Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Caught in the Middle (thewarrior and PhantomSentinel)

He unpacked some new clothes from his bags, looking at his bed as he did so. Why had he done that? Yes, he found Mina cute and yes, he had been surprised at what happened with Haley the night before but why did he have to basically tell Mina he liked her? Because that's what he did. He didn't want to be in the middle of a triangle between her and Haley, he didn't want to cause any hassle for either Haley or Mina and start fights between them. He wanted the three of them to get along like mates. He took off his boxers from the night before and put on a set of new ones, before throwing on some jeans and a t-shirt. Maybe Mina didn't even like him. Maybe Haley had just gotten it mixed up and she didn't actually like him. He smiled, hoping that was the case. But from her reaction earlier on he didn't think it was.

He heard the knock on the door and looked as Mina opened the door slightly, peaking her head in on him. He was fully dressed now and motioned for her to come in the room. He smiled at her as she closed the door behind her, looking her up and down "Everything ok Mina?" he asked, looking at her as she stood there. He was surprised when she told him she liked him, a bit shocked to because she had kind of screamed the last part. He looked at her and grinned as her face went red, her hand covering her pretty mouth, watching her legs shake as she was clearly nervous. He stepped a little closer to her and smiled "Thank you for telling me that Mina, I know it was a big step" he said before looking at her "And I like you too. I think you are beautiful woman" he said looking at her, still smiling at her, enjoying her presence in his room.

Mina was really expecting for him to drop the bomb on him, but gladly he didn't. He said those ever so sweet words and of course her smile widened at what he said, complimenting her of how beautiful she was and how he also liked her. "Y-you really do!? Oh my God...Oh my..." she said softly and looked at him, really unable to process that for once someone had accepted the crush she had on him. She was really happy now, and it didn't take long for her to run to him and hug him tightly, enjoying the hug for an instant before pulling back with s giggle, the ever-present blush on her cheeks was still there.

"Sorry," she said commenting on the hug, "I had to do it. I just feel so happy!" She then sat down on his bed to calm down. "And I'm glad you like me too. You don't know how much it takes for a shy person to let their feelings out."

He couldn't help but smile as he saw the smile spreading across her face, really complementing her features and the redness of her face as she blushed, taking his compliments very well. He laughed at her reaction, seeing her unsure as to what to do. He laughed when she ran at him and hugged him. He smiled hugging her back, enjoying the feeling of her pressed up against him as she did so, enjoying it, taking in her scent as she did so.

He smiled as she moved from the hug and sat on the bed, apologising. He chuckled and looked at her "You don't have to be sorry for hugging me, you could have done a lot more and not of had to apologise." he said as he sat down on the bed beside her "I understand. That's why I want you to come out of your shell more, I want you to be more confident to go along with your amazing features" he said beaming at her "But now that I know you like all I want to do is show you how much I like you" he said, putting a hand on her knee, not wanting to go too fast for her.

Mina looked at him as he explained that it was great for her to express her like that, and that she should no be so introvert. Just by admitting her crush to Ciaran she had managed to find out she really liked her too, which of course made her heart pound faster. She in fact hadn't beeb expecting to hear that coming from him. She really thought he was very attracted to Haley, who seemed to get along really well with her.

Then, he touched her knee with his hands and she couldn't believe that he indeed wanted to show her how attracted he felt towards her. She placed her little and pale hand on top of his and swallowed hard to speak. "W-what do you want to teach me?" She asked shyly, now blushing more than ever.

He looked at her as she placed her hand on top of his on her knee. He then thought to himself should he be doing this? Him and Haley had a great night last night, and they really liked each other too. Or so he thought. However, he really liked Mina as well. She was so beautiful and the exact opposite to Haley, but he liked girls like that too. He smiled at her, making up his mind right there. Haley hadn't wanted a relationship so he was free to do what he wanted. He smiled, pulling his arm around Mina's waist before leaning in, tilting his head as his lips met hers, kissing her softly. He wasn't going to do anything but kiss her, wanting to take it slow with this girl.

Mina looked at him as he leaned forwards and put one hand on her waist. Then she felt his lips touch her in her first kiss in her entire life. As he kissed her, her heart started to pound faster and faster as her crush decided to kiss her in a romantic way. Needless to say, she did not fight back in any way and simply enjoyed the outstanding moment of her lips connecting to his. As always, her cheeks remained fully red and both of her hands went to back of his neck. The kiss lasted for around a minute and for her that was the best minute of her life. After they pulled back, she took one of his hands with both of her hands and smiled at him. "You are such a nice and gentle boy Ciaran...I knew that if I waited long enough my gorgeous prince would arrive...." Mina went silent for a few seconds and then swallowed hard. This relationship-thing was new to her, so she didn't know how it work. With a giggle, she finally looked at him and spoke. "C-Ciaran...w-w-would you be...my boyfriend?" She asked him really shyly.

He enjoyed the feeling of her lips. They were different to Haley's, no cold metal piercings getting in the way of her warmth and taste, greatly enjoying it as he kissed her. He smiled, feeling her arms go around her neck. It was clear she wasn't that experienced but she was still a very good kisser, he enjoyed the way she kissed him back. He smiled at her as she pulled away, seeing her smiling and blushing. He let her take one hand in his. He let the prince comment slide, he knew this was probably the first time she was with a guy. He smiled hearing her giggle. It was cute, and he really liked it.

However, what came next shocked him a little. He stood up and looked at her, his eyes wide a little, afraid of hurting her now. "Mina I..." he began, before pausing again. He had to phrase this properly. He wouldn't mind if she never fancied him again after this, as long as she knew they could still be friends. He took one of Mina's hands in his "Look, Mina. College hasn't even started yet. Yes, we like each other but we don't know that much about each other. We also have to be considerate of Haley" he sad, smiling sadly at her "So I don't think getting into a relationship would help either of us"

Mina's smile slowly vanished as he started to explain that he would not be her boyfriend, that he did not think getting in a relationship in college was a good idea. Her jaw started to tremble a bit, meaning that she was about to cry. Trying to hold back her tears, which were already visible in her eyes, she stood up and walked to the door. "I knew it...Nobody wants a naive and stupid girl..." she told him as tears went down her cheeks. She ran out of the room and to the living room. Haley was just arriving when she saw Mina. "Ahhh...meal was tasty. I had to get naked as to not stain my clothes in blo-Mina! What's the problem? Why are you...are you crying?" she asked Mina confused.
"N-No! I'm not crying! Leave me alone!" Mina said and looked at her, her beautiful red eyes now flooded in tears. "I'm...I-I'm going to buy things for lunch..." Mina then walked out of the room and to some nearby market. Haley tilted her head and shrugged. Her forehead was drenched in sweat as she had hunted a deer while naked and had completely mauled it to death. She managed to clean the blood off her body in a small pond. She walked to Ciaran and crossed her arms. "Dude...what the fuck? Why is she even crying? She left now...but what happened?"

He saw the smile fade and he instantly closed his eyes. He was never good at these sort of things. In fact, he sucked at them majorly. And he had screwed up again. He watched as her jaw started to tremble and tears started to swell in her eyes. His face dropped as well as he saw this, not wanting to see her upset "Mina, that's not it" he started to explain before she left the room, not before sprinkling his carpet with a few of her tears. He went out to her but before he could even get a word out she was already gone out the door. He opened his mouth but all that came out was a depressed sigh.

He turned to face Haley, seeing her arms crossed and sweat on her forehead. "She told me she liked me and then asked me to be her boyfriend" he explained to her, not wanting to tell the whole story while the experience was still raw for both Haley and Mina. "I said we didn't know each other, that college hadn't even started and" he looked at her "that we had to be considerate of you as well. God why is everything so fucking complicated" he said as he walked to the couch, allow himself to fall face first onto it

Haley shrugged and sat next to him. "I told ya' she was in love with you...But ya' didn't listen to me. Listen...Here's what ya' gotta' do," she told him and walked to the kitchen to pour a glass of water while she explained. "She's out to get us somethin' to eat. When she's back, tell her you didn't mean to word it that way and tell her that you will see how things will develop through the year...that maybe there's a chance..." Haley was trying to be calm and not to seek and hunt down Mina, because she really liked Ciaran and wanted to have a chance with him in the future, so she didn't want Mina in the middle at all.

"Anyways, I'm gonna' have a shower, so see ya' later. Remember what I told ya'." Putting down the glass of water, she walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind her. She proceeded to undress and put the dirty clothes aside before stepping into the shower and let the ice cold water flow on her body. She didn't care it was very cold, it was still relaxing.

He moved his legs when he saw her come over, letting her sit beside him. He sat up as she explained what to do before getting some water from the kitchen. He listened to her explain what to do. He saw a spark of something in her eyes as she talked. he looked at her and smiled weakly as she went for a shower "If you really think that helps. Enjoy the shower" he said, watching the bathroom door closed. He layed on the couch again, thinking about what she had said before he feel asleep, the last two days having being draining on him.

Eventually, Mina arrived back half an hour later with some groceries, meat and much more stuff to finally give a nice look to the empty fridge. She looked at Ciaran who was sleeping and looked away. She felt hurt to talk to him now. Plus, she did not want to speak to him at all. She went to the kitchen and started to put all the things away. Haley was out of the shower already, wearing a beautiful black top that left her fit belly out for everyone to see, her casual jean shorts and a pair of trainers. Her precious red hair was tied in two pony-tails. She walked to the living room and saw Mina in the kitchen, putting the things she had bought away.
"Hey! Ya' are back, gurl. I guess ya' spent too much money in this stuff. I can pay it back if ya' want..."
"Oh...h-h-hi Haley. I was putting these things...Oh! No....y-you don't need to do that, sweetie. It's ok," Mina answered the werewolf with a giggle and a sweet smile. "But if you want you ca-"
"Yeah! No need to say it! I'll help ya' put all that shit away!" Haley told her with a grin and started to put the vegetables and the meat in their corresponding places. "Ya' know what? Maybe some of these days we can try and battle a bit...nah, not battle...but see how our powers unfold!" Haley said silently so Ciaran wouldn't hear.
"T-That's a great idea actually. I've rarely ever seen another vampire."

Back
Top Bottom