Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Taking Her In (Josu_T and nightsorceress)

Lily tryed to help him carry her bags in but he beat her to it. He was a gentleman she thought She followed him upstairs to what would now be her room. she looked around in all. She couldn't believe that he he would give her such a nice room. It amazed her. Her eyes watered when she saw the drawing board and easel. She turned around move over to him then before he had a chance to say anything Lily hugged him, and then planted a soft kiss on his lips "thank you"

When Lily had finished looking around Tyler could see she liked it. That was good. He was glad she liked it. He smiled at her as she got close. Then she surprised him. She hugged him. Just as he got over the surprise and hugged her back, she kissed his lips softly.

He let go of her and stepped back, not sure what to think. He still smiled at her. "Uh, I'm glad you like it Lily. I'll let you get settled. Dinner will be ready in about an hour. Tomorrow we can work on getting you student loans. At dinner just tell me anything else you need. I will get it here for you. Now the only thing we have to worry about is the media finding out you live here. That could create some confusion and some problems."

Lily watched as he stepped back from her. She thought she might have gotten a little over excited and the kiss made him uncomfortable. "i can only imagine what those media dogs would see if they found out." She seem to getting angry. It was pretty clear what people think would think if they knew she was living with the man that will take over her father's company.

Tyler nodded and sighed. It wouldn't be good if the media found out. "Well, it just means a little more driving to lose them and only telling a few selected people that you live here. If we are found out, you can just say that you rent the room here. Anyway, get settled and just come downstairs for dinner when you are ready." He smiled and left the room to allow her time to just relax and put some of her things away.

Lily sighed when he left the room. She was very grateful for everything Tyler was doing for her, but part of her still felt alone. She hope that feeling would lessen over time. Lily began to unpack some of her thing and as she did she noticed herself in the mirror. Her hair was in a messy pony tail, she was in old over sized clothes and her cheeks were tear stained. She realize how messy she looked.

Lily decided to take a quick shower and change. She did her hair in a simple braid and put on a light blue causal dress that came to her knees. She looked amazing as she left her room and went down to join Tyler for dinner.

Tyler went down to the kitchen and started cooking dinner right away. He worked for an hour to get it ready. He hoped that Lily would like it. He recalled her father once saying something about her liking a specific meal. He had found a recipe for it and bought the ingredients. He made sure to follow the instructions closely. He also made a fair bit. He wasn't sure how hungry she would be.

He got the food on the table just as Lily came downstairs. He was surprised to see her dressed quite nice. She looked pretty in her dress with her hair braided. He smiled at her. It was a huge contrast from what she had looked like only an hour before. He got up and pulled out her chair for her. "I see you made good use of your shower. If I may say so, you look very nice. I hope you enjoy dinner tonight. I think your father mentioned it once and said you liked it. So....if it is bad, blame him." He smiled at her and went to sit across the table from her.

Lily took a seat and smiled "thank you" she looked at the food in front of her and then looked to Tyler "This looks wonderful, you didn't have to go through all this trouble" She took a bite and her smile grew "tyler you are a good cook, this is wonderful." she ate a little more of the meal before looking up at him "you have to tell me what your favorite is so i can make it for you"

Tyler waited for Lily to start eating before he did. He took a bite and enjoyed it. He was glad it had turned out well. He had been lucky. He continued to eat as she said he should tell her his favorite. He smiled and shook his head. "No, that is not nessecary. I don't want you to feel as if you have to do anything for me. You don't owe me anything. So if you're asking so you can make it up to me, please don't. I'm just happy to help you out."

"i am asking because i want to help you. Why should you have to come home and cook, when i can, I really do enjoy cooking. And cleaning for that matter." Lily explained softly hoping that he would take her offer.

Tyler nodded. She seemed sincere. He had to smile. "Ok Lily. I think you're a little crazy now, to enjoy cleaning, but if you enjoy it I can't prevent you from doing it. Just remember, you don't need to cook every day, or clean all the time. You have your classes to deal with. I am also fully capable of cooking and cleaning if I need to."

"alright alright, now just tell me what your favorite food is" Lily said with a cute giggle. She couldn't help but feel happy around Tyler. She didn't know what it was about him, but he was able to make her feel happy in her darkest time.

Tyler laughed and smiled at Lily. "Well you are very persistant, aren't you. Ok, I guess I'll tell you. If it is made well, my favorite food is spaghetti, with or without meatballs, either way it is good." He continued eating and started to think about some of the things that they still needed to do. The most important was the student loans for her school. He was sure that it would just take filling out the paperwork. The fact that she had a guaranteed fortune once she graduated, meaning she could pay off the loans quickly, would probably make it really easy to get the needed money.

Lily laughed at him she couldn't help it. His favorite food was spaghetti "well your to simple. I guess i will just have to kick it up a notch to make sure it is made right" Lily was not going to make store bought sauce, or meat balls, no she was going to make every thing from scratch. Even the pasta she was going to make from scratch.

Tyler laughed a little at her comment about him being simple. He smiled at her, happy that she was so willing to help him around the house. He could tell she had some ideas going through her mind. He simply finished his food. Once Lily was done as well he got up and took both of their plates into the kitchen and placed them in the sink. Then he returned with dessert.

"well dinner and dessert, do you do this to all the lady's or just the ones you are helping" Lily laughed happily. She was starting to become her old self. Her heart began to feel lighter, more like her old self. She couldn't believe how wonderful it felt to have just someone to talk to and not be alone anymore.

He sat back down and laughed a little at her comment. It was nice to see her happy. He had a feeling that she hadn't really smiled at all since the day he had called her with the bad news. Now she seemed to be doing better. At least she was laughing. He hoped that in time she would be back to her normal self. He ate his dessert but couldn't think of a way to respond to her comment. Eventually he spoke again. "I hope you enjoyed dinner tonight. You can do whatever you want tonight. If you are setting up your room and think of things you need, just let me know. I'll be around the house somewhere. Also, feel free to explore the house all you want."

As lily finished up her dessert she heard Tyler's comment about setting up her room, or exploring the house. Both were things she would be doing alone. She sighed on the inside she hoped to spend a little more time with him. She didn't want to be alone anymore, but she knew he probably he needed his own space. "thank you Tyler I will try to be quiet so has not make to much noise, or bother you, i am sure you must be a busy man"

Tyler quickly realised that she was unhappy with what he'd said. He shook his head. "No, I'm not busy at all. I'm sorry. I just thought you would want to get your room set up the way you wanted it. I'd be happy to help you out with that. I'd also be happy to give you a tour of the house." He definitely didn't want her to be upset or feel lonely at all. He just thought that since she was younger than him and because he didn't know what she thought of him, she might not want to spend a lot of time around him.

Lily bit her lip softly. She didn't mean for him to catch on that she was unhappy. But he did, and part of her was glad she did not want to be a lone. She had been a lone since her father died. "thank you i would love a tour of your home, if its not to much trouble."

Tyler smiled and got up from the table. He took the dishes into the kitchen and placed them on the counter. He then returned to Lily. "Ok. Let's start with the bottom floor. You have seen the dining room. You can eat in here or on the table in the kitchen. Wherever you want." He started to take her through the house. He showed the bottom floor where the living room, dining room, and kitchen took up the majority of the space. He showed her the bathroom and his office that were also on the bottom floor, then the garage.

He moved next to the basement. It was a large room that had an attached bathroom. It was furnished well and was mostly used as a recreational room. The washing machine and dryer were tucked into a corner. It had a large tv, a pool table, and another table for games. He also had a large bookshelf full of his various books. There were a few other entertainment things down there. He sometimes had friends over to hang out and have a good time, but he felt those days may soon come to an end if he did take over the company.

He finished with the top floor. She already knew of her bedroom. He pointed out where his bedroom was. There were three extra rooms. One he had as another guest room. Another was used as a storage room. He had a number of boxes full of a variety of items. Each was labelled and put in a spot where he could find it if needed. He had an attic but didn't use it. The third was his gym. He did not have much in there, but he had a treadmill and a few things that he used daily to stay active. His room, like hers, had a bathroom within it. The other three did not, so there was also another bathroom. Overall it was a very large house that had more than enough space for him. He would not have bought it normally, but it was amazing and not very expensive either. It also fit with his dreams for his future. It would be amazing for a family.

He finished by showing her the back yard. It was large with neatly trimmed grass. He had a shed with a number of garden and household tools. It also had some sports equipment. When his friend were over the also often played sports of some kind, using the large space. He also had some some garden space. Most of the landscaping he had maintained with someone that came in once a week. Otherwise he wouldn't have enough time. When he was done showing her everything and explaining about everything he brought her back inside and to her room. He looked at what she had brought and figured it would not take much time to set up. He let her tell him what to do with the various items.

Lily could not believe the size of his house. She never thought a single guy like him need such a large house. But then again maybe he did not plan on staying single. He was a very attractive man, and she was surprised that he wasn't already married and starting a family.

Lily began to put things away in her room, she told him where she wanted some of her things to go, but she did not want to push him into helping her. "thank you so much for the tour, and your help putting away my things." She moved closer to him and then gave him a hug. "I still can not thank you enough for letting me stay here."

After helping Lily put her things away in her room he turned to leave. Before he could she thanked him and hugged him. He smiled and returned the hug. "It is really no problem Lily. As you can see, I have more than enough room. Also, it is the least I could do to help you after all your family did for me. I hope you are able to feel at home here. I have a little work to do now before I go to bed. If you need anything just check my office and if I'm not there, just knock on my bedroom door. I hope you have a nice evening." He smiled and left her room, going down to his office to check some emails and do a bit of work to prep for the next day.

Lily watched him leave. and then sighed. She was starting to realize that she was looking at Tyler a different way, he was more then just the man her father appointed to take over the company, and she started to noticed that she was looking at him in a way that was more then a friend. She tried to shake it off but it was going to be hard. Lily got ready for bed, she changed into a black night gown and left her hair braided. She climbed into bed, but she was restless. Finally about midnight she could not sleep she thought making herself a cup of tea would help.

Lily slipped down stairs and into the kitchen. SHe did not put a robe on because she figured he was in bed. She began to boil the hot water.

Tyler sat at his desk in his office and got to work. The emails were easy to deal with. It was the report that he had to finish that took time. As he sent it to print he yawned. Moments later he was asleep. At around midnight the printer beeped at him, telling him that it was out of paper. He woke and spent a few minutes getting more paper in only to have it print one last page. With a sigh he got up and shut everything down.

He left the office and started off toward his room. He heard movement in the kitchen. He looked at the light was on. He went over to see what was going on. As he turned around the corner and looked in he saw Lily. He was quite surprised. She was wearing only a night gown. He stopped in his tracks. He fought to find something to say. "Uh, oh, its you. I fell asleep in my office. On my way back up I heard something. I..I wasn't sure if it was you or...or what."

Lily was almost done making her tea when she heard something come her way. Her eyes locked on the door and then there appeared tyler. She was shocked she thought he went to bed ages ago. "i'm sorry i thought you went to bed, I couldn't sleep so i came down here to make myself some tea hoping that would help." Lily bit her lip softly

Back
Top Bottom