Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Kingdom Broken

Frogger

Pulsar
White silk pooled around the queen's waist, glowing in the light of the full moon. The grass around the woman was flattened, bloodied. The stars glittered coldly in the sky overhead. And, resting on the cushion of the queen's shimmering dress, was a girl. Hardly five years old, with a sweet babyish face that warmed Queen Ambrosia's heart.

The woman closed one pale hand around the locket at her throat, closing her eyes. For a long moment, there was not a sound. It was as if the entire forest was holding its breath, waiting for what she would say. Then she took a shuddering breath, and placed her other hand on the child's forehead.

"I, Queen Ambrosia Dalea of Nievae, pronounce Crescent to be my successor and heir to the throne." Her daughter would be livid. But right now, she couldn't think about that. In her heart, she could feel that the best choice was Crescent, the little orphan girl she'd taken in as her own.

Her breath coming in ragged gasps, the queen began to feel desperate. "M-may she be guided by the stars. May she be wise as an owl, and swift as a deer. I ask the wolves, defenders of this forest that I love so dearly, to protect her and guide her, as you have guided me. And I give her my..." She coughed once, before steeling herself and continuing. "My throne, when she comes of age..."

Her necklace glimmered, then became dull. A silvery white streak raced through the sleeping girl's hair, and she groggily blinked open her eyes. It was then that a man stepped out of the shadows, his face ashen. "We shall protect her, your majesty." He tipped his head back, letting out a long, mournful howl. The rest of his pack joined in, and Crescent began to cry.

~~~~~~~

Thirteen years ago, the queen named her heir. There was only one witness, the alpha of Pine Pack. Be that as it may, most of the kingdom knows who the queen must've chosen. Her true daughter is a spoiled hothead, the kind of girl who likes everything to go her way. So when Alpha Greyson returned that night with her nuisance of a sister with the news that the five-year-old was the new queen, the girl was furious.

She even attempted to kill her sister.

Of course, there was not enough evidence to prove anything. But Greyson worried. So one night, he snuck the girl out of the castle and brought her out to the forest, a place where she'd be safe from her sister. The wolves, shifters, quickly warmed to the idea of having the young queen under their care.

Greyson eventually passed away, but his son, about the same age as the new queen, took charge of the pack. He became a good friend of Crescent's, and all was well until her 17th birthday came around.

Tension had been building up, and although the alpha knew why he refused to tell Crescent. Then, on the night of her birthday, the pack split in half. The splinter group took off, heading for the castle.

Now that Crescent is old enough to take her place as queen, her sister has grown more desperate. She decided to invite Crescent to the castle for a ball, but both girls are on high alert. It's only a matter of time before one snaps.

Okay, there are a few things you need to know before you join:

1. First, let me just say that this is a fantasy RP. That being said, your character can be whatever species you want. However, if you choose wolf or werewolf, your character is most likely part of Pine Pack or the splinter pack. Just...keep that in mind.

2. You can play anything from a servant to a head guard. Be creative with your rank choice.

3. If you want to be the princess (not Crescent) or the alpha of the splinter pack, keep in mind that a) they don't agree with Crescent, b) they don't like her, and c) they don't have the...friendliest personalities. Sorry, I'm just...picky about "evil" charries.

4. Some characters can have powers or special abilities, but that depends on the species. Powers need to have limits.

Anyway, here are some rank choices:
-Princess
-Heir to the Throne (Crescent)
-Leader of Splinter Pack
-Members of Either Pack
-Head Guard (for either side)
-Servant
-Spy (PM for details!)
-Seamstress
-Healer (often has magic)
-Whatever else you can think of.

I wouldn't mind playing a head guard in this, to Crescent or Greyson. Just a question, is everyone in the kingdom a werewolf or just the elite inner circle/guardians? I know you mentioned we can be any species but I just wanted to know a bit more about this.

I was thinking of being a regular human with some conjurer abilities as the Captain of the Guards. Your thoughts?

I would be more than fine with it, as long as he/she has some other means of protection. Perhaps he wears gems with special properties...? Just a suggestion.

He. Defensive runes embedded into his armor perhaps? What sort of protection are you looking for?

Nothing in particular, just in case anything happens where he/she is caught off-guard. That's all. ^^ I think defensive runes embedded into his armor would be fine.

Hmmm I'm divided between being a somewhat neutral healer, and a spy. Not exactly sure which one yet. I think a healer would be interesting if he gets caught up in the politics, and forced to choose a side between the two.

Alura, if you'd like to join this, great. If you don't want to join simply because we do not talk anymore, that is fine too.

Now then: I myself am going to play Crescent, the Princess, and perhaps a member of the Pine Pack. Is there anyone who'd like to be the leader of that pack? Or of the opposite pack?

I'm hesitant to try a double role with me being the healer, however, I can. I just may not be the fastest poster because my summer is jam-packed with being busy. So if you need the group leader loyal to Crescent for plot points then I'd be willing to take the role.

I'm thinking that if no one else joins by, say...Wednesday, I'm going to go ahead and put up a character thread, and we'll get started on this.

Hey I just saw this thread and I'm interested in being a werewolf. I can be either the alpha of the splinter pack or alpha that's friend's with Crescent if no one has claimed either position. Let me know which do you think I should be. I can play either role of good or evil.

Back
Top Bottom