that. (;

My parents got me into Monty Python. We used to do the skits back and forth occasionally, especially the Dead Parrot skit and Spam and well, a lot. Funny, funny stuff.

I think you're right Ari, Monty Python does seem to be popular with the artistic crowd.

Ah, the dead parrot sketch, Jolie. I haven't seen that in a while. Also, don't forget the 'Ministry of Silly Walks'. Something tells me you may have attempted one or two of those in your skits!

Roleplay responses and OoC chatter will be a little slow this week. From now until Christmas is crazy work-wise, which won't be helped by me taking a day's leave, and heading off Friday for the weekend away.

I also need to start thinking about doing some Christmas shopping! I felt a little guilty as one of the women at work offered to buy a Secret Santa present on last week on my behalf - which kind of defeats the purpose - and I said yes. But hey, she loves shopping, and I didn't want to disappoint her, and won't be at work for the unveiling this Friday anyway!

This is one of the (many) reasons I fucking despise religion, and the entire concept of an imaginary god:

http://www.news.com.au/world/transgender-teen-leaves-note-on-tumblr-blaming-christian-parents-for-suicide/story-fndir2ev-1227170863878

Seriously, you'd prioritise your 'faith' over the needs of your own child?

is-god-willing-to-prevent-evil-but-not-able-epicurus.jpg

On a less pissed off and disbelieving note, I tend to have intense concentration and focus (which is why I find I have trouble attempting to respond to multiple roleplays in one day, it's difficult to 'switch gears'), and when I write a story with someone the character's become embedded in my brain - much like when an actor portrays a character in a tv show, no matter what future roles they take on, you still remember them as 'so-an-so from that television show'. My story with Mali reached an appropriate finale, and we're discussing another plot, but I need a break for a week or two to let the characters from our completed roleplay fade a little.

To kind of reiterate the point, I've taken up a scene with an old partner, and in my first post I found myself subconsciously using the name of my character from our initial story, which came to and end about six months ago. I did manage to edit the references out before posting. Except for one. Whoops, XD.

Happy 2015 everyone. I hope you had/have an an enjoyable New Years. I'm glad my hangover will be gone, when most other people are just waking up to theirs.

Okay, so I deliberately took an extra day off work over the Holiday period, so that I could view the Professional Darts World Championship Final on television. What can I say, my tastes are eclectic. For anyone who's never watched, you may be surprised; it's compulsive viewing. It requires nerves of steel, and incredible mental strength and levels of concentration. The prize money is nothing to be sneezed at either; over a million British pounds.

On a roleplay front, the extra day off also allowed me to draft responses for all my stories, and whilst I need to edit, I feel as if I'm up to date, and not stressed. Which is what I was hoping for, as I return to work tomorrow after a two week break, and I anticipate it being super busy. My brain struggles enough after returning on a Monday after a weekend, so OoC chatter, and any responses could be delayed for a few days.

henrydavidthoreau122077.jpg

My father's really into darts and is part of the regional darts league.

When I found out I couldn't sing opera anymore (devastating, I tell you), he took the time to teach me how to properly throw a dart, thinking that I'd like to learn how to do something else. It's one of the hardest things I've ever done... the amount of concentration that goes into making a decent throw is astounding. And yet, I was somehow fascinated by how much of it I had to have in order to have absolute control in where I wanted the dart to go. It was like... like... learning how to sing for the first time. That's honestly the only way I can describe it, and I found the two activities strangely related in the manner in which I had to approach them.

That kind of concentration is beautiful, in an infuriating but slightly pleasing way.

I've played as well, just in social pub competitions, and you're right, it's much harder than it appears. And when you consider those guys are playing for a million pounds, in front of a live audience of three thousand, with millions more watching on television, in a game in which the slightest tremble of the hand could be the difference between winning and losing, it's a wonder they can perform as they do. I can only imagine how devastating it must have been to be forced to give up something that you'd wanted to do your entire life.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Were-Not-Friends-Stephen-Colbert-Gif.gif

I only did it because I care, and didn't want you to feel stressed, and that's the thanks I get! No wonder us males give up on trying to do the right thing :)

20140203_162542_didhebf_sm.png

I love random compliments that come out of nowhere; they just brighten up my day, and let me know that certain opinions are shared by many more people than I realised.

All roleplay responses written, and sent, which is kind of a worry. I just know that all replies are going to come back at once; probably within an hour of each other. I've also completed my first ever two full posts writing as a female character (as for that part of the story it seemed the best fit), and it was hard work! However, no complaints from my partner, so I must have done okay.

I was raised by a print journalist - which may explain my sometimes quixotic and contrary nature, enjoyment of debate and provocation, and need for information - and have always had an affinity for the old-style newspaper reporter. (I won't get into the decline in the quality of journalism, and how it's now just another form of 'entertainment'). There's a romanticism in the image of a hard-drinking, hard-living, tough-as-nails, newspaper man (or woman) who risks life and limb in pursuit of 'the truth', and pity anyone who attempts to stop them; which leads to the quote below that encapsulates my thoughts on the importance of freedom of the press.

churchill.png

So I just came across an obvious spelling mistake in a thread title, with the first line subsequently asking for people who know how to use spell-check, and found it rather amusing. It also made me wonder how many people have heard of Muphry's Law?

For those who haven't, it's a deliberate misspelling of Murphy's Law, and is the adage that:

"If you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written."

Or in more detailed form:

Muphry’s Law is the editorial application of the better-known Murphy’s Law. Muphry’s Law dictates that:

- if you write anything criticising editing or proofreading, there will be a fault in what you have written;
- if an author thanks you in a book for your editing or proofreading, there will be mistakes in the book;
- the stronger the sentiment in (a) and (b), the greater the fault; and
- any book devoted to editing or style will be internally inconsistent.

I'm sure others can relate to that, I know I can. And for a good example:

In 2009, the then British Prime Minister Gordon Brown hand-wrote a letter of condolence to a mother whose son had died in Afghanistan, during which he misspelled the deceased's surname. The Sun (a tabloid newspaper) published a vitriolic article criticising his lack of care. In this article, the paper misspelled the same name and was forced to publish an apology of its own.

If there's one thing that brightens up my day, it's unexpected thoughtful gestures. As some may know, it was my birthday on Sunday. On Friday, at work, one of the girls innocently asked, "You're a chocolate lover, aren't you?" I immediately knew she was talking about a cake - last year, I deliberately hid my birthday, and no-one found out until about four days after the event, so there wasn't a hope in hell I was going to be able to get away with it this year. So, I answered, "Yes, and cheese, and chilli, I wonder if there's such a thing as a chilli, chocolate cheesecake." We had a laugh, and anyways, I arrive at work this morning, and lo-and-behold, she's baked me a chilli chocolate cake (I politely decided not to point out the absence of cheese!). For anyone wondering, it was damn good, XD.

A shout-out also has to go out to my partners for their amusing and thoughtful best wishes, some who wouldn't have even been aware it was my birthday until they noticed Aria's thread (thanks Aria). I honestly think I have the best writing partners on BlueMoon, both IC, and OoC.

Thanks guys, you're a pleasure to chat to, and write with.

So unlike my brother's, who like to remind me that my birthday coincides with the date of two of the worst disasters in Australia's history, and intimate that these things always come in three's. Who needs enemies when you have family, XD.

I sometimes wish I wasn't quite so picky with the plots/partners that I take on, as it'd would make it a lot easier to find new stories. However, that doesn't usually last long, and all of my current partners are proof of why it's worth, in the long run, being selective. I know I'd just become bored after a few posts anyway.

Honestly, it doesn't matter how blunt or sarcastic I make my threads, approximately 80% of requests I receive are still overdone and tedious "Master/Slave, or Dom/Sub" scenarios. Can't wait until the Shades of Grey movie is released, that'll probably bump it to 100%. Precisely how many, "Be my Mr Grey?", requests does it take to drive one clinically insane?

Anyways, to my current partners, you really have no idea just how much I appreciate every single one of you; for your brilliant writing, fun OoC, and the women you portray. It's nice to find that at least some people, on a site dedicated to creative writing, are willing to step outside of the cliche box, and write a wide variety of character and personality types.

The major thing I'm trying to improve in my writing is visual imagery, as I think it's by far my weakest point. One reason for that is that, to me, who or what someone/something is, and their/its motivations or purpose are much more relevant than what they/it looks like. However, the major reason I struggle with visual imagery is that I don't/can't visualise; I nearly fell out of my seat a few years ago when I realised the term, "I can see it in my mind" wasn't just being used by people in a purely metaphorical sense.

Whilst I can appreciate an image in front of me, once it's gone I can't retain it in my head, and am left only with a 'sense' of it. If I was asked to describe one of my brothers appearance, or my parents, I couldn't, apart from the basics; the same with any object. It's rather difficult to explain; the closest I can come to it, is this:. Not me, but something I found while researching on the net.

FUCK, FUCK, FUCK; I miss Dova, and Internet Killers. Jolie too, with her wicked intelligence and razor-sharp wit. Damn real-life; stop getting in the way!

Okay, rant over, I feel much better now. On to the the good stuff :)

You have to love Public Holiday Monday's; about the only Monday's I do like. Today's Australia day, the Anniversary of the arrival of the First Fleet in 1788, so that means a day off work. I don't tend to celebrate it too much as the indigenous Aborigines were here thousands of years prior to the arrival of Europeans.

All responses now up to date (or at least drafted), with the exception of one; a roleplay which I thought may have been dropped, but received a post for last night. I'm glad, it's my Goldilocks plot, and my partner is an incredibly gifted and natural writer; the personality she's brought to Goldie is amazing, and so real that I wouldn't be surprised if she jumped out of the screen and slapped me in the face.

I'm realising why my preference for writing has turned to threads. I just had to troll through old PM's for about an hour to find a particular name that I needed to use in a current post. However, it did cause me to re-read my old posts, and just because it made me remember how much I enjoyed writing this particular one, here's a sample from 'Not So Snow White'

Not So Snow White - Quix and Aurelia

Hunter Forsythe smiled at the roll of the women's eyes, caused, he assumed, by his depiction of her daughter. The Dean thought that Evelyn herself would have been a hot piece of ass back in her day, which was possibly the cause of her obvious dislike of Sofia. Oh well, age caught up to everyone, didn't it? Hunter looked in the mirror and lifted a hand, now free of the package he'd removed from the safe, to run his fingers through his hair. No more grey had appeared since he'd last checked five minutes ago.

Only five minutes? It felt like a lifetime had passed since Eve had knocked on the door. Finished with appraising himself, he flicked another piece of lint off the breast of his jacket and returned his attention to Mrs White. He did his best to remain still, and not squirm out of reach when she patted his shoulder. A cocked brow, pursed lips, and roll of the eyes accompanied the dripping sarcasm in his tone. "It's been my pleasure, Evelyn."

Her mention of fun reminded him that she'd interrupted his favourite time of the day, and he waved her off quickly when she reached the door. "Of course, if we're going to do this properly, I'll need to provide evidence of Sofia's fall from grace. So I hope you don't mind if I film?" He smiled, then slumped into his seat as she exited. A shiver coursed through his body; one of excitement at the potential of what this new development could bring, mingled with fear at the trouble Ms White could cause. He'd be having nightmares about that evil grin. Hunter sighed, picked up the half-full water glass which sat on his desk, finished it one gulp to soothe his dry throat, and allowed his eyes to drift to the monitor. The girls had changed and were on their way out to the field. Damn-it. Now he'd have to wait another hour. At least that gave him time to contemplate the situation he found himself in. The first thought that crossed his mind was to use Snow himself, but he almost immediately dismissed the idea. He doubted that would help with his little 'medical problem', and it would be humiliating. Hunter closed his eyes. What to do with her, where to start?

Anyone who entered would most likely have assumed Hunter to be in a trance, or meditating, as he ran those questions over and over through his mind. He didn't know who was responsible for the drug trade, but he was sure he could guess the Fraternity involved. Delta Tau Fucking Chi. The all-male Fraternity occupied a rented house just outside the University grounds, and had been the subject of numerous complaints during the Dean's tenure, however no-one had been willing to provide the testimony required in order for him to take disciplinary action. They were difficult to infiltrate, and unless you were a part of their crowd or issued a special invitation, it was virtually impossible to gain access to the Frat House. The ring-leaders, Stephen Drummond and Doug Rawlings, were cunning enough to remain behind the scenes and assigned the majority of the grunt work to their little Freshman pet, Stuart Thomson. Hunters lips curled to form a smile as he decided that's where he'd start. What eighteen year old boy wouldn't rat out his friends in exchange for free pussy?

The Dean's eyes flew open, and he jumped from his seat when the phone buzzed. Evelyn? His body straightened and his arm shot out. Before he even had time to issue a greeting or utter a word, Eve spoke, "She's yours", and the line went dead. Forsythe paused, and bit his lip. Then he hit the cradle to obtain a dial done, and entered the number for the security office. As he'd hoped, Fat Albert answered the call; the man owed him a favour. Campus Police were engaged to protect the students, not steal their panties, and when Hunter had discovered his employee's peccadillo - coincidentally Albert had snuck into the Women's changing rooms during cheerleading practice as Hunter watched on his laptop monitor - he'd been able to sympathise, and after a search of the Security man's personal locker had revealed enough underwear to open his own lingerie store, assured the man his job was safe. It had occurred to Hunter that the information could be put to use at a future date, and his instincts had proved correct. Hunter Forsythe placed the phone down after a brief conversation, and glanced at the clock. Ms Sofia White would be arriving shortly.

Fat Albert, although of Italian descent rather than African American, resembled the cartoon character. Around thirty-five years of age, he had wiry dark hair, and was as wide as he was tall. A roll of blubber hung out of the waistband of his blue slacks, and wobbled with each step, and the buttons of his sweat-stained XXXXXXXXL white, buttoned dress-shirt - 'Campus Police' epaulets on each shoulder - threatened to pop off from the strain of the gut which bulged against the fabric. A black, extendable baton and a set of handcuffs hung from his utility belt, and slapped his meaty thighs as he waddled towards the classroom where Hunter had advised him Sofia could be found. Sofia. Her first lesson of the day was almost over, but it wouldn't be her last. Albert pushed open the door slowly, in an attempt at stealth, but by the time he squeezed himself fully through the entrance, his exertions had drawn the attention of most of the class.

"Can I help you?"

Albert glanced at the Lecturer, nodded, then began to scan the room, and wheezed through shortened breath. "Ms Sofia White. Please show yourself, you need to come with me."

What do I hate?

I hate it when I draft a PM roleplay response, intending to leave it for a day, so that I can back and edit it with a fresh eye, which I do with most of my posts, and send it by accident instead of an OoC which I've also saved in my drafts (my OoC with particular partners can sometimes be as long as the story reply itself). It wouldn't be so bad, except that when I go back and re-read it, I find a few glaring errors, and that it's already been opened. Sorry Sumi!

I received a PM from a friend today, who hadn't previously read one my threads, just to tell me that she was now reading one, and how much she was enjoying a particular story. It made me feel good.

Random musing

On the threads, I see a plethora of Dom/Sub pairings, and a few where there is no designated Dom/Sub at all, and even some Dom/Dom. However, what I've never seen is a Sub/Sub (what I refer to as the Seinfeld pairing). I wonder what the possible reasons could be behind that?

Hi there long-lost Australian twin!

On the threads, I see a plethora of Dom/Sub pairings, and a few where there is no designated Dom/Sub at all, and even some Dom/Dom. However, what I've never seen is a Sub/Sub. What could be the possible reasons behind that?

It seems to me that this board uses dom/sub not only to denote actual dom/sub in a BDSM context, but also top/bottom. So with dom/dom, you get two people with strong personalities wrestling to top. But with sub/sub, or at least, the way sub is interpreted at large, you get two shy/reserved/bottom-inclined (I never knew how to define a sub well) vying to be...well, bottom. It you have two attackers, it's likely the more dominant would win. If you have two defenders...you get the picture. =D

On a more cynical view, there seems to be a strong correlation between submissiveness and passivity at large. In my opinion, there is nothing inherently contradictory between "submissive" and "assertive." But, I've rp'ed with few people that understood the difference. So, there's that too.

Krimson said:
Hi there long-lost Australian twin!

On the threads, I see a plethora of Dom/Sub pairings, and a few where there is no designated Dom/Sub at all, and even some Dom/Dom. However, what I've never seen is a Sub/Sub. What could be the possible reasons behind that?

It seems to me that this board uses dom/sub not only to denote actual dom/sub in a BDSM context, but also top/bottom. So with dom/dom, you get two people with strong personalities wrestling to top. But with sub/sub, or at least, the way sub is interpreted at large, you get two shy/reserved/bottom-inclined (I never knew how to define a sub well) vying to be...well, bottom. It you have two attackers, it's likely the more dominant would win. If you have two defenders...you get the picture. =D

On a more cynical view, there seems to be a strong correlation between submissiveness and passivity at large. In my opinion, there is nothing inherently contradictory between "submissive" and "assertive." But, I've rp'ed with few people that understood the difference. So, there's that too.

Well, hello there, my long-lost, identical twin sister. It was posed as a humorous question, as many people already know my views. What you've said, I think reiterates the point I often try to make. Attackers are proactive, whilst defenders are reactive.

There is a definite difference between writing a dominant role, and writing a submissive one, in the creativity required. The designated dominant is the one who is more likely to be forced to lead the story, and be the proactive one for the majority of the scene, which leads to predictability. I am talking purely here in a roleplay, story direction/story creation sense. It's nothing to do with domination/submission per se, or real-life where you have the use of your five senses to add the extra dimension.

I totally agree with your other point as well, and it's something I've attempted to make clear in my threads; that when I refer to the word submissive it's generally in its adjective form, and not as a noun. However, like you, I've found there to be a strong correlation between the two, and that very few people comprehend (or are willing to write) the difference.

My fault for missing the rhetorical question. =D Boy I sure sound smart don't I.

I do want to elaborate my thoughts on the following thought:
The designated dominant is the one who is more likely to be forced to lead the story, and be the 'proactive' one for the majority of the scene, which can lead to predictability.

You used more likely, so you might already have predicted what I'm going to say, in that case, double derp! I think, except for cases where substantial restraints is involved, which make the sub actually unable to do anything, I typically find myself enjoying writing against more assertive submissive characters. They can want to be bottom, be dominated, and all that lovely jazz, but as one of my friend said best, "it's the duty of the sub to arouse to dom." Whether by words, by actions, by defiance, or a other variety of possible routes, the sub could lead the story just as well. Not to mention that the story need not to be just a sex scene, in which case the designated sub could contribute the plot/character development equally as the dom. My two cents anyhow. =D

Krimson said:
My fault for missing the rhetorical question. =D Boy I sure sound smart don't I.

I do want to elaborate my thoughts on the following thought:
The designated dominant is the one who is more likely to be forced to lead the story, and be the 'proactive' one for the majority of the scene, which can lead to predictability.

You used more likely, so you might already have predicted what I'm going to say, in that case, double derp! I think, except for cases where substantial restraints is involved, which make the sub actually unable to do anything, I typically find myself enjoying writing against more assertive submissive characters. They can want to be bottom, be dominated, and all that lovely jazz, but as one of my friend said best, "it's the duty of the sub to arouse to dom." Whether by words, by actions, by defiance, or a other variety of possible routes, the sub could lead the story just as well. Not to mention that the story need not to be just a sex scene, in which case the designated sub could contribute the plot/character development equally as the dom. My two cents anyhow. =D

I did use more likely for that very reason. As do I enjoy writing against assertive submissive characters, or those who don't want to submit, which goes along with your defiance comment. What I don't like is writing against characters with a submissive personality, or whose characters have no independent agency in the role, where their only reason to exist at all is to be fucked and abused by my character.

This is getting crazily scary, because I just re-read your thread, and here's something I posted on my journal not too long ago:

I find there to be a plethora of 'submissive' characters, who come into a story with no independent motivations, goals, desires, dreams, or hopes of their own - and I have written against enough of them to know what I'm talking about. To me, it's those very things which defines personality (both in fiction and real-life), and makes a character unique rather than just another bland 'Mary-Sue'. That's what provides depth to a story.

Kind of matches what you've said in your own post. If you don't have your own hopes, dreams, desires, motivations and goals, how can you even come close to being a three-dimensional character who resembles a living, breathing human being? Why would a person be interested in exerting dominance over someone like that? I just don't get it, but apparently I'm in the minority.

Edit: My fault for missing your comment about missing the rhetorical question. I think that makes us even!

Interestingly enough, one of the best writers I've had the pleasure of writing with actually preferred writing a "submissive" character. Since we been tossing this word around with multiple denotations, I feel the need to define it. In this particular case, I'm talking about an actual desire to submit, as opposed to being outwardly or internally defiant. There is no breaking of the will, or turning reluctance to consent. The character wanted to be used from the outset. And even that mindset does not preclude agency. Rather, the character was very deliberate in achieving her end, be it through seduction, manipulation, playfulness, etc. In my humble opinion, anything less of agency shows a lack of commitment to the character and the story - given that many rps are one-shot and are focused on sex from start to finish, that's not particularly surprising. I guess I'm elaborating on it because I find it interesting that even when the "independent motivation, goal, desire" is being submissive, it could be done in such a way that still makes for pleasant writing? Although I'll admit the particular story in question was very sex-driven, I do see your point on other goals and motivations for a more plot-driven story.

And it's not scary at all. =D In my experience a lot of writers who lean dominant share the same view of wanting to play against subs that are reluctant, defiant, or at the very least, interesting. I'm reminded of something you were talking about the other day, how you like to write about internal motivations and thoughts. I place great import on that as well, even though I'm more inclined toward writing physical descriptions than you. I mean, I think when the only thing that is being written is actions, descriptions, and sensations, even with very good prose, the characters themselves are entirely flat and generic. Especially the sub, because at least the dom is leading the action. However, with an adequate description of emotions and thoughts, the character suddenly become much more alive, and consequently, much more attractive.

Also, I've always enjoyed seeing how good writers vary their characters' behavior during sex and otherwise. Because like, irl, how people behave during sex is not always the same way they behave in life? For example, a lot of powerful people enjoy being dominated, but their personality is anything but submissive. When something of that nature is reflected in writing, it creates a more complex and dynamic character.

On an unrelated note, you are fun to talk to. =D Laters.

I agree that the mindset of having a desire to submit doesn't preclude agency, and that's one of my major gripes, the other character having agency in the story. Something that they want to achieve, a purpose. Rather than respond to everything else you've posted, I'll just say that I don't think it would be possible to agree any more than I do with your humble opinion, and I think the key word is independent when referring to desires, goals, etc.

One area where we differ is that I'm not attracted at all to a desire to submit. In fact, it turns off any interest I have in exerting dominance over someone (though I'm talking more in a general sense here than sexually; there's a large distinction between the two in my mind). Again, rather than having to think, XD, I'll re-post something from one of my writing samples, which is really 'me' speaking:

"I've never wanted to control, or own another person, to have them obediently acquiesce to my wishes, and follow my every command. Not because the power doesn't excite me, it does, but because I've never been interested in anyone who would willingly allow me to have that power. It's something I could never do, that i can't comprehend - desiring anyone, anything, to exert authority over me. Wanting it to be that way. I'd rather die, I would die, before I gave up my independence and autonomy. It's the essence of what makes me who I am and, for that reason, I've never been able to understand, or respect, that readiness to be subservient, in another human being".

His hand moved to cup her chin, and when he lifted her head it was if his piercing blue eyes were attempting to look directly into her soul. "Until now. Until I met you. It's because you are strong Tessa, and I respect that. You don't want it. Yet you do". Andy was articulating his thoughts and impressions of her. "I may be wrong, and that could be the cause of all of our problems, but it's what I see. The fact that you want to hold onto your independence, and won't submit easily and willingly, without a fight, is the very thing that attracts me to seeing you do so"

It is internal motivations which interest me more than anything, which is why I want the other character to actually have motivations. I'm with you as well, that dominant leaning people want to play against characters who are least interesting, and interesting in their own right.

As for the sex, I am interested to see how people vary their characters, and in the concept that you never really know how someone is going to be behind closed doors; the shy nerd becoming sexually aggressive in bed,; the assertive female company CEO turning into a submissive pussycat; but a lot of my enjoyment (writing and intellectual) doesn't come from the 'fucking' itself.

It comes from the scenario and the buildup; the situations people find themselves in, and how they got there. The majority of my kinks don't relate to the physical act, but to the context within which it's placed; ie voyeurism, exhibitionism, public, humiliation, infidelity, etc, if that makes sense? Physical/visual descriptions aren't important to me, however the description of emotions and thoughts are; for the very reasons you've mentioned.

Thanks, it's good to find a like-minded person, with enough differences to keep things interesting. You're fun to talk to as well. Goodnight.

Dova has returned, and so has Internet Killers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't tell, I'm happy, and excited, I think the story rather unique, and have had quite a few people message wishing to see it continued. Coincidentally, Dova announced her return a few minutes after I'd posted to Nich's journal in regards to how much I missed that particular story (which has been on hiatus for over three months), and asked if I'd like to pick it back up. I just responded with a link to that post, and a "let me know what you think the answer is" :)

I've also started my new roleplay with Mali, this one on thread, and I'm sure it's going to be just as awesome as our first. Well, technically Mali started it, as I'm notoriously terrible with opening posts.

In regards to anyone who may have taken offence at any of my thread titles, rest assured none is meant. They're written in good humour, albeit with sarcasm, and relate purely to IC, and my preferences for the type of female characters I like to write against. In future, if anyone does have issues, I'd prefer they mention it directly to me; that's the way I usually handle problems, and I'm not going to bite your head off.

Because I'm just about to once again take up the role of a sadistic, psychopathic, raping, torturing serial-killer, I thought I'd offset it with the latest fun-to-write sample from one of my lighter stories; one which is still incredibly enjoyable:

Goldilocks And The Three 'Bears' - Quix And Cyanide

"Yes, yes, yes". Edmund giggled, and laughed, feeling as happy as he could ever remember as he leaned in to steal another kiss from the beautiful young woman in his arms. His eyebrow raised, and he pecked her lips again, then deepened the kiss a little.

The water was up his thighs, and he shivered at the touch of Goldie's digits. As he pulled his head back, the laugh became a full blown bellow, reminiscent of Papa Bear's, and he shook his head. "You are a cheeky thing, Ms Goldie, aren't you? Edmund raised an eyebrow, then shivered in pleasure as her little fingers made their way down his skin, mimicking his own touch.

He leaned in to pretend to bite her nose, but instead lowered his head further, and nipped and kissed her neck. His grip automatically tightened on her body to draw her closer, and his hand moved of it's own accord to Goldie's breast. Edmund's eyes closed, and he moaned softly at the sensation; her firm mound in his palm; the heat of her body against his, the warm, smooth skin of her neck, and the water which lapped at his thighs. He was unable to see Goldie with his head lowered, and had become lost in the moment.

"Edmund........Slow down, please." His head suddenly snapped up, his hand fell from her breast, and slapped the water with enough force to cause a splash which reached his chest, and an expression of fear crossed his features. "I - I - I', he stammered, glancing away when he noted the flush that had spread across her cheeks, worried that she might now hate him. That fear receded somewhat as Goldie leaned in for a kiss, however Edmund returned it only absently; too busy mentally scolding himself for having moved too fast, and scaring the young woman.

At least she wasn't that mad. Edmund's look was one of contrition as the kiss broke, and he repeated her words, "Um yeah, we should talk." However, the boy had no idea of what he should say. "Or just kiss?" His expression brightened momentarily - at least that meant he needn't speak - and the palm of his wandering hand slipped back to Goldie's waist under the water. He allowed the kiss to linger, keeping it soft and gentle as his lips rolled over hers, then began to pull back before he decided another peck was in order. Then another. And another. And a few more. The soft, teasing kisses finally stopped, and he dared meet Goldie's eyes with his.

"I'm sorry, about. You know." Edmund gaze automatically dropped to her breasts before his attention shot back up so rapidly that the young man almost gave himself whiplash, and he thought of a conversation starter. "So you've nev... Are you...You have'n." Realising that he was digging an ever deeper hole for himself with each half-formed question, Edmund could think of nothing else to do to save his skin but duck in for a further kiss.

When his lips left hers, the young man had regained some composure. Or so he thought. "Do you believe in Ogre's?" Oh shit, where had that come from! Right then and there, the elder boy wished for the earth to open up and swallow him whole. Why did Goldie have to be so damn adorable? If it was any other girl, he wouldn't have cared; she'd have been laid out, naked, on the river-bank by now. All he could do next was shoot her a shrug and a smile.

Note to self: Stop bumping your fucking threads, you've enough trouble handling what you have already. I think there needs to be a twelve-step, thread-bumping program, it's just too damn easy to do!!!

Arggh, my strange mind. Mostly I enjoy it, but occasionally it irks me. Work's been super busy this week, and I had a heap of stories to respond to. So many that I was stressing that I'd taken on much more than I was able to handle. However, as usual, now that things have settled down, and I've everything under control, I feel like searching for more.

In some weird way, I actually enjoy stress, and always have. I may even need it, and to that end, everything I do is left to the last possible minute. My concentration becomes extremely focused and intense, and it's when I perform at my best. I've found with my writing that the more I have to respond to, the quicker I'm able to get it done. However, I also know that there has to be a tipping point, and once I reach that, my head will explode. I just can't take on any more, I can't! It's not doing something which causes me stress, but the knowledge that I have to do something. I'm generally an expert at compartmentalising, and pushing things completely aside until I need concern myself with them, but when there's no actual deadline it does my head in. Do I do it straight away, which is against my nature, or do I wait? How long do I wait for? And if I do wait, will I ever get it done?

On a related note, I'm sure one of my partners sits there with an evil grin on her face, finger hovering over the 'post reply' button, as she responds to one of my posts with a fifteen hundred word reply within an hour of having received mine, which has taken two days to compose. Yes, you. I'm still in awe of how you can do that, XD.

Responses, to those I've owed them to for a few days, should be out tomorrow, if not tonight. I'm loving all of my stories, and wouldn't give any of them up for the world. One thing I find rather ironic, due to my complete lack of technical knowledge, is that I'm portraying a hacker and computer security consultant in two of them. Then again, I'm not a psychiatrist either. Nor a pimp. No, really!

Back
Top Bottom