Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Her Guardian, His World (Soul&Fadereaper)

Soul16

Moon
bang bang! The bullets flew past Belle, grazing her cheek but otherwise leaving her unharmed. She yelped at the sudden shock of pain, before pushing on. Adrenaline made her faster than she normally was, making her oblivious to the various cuts she was getting from the branches of the trees. It was dark, the sky a moonless void. The perfect night to die, at the hands of a man who was supposed to be her family. Another bullet. Belle tripped over a root, falling on the earth, twisting her ankle...

Belle woke with a start, gasping for air, pressing a small hand to her heart. Her silver eyes were wide and alert, searching her room for the attacker in her dream. But he was dead. He had been dead for three years now. Her stepfather Adam Oake had been a cruel man, a man who felt more lust for his wife's daughter than for his actual wife. A man that had attempted to kill her, and was instead mauled to death by a large animal. The cop who was supposed to protect. Even dead, he haunted her dreams.

She brushed her thick, long pale blond hair away from her face, taking a deep breath as she calmed herself. She was safe. He was dead. Her and her mother were fine, and she needed to stop with these nightmares. She had been recommended a counselor, but she denied it. She didn't need mental help. What she needed after that event was to get on with her life, to find joy in it, maybe even a few friends. The friends part hadn't hapened yet, although after everyone found out her stepfather died, they had rushed to her side, as was customary in a small town. None of them truly knew what the man was like, and Belle knew they all had been trying to help her, but it only made her mad. Praising a sick pedophile.

That night, she should have died of cold out in those woods. But a huge beast led her home, a wolf that was larger than a normal wolf. Belle still didn't know if that part was real or not, because she had never seen that gorgeous animal again. She never told anyone either, not even her mother. He was her secret, the last bit of magic she would experience.

She stood up, walking around her bedroom to find clothes. Belle was tall, but she had small hands and feet. It made her very clumsy, making anything that involved running kind of out of the question. Unless she wanted to smash her face into the concrete. Finding the black shirt and jeans she wanted, she put them on and brushed her hair, grabbing her back pack and walking out the door. It was a chilly morning, almost cold enough for it to snow. Which was common in Moonsgrove around this time of the year. It was first day as a freshman in college, and honestly, all Belle wanted to do was go back to bed. She wasn't excited for school, never had been. It was only a means to get where she needed to be, which was an author. Belle didn't exactly have any friends either, so it was unlikely that she would make any.

After her first class was over, she had an extra two hours of free time before her next class started. So she sat underneath a large tree and pulled out a book, deciding to immerse in a story before her next class. Only problem was, was that she didn't bring a coat, and it started snowing.
"God dammit." She muttered under her breath. There was no way she could run to her apartment and come back before her next class. So she decided to run inside a building. She picked up her bag and jogged towards the closest building, only, of course, to trip and fall, her books flying out of her bag. She swore again, and shivered, trying to hurriedly pick up her things. It was just her luck, to end up without a coat on the one day it snowed...

-years before now-

Vastrian had been watching her for some time now, as she lived in that home with that man. He didn't see beyond the mesh of covers over the windows but he could hear everything, his sensitive ears catching it all in horrific detail. Every cry for help, every tearful plea. It was met on someone who was tearing up the turf of the forest to wish to be able to do something, but it was difficult for him to especially since it would look odd even if he was a wolf.

However as time went on something offered him his chance, it was the sound of gunshots in the distance from nearby their house. He could hear the mixture of sounds with his amplified sense of hearing, the panting as the young girl fought to escape her father. The loud cursing and the shots resounding from the man's fire arms as he gave chase, he had to do something or she would die.

So he followed her and would be able to distract the man by rustling the grass, giving him a sound to chase and as he got further and further away from his daughter. Vastrian was able to prowl on the man with ease, the only sight the man had before those final moments. Was the sight of gleaming green eyes in the night, his fur was a dark moonlight blue almost like black. Eyeing her step-father, he wasted no moment. Charging and managing to tear the man to the ground, only to finish the man by tearing his massive jaws through his fragile neck.

It was gruesome but it would easily be thought an animal attack, so while that mess would be sorted out. The large werewolf sought her out, when he finally revealed himself she would see the visage of the wolf. He was almost barking as if to lead her to follow him, and that is what he did so that she would be able to find her way back safely. He didn't know if she knew he killed her father, but he got her back safely and that was all he allowed himself to do. As quickly as he had arrived, he vanished into the night to return to his pack.

-Current day-

Now Vastrian was older, having been in the same college she was attending for a few more years than she and had already started toward working for his music degree. He loved music, especially his focus of the piano. In his human form which was the only one most people saw now days, he was tall standing at around six feet even. He had a head of short red hair that hugged his head nicely, spiking at his bangs. His eyes were a bright shade of blue, and he had a clear complexion of creamy white skin.

His features and muscles were well defined at least for the average human, he didn't wish to draw much attention to himself in that regard. He merely sought to study his field and enjoy his career as a student, but something was to tempt the fates while he was here. Someone he knew not by just their face, but by their scent.

He caught it on the wind, something he was surprised he had not noticed before. His lips tempted the word 'Belle' from his lips but no sound came from them as he mouthed it, he was watching as he suddenly caught the trail and was quick to travel through the small series of courtyards between buildings in this college campus and soon found her. Both cold, and on the ground from a recent tumble he heard.

He smirked at the sight but would quickly disregard that in favor of rushing to her, and soon he was next to her and his voice would sound next to the woman. "Excuse me, but you look like you could use a hand inside to the warm interior of the school." It said with a smile, when she would look at him she would see his outfit.

He was wearing a red shirt underneath a black jacket, the jacket was made of a fine smooth material and its length ran past his waist and cut off just above his knees. He had a pair of black sneakers over white socks, and a pair of black cargo pants. The only other feature adding to his attire was a single golden necklace he wore draped around his neck, the end held a golden circle. However only one half was filled of this circle, it bore the image of a silver wolf that seemed to have its eye closed and his head almost resting on something not seen.

He knelt next to her and without prompting was trying to assemble some of what had already spilled on the ground.

Belle jumped and a short yelp escaped her lips as she turned to see the man who talked to her. He looked vaguely familiar, although she couldn't put her finger on where she had met him before. She smiled. "Uh, yeah, that'd be kind of helpful." As they assembled all her crap Belle shoved it back in there quiet violently. She was in no mood to take her time to get everything in there neat and organized. She was cold. She wrapped her arms around her body and shivered. "Let's get going then, shall we?" She was just being polite, but it was a sort of awkward politeness. Old habits die hard. Even after her stepfather died, she had a hard time making friends.

Friends and Belle didn't exactly mix well. The times she tried to hang out with people ended up with her being quiet the entire time and it just being awkward for both parties. Belle didn't like to talk so much. She'd much rather just lounge about reading a good book with her mouth shut. She found comfort in the world of Storyland, her becoming a pirate, a vampire, a damsel in distress. Fantasyland helped her cope with her childhood. It also made her want to be an author.

"I recognize you, from somewhere. I don't know where though." She told him as they entered the school. She smiled in appreciation to the warmth, rubbing her arms to warm them up faster. "I'm Belle Lunaria."

He was finally done collecting her belongings and when she was finally done assembling them she got a look at him, and noticed almost instantly that there was some lingering memory of who he was. He was a little confused, had she seen him outside of his wolf form? But then he realized, it was probably just a harmless realization that she knew him from school.

Her way of speaking and the words she chose made it hard to grasp words necessarily, but he was attempting to lessen the tension. "Yes can't let you catch your death of cold out here," helping her up or at least attempting too and soon they were back in the school structure. It was the building which was specifically designated for the sciences, which was definitely 'not' his next class.

"Oh I am sorry but I might need to be regaled on how we know each other, I am Vastrian Calair, maybe I know you from one of my classes?" He asked curiously, "I mainly am into musics and the arts so I don't know which we might be in the same one as."

Belle nodded. "Arts. You must be in one of my classes." Belle brushed her hair behind her ear. "Well, thanks for helping me with my stuff, and getting me inside." She smiled. "I should really get going now." She realized they were in the science building, which was definitely not where she was going. She needed to get to her creative writing class. "I need to brave the cold again." She laughed, wrapping her arms around her body. "Just as I got warm too."

He was quick to interject in response to her attempt to easily escape his company, which he concluded was her intent all along. "We shouldn't have to just travel separately, if you are going to the art building I can go with you it will be better than traveling alone." He said as he quickly caught up with her as she stopped to brace for the cold, he didn't have much of a decent jacket for the cold but he didn't really need it. He would withdraw the black jacket from his body and showing the red shirt underneath, which was molding to his figure a little snugly.

He handed her the long black jacket and said, "go ahead and put this on for the journey to the building, it isn't very thick but it will serve you better than none." He said with a smile, hoping that the gesture would be well received. "Besides, will probably suit your looks better than it would mine."

Belle internally groaned. She didn't like being social. Although she did appreciate his help, she didn't want to walk to class with him. But something inside of her told her she should be nice to him, accept the help he's giving her. She sighed, frustrated between her anti-social side and the other side that wanted to walk to class with him. Finally though, after what could only have been a minute but felt like a lifetime, she accepted the long black coat. "Thanks." She put it on, and although she was in no shape or form tiny once so ever, the coat still dwarfed her. That was the perks of being a very fit six foot tall man she assumed. Everything of his that a girl wears tends to be over sized.

She walked out into the snowy outside with him, and as they walked to the arts building, she was a little... awkward. This wasn't something she did often. And yet, even though they already established that they knew each other from school, she felt like she had known him before this. She felt like she had known him wayyy before this, seeing him around the college. But she couldn't put her finger on where.
"So, uh, Vastrian. That's a unique name." She sweeped her hair to one side of her face, the side that Vastrian could see, so that there was a curtain between the two of them. A blush crept up her cheeks. She had no idea how to do this.

He looked at her with a smile when she commented on his name, it was unique but then he wasn't exactly from here and his name was more 'traditional'. "It is I guess, almost as unique as a surname like Luniara." He said with a grin as he would follow her to the art and literature building in the school, it was a short walk but through the snow it felt like a long journey.

He could not really see her face through the hair barrier she created to hide her face, he could see faint hints of her face but her face being red he attributed to being red from the cold. "So exactly how long have you been studying?" He asked curiously, he was finding it hard to maintain a conversation she seemed rather nervous.

"I find it hard to believe I have never really seen you around if only a little, are you new here?"

Belle nodded. "Yeah, I'm new here. Freshman." They got inside the building, which was a relief to Belle. She looked up at Vastrian. No matter how many times she looked at him, it amazed her that a human being could be so tall. She took off his jacket, handing it to him. "Thanks for the warmth. I need to remember to bring a coat. Never know when its gonna snow!" She tried to make it sound like a joke, but since Belle wasn't so good at jokes it was just awkward. She brushed her hair behind her ear. "Anyways yeah. It was nice to meet you Vastrian." She darted into her next class, her face still red. Partly from the cold, and partly from her interaction with the handsome giant.

Class ended, and Belle walked outside. It was like a blizzard, and she rubbed her arms to keep herself warm. This was her last class for the day, and so she had to make the half an hour walk to her apartment. Her body was numb within five minutes of being outside, so at least she didn't actually feel the cold. If only her body could have been numb whenever Adam had been around.
"God dammit Belle, quit thinking about that crap!" She said to herself. She still couldn't forget even after three years of her tormentor being gone. Everyday she always to at least once have a flashback of life as an abused teenager. She shook her head in shame of herself. She needed to toughen up and get over it. That's what her mom used to say. Back then, it was kind of bitchy of her to say. Now though, it was something Belle really needed to do.

Once again, the girl tripped over her own feet, landing in the thick snow face first. At least there had been snow to cushion her fall this time. She sat up, brushing snow off her face and once again picking up her belongings.

When she said that he smirked and said, "well I don't know about that I mean, it is winter after all." He said with a teasing grin on his face as he gave her a small pat on the shoulder, even perhaps a tiny little hug but it was only brief as she was already peeling away to head to her next class. So tossing his book bag over his shoulder he strode to his own class, it was a music related course and he was always eager to show up. It was his passion and he always enjoyed showing up to the numerous and bright faces that greeted him each class, before they would start to receive their lectures.

It wasn't long when he would finally conclude his final class for college and would be left with just his school work to complete and his job, it was a simple job but it was more for joy. It was teaching students the piano, something he enjoyed doing but he didn't get much hours for it.

Who was that? He thought to himself when he saw someone crash into the snow, when he got closer to the collapsed figure he could see the figure from above but not her face. He was quick to voice his presence, "hang on there let me help you up." He said as he once again tried to get her up from the ground, surprised pleasantly that he had encountered her again so soon.

Back
Top Bottom