Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Taking Her In (Josu_T and nightsorceress)

Josu_T

Supernova
Tyler Garner woke up and stepped out of the large bed. He stretched as he walked into the en suite bathroom of his master bedroom. Stepping into the shower he woke himself up fully. When he was done showering he dried himself and started his daily grooming process. He combed his neatly cut, light brown hair and shaved. He then got dressed in a nice business suit and wore his expensive black shoes. He felt he was a fairly good looking man. He was 6'2" tall with an average build.

After a simple breakfast in the kitchen he went out to his fancy car and went off toward work. He lived in a nice neighbor hood with a large home, much larger than most single men owned. It was quite nice, especially for a man of only thirty two years. He had been extremely lucky. The owner of the company he worked for had picked him out as someone who could eventually run the company. So he had been given a big position and was being taught everything he needed to know to eventually be the boss. Not only that, but he really enjoyed the work. There were some people in his position who didn't like what they did. He wasn't one of them.

When he got to the office he parked in his reserved spot and took the elevator up to his office. He stepped in and took a look out at the view he had of the city. It was beautiful. With a smile he sat down behind his desk and checked his email. After sending a few replies he looked at any mail he had recieved, followed by reading the newspaper, looking for anything taht applied to him or the company. When he was finally done that he asked his secretary for a run down of the day. It sounded like a good one. The morning was mostly free, and then he had a lunch appointment with the boss. He was looking forward to that. He liked the man, and he was fairrly sure the man really liked him.

Lillian Hart, or Lily as she liked to be called was busy studying in her dorm. She was 20 years old and already she was doing better in school then her class mates. Lily applied her to everything she did and was successful at everything she applied herself to. That is why her father wanted to run the company that he had work so hard to build but she turned him down to just live a normal life.

But Lily was not a normal girl, she was one of the top ten wealthiest heiress in the world. Being that rich did not seem to turn lily into a snob. She did not buy designer clothes, or latest fashion pet.

Today was the day everything changed for Lily. While in the office that morning her father had a heart attack and died. She was unaware of the event that were unfolding as she studied. How she had just lost the only parent she had.

It was only a couple of hours after he had arrived at the office when Tyler was inturupted by a scream. He bolted up from his chair and ran to his door. He opened it and looked outside. The boss' secretary was crying out for help. Tyler ran to the office and looked inside. The man he respected was laying on the floor motionless. Tyler did not know any first aid or CPR, so all her could do was step back and watch someone who did rush in and try to save him. Tyler waited nervously. When the ambulance arrived they rushed him to the hospital.

Tyler was distracted for the next few hours. He waited to hear from the hospital. When the news did come, it wasn't good. He had died soon after arriving at the emergency room. He stared blankly at his desk, not sure what to do. Eventually he decided on something. He remembered his family. He had a daughter. He asked around to see if anyone had called her. When he found that no one had, he found her number and sat behind his desk. With a sigh he dialed the number and waited for her to pick up. He hoped the hospital had called her, that way he would only be calling to give his condolences. He did not want to be the one to tell her that her father was dead. He waited nervously to hear the other end of the line pick up.

Lily was lucky she didn't have classes until after noon today so she had lost of time to finish a paper. and read some chapter for different classes, and study. if she was able to get that done she would not have to rush dinner with her father tonight. She always enjoyed going home to eat with her father at night even if they had to rush it at least allowed the two to stay close.

Her cell phone began to ring and she looked down at the number. she noticed it her fathers office, but not his number. She wrinkled her forehead and then answer the phone. "hello, this is Lillian."

Tyler waited nervously as the phone rang. With each ring he worried about what she might say when she found out, or if she already knew, how she might be reacting. He knew they had a good relationship. He just knew he needed to talk to her and either let her know or just tell her he was sorry to hear about it.

When she answered he paused and then spoke. "Uh, hi Lillian. This is Tyler Garner speaking." She didn't sound upset at all. He didn't think the hospital had called yet. He took a deep breath. "I'm calling because of your father. I don't think anyone has called to tell you yet....but he had a heart attack. He died at the hospital. I....I'm so sorry. He was a great man."

Lily smiled when it was Tyler. He was good man, and treated her kindly. She was glad when her father choose Tyler to take over the company one day she knew he would run the company just as he father had. She went to say hello but then he continued before he gave her a chance. "what no! your lying he can't be, no." tears stream down her cheeks in that moment. She felt like she was in a fog all of a sudden. her head was spinning as her whole world came crashing down around her.

Tyler could almost hear the moment when her heart broke. It saddened him that he had to be the one to tell her the tragic news. He let her have a few moments before saying anything. "I'm afraid it is true. I am so sorry. They weren't able to save him. Are you going to be ok? Do you need someone to talk to?" He listened carefully. He felt really bad for her. He couldn't imagine losing his parents.

Lily just starred in the distance not really listening to what Tyler was saying. "how can this happen" she said more to herself then Tyler. she was in such of state of shock. "i have to...to...go to the hospital. oh god i have to make arrangements. This is not happening." Lily still held the phone to her ear as she stumbled around her dorm looking for car keys but not really looking. She was in no state to drive anywhere. Tyler could here crashing and banging on his line as if he was tearing her place apart.

Tyler could hear the noise on her end. It didn't sound good. She was not taking the news well. "Lily! Stop. I will come and pick you up. I don't think it would be good for you to drive right now. I will also do whatever I can to help you out with the arrangements. Don't worry. You're still at the same school, right? I'll be there as soon as I can be." He waited for a confirmation as he gathered his wallet and keys, ready to go.

Lily stop when he told her to. and she just stood in the middle of the room. Sort of coming back to her mind. "thank you Tyler, i am still at the same school." With that she hung up the phone. Her knees gave out, and she fell to the floor. Her head fell into her hands and she began to cry. Lily was taking the news very hard. Her and her father were so close. he was he best friend, and her only parent her mother died when she was a baby. Now she was alone in the world.

Tyler nodded to himself as she said she was at the same place. He hung up the phone and nearly ran out of the room. He needed to make sure she was ok. Her father would want her to stay safe and be ok. He went right to his car and had to resist the urge to speed.

It did not take him long to get to the school. He parked near the dorms and then found the dorm building that he was fairly sure Lily lived in. He then took out his cell phone and dialed her number. He hoped she was still responsive and hoped she had not yet left to go to the hospital.

Lily sat in the middle of the room crying until she heard her cell phone ring again. She looked down and saw that it was Tyler calling her again. With shaking a shaking hand she brought the cell phone to her ear "hello" she said weakly. She then rose from her place on the floor and went to her door. Her Dorm was close to the entrance so she would be able to see him coming in. She opened the door and looked out into the hallway.

When Lily answered the phone he heard that she was still not doing well. He entered the dorm and looked for her. When he saw her he went over to her. He wrapped an arm around her and held her for a moment, trying to comfort her. He then let her close the door to her dorm and led her off to his car. He got her into the passenger's seat and then sat behind the wheel. He didn't start the car and looked over at her. "Hey, I'm really sorry about your father. He was a great man. Don't worry though. I will do all I can to help you get through this."

A month has past since her fathers death and Lily's days went from bad to worse. It was hard enough to be alone in the world but then to find out due to poorly written will she had nothing. Her father's lawyer worded the will in such a way that lily would not have control over her father's estate until she either finished school or was married.

Of course without her family money she did not have the tuition money to stay in school. and soon she was forced to leave. and without control over her father estate she was kicked out of her home until she completed school or was married. So she was now homeless.

With the little bit of money she found herself staying at a hotel. But that could only last as long as she had money.

The press had a field with the new information and they waited outside the hotel day and night to try to catch a new update on the 'broken heiress'

After the death of his boss Tyler also attended the reading of the will. While Lily had been stuck in a tough spot because of it, Tyler had come out on top. He got a huge promotion and a large raise in salary. There was also now a very good chance that he could end up in the top position in the company fairly soon. Again, the will clauses were not too clear, but there was something about him becomming president and CEO of the company in five years, after more experience working on the board.

He spent a week arguing with the lawyers about Lily's situation, but they woudn't budge. He tried to get the media away from her hotel, but they wouldn't cooperate and the police wouldn't clear them out. Whatever he did, he was unable to help her. He also didn't want to violate the will by giving her money.

He poured over the will in all his spare time. He read it over and over again. Then, one time while he was reading it he was wandering aimlessly around his house. He entered an empty room and suddenly realised what he could do. He went to his phone and immediately dialed Lili's number. He jsut hoped she would be willing to pick up.

Lily was thankful for Tyler's efforts to try and help her. but she knew that he couldn't continue. He now had the company to run, and she didn't want to see her fathers company ruined, she knew Tyler would do a great job.

Lily still spent much of her time morning her father. A month was not long enough to adjust to the death of her father and best friend, not with everything else that was going on. so when her phone rang and she answered it who ever was on the other end could clearly hear in her voice she had been crying again.

Tyler heard Lily andwer. She didn't sound like she was doing well. He frowned. After a deep breath he tried to sound not as sad. "Hey Lily. It's Tyler. I'm calling because I have a solution for you. I want you to pack all your things and get it all in your car. Then start to drive. Drive until you lose any media who follow you. Once you do, come to my place. I havve plenty of room here where you can stay for free. I will hire you to the company in a part time position that will get you some money. We will get you a student loan to pay for your classes. Trust me. This way everything should work out just fine."

Lily wrinkled her forehead and Tyler spoke. She couldn't believe what he was offering her. "oh tyler that is so sweet of you, but really you have my father's company to run, your life has been turned upside down as well, you don't have to trouble yourself with me. I'll figure something out. But i can't thank you enough for the offer" She would hate her self for causing any trouble for him.

Tyler could understand why Lily was not eager to take his offer. He was not going to take a no for an answer though. He was going to help her no matter what it took. "No Lily. This is not going to create problems for me. I have more room here than I know what to do with, and a lot more money than I am used to having. I know your father's will word for word. There is nothing in there that prevents me from helping you in this way. Turst me, it will work out well. If you turn down this offer I will search until I find a way to help you that you will accept."

Lily smiled a little to herself at how eager he was to help her. It nice to have a friend like him. "Alright Tyler, i will be to your house shortly. Thank you" Lily hung up the phone and the collected her things. She happy to getting out of this hotel room and back into a real home. Once everything was collected she went down to her car and there were reporters waiting. She sighed and got in her car. It would take her about a half hour to shake all of them but once she did headed over to Tyler's home. She grabbed her bags then walk up to his door ringing the bell.

When Lily agreed to what he had offered, Tyler smiled. After she hung up he got right to work getting things ready for her. He cleared any of his things out of his free room and placed it in another. She gave her a nice room that included an en suite bathroom, with bathtub. He made sure it was clean and the bed had fresh sheets. Once it was all ready he waited in the living room for her to arrive.

It was not long before he heard the doorbell. He smiled and got up. He went right to the door and opened it. He saw Lily there and could immediately tell she had been having hard times. He smiled and hugged her. "Hi Lily. I'm glad you came. Let's get your things inside. I have a room set up for you. If you want, we can paint it and decorate it however you want as well. Anything you need, just let me know. After all your father did for me, it is the least I can do to repay you and your family."

Lily hugged him back happy to have a friend right now. "thank you so much Tyler. I promise i won't be any trouble for you. I can cook and clean to help out around the house. Anything you need or want i will do." Lily was so grateful for his help. She would do her best to stay out of his way and help out around the house.

Tyler let Lily go and turned to look at her car. He then looked back at her. "I am sure you won't be any problem. You would have to go out of your way to be a problem for me. Anyway, you don't really have to do anything. Focus on your classes. If you have time to cook, that would be helpful, but all I expect you to clean is your room, and even that is your choice. Now, let's get your things into your room." He went out to her car and waited for her to open the trunk so he could start carrying things inside.

Lily would cook and clean even if he said she didn't have to. She was not someone to sit around and do nothing for someone who was helping her out. It would be wrong of her. She moved off the step and down to her car. She open the truck and there were about 4 suitcases. 1 with school stuff 2 with clothing and 1 with just personal thing she wanted to remind her of her father.

Tyler took two trips and placed the bags just inside the living room. Once her things were inside he led her to her new room. He smield at her. "Well, here is your room. I hope it is nice enough for you." He opened the door and let her go inside. While he let her look around he brought her bags in and placed them in the middle of the room. He had got the room ready as much as he could for her. There were nice towels in the bathroom and a drawing board, as well as an easel. Everything he thought she might need.

Back
Top Bottom