Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost and now Found(Lounger/Moon)

FoxWriter

Cluster
It was finally time. He had finally found her. After almost seventeen years of searching, he had found her. He took a deep breath, forcing himself to calm down as he glanced around at the small town he had found himself in. he rather liked the quaint feeling, it reminded him of home. He hadn't been home since he'd started his search for the Lost One. Now, how to get close to her? That was going to take some doing...

“Have you heard?!” it was a high-school rumor mill running full stop. “there's a new boy coming in today to start school here! He lives Alone.” which would set off mass giggling and swooning. Others joined in, whispering about how someone had caught sight of the new boy buying groceries, how he was Super Cute! there where tons of rumors, from where he'd come from, to why he was there. Some thought he was an Egyptian prince while others where sure he was from France. No one knew for sure just where he was from, and no one had caught more than a glimpse of him as he bought things for his, admittedly, very upper end apartment. The students of the local high-school where even more excited today, because the new boy was going to start that day. They'd all finally be able to catch a proper glimpse of him, see who he was, if he was worth knowing and learn what they could to see if he was worth knowing.

The bell rang, and it was a lot of disappointed students who realized he hadn't arrived yet. And wouldn't until halfway through the first period. He arrived in Advanced World History with a note explaining why he was late. “There was a problem with my schedule.” the boy explained, his voice rich, calming... and slightly accented in a very sexy way. He was definitely not from the states, but it was hard to tell just where he was actually from. The Teacher accepted the excuse, but made the new Student stand in front of everyone and 'introduce himself'.

“Buna.” he chirped, offering them all a small bow. “I am Daneas(Dan-Ace). I have moved here from Romania. It is a pleasure to meet you all.” he stated with a charming smile as he looked around the room. There! That was Her, the Lost One. It was true, he had found her... now he just had to get close to her, gain her trust, and carefully, slowly, tell her who he Really was. Oh, his name was really Daneas. But he certainly wasn't from Romania, though his accent was, as always, correct and he had a birth certificate, and even a birth record from that country, it was all fake. He couldn't just tell people he was from another world after all. After telling them he was eighteen and other stupid things at th teacher's insistence... he was pretty sure that no one cared that his favorite food was Toba, which freaked everyone out when he explained it was sort of like Headcheese... which was not cheese at all, but rather all the meat from a pigs head, Toba was often mixed with liver, or skin, and cooked in a pigs stomach. After Daneas admitted to that the teacher finally let him sit down. Looking a little freaked out himself, which made Daneas want to start laughing.

Samantha wasn't really surprised at how excited everyone was getting over the new student...after all in a little town like this new students were few and far between....infact this was probably the first Samantha would've met, the last one or two were in different years to her. As much as Samantha had tried to avoid getting caught up in the rumours and excitement....it was kind of impossible really. Rumours spread fast and you had little choice but to go with the flow or just get left behind after all, though Samantha did at least avoid the temptation to start making up her own rumours...unlike some students.

She had heard them all...the new student was a Prince, the son of a Billionaire, an undercover agent working for the police or FBI, an assassin and even that he was the secret illegitimate son of the President. They were so outlandish that Samantha couldn't help but laugh, she was kind of enjoying the hype and build up even more than the student actually arriving...she worried that when he did finally arrive it would be something of an anti-climax.

When he did arrive though....well none of the rumours quite prepared people. As he walked in, there was an audible gasp from a few girls as they swooned at the sight of him, some guys looking on jealously. Then he started to speak...his accent causing a few more swoons....Samantha had to admit, that accent was rather dreamy...it was certainly exotic, especially for a town like this where most people hadn't even left the state, let alone the country. Accents like that only existed on TV as far as most people around here were concerned.
His explanations were a little....stranger...especially his preferences when it came to food....Sam tried to push that out of her mind altogether.
But then.....she felt an odd feeling. Like someone was watching her rather intensely.....weird. Ah well, she just pushed the sensation to the back of her mind and tried to ignore it as the new student took his seat and the lessons of the day resumed.

Daneas smiled brightly at them all, and ended up standing in front of his peers time and time again. it was soon obvious that he was making up his 'favorite foods' to get out of talking in front of the class as before lunch had even started, Daneas had claimed his favorite as 'goats brains on toast' and 'liver and kidney pie served with a sauce made from chicken blood'. as soon as the the students realized Daneas was most likely making it up, they found the whole thing hilarious. they all wanted to talk to the new student, so by the time lunch came around, Daneas found himself surrounded by teenagers asking incessant questions that he didn't want to answer. where where his parents? dead. why did he move to America? he was born here, once his parents died he was deported. what was his REAL favorite food? the souls of teenagers who couldn't mind their own business. that only seamed to amuse the collection of gatherers around Daneas. favorite school subject? languages. favorite color? he didn't have one. favorite flower? who cares about flowers? on and on it went until Daneas begged off so he could eat something.

he somehow found himself sitting right next to Samantha while people continued to chatter at him about how cool he was and how he was invited to their house and whatnot. it was easy to see all the attention was annoying Daneas, but the other students didn't seam to care as Daneas wolfed down three sandwiches and an apple as well as two bottles of water and a pudding. one student actually asked him if he would join their football team, to which he replied that he couldn't join team sports. no one had the chance to ask what that meant as the bell rang and they all scattered to finish their own lunch before classes started. "oh thank the merciful heavens." he sighed, looking at Samantha. "are they always like that!?"

As the morning went on, the questions and answers were becoming more and more outlandish, much like the rumours that had surrounded Daneas before his arrival....though what he was saying would probably just fuel some of those rumours, or start new ones all of their own. More than once Samantha found herself giggling at the answers he was giving, and at the reactions some of the students were having. Some of the girls weren't sure whether to swoon or faint in shock it seemed. Still, all the attention he was getting, she couldn't help feeling just a little bit sorry for him....they were going to end up scaring the poor guy straight back out of town at this rate. Even lunchtime brought no escape, the poor boy being hounded to the point that he might very well miss the lunch break. Samantha was tempted to try and save him, but she doubted there was much she could do to tear the group away from him, all she could do was leave him to his poor undeserved fate whilst she went for her own lunch, before lunchtime was over.

As usual Samantha was sat by herself for lunch. It wasn't that she was actively avoided or anything like that, she just wasn't a hugely sociable person. She wasn't exactly anti-social, but in the back of her mind there was always a feeling of not belonging....like she didn't quite fit around here for some reason. She knew she was adopted, her parents had never hidden that fact from her, though they had also made it clear they loved her as much as they would their own flesh and blood were they actually capable of having children, though that wasn't entirely possible, what with both of her parents being women and all. Still, having two mothers did have some advantages...no embarrassing chats with a father who wouldn't get the 'girl things' for one.
When Daneas ended up sitting beside her, Samantha was a little surprised, but she wasn't going to push him away or ask him to leave her alone. "Ah...well don't be too hard on them" Samantha looked up and smiled. "A new student is seriously rare around here, you're pretty much what passes for a celebrity in a town like this. Don't be surprised if you start getting asked for autographs at some point" She grinned and shook her head as she glanced around the cafeteria, a few people already staring at them, clearly wondering how Samantha had managed to 'snag' the new guy into a willing conversation.

Daneas was seriously wishing he'd decided to come in as a teacher, despite the extra hassle it would have taken. still, he couldn't just be rude to these people, he needed to make a good impression. it was a very difficult endeavor when the people he was trying to make a good impression on where pissing him off. he was hungry, he was tired, he was bored, and he was surrounded by stinky male humans who didn't seam to realize that bathing was an everyday thing and women who wore far, far too much perfume on top of their scented body soaps and hair soaps. he had to keep reminding himself that he was not the Marquis right now. he was not the Right hand of the King... or rather, the Queen now. though, she wasn't Queen yet, princess then. he was not in charge of armies and he was not leading glorious bloody battles or hunting down insurgencies who wanted to take command of the Motherlands. he was a student, and he had to act like a student or the entire thing could be lost before it even began.

"...Celebrity!?" Daneas demanded, looking completely horrified. "A..Autographs!?" he looked like he wanted to crawl under a table and hide now. "so... so this won't stop!?" he demanded, looking quite timid. "i think i was deported to the wrong town..." he complained, hiding his face in his hands and groaning. which only made several women glare at Samantha, thinking she might have upset him. "alright then... i can handle this. it's just a few hundred kids..." he muttered. "i can survive this... they'll calm down eventually... maybe i can make them hate me.." he mused, sounding quite pleased by that idea. "i'll come into school with a large snake around my shoulders and toads in my pockets!... teenagers are scared of things like that..." he muttered. "especially the girls.. no offense..." he muttered, realizing he might have insulted Samantha with that comment. "oh... i'm Daneas. Daneas Alexandru cel Tradat. it's very nice to meet you." he admitted with a smile. "particularly since you are not asking me incessant annoying questions about things that have little to no importance to anything... unless it is important for people to know a favored color here? is this a cultural difference i was not aware of?"

Samantha blinked at his reaction....she had actually just been joking but he had taken her completely seriously about the autographs. Then again, the more she thought about it the more she realised that there might actually be a very real possibility of things actually going that far. After all, he really was a celebrity in the school, or at least the nearest thing they had that would pass for a celebrity, so autographs might not have been completely out of the question. "Make them hate you?" She raised an eyebrow, then hung her head as he started to outline his rather crazy plan to alienate the students. Oh if only it were that simple. "Yeah....that's not really gonna work. Y'see if you start coming in with a snake and frogs and everything, then everyone is likely to just think that's cool. More likely than people hating you is that you'll encourage more people to start doing the exact same thing, especially the guys. After all, the girls love you, meaning the guys immediately want to be like you. So whatever you like, everyone else will like. And don't even think of using that to 'hate yourself' so everyone hates you, that'll almost certainly have the exact opposite effect. If there's one thing girls love more than cool, it's guys who are broody, self-loathing and dark" She grinned slightly, reaching over to rub his shoulder in an attempt to comfort and cheer him up.

As he introduced himself, Samantha suddenly realised she hadn't introduced herself yet either, probably one of the few students not to have come up to him and practically screamed their name in his face. "Samantha. Samantha Astara. Not quite as fancy a name as yours is it?" She grinned and laughed softly to herself. "You should just try and relax, enjoy the popularity while it lasts. Sure it seems bad now but maybe it'll come in handy during your time at school. Never hurts to be the popular one that everybody loves right?" She shook her head softly. "Oh people are just trying to find out things about you, with the girls it's probably so they can get you little gifts that they think you might like. For the guys, they probably figure if they seem to like what you like then the girls will be as interested in them as they are in you. Come on, you can't tell me things are all that different back where you come from are they?" She picked up her sandwich, taking a small bite and munching on it.

he blinked at her her again before he sighed. "....are you sure it won't work?" he asked, pouting a little before he made a face. "so it doesn't matter what i do, they'll keep clinging to me!?" he demanded, horrified. "they don't even know me!" he complained with a sigh. "the last thing i want is people coming in with snakes though, there are some poisonous ones around here i think." he admitted with a shake of his head before he blinked at her. "...people who hate themselves are attractive?" he asked, clearly wondering if she was sane. "that makes no sense!" he complained as he shook his head before he smiled. "perhaps not as fancy, but certainly much pretty and well suited to you." he promised with a smile before he shook his head. "i'm not entirely sure i can enjoy so many people focused on me all the time." not to mention it would make his task much, much more difficult. "well.. i'm not sure i want people to know things about me." he grumbled. "...schooling in Romania is much different than it is here." he admitted.

"being that i was... well. my mother was a Romani. a Gypsy." he explained. "i was not well liked by the other children, because Romani are considered third class... much like your gangsters and homeless. Romani are thought to be thrives, swindlers, and are quite ostracized." he admitted. "because of this, i was highly unpopular in my school and was mostly avoided." he admitted. "even the teachers disliked me, though the did not dare to give me false marks or treat me badly because of my American father, who had a very high standing in Romania. actually, he's the only reason why i was allowed to go to school at all. most Romani aren't accepted into the schooling system. despite it being free for everyone." he admitted with a shake of his head. "that's why i was deported. no one wants a smart Gypsy running around trying to change things." of course, most kids thought Gypsy where 'cool', so that was only going to up his standing in the school once people found out... if they found out.

"Afraid so. You're new, cool, mysterious....you pretty much scream 'cling to me' whether you like it or not I'm afraid. I'll be the first to admit that it makes absolutely zero sense, but that's just how it is in a little town like this. If you'd gone to some big city school you probably would've barely gotten a glance since they've got students transferring in and out all the time" Samantha gave him an apologetic grin, though her cheeks flushed slightly as he complimented her name. Nobody had ever called her name pretty before. Was he complimenting her though? Or the choice of name her mothers had made? "Ah...um, so come to think of it, why did you pick a school like this in the middle of nowhere rather than a big city school? I hear you're living here alone, so it wouldn't be like you moved because your parents moved here...oh! Though you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Sorry, forget I asked. I just tend to babble sometimes, even though you already said you don't really want to talk much about yourself or have people knowing about you" Samantha tried to calm herself down from getting rather flustered. How embarrassing. He'd just said he didn't want people knowing things about him and then the first thing she went and did was ask stupid questions, just the kind of questions he probably didn't want people knowing the answers to.

"Oh? Oh! I see, so things really were different for you back there huh? I guess this is about as opposite as the schooling experience could get for you huh? Going from being unpopular and people mistrusting you to suddenly being the most popular kid in school with people throwing themselves at your feet. Well, not literally.....well not literally yet, but you know what I mean" She managed a little grin, hoping he wouldn't freak out over a joke about people throwing themselves at his feet....though once again Samantha realised that despite it being a joke there was likely a fairly decent chance of it actually happening. "Well, I'm sorry things were so harsh back in Romania for you. But at least here you're getting the opportunity right? You can make pretty much whatever you want of yourself here, no matter who you are or where you're from. In your case you just need to get used to all the attention is all. Though I'm afraid I can't really offer much in the way of tips in that department, afraid I've not got the experience of being anywhere near that popular and adored. But hey, who knows, maybe you'll start to enjoy it after a little while. I bet being that popular could have advantages. I mean you could do pretty much whatever you wanted and get away with it, with the students at least anyway. Though don't let it go to your head" She smirked, finishing off her sandwich and drink.

he winced a little and shook his head. "the city frightens me. all those people and cars and noises..." he admitted with a sigh. " besides, i was given very little choice. i was deported, so the American government just put me somewhere. my father was born on Colorado, so that's why this state, i was placed in a small town, i think, to save me from the big cities where i would have been an immediate target for living on my own." he admitted. "i can't be sure, but that's how it seams to me." he admitted. "honestly, i was just told to pack my things, go to the airport, get on this plane, that plane and another... and then i would be dropped off in my new town. where i would thus go to this place to sign to my new apartment. i wasn't given any choice at all." he smiled at her. "besides, i don't mind you asking me questions. you at least, are not trying to constantly touch me, or ask ridiculous questions or far too personal ones. can you beleive that pink monstrosity actually had the audacity to ask me how my parents died?" he asked, glaring at said pink monstrosity. the local 'queen of the school'. the most popular girl, and often the nastiest.

"yeah, things where very different." he agreed. "i'm not sure whats worse. being hated and glared at for being born, or being loved and adored for being kicked out of my own country." he shuddered. "if they start flinging themselves at my feet, i'm going to home school myself." he decided. "i'm well ahead of the curriculum here anyway, save for the american history, but it won't be hard to catch up to that." he admitted. "well... you have a point." he agreed. "i do have a good chance of having a good life here. back in Romania i would have had to live int he Camps and wouldn't have a chance at a proper job. here, my good grades can actually offer me something." he decided with a smile. "i just have to set some 'ground rules' at some point for the... hangers on." he decided. "i can do that certainly... thanks for being nice to me." he stated with a smile to Samantha. "you've really helped me decompress. i think i can at least handle the rest of the day now." he hoped. "i guess that's the bell. off to advanced Calculus." he muttered with a sigh. "i'll see you later maybe?" he asked hopefully, offering her a smile as he rushed off to his next class.

"Well I've never been to the city, though I can imagine it would be pretty overwhelming if all you're used to is somewhere quiet and isolated, kinda like this place. Maybe you ending up here was for the best after all if that's how you feel. Sure you gotta deal with a bit of over attention at school, but outside of it you get the quiet life, right?" She smiled softly, though the smile faded a little as he described the circumstances behind him ending up here, she had no idea it had been quite that bad. "Oh I'm...I'm sorry. I had no idea it was so hard on you. That can't have been easy to go through, I can't even begin to imagine what it must've been like...getting ripped away from everything you know like that" Samantha looked away and shook her head slightly. How could the world be so cruel to someone who was clearly such a good person? "Hm? Pink monstrosity? Oh, her" She followed his glare, though quickly looked away before they were caught staring. "Yeah....you might want to be careful around her. Normally it's better to just stay off her radar altogether, though that might be a little more difficult for you" Samantha bit her lip, not really wanting to say anymore...never knew when someone might overhear and pass on what was said after all.

"Well ahead huh? They must teach you a lot faster in Romania than they do here" Normally Samantha would be sceptical of such a claim, but for some reason she got the feeling that Daneas was telling the truth. "Still, you don't just come to school to learn. Part of it is to have the whole experience y'know? Well, that's what it seems like on TV anyway, though I think the 'High School Experience' better applies in the big city than way out here" She grinned softly, quickly nodding as he smiled and seemed to start cheering up. "Exactly, good grades can get you just about anything really" She folded her arms and nodded, though seemed slightly confused when he thanked her. "Hm? Oh, you don't need to thank me, really" She quickly waved her hand, though before she could protest any further the bell had rang, signalling it was time to get a move on before they were both late to their classes. "Ah, right. Sure, I'd like to see you later Daneas....hope I'm pronouncing that right" She grinned sheepishly and gave him a wave as he turned to go before grabbing her bag to head off to her own classes. "I'm sure he'll be fine. He's a little strange but he seems like he can handle himself" Samantha nodded to herself as she headed for her afternoon classes, though her mind occasionally wandered to wondering how the new student was doing, unable to help imagining anything but him being completely swarmed in every class.

Finally, after an afternoon that seemed to drag on forever, the final bell rang and it was time to go home, Samantha quickly packing her things away in her bag and standing up to stretch, something of a tradition for her at the end of a long day. "Another day another homework assignment" She sighed, but slung her bag over her shoulder with an acknowledgement that nothing could be done about it. "Ok, time to get home...wonder what mom is making for dinner tonight..." She licked her lips at the thought of her mothers cooking, almost daydreaming as she started to make her way into the hall and out of the building in order to take her walk home.

he smiled a little sadly and nodded. "it is very quiet here." he agreed. "and no one really bothers me. they don't sneer or glare or call me filthy names." he admitted with a shake of his head. "i don't mind being deported really. it's just bigotry at work." he admitted with a shrug. "one gets used to such things." he admitted. it had been hard being ripped away from everything he'd known. the human realms worked a lot differently than the Motherlands did. but he'd had seventeen years or so to get used to it. "yes, her." he agreed with a smile before that smile turned viscous. "oh, i do not fear such petty people." he admitted. "what can she do to me? call me names? ostracize me? pour paint on me in art class? i am Romani. i doubt she can hit me as hard as Romanian cops." he pointed out. "she is just a little girl playing at politics." he stated with a sniff. "and she is singularly unimpressive at it." he smiled at her. "we start schooling at the age of Six. before that is a preschool that is optional. all children MUST go to school at the age of Seven, especially as it is free. you are not allowed to quite school until the tenth grade. which is what we are in now. most children remain and graduate in the twelfth grade around the age of nineteen to twenty depending on how old you where when you starting schooling. the school is actually designed to be the best for each individual student. there is no conformity. if a child is gifted, they are challenged, if they are struggling they are aided. there is no such thing as 'being held back' though some do graduate early." he admitted. "even as hated as i was, i was given all the lessons i needed to keep myself stimulated and learning at an advanced rate." he admitted with a smirk. "it was very aggravating that a Gypsy Like me was so much smarter than their precious full blooded Romanians." he admitted. "oh... and, if you could spread it around that Gyspy is actually extremely foul and i'll punch anyone who utters it in my presence, that would be appreciated." he admitted with a smile.

"i go to school to learn." he admitted with a shrug. "but i'm mostly ahead of the other students here." he admitted. "but, i will continue to come until i can graduate and take... Collage? courses on the side to keep myself entertained." he admitted with a smile. "you are pronouncing it just fine." he assured her. "better than the idiots calling me Dan, or worse, Ace." he rolled his eyes. "i mean honestly." he grumbled before he smiled at her.but i desire to thank you." he admitted with a smile. "surely you would not deny me such a simple pleasure?" he asked with a smile, picking up her hand and pressing a gentle kiss to her knuckles before he headed off. at the end of the day, Daneas we looking heckled and hassled as he headed for his locker and dropped off his books before examining his list of homework with a sigh. over three thousand years old and doing math homework. ugh. "oof!" he'd run right into someone. "i'm sorry! i wasn't paying attention... are you alright Samantha?" he asked, looking worried as he helped her up. Daneas wasn't something you wanted to run into, he was as hard as a rock, solid muscle.

Well he was certainly brave she'd give him that much. If he wasn't afraid of the popular girl with the mean streak then it was doubtful that there was anything at school capable of scaring him. "Wow, that does sound pretty good if you're looking to learn I suppose" Samantha nodded softly at his explanation of the school system where he came from. It sounded more flexible than it was here, like it gave everyone an equal chance wherever possible even if it would cost money. "Um....well I'll see if I can spread that around, though if I were you I'd try to avoid going round punching people, even if they do say a word you don't want to hear. It'd do a lot more than just make you unpopular. Not to mention if some guys take it too far and start copying that then, well, it'd be rather bad I'm sure you can imagine"

When he rather suddenly took her hand and kissed the back of it Samantha couldn't help but blush and get slightly flustered. Why had he just done that? Nobody had ever done something like that to her before. God she could feel the dagger like stares from some of the other girls. If looks could kill there'd be nothing left of her but a smear on the floor by now.
Perhaps it was thanks to her daydreaming, or perhaps it was thanks to Daneas being so flustered, but whatever the reason as she was leaving the school Samantha found herself being knocked to the ground, yelping in surprise, arms flailing in a useless attempt to catch something that wasn't there, leaving her to land right on her ass. "Owww...." She grumbled, then looked up and blinked, taking Daneas hand so he could help her up. "Ah, that's alright, I wasn't paying any attention either, totally my fault. You probably wont be surprised to hear that happens a lot actually" She grinned and giggled slightly, dusting herself down. "I'm fine, really, my moms are always telling me I need to pay more attention to where I'm going" She gave him a little thumbs up. She had to admit, at first she thought she had walked into a wall. He was certainly rather....solid.

"Well I guess it's time to head home. I guess you'll be walking too? The town is so small that most people around here do, kinda pointless having a bus when nobody lives more than a 10 minute walk from school" She resumed her walk towards the gates. "I'll be heading that way" She pointed to the right of the gates. "How about you?" She wasn't exactly asking to walk home with him but, well, if they were both heading the same way then they would just happen to be walking in the same place rather than together, right?

he was a marquis, he'd fought in battle and tangled tongues with the most viscous of Lords. he could hold a verbal spar far above what some pesky little mortal girl was capable of. "yes. i was in an accelerated learning program." he admitted, which was a lie. he'd never gone to school in Bulgaria. though he had studied it extensively, but it was a good excuse for why he found the american high school work so boring. and if Elena decided not to return with him right away, he would have to be by her side in collage as well. after all, she was the Princess, he couldn't make her do anything, her own powers would prevent him from trying to kidnap her. she was his Queen, he was duty bound, and magically bound, to obey her. "...punching people might make them leave me alone!?" he asked, looking hopeful. "....can't hit a girl though... and it wouldn't be right hitting a weaker opponent..." he muttered with a sigh. "that's out." he grumbled before he offered her a smile and kissed her hand and headed off, paying no attention to the attention he and Samantha where getting. it was better to show his 'loyalties' now, rather than later. and he could defend Samantha if he had to.

"i'm so sorry." Daneas muttered as he helped her to her feet. "i really am. i know i need to pay attention, it hurts people when they run into me." he admitted with a shake of his head. he knew he was rock solid, and to bowl Samantha over like that! "happens a lot or not, it shouldn't have. i'm so rude. please forgive me?" he asked hopefully, offering her a timid smile. "...moms?" he asked, looking surprised. "as in, two moms?" he asked, looking surprised. "that's legal here?" he asked, looking curious, not disgusted or hateful as some people where. "ah. yes i will actually." he admitted with a smile. "i haven't had a chance to get a bike yet." he admitted as he followed her, blinking a little. "yes, i go this way too." he admitted, offering her a smile. "shall i escort you?" he asked, offering her his arm and blinking when he realized she had no idea what to do with it. he sighed and shook his head. "good manners are dead in America." he grumbled, offering her a smile. "don't worry about it." he decided. "i'll walk you home, hows that?" he offered with a smile. "it can be a dangerous place you know. these small towns, you never know when a rabid hoard of teenagers is going to try and get your phone number. what a pity i don't have a phone yet." he mused with an impish grin. "by the way. here's my phone number." he offered her a slip of paper. "i figure i should have at least one freind, and since you aren't clinging to me like a demented monkey, i figure you're of pretty good standing." he admitted with a smile. "give me a call sometime. i'll help you with your homework or something." he offered, pausing in front of her house and he lifted her hand and kissed her knuckles again before walking off with a satisfied smile. "have a good night Samantha!"

"Forgive you? Well yeah, it was just an accident after all. There's nothing to forgive, you weren't being rude or anything" Samantha laughed it off and waved her hand dismissively. He looked almost devastated that he had actually bumped into her and knocked her over. His reaction to her mothers was rather pleasant, most people seemed to get a little weird when she mentioned that, though fortunately there wasn't really much in the way of public homophobia in this town, though that wasn't to say it didn't exist, just that what there was seemed to be kept behind closed doors. "Mmhmm, two moms. They adopted me when I was just a baby, though they weren't married back then, wasn't legal then after all. But they're both really awesome, I love them so much. Doesn't matter if I'm adopted, their my moms and I'm their daughter" Samantha was clearly rather defensive on that point, clearly nothing would take that away from her, nor would she allow it to try.

"Escort me?" Samantha looked slightly confused, especially when he offered her his arm. She glanced down at it, then back up at him with a quizzically raised eyebrow. It was like something out of a fantasy movie and some fancy ball or party, she didn't think there was actually anybody who really still did that. Still, he seemed to pick up that, here at least, such gestures were rather out of the ordinary and instead simply offered to walk her home. "Oh you don't have to do that if it's out of your way, though I wouldn't mind the company on the way" She realised she had no idea where he lived, he could have just lived further away than her and have the same route home. It'd be a bit of a coincidence, but a nice one at least. "Ah it's not dangerous around here really, our police get pretty bored with barely any crime happening, though that's not necessarily a bad thing really" She grinned slightly, then giggled as he described hoards of rabid teenagers chasing him for his phone number. It wasn't all that difficult to imagine really after seeing how people had reacted to him in school. "Your phone number? I thought you said you didn't have- ooooooh, that's just what you'll be telling everyone who actually asks for your number. Got it. Well don't worry-" She made a zipping motion across her lips. "Your secret is safe with me" She glanced at the number, then carefully folded the paper to slip into her pocket so she could enter it into her phone later. "I'll send you a text message later so you've got my number too. Afraid I don't really carry it around on a bit of paper with me"

As they came to her house Samantha stopped, nodding towards it. "This is my place. I'll see you at school tomorrow Daneas" She waved as he walked off "G'night!" She watched him go for another second before turning to head inside, the scent of cooking hitting her almost immediately as she opened the door. "Ahhh, mom I'm home!" "In the kitchen dear!" As always, Samantha thought to herself as she made her way through.
Alison was very much the housewife of her mothers, but by far the best damn cook Samantha knew of. Even the nice restaurants in town couldn't compare. "Did I hear you calling to someone outside?" "Ah, just a friend mom, a new student who transferred in is all" "A new student hm? Well you can tell us all about her at dinner. Now go on, go get changed and washed up" Samantha grinned as she was shoo'd out of the kitchen, hurrying upstairs.

he smiled a little at her. "i was being rude. i practically bowled you over." he admitted with a chuckle. "you didn't bruise did you?" he asked, looking a little worried. "they sound very nice." he admitted. "to live in a home filled with love, is what makes a good family. blood has nothing to do with it." he assured her. "they love you, and you love them, and anyone who has a problem with it, is clearly beneath your notice." he assured him. there where many cases of children being adopted by others in the Motherlands... in the Motherlands, it didn't matter who birthed you, it mattered who raised you, with loving care and tenderness. Child Abuse was very quickly stamped out, and anyone caught abusing a child was killed immidiatly. between that, and those who dared revolt against the proper Royal Line, a lot of people had died, children where often left parent-less, and where taken in by those that couldn't have children of their own to be loved and doted upon. blood mattered very little, Love mattered all.

"oh, it's never going to be out of my way." he assured her with a chuckle. "when it only takes thirty minutes to walk from one end of town to the other, it's most certainly never a problem." he promised her with a smile. "it's horribly dangerous!" he warned, his eyes twinkling with laughter. "why, a spider might drop on you! or a big dog might try to slobber on your face." he pointed out. "a black cat might cross your path, or a bird might swoop down and try to catch your hair!" he grinned. "i'd best walk with you, just to be certain." he decided with a chuckle. "i knew you where clever." he stated with a nod when she sussed out why he was telling people he had no phone. he didn't need one really, as he didn't have anyone to contact, but it was good to have now that he'd found Samantha. "i will eagerly anticipate the arrival of a text." he assured her with a smile. "i live just down the block." he stated, pointing the way. she'd know exactly where he lived, there was only one 'apartment complex' down there. it was actually a two story house. on the bottom, two little old ladies lived, and the top had been an empty 'second house'. it was very big, and very beautiful, and the little old ladies would no doubt be delighted to have such a 'strapping young man' around to lend them a hand.

while Samantha was talking to her mothers, Daneas was getting ready for his evening workout. he had to stay in shape, and in practice. then he helped the two little old ladies, both who where at least ninety and still kicking strong, fix some things around their house. it was a rather peaceful evening really, and Daneas had to admit, he was glad to be settled down for a while. he could keep an eye on Samantha easily now that he knew her. he was delighted to find that they lived so close too. he grinned as he looked around his 'house'. she'd find it fascinating. there was three thousand years of human, and Fayne history here. there where things from all over the world, things that meant something to him. he smiled as he picked up an ancient Romani dagger, stroking it. he hadn't lied, exactly, when he said that he was Romani. honestly, the Romani people had come from the Motherlands. no one knew why they left, or why they never came back. but the Romani had always been a lot like the Fayne, his people. wild and carefree and happy. artistic and joyful... well, until the Uprising anyway. he sighed and flopped onto his bed, which was nothing more than a mound of pillows and blankets piled up on the floor like a nest. he had a normal bed too, two of them actually, but he preferred his 'nest', or the Hammock that was hanging in the middle of one of the three bedrooms. later that night, just after dinner, Samantha would no doubt see Daneas taking his evening run, dressed in nothing but black pants she could see every inch of his hard muscles and gleaming pale white skin... and the large Tattoo wrapped around his right pectoral. three crescent moons, each facing the other, connected by a circle through the middle. it was a strange Tattoo, but one that Samantha might recognize. if she had faint memories of her time with the Fayne, she would certainly recognize it. if not, it would be like she'd seen it once in a dream.

He lived that close? Incredible! Well, kind of anyway. Then again was it really that much of a surprise? There weren't a great deal of empty homes in town now that Samantha thought about it. Infact besides the one he had gotten there were probably less than half a dozen others on the market that she knew of. Ok, maybe it wasn't that incredible after all, but it was still nice. A new friend who lived practically just down the street. Today was working out to be a pretty good day it seemed.
She couldn't help but giggle madly at his various reasons for why her walk home would be dangerous, it was so adorable. Was he flirting with her? She couldn't tell to be honest. Maybe this was just how he really was, away from all the attention and people pestering him with pointless questions they had no business asking. If it was, then she liked it. She felt....comfortable around him. No, she felt safe around him for some reason, like nothing could possibly happen when he was around. She couldn't begin to explain why she felt that way, she just did, as if some kind of instinct deep down was just telling her that Daneas meant safety. "Well you'll have to show me that place of yours some time, I've always wondered what it was like when I've walked past it. It looks so huge from outside, living there by yourself you must have tons of space" She had to wonder why he lived alone, he had mentioned an American father but nothing else about him. Had he died? Abandoned him? Well, it wasn't her place to ask something so personal, so she left the matter to simple curiosity and pushed it to the back of her mind, instead just waving as he left.

Dinner at the Astara household went pretty normally, the three women all sitting around the table and talking happily about their days, Samantha telling her mothers all about the new student who had turned up, how the school had been in a frenzy over his arrival and hadn't left him alone the entire day, his odd mannerisms and how he had somehow latched onto her as the only sane person in school, her mothers giving each other a smirk which flustered Samantha to no end before they could all laugh and enjoy their time together as always. Now that dinner was over, Samantha had gone back to her room, getting ready to do her homework, though heading to the window first to take a look over the town.
That was when she spotted Daneas going past the house, completely bare on his upper half. Samantha caught herself staring....but just blushed rather than looking away as her eyes followed the outline of his muscles. She didn't think teenagers could get that muscular.....it was like he had been born in a gym and never stopped benchpressing in order to turn his body into a steel hard slab of muscle. It was as her eyes wandered that she spotted the tattoo, immediately forgetting about the rest of his body as she found herself drawn to it, focusing on it for a few moments. "Ah..." Rather suddenly Samantha put a hand to the side of her head, wincing momentarily. She glanced back up at the tattoo again, then felt another sharp pain in the side of her head, this time closing her eyes and stumbling forward, her other hand being placed against the glass to steady herself. The sensation passed after a moment, but in that moment there was a flurry of blurred colours through her mind, as if some kind of long forgotten or buried memory had flashed infront of her. The only thing that seemed to be clear was that tattoo. Samantha didn't know how, she didn't know when, she just knew that somewhere, sometime....she had seen that tattoo before.

he smiled a little. "sure, you can come over anytime." he promised with a grin. "i don't have much though." he lied with a grin. "it's pretty big though." massive was more like it. when you could fit two full apartments in the bottom, it was pretty damn big. he hummed to himself as he contemplated just how difficult this was going to be. the best case scenario would be Samantha returning to the Motherlands immidiatly, probobly with her Mater in tow. that was alright though, humans had been in the Motherlands before, and being the Mothers of The Queen meant that they would be more than welcomed. and if they weren't, well... he'd deal with that right quick. worst case scenario he'd be here for fifty years while Samantha clung to a life she could never have as her freinds, family, and loved ones died of old age around her. he couldn't pressure her no matter what she decided to do, stay, or leave, stay for a few years or try to kill him, he could only do what she desired, no matter the state of the Motherlands.

for the next week, he was a normal student, or as normal as one could get when he usually walked around grumbling in one of the dozens of languages he knew. no one knew exactly how many, but so far the list was English, Romani, Romanian, Bulgarian, Dutch, Fresh, and Italian and for school he was taking Spanish and catching on quickly as well. several of the other boys had realized just how muscular Daneas was, and was constantly trying to get him to join sports. he refused each time, but that didn't stop them from trying. they found out why after the school bully tried to dominate Daneas. Duke Carlos was a third degree black belt in Karate and was never afraid to use it to 'put someone in their place'. Daneas dropped the boy like a puppet with it's strings cut. no one asked him to play sports again, though he did join the track team for something to do. apparently the school curriculum really was 'too easy' for him and he was basically given a free pass in all of them and was 'self study'. much to the delight of everyone who thought they might 'seduce' him into helping them with their homework. so far the only person he was helping was a younger boy who was honestly struggling with his classes, instead of being lazy like most of the others. and Samantha, who hadn't actually asked him, he just started to do it.

they did find out some things. like Daneas's mother and father had been killed in a small protest about something. they hadn't actually been involved, they'd just been shot. which was why he'd been deported. his father was the only thing keeping him safe from Romanian prejudices and no one wanted a smart Gypsy running around causing problems. every evening around seven thirty he went for a jog. every morning at six he did the same thing. no one else had gotten really good at gettign close to him, save for a few of the quiet students who honestly didn't care that he was new and 'popular'. just like Samantha, which was really peeving off many of the 'rich pureblooded Amrican' students. in other words, he was annoying the popular kids because he was hanging out with the bully victims. well he was about to piss them off again. "hey Samantha!" he chirped, bouncing over to her, looking as chirpy as he always did after a workout session in the gym, which he usually did right before lunch instead of attending advanced calculus. "i was wondering if you wanted to hang at my place tomorrow?" he offered. "it's a Saturday, you guys don't have school on Saturdays. i'll get a Pizza, buy a TV..." oh yeah, it had been a major shock when people realized that Daneas had inherited over three billion dollars... in liquid assets alone. his 'american father' owned over three hundred businesses in America alone. so that three billion was constantly on the rise. probobly the only reason why the 'rich kids' hadn't tried to dominate him yet. they couldn't out money him, they couldn't out cool him and they certainly couldn't take him on physically. they just had to sit back and let Daneas do what he wanted. "make a party of it, we could even invite your Mater... er, mothers if you want?" he offered with a smile. "what do you think?"

The next week went by quickly, quicker than normal for Samantha. Despite her normal behaviour around Daneas, she couldn't help but get caught up in the whirlwind of finding out all kinds of information about Daneas. Every day there were new little things they learned about him and his past. It was also rather satisfying to see him take the snobby kids down a peg or two.....and then when Duke tried to take him on...well, Samantha certainly wasn't the only one to feel a little bit satisfied on seeing that, she was more than sure that plenty of other students were laughing inside as well, though non would dare laugh outwardly for fear of what might happen when Duke got back on his feet. The biggest revelation though was his wealth....a billionaire no less. The circustances had been tragic, and that was what Samantha was more focused on, the circumstance, but others just seemed to see the money. That had certainly stepped up the attempts to befriend him, or more. A moneygrabber was easy to spot a mile away in a town like this.
Samantha was all too aware that she was the target of more than a few dagger like stares due to Daneas spending more time with her than anyone else. Glares born of jealousy or simply for association with him when the rich kids had grown to begin hating him. Well she didn't care really. Daneas was her friend, that was all that mattered, and he was a really nice guy to spend time with.

"Hm?" Samantha looked over when Daneas called out to her at lunch, strutting into the cafeteria, still drawing plenty of stares just from his presence as usual and even more when he called her name. And then he openly invited her to hang out at his house for the day....speaking more than loud enough to anyone nearby to hear. Several of the girls were already glaring at Samantha jealously, some of them were probably barely restraining themselves from getting up and killing her, screaming 'why you?!' at her. It was no secret that several girls had made more than a subtle pass at Daneas, there were even rumours that some had practically stripped themselves infront of him in an effort to seduce him, though it seemed every attempt had been unsuccessful. Nobody dared lie and claim success, they knew that Daneas would just shoot them down in flames.
"Well....sure, I'd love to come and hang out" Samantha grinned, deciding not to bother keeping her voice down, her response just earning her more glares, though nobody would dare act out against her for fear of retribution from Daneas. "Invite my moms? Well...sure! They've been asking about you a lot, so I'm sure they'd love to meet you" Samantha gave him a thumbs up, a bright smile on her face.

The following morning, Samantha and her mothers were at the door of Daneas' apartment. Alison was fidgeting a little, occasionally reaching out to straighten Samantha's hair which made her twitch. "Moooom, come on, we're just here to hang out as friends. Stop acting like this is a date or something" "Oh but....my little girl....she's never been to a boys house before.....she's getting all grown up and...." Alison sniffled slightly, Samantha just shaking her head as she knocked on the door of the apartment.

Daneas knew a money grubber too when he saw one. and the rumor that someone had stripped wasn't so much a rumor as a understated fact. the girl had bared herself completely naked. he had studied her for a moment and then stated. "it's not bad i suppose" and simply walked away. the girl was now serving three weeks suspension and Daneas had gotten a detention simply because they had to punish him according to the school bylaws. they where lenient on him because he didn't do anything at all and had actually been locked in the room with the girl and 'unable to escape'. he didn't care either way, he thought it was hilarious that these humans thought he would ever, in a thousand years be attracted to them when they where as slutty as a Succubus in heat and as greedy as a dragon. "Great!" he kissed her knuckles, as he always did and skipped off without eating. he apparently couldn't stomach the extremely greasy cafeteria food. it made him sick, so he said anyway.

Daneas opened the door at the first knock and beamed at them. "Bine ati venit la casa mea! Welcome to my home! please, come in!" he paused to kiss each ladies fingers, which he had explained to one of the other students it was a matter of good manners. "don't worry about not touching anything." he assured them as he led the way into a massive space. in one part of the space was what was passing for a living room, a couch, a loveseat and two armchairs circled around a very impressive Television. there where shelves all over the place, covered in what looked like hundreds of years of stuff, from hundreds of traditional painted eggs, to hanging tapestries depicting ancient creatures and myths, like unicorns, phoenix, dragons, and other popular mythological creatures. and some not so popular. there where paintings, masks, all kinds of rare valuable treasures, some which spanned centuries old. not that the american women visiting would know this, but it was still an astonishing sight.

there was a heavily padded area, like a small gym in another corner. there was a low 'wall' separating the rest of the 'house' from the Kitchen while still letting you see, unobstructed into the kitchen. there where four doors. three led into bedrooms, two of which appeared to have been converted into a library and a study alternately. and the third had a hammock hanging in it. in the corner of the 'living room' out of the way was a massive pile of colorful pillows, heavy comforters, and soft, soft silk sheets. the fourth door led to a bathroom, which was sparkling and white and was the only thing that actually looked normal in the house. "so, this is my home!" he stated, beaming at them. "oh! how rude of me! i am Daneas Alexandru cel Tradat, it is an honor to make your acquaintances." he said, bowing to Samantha's mothers. "please, make yourselves at home and feel free to look at anything that catches your attention." he offered, knowing his entire house was full of unusual treasures. not all of them from Romania.

As Daneas opened the door he would be greeted by the three women. Samantha smiling brightly, giving him a wave when he opened the door. Alison, standing a little shyly just behind her daughter, but giving Daneas a gentle smile nonetheless. Besides her was clearly Alison's other mother, Katherine, who was staring at Daneas as if analysing every last inch of the boy who had dared to befriend her little girl. If Alison could be described as filling the 'wife and mother' role of the relationship, then Katherine was very much filling the 'husband and father' role, fiercely protective of her daughter. She was a Doctor at the local Hospital, meaning she often worked at the weekends, though this weekend she had made a special exception, calling in plenty of favours, just to make sure she could meet this new friend of her daughters. "Hmmmm...." She observed him carefully, her eyebrow visibly twitching when Daneas took each of their hands in turn to kiss the back of them, though she didn't protest or stop him. Samantha had told them of his foreign manners after all, so she was at least somewhat prepared for him to behave a little out of what she considered ordinary.

As the trio stepped in and looked around, all of them were clearly somewhat impressed by his collection. "Wow...." Samantha looked around carefully at all the unusual items, many of them clearly antiques. She knew he was rich, something she had neglected to tell her parents, but she hadn't quite expected this. Then again she didn't know what she had been expecting now she thought about it. Her eyes were drawn eventually to the tapestries of mythological creatures, her attention fixated on them the second she laid her eyes on them. Without even realising she had taken a step closer towards them. The creatures depicted in them, they felt familiar somehow. Not in a way that she had seen them in story books or movies before, this was a more personal familiarity, one she just couldn't explain.
"Oh my, this place is so amazing" Alison chirped happily as she looked around, hurrying to the various doorways in order to take a look at the different rooms. "You keep everything so clean too, such a wonder for someone your age. I'm sick and tired of telling our little Sammy to tidy up her room. Why just yesterday there were bras scattered all over the place and-" "Mom!" Samantha was snapped out of her fixation on the tapestries, quickly turning around with an intense flush on her cheeks.
Katherine couldn't help but chuckle, walking over and putting a hand on Samantha's head to ruff up her hair. "Well if you don't want her telling embarrassing stories, you should listen when she tells you to tidy up now shouldn't you?" "Ehhhh? Not you too...." Samantha fidgeted to get away, then muttered to herself as she hurried to the bathroom in order to straighten up her hair, inadvertently leaving Daneas alone with her parents....both of whom immediately turned their attention completely onto him.

"Sammy tells us you've come from overseas and that you're living alone" Alison was still as chirpy as ever, though in her eyes it was clear she was investigating him. "She also told us not to go prying into that now didn't she Aly?" Katherine walked over to take Alison's hand, though her eyes never left Daneas. "So, Daneas, I hope I'm pronouncing that right, what made you want to be friends with Sammy? You got something in mind huh?" Straight to the point. "You after something from our little girl?"

Daneas seamed completely oblivious to the 'exam' he was getting from the doctor. he had to admit, Samantha's mothers where very attractive. for a moment, he had thought they weren't completely human themselves. he did notice the twitching of the eye and dropped Katherine's hand much sooner than he had Samantha or Alison's. "hmm?" Daneas asked, looking a bit confused by their amazement before he paused, trying to see his house form their perspective. "oh. well... i guess so." he mused. "i suppose it never occurred to me before. this is how my house has always looked. Father liked to collect things." Daneas lied effortlessly with a smile before he bit his lip, eyes twinkling with restrained laughter as Allison teased Samantha rather ruthlessly. he wondered if she hadn't done it on purpose just to get the girl out of the room for a little while. he was certainly wise enough not to comment on the Bras. he chuckled as she fled and then smiled at them as they turned their attentions completely on him. "yes. i'm from Romania." he admitted. "Mater and Pater died over there and i was deported because of my... lineage." he explained. "there isn't a lot of bigotry over there, but what is there is extremely focused." he admitted, not caring in the least if they 'knew'.

"i don't mind. not many people really care enough to know." he admitted with a smile. "yes, it is pronounced right." he agreed with a smile. "Sammy. that is a good nickname for her. bouncy almost." he muttered before he shrugged. "you know. the first time i walked into the hallways after my first class. the entire school attempted to... how do you call it? molest?" he frowned. "no that's not the right word... well, the people there are insane, that's the only thing i can figure." he admitted. "they all wanted to touch me, talk to me, find out things that they, really had no business knowing." he admitted. "she was the only person in the entire school who didn't seam to care that i was new and strange." he admitted with a shrug. "she's also sane, which is a very large bonus. i sat next to her because she was a breath of calm in a tsunami. as i talked to her, she was smart, and funny, and curious but not insultingly so. she's helped me a lot." he admitted. "i might have quit school already if not for her being there to keep me calm when the school girls go... weird..." he shuddered a little.

"it's almost like i'm some rare thing that they all want. it's creepy the way they look at me. it really is." he admitted, sounding vaguely traumatized. "something in mind?" he seamed a little confused. "after something? what does she have that... oh! you think... oh my. goodness no..." he promised. "even if i did like Samantha that way, which i might someday, i would never touch her without her permission." he assured the women. "even a hug might be too affectionate for me to do." he admitted. "i have only known her a week after all. she is my very first freind, i'm not going to do anything to hurt her. i'm still trying to find out what is... proper, in this country." he looked vaugly traumatized again. "just... so i know... it IS improper for a girl to lock me in a classroom and strip down right? because if that's normal i'm leaving. i'll go to France or something."

So his parents were both dead after all? Katherine had suspected as much from the way Samantha was talking, always trying to avoid the direct subject of Daneas' parents when they talked about him. She couldn't help feel a slight sting of guilt at being so harsh on him, it seemed the boy had been through a lot....but still, she was looking out for her daughter. As sorry as she might feel for Daneas, Samantha was her priority right now. "Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your parents!" Alison's normally chirpy voice suddenly dropped significantly, as if she were upset for him. For a moment it almost looked like she was about to go and cuddle him, though, perhaps fortunately for Daneas, she was gently tugged back by Katherine still holding onto her hand.
"Well, you have to understand that a new student is something of a rarity around here when it isn't someone who was born in the town" Katherine shook her head slightly at the description of how the students at school acted. She wasn't remotely surprised, not only did she know their parents but she had treated a lot of the students when they had done something stupid and ended up hurting themselves. "Insane sounds about right sometimes. Some people think they'd love the quiet and peaceful life a small town like this provides, but in a lot of folk it just drives them completely stir crazy, which you've now seen firsthand" "Oh but come on Kathy, everyone going stir crazy and hurting themselves is what keeps you sane~" ".....You didn't need to mention that part Aly" It seemed Alison had either a habit or a fondness for dropping embarrassing pieces of information without warning....it was scary either way.

Katherine leaned in closer when Daneas seemed to be all innocent about her question...though her glare made it clear she thought he was putting on the innocence as an act. What teenage boy wasn't thinking about that the second he laid eyes upon a girl? Well, the gay ones obviously, but she just got the feeling that if Daneas did like boys, he liked girls just as much. Maybe it was gut instinct, or maybe it was just her being an overprotective mother. "Oh? You don't? Why not? Is something not good enough for you about my Samantha? Hmm?" Katherine knew full well the question was unfair, but she wanted to see how the boy reacted under the pressure of a question like that. She was a doctor, and one way or another she was testing him.
"Awww, well I think you'd make such an adorable couple" Alison seemed to cut through the tension effortlessly as she chirped up once more, clasping her hands together at the side of her head and getting a rather faraway dreamy expression for a moment. "I can see it now, a huge white wedding in a glorious castle...rose petals being scattered down the aisle as my little girl walks..." She sniffled, until Katherine stood up and gently bopped her on the head. "Stop daydreaming again Aly. I've told you to stop planning Samantha's wedding for her" "Sorry~" She giggled happily, then just cuddled into Katherine whilst she continued to speak with Daneas.

"Hm? Proper to...?" Katherine blinked, then shook her head as he described what one of the girls had done. "I heard something about that from one of the nurses, so that was you was it? Well no, it most certainly isn't proper. At least I know Samantha has more sense than to do something like that"
"Something like what?" Samantha was just coming out of the bathroom, hair back to normal. "Oh nothing dear. Just chatting with your friend here. He seems....." Katherine looked at Daneas for a few more moments, then back to Samantha. "...acceptable" "Wow, high praise coming from you mom" Sam grinned as she walked over, folding her arms.

he smiled, and this time it was a sad one. "my parents where brave people who where trying to make a good change. they where in the wrong place at the wrong time and someone too advantage." he admitted. "where my mother not a 'filthy gypsy' they would probobly have been hailed as heroes in Romania." he admitted with a shrug. "as it is. they barely made the news." he admitted. "Samantha said as such." he agreed with a smile. "still doesn't make me feel any better about it though." he admitted. "i was... highly unlike in my old school because i am half Romani. Gypsy. normally, i wouldn't have even been allowed to attend school, but my Father was a very important american man. they would not have wanted to annoy him." he admitted. "the sudden change in Drastic behaviors is... unsettling." he admitted, making a face. "a peaceful life is good for the old and for the young. but teenagers think they need excitement." he agreed with a shake of his head. "it's a rather silly thing. excitement of the wrong sort can turn deadly." he'd know of all people.

"well of course there is nothing wrong with Samantha." he stated with a roll of his eyes. "she is smart. funny, beautiful, caring and generous. she's practically perfect." he pointed out. "but i have gone from a life to being hated, simply because i was born, into a town that loves me because my parents where murdered and i was deported. it sort of kills any chance i might have of wanting to be intimate with anything. let alone the one person who doesn't make me want to come home and scrub myself with bleach." he pointed out. "i am unused to physical contact, and unused to kindness outside of my own parents. i am... unsure how to handle her affections, or if she even has them." he admitted with a shrug. "i would rather be her freind, then drive away the one person who doesn't seam to care about my stations in life." he admitted before he blinked at Allison's outburst, blinking a little. "uhm... castle?" he asked, looking confused. "do Americas have castles? and why should a wedding be white?" baffled by the idea of getting married in a home and uncertain why white had to be in a wedding. "...i thought the Mater was supposed to plan the wedding?" he asked, looking amused as teased the two.

"yes that was me. it was... shocking." he admitted. "...where i come from, baring yourself like that would have gotten me a whipping, and her a death sentence." he admitted with a shake of his head. "i'm glad that is not so here... but... how is being told not to come to school, which most students hate, considered a punishment?" he asked, looking highly confused. "of course Samantha has more sense than that! she is intelligent." Daneas muttered dryly. "we where discussing the young miss Annabeth." he explained to her. "i was confused why her being told not to go to school was a punishment." he admitted. "and... Dragomir!" Daneas' voice was suddenly scolding. "that is not yours!" he was moving in an instant to a... well it looked like a cat, but most cats didn't come that big! it came up to Daneas's knees! it looked like a wild cheetah or something, all spotted and striped and wild looking. and it had it's head buried on one of the ladies purses. "No! Drop it!" Daneas demanded, scooping up the massive cat and rolling it onto it's back so it could dislodge whatever it was clinging to so desperately. "let go Dragomir!" Daneas demanded, finally managing to dislodge the wallet from the cat's jaws. "rotten thing! i'm so sorry..." Daneas stated sheepishly. "he's usually much more behaved than this!"

There was that sting of guilt again....the boy really did have it rough growing up, moreso than Katherine had imagined from his earlier explanations. Maybe she should lighten up on him just a little bit, for now at least. She had no reason to believe he was lieing, and the way that Samantha had been speaking it did all make sense. Though when the conversation moved back to Samantha Katherine's attention was focused entirely again. So....he had a good answer....a very good answer. Complimenting Samantha, playing to Katherine and Alison's own feelings about her, but explaining why not only he wouldn't, but couldn't involve himself with her in that way, at least not right now. The slight grin on Katherine's face showed that she was satisfied with the answer, for now at least. "Well well...quite the silver tongue....but I'll let it go for now" She folded her arms and nodded, then sighed as Alison got rather chirpy once more at Daneas' questions on castles.
"Oh no, we don't have any castles here. But we can go and have a wonderful wedding in Europe, oh it'll be so romantic! I've been planning my baby girls wedding ever since she came to us on that wonderful day!"

Samantha sighed softly and shook her head as Daneas brought up Anna. "I still can't believe she'd go that far. She deserved to get suspended for something like that" She rolled her eyes. "Well, suspension is a punishment because.....well it's excluding you from not just school, but your friends too. For a teenager like Anna, one of the greatest punishments you can give is to take away their social life. Not only is she suspended, I bet her parents have grounded her for the entire duration too. No friends, no going out.....it'll be absolute torture for her. Fitting punishment after all hm?" She grinned, maybe just slightly sadistically, but hey, Anna really did deserve it.
Her thoughts were snapped away though as she heard Daneas suddenly call out scoldingly, then when she followed his movements she saw the.....the.....cat? Animal? Creature? Monster? She had no idea what the hell that thing was, but it was huge. "Gah!" She jumped back, Katherine grabbing her protectively out of instinct, as if to shield Samantha and Alison. "What in the world is that thing? I've never seen an animal like that before...." She frowned, watching the large cat carefully, then glancing over at the wallet it had pulled from Alison's bag. "......That.....pet. It isn't dangerous is it?"

he smiled a little. "there's no need to be so sad Ma'am." he assured her. "Life is always hard, it is simply the fact of things. how i grew up matters very little to me, because i had a loving Mater and Pater to be there for me." he admitted before he gave his answer to the 'my daughter' questions. "...Silver tongue?" he asked, looking a bit worried as he moved over to a mirror and examined his tongue before he looked at Katherine suspiciously. "there's no silver on my tongue." he accused. "uh... well, yes you could have a wedding in Europe." he agreed with a smile. "that's right, Samantha said she was adopted. did you get her in an orphanage, or at the hospital?" he asked curiously, wondering how the ladies had found her. "she's very lucky to have such wonderful Mater." he admitted with a smile.

"well, you can be in denial if you want to. i saw too much to pretend it didn't happen." he grumbled with a shake of his head. "and she's not the only one who did it." he shuddered. "one of them tried to..." he shuddered again and shook his head. "never mind." he muttered before he considered that. "alright. if her parents are upholding punishment is certainly will be. but what about Duke? he was suspended as well but he's running around town having the time of his life." Duke's father just didn't give a damn what his son was up to. the boy only had a few bruises courtesy of Daneas. he had whined and whined about how Daneas had REALLY hurt him. no one believed the little shit, but Daneas, nice guy that he was, paid for Duke to have medical attention. Katherine herself had examined him. nothing but bruises, and not even deep ones at that. "in any case, i suppose it doesn't matter." Daneas admitted with a shrug. "if they're going to ruin their lives, i don't give a care." he admitted with a sigh.

"...Dragomir is a Cat." Daneas stated, wondering if Katherine was insane? "oh, i guess you've never seen a Savannah Cat before?" he asked with a smile. "he's perfectly harmless, he's just nosy and likes to chew on things." he explained. "Dragomir is very tame. he's never hurt a soul... well, no, he hurt that rabid dog, but he's never hurt a human." he assured them. "he's big, but he's just like a dog." he admitted as he flopped the cat on the bed. "i even put him on a leash and take him on walks." he admitted with a chuckle as he patted the big cat's side, making it purr. "i can put him int he bedroom if he bothers you?" he offered, looking worried as Dragomir started bathing himself. "Hey, go get your ball." Daneas ordered, the cat immidiatly was all energy, running into one of the bedrooms and returning with a bright tinfoil like fuzzy ball that cats seamed to love and took it straight to Daneas and dropped it at his feet. "He plays fetch, want to try?" he offered, smiling at the ladies.

Back
Top Bottom