Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

RE: Quix's Writing Samples And Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

LOL!
-is currently dying of laughter-

I am not even sorry. :D I mean come on, I gave you a fair warning. I did say you were going to hate me because I love your response so much that I would have a post up within the hour. Did you not think I wouldn't deliver? Come on Quix, this is me. I always deliver xD

Malicious Lullaby said:
LOL!

I am not even sorry. :D I mean come on, I gave you a fair warning. I did say you were going to hate me because I love your response so much that I would have a post up within the hour. Did you not think I wouldn't deliver? Come on Quix, this is me. I always deliver xD

I think you well know, after all this time, that 'no need to respond quickly' is code for, 'I spent days attempting to compose that, please don't reply within the hour, and make me feel inadequate' :) And you're not even sorry!

Malicious Lullaby said:
LOL!

How?! Fifty-one minutes?! How is that even humanly possible to write a response in under an hour D:

Ariamella said:
How?! Fifty-one minutes?! How is that even humanly possible to write a response in under an hour D:

The key question is how to do it and remain awesome, which Malicious Lullaby has done. Now that is amazingly lovely.

I often do write quick responses, but I'm punished afterward on rereading my post, spotting every typo, grammatical error, and bit of incoherent clichéd flotsam I manage to work into the text. My ideal (and no doubt telepathic) partner might simply wait on receipt of one of my too-quick PMs for the inevitable follow up with the word (REVISED) stuck in the title.

Hehe thank you Jolie. It only works when the muse hits hard and for the past week my muse has been as active as my insatiable libido.

I think it also has to do with the fact I'm dying to write and I love my role plays. So when I respond I'm eager for a response back so when I do get it, it's like my fingers are itching to type. And I was in the middle of studying last night too! Now let's just hope I ace my exam otherwise none of this fast posting will matter ><

And my dear Sir Quixotic...what can I say? I dont follow the rules. You know this and it's not my fault you're so friggin wonderful and always deliver wonderful posts that I must respond to asap. Just think of it as flattering! It was so good I had to respond immediately! :D and yes, I'm still not sorry one bit :D

Mr Quixotic said:
I have no idea, Aurelia. Healthy or not, and whatever their motives, I think they secretly enjoy it. Why else would they collect swords? And we're not talking the plastic ones!

They probably do secretly enjoy it. And not even plastic ones! They sound like someone who likes to live on the edge of dangerous. Actually, they sound adorable~!

On a side note; Haha, get 'em Mali! You write as fast as you wish and make him suffer! XD (... Not that I enjoy the suffering of others or anything.)
He should take it as a compliment however, so I will so side with you on that. Keeps him on his toes anyway.

Jolie said:
Ariamella said:

The key question is how to do it and remain awesome, which Malicious Lullaby has done. Now that is amazingly lovely.

I often do write quick responses, but I'm punished afterward on rereading my post, spotting every typo, grammatical error, and bit of incoherent clichéd flotsam I manage to work into the text. My ideal (and no doubt telepathic) partner might simply wait on receipt of one of my too-quick PMs for the inevitable follow up with the word (REVISED) stuck in the title.

I agree, I could have something written in fifty-one minutes, but it would be indecipherable. How others do it, and make it so awesome, is beyond me.

Jolie, I've used the 'Cancel PM' function to recall a post for editing on so many ocassions that I've lost count. My slight OCD has led to me doing it as much as ten times on one reply, just to insert, delete and replace comma's! Not that I ever get their placement correct, anyway.

Aurelia said:
They probably do secretly enjoy it. And not even plastic ones! They sound like someone who likes to live on the edge of dangerous. Actually, they sound adorable~!

On a side note; Haha, get 'em Mali! You write as fast as you wish and make him suffer! XD (... Not that I enjoy the suffering of others or anything.)
He should take it as a compliment however, so I will so side with you on that. Keeps him on his toes anyway.

Adorable, yes! That's precisely the word that comes to mind!

Malicious Lullaby said:
And my dear Sir Quixotic...what can I say? I dont follow the rules. You know this and it's not my fault you're so friggin wonderful and always deliver wonderful posts that I must respond to asap. Just think of it as flattering! It was so good I had to respond immediately! :D and yes, I'm still not sorry one bit :D

Aww, well thanks Mali, and you know how wonderful I think you are, too.

I am flattered. However, taking into consideration the fact that you're not even sorry, all I can say is: just wait until you see what I decide to deliver to you!

Speaking of quick replies, I hope you manage to get some work done today in between binge reading the recap I PM'ed you of our first roleplay together. From my quick estimation there should be nearly 50 posts between us. xD

Silvamoon said:
Speaking of quick replies, I hope you manage to get some work done today in between binge reading the recap I PM'ed you of our first roleplay together. From my quick estimation there should be nearly 50 posts between us. xD

Thanks Silv, I do tend to keep this thing logged in all day, and use it to take a mental break. I noticed those twenty or so PM's pop up, opened a couple, and my first thought was, "Damn, did we really write that much?" I'd better not even start reading them at work, or I won't get a thing done! However, I am looking forward to becoming fully reacquainted with Sophie and Adam.

Maybe we'll have to invent a time machine, so we can bring them back once more for our Historical story-to-come? XD

I appreciate you sending them :)

Malicious Lullaby said:
Thanks Aria! I'm hoping I do well. And yes, it is fun to keep him on his toes. Makes my day xD

Quix, I'm really looking forward to it! Bring it!

Keep talking tough, Mali. It just makes retribution more fun, XD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank goodness today is:

poetsday.gif

Malicious Lullaby said:
Ooh, I like it when you talk dirty xD

Mali, you'd take 'Good Morning' as dirty talk! XD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

irony_done.gif

Story responses up to date (with the exception of one, and we know who that is, don't we? XD). Heading off to the coast with one of my brothers for the weekend to visit my parents, so will be mostly incommunicado for the next couple of days. Definitely no writing to be done; any replies will likely not come until to early/mid next week. Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have found lately that the more comfortable I become with writing, the more I enjoy writing multiple characters, and playing with the idea of separate story strands that, eventually, all weave together. Maybe it's because I'm not good at thinking in a linear fashion, but am at seeing 'possibilities' in advance, and making connections between seemingly unrelated events, but it's a concept which attracts me, and that I want to explore more in future stories.

The main concern, for me, in attempting that in a complex fashion, would come between not wanting to spoil any surprises for a writing partner by planning everything out in advance, and not wanting to be seen to be attempting to push the story in a certain direction without consultation/collaboration. Or confusing the hell out of them by placing something in a post which, at first read, appears to serve no purpose, but which will later become crucial.

Mr Quixotic said:
Story responses up to date (with the exception of one, and we know who that is, don't we? XD).

*presses buzzer*
MALI, I JUST KNOW IT. HOW MANY POINTS DO I GET FOR GUESSING CORRECTLY?

I totally back Ari's answer.
XD

It's good to be home, it was only for a couple of days, and this was one of the more relaxing and enjoyable weekends with them, but regardless I always find spending time with my family to be so mentally draining.

Not helped by having to listen to my brother's long string of bad jokes in the car:

"A farmer asked his sheepdog to check the barn, and count the number of sheep"

After a couple the minutes the dog came back out, and said 'there's forty"

The farmer gave the dog a confused look, and responded with "How can there be forty, when I only bought thirty-eight."

The dog shrugged, "I rounded them up".

Believe me, that was one of the best; then losing to him three times in a row at Scrabble. None of us enjoy losing, at anything, but we do enjoy reminding the other when we win.

At least I got the opportunity to remind him that the only reason we needed to travel together was that, due to his inability to locate the dipstick, and check the oil, he'd been told that his car could last another ten years; or blow up tomorrow. The trip to my parents is about two hours, through mountains (well, what we call mountains here in Australia; it's a leisurely thirty minute stroll to the summit of our highest!), with no phone coverage, so not a good place to break down. To say that our family isn't the most mechanically or technically gifted would be a slight understatement, but at least I can find the dipstick!

Every time I do visit, it strikes me that my Mother deserves a Sainthood. How she managed to work-full time, raise three boys, each two years apart, and handle my Dad's antics; who was more of a rabble-rouser, and likely to get into trouble than us three kids combined (on my 18th birthday, it was he who was thrown out of the pub; and don't even mention their 25th Wedding Anniversary!), and maintain her sanity, I'll never know.

Anyhow, the upshot is that I'm dead-tired, so hope to catch up on PM's and OoC tomorrow, with story responses likely a couple of days away.

Dipstick. I kept smiling and giggling every time I read dipstick xD I'm so immature.
Glad you're back and can't wait for your response!

So I take you and your other brother didn't kill each other? Rather, you didn't kill him since obviously you're still alive?

Malicious Lullaby said:
Dipstick. I kept smiling and giggling every time I read dipstick xD I'm so immature.
Glad you're back and can't wait for your response!

So I take you and your other brother didn't kill each other? Rather, you didn't kill him since obviously you're still alive?
Why doesn't it surprise me, that you, of all people, would find that word amusing? XD
I'll try and not be too long; it's half-drafted in my head.

No, he was still alive when I dropped him off. We get along the majority of the time; but let's just say discussion, argument and debate is a family tradition, and it can, at times, become quite heated. Fun (mostly), but tiring.

LOL. It's just funny. Reminds me of Lady Gaga's 'Lovegame.' Let's have some fun this beat is sick. I want to take a ride on your disco stick xD
Can't wait!

Well good! At least you're both still alive. That's good news!
I can understand. Some discussions sound good with my brother but sometimes I regret even having some of them.

Dipstick...
Goggling harder than I should.
I agree with Mali.

WELCOME HOME THOUGH. You didnt kill any one which is great.
But I'm amazed that you have the patience to play scrabble three times.
XD

lait said:
Dipstick...
Goggling harder than I should.
I agree with Mali.

WELCOME HOME THOUGH. You didnt kill any one which is great.
But I'm amazed that you have the patience to play scrabble three times.
XD
What's so funny, you guys call it a dipstick over there, right? XD
I know, patience usually isn't my forte, but I was trying to win. I must admit he does usually beat me six or seven out of every ten; I think he has every two and three letter word in the dictionary memorised.

Your group roleplay idea got me thinking of old movies, which somehow led me to this lady here;

2ad34241cf8016dee512b3b0124ff6b1.jpg

mae-west-i-dont-have-sexual-fantasies.jpg

mae_west_quote.jpg

maewest.jpg

1373657495841146.jpg

Facebook-Status-Ideas-57097-statusmind.com.jpg

fm_mae-west-good-quote.jpg

pi_1439.jpeg

quote-she-s-the-kind-of-woman-who-climbed-the-ladder-of-success-wrong-by-wrong-mae-west-368071.jpg

I love Scrabble. It's my second favorite game after Cards Against Humanity. The trick there is to know a lot of words with few or no vowels, and also every possible two letter word. Those really come in handy toward the end of the game xD.

Back
Top Bottom