Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Island of Sexual Hedonism (Revised Gender Roles)

GoldenGateSon

Supernova
Hey everybody. So I've had this idea in my head for a long time now, and I figure that I'd try to see if there was any interest for it. The basic premise is that there is an island (or a community in some distant location, most likely tropical), where sex is a very open and free thing. Several whole families live on the island, and anybody can have sex with anybody else, no matter who, including family members, but with consent of course. Basically, it's a sex civilization where we the players will make up the traditions and customs of the island's inhabitants together. As you might guess, this is fairly smut heavy, though we can also work together to try and possibly figure out a plot of some sort if you're interested in that.

As I mentioned, I've been thinking about this scenario for a long time, so I have a few starting traditions/customs in mind already. All of these are of course negotiable as we'd be building an island on which we'd all like to live. Be warned that a lot of these things are my personal fetishes that may not interested or sit well with everyone. That being said, these traditions/customs may merely be optional things that the inhabitants can either choose to partake in or not. I repeat again, all of these customs and norms can be OPTIONAL. I merely stipulate that they are things the islanders acknowledge as completely normal life choices. Below each of these items is a short description and clarification of what I had in mind for each one specifically. Also, I'll either be updating this list or creating another master list, perhaps in the OOC thread when the time comes, to properly reflect what the members of the RP have decided on.

The Customs and Norms:
- Nudism
An alternative to being completely nude could include wearing very sparse and skimpy clothing. The primary thing I had in mind would be a simple loincloth with just one or two flaps of thin fabric to cover the front and/or the ass crack, but with nothing wrapping up from underneath. I'm not sure how clear my description was of that, so ask me if that didn't quite make sense haha. Women could either wear a thin piece of fabric that would hide their nipples and hold up their breasts, or they could go completely topless.

- Incest
Pretty self-explanatory. Anybody and everybody is open to have sex with, so long as they give consent that is.

- Lactation/Breastfeeding
People on the island partake in breastfeeding their whole lives, and all women on the island lactate.

- Public Sex
Pretty self-explanatory. People have sex with each other in the open freely and in front of other people without giving it a second though. Another image (or rather sound?) in my mind is that the island is constantly filled with the moans of pleasure as people have sex at all times all over the island. :)

- "Marriage"
My perception of marriage within the context of the island differs from "normal" marriage. My idea is that because of all the sex everybody has with everybody else, babies are born left and right and women get pregnant a lot of the time (or a little if that's not your thing for the RP). As such, being married simply means that you pick a partner with whom to live and build a home. All the children are raised communally and can have multiple "homes" they live in. These marriage arrangements can be polyamorous, meaning a person can have many spouses. Another idea that I've done a lot of is that the marriage ceremony itself is more of a mating ceremony, in which the two intended get down and have sex in front of a large crowd of their friends and family. Relating to incest above, mates/family networks can be incestuous.

- Gender Roles
After some advisement, I've re-imaged this section. It makes sense that on a sexually open island like this, individuals would be free to pursue whatever roles they most desired. As such, men and women can be either dominant or submissive to their partners depending on the individual. Jobs and vocations on the island would also be up to the individual and their particular skill set, whether a hunter, a craftsman, or something more domestic like cooking, cleaning, etc.

NOTE
When you respond to thread to show your interest, please state your thoughts on my listed customs and traditions so I know you've read them, and also list any other ideas you might have for new customs, thank you.

Again, I repeat with emphasis that the things listed here are things that your characters/families maybe OPTIONALLY participate in, and many of these things could be entirely excluded from the RP if a majority of players don't like them. The corollary to this is that there could be a myriad of things added to the RP that I haven't listed yet, so please feel free to chime in on things you'd like to include.

Well, I guess that's pretty much the gist of what I was hoping for with this RP. Please, if you feel interested at all, reply to the thread and we'll see if we can get things rolling. All in all, I'd like to keep the ratio of females to males 1:1, though I don't really have a cap in mind yet for how many players would be good or appropriate. After all, this is supposed to be a whole civilization of sexual hedonists with many people, but of course the limits of text based RP'ing will limit us in that regard. Happing RP'ing to everybody out there, and I hope to get some who are interested! :D

P.S. I'll be playing a teen male. More detailed character descriptions can come once we establish a character sheet thread as interest builds.

PPS:
Character Profile Thread
OOC Chat Thread

RE: Island of Sexual Hedonism

Awesome! Any thoughts on the customs I've listed so far, and do you have any of your own that you'd like to add?

Awesome! Any thoughts on the customs and traditions I've listed malin, and do you have any you'd like to add too? I'm trying to make a living, breathing community here, so the more detail the better.

I'm really up for this. The only thing that I think might put some people off is the gender roles. It just seems odd that on an island where everything is pretty much open, women are still seen as citizens that should be subservient to men. That's just my take on it, and I'm fine either way.

I totally see what you mean, and that's definitely why I tried to emphasize that these are by no means necessary aspects to incorporate, just kind of my interests for the island so far. Do you think I should remove it from the "master list" for now? Also, what kind of a character would you hope to play, lemon?

Well, what if instead of doing it by gender, you simply did it like a ranking system? You'd either be an A, or alpha rank which would mean your jobs are more traditionally male and your a dom during sex, and a B rank, which would make a character more submissive during sex, and subjugated towards jobs that are traditionally feminine?

I'm not sure yet. I guess I'll see what other people play, but I'd prefer to play more as someone's child.

That's definitely an alternative, as there are a lot of female dommes and male subs out there. I'll change it soon.

I kinda meant more what gender, though the child part is good to know too. So far, it's 1:2 in the female to male ratio not counting you.

Cool I'm glad I could be of help ^.^

Oh! Okay I see what you mean. Well, I'm up for playing as either gender. So if there's more men when we start I'll play as a female, or vice versa.

Oh I decided that I want to mix things a little my character is likely going to be a nudist exhibitionist, and if I can get a daughter along for those kinks then I would love to do a scene involving public incest. >_< sorry my mind always likes to mix and match, also sorry for the late reply.

Oh and I am a switch, so I can be either sub or dom when it comes to slave master play, So yeah I can definitely agree with not keeping it strict to gender.

I will. I added the link to this on my interest thread so hopefully that'll get some attention.

Thanks for the feedback malin, and by no means are those things I listed supposed to be exclusive, so feel free to mix and match as you see fit, though you'll have to find a partner who shares your interests though.

Thanks for the support , lemon. Hopefully we'll get some more people interested :p

I'm very interested, though I feel that this rp is missing something, I'm not sure what it's on the tip of my tongue, I imagine that there should also be...I don't know perhaps a driving force behind this, like I don't know for the first part of the rp, the island is all hunky-dory all happy and go lucky when I don't know maybe some mainlanders crash upon the island or something? Ehhh I dunno I mean I feel like there's just something missing to make this from being 'great' to being 'perfect'

I get what you're saying, but I didn't really have anything in mind plotwise. As I mentioned, I sort of saw this as a huge smut-fest of an RP, with the main "drama" or change coming in the form of developing/devolving character relationships. I'm not opposed to plot though, so I'll defer to the groups judgement on what they'd like.

The only question immediately coming to my head is ....

The breastfeeding/lactation (along with the other mentioned kinks) are still optional, right? Because .. that's a picky kink for myself. I prefer having that if my character's already/gets knocked up. Not just snapping one's fingers and making that happen.

Otherwise, I'm up for this. I'm thinking a late teen - early 20s female. However, I can play both genders if needed.

Also maybe to go along with the Gender Roles section, something about Consensual BDSM play? Or an elaboration on it [since Mistress/Master/slave has been hinted]?

Thanks for the interest, and yes, everything I listed is completely optional. Nobody is has to do any of it, just that everybody has to accept everybody else's kinks and practices as normal.

We could definitely use more females I think, so that's great. And preference on being dom or sub?

I'm thinking I should just at a master/slave or bdsm section and completely remove the gender roles section at this point.

So far there are no guys who wish to play as a dirty old man.

And what of the law of the island? I mean even if the land is operating on pure debauchery and hedonism, there should be a NAKED governing BODY that handles public norms and affairs such as marriage.

Hm ... it'll probably depend on the character I make. I usually do switches but I've done doms(mes) or full/complete subs. So we'll see what kind of inspiration hits me. That being said, I may double if needed, if I feel like it, or both.

And also, for the Master/Slave thing, perhaps an option for any individuals to write/sign an official contract and thus make things legal maybe? (Mainly for when they leave the island or something of the like?) It does, admittedly, kinda go with little_iveta's idea on a governing body of sorts but figured I'd add that in also.

I can play a female sub and a male dom..... put me where you need me, i love all these ideas. Things are about to get crazy for me in real life so i don't want to commit 100%, but I'd love to try this

Thanks for all the new interest everybody! I think I should be setting up a character thread just to keep track of everyone who's interested and what ratio of females to males and doms to subs we have.

@iveta: A central sort of governing figure or council is definitely something I'd thought about before, but it wasn't really a core concept for me so I didn't list it. I just figured that with as much autonomy each individual had on the island to do as they pleased sexually, they didn't really need a governing body to tell them who to get married to or what have you. Then again, it might be good to have someone dolling out jobs as dictated by the islanders' needs. The question is if they council/elder should be a player character or not.

The NAKED governing BODY, that I'm saying shouldn't be as complex as the typical ones.

It shouldn't be a sensual dictator type of government that only keeps on piling up sexual laws to shove on the people's arses, what I'm saying is they are there as a mediator or arbiter for the people especially the married ones. Their purpose is to inform the people about the rights and privileges of engaging into marriage and having kids and give it to them once they have sealed their union.

I totally agree about not just being a dictatorial government. That mediation aspect was kind of what I was getting at with the jobs thing, though I guess that could also be interpreted as passing out laws? I see it more as regulation though.

So basically passing judgement on disputes, settling conflicts, and informing people of their rights and duties, especially the married ones. Is that the gist of what you're getting at? If yes, then I agree as well.

Oh, and what did you mean by "give it to them" after their union?

Giving out the privileges, like having the privilege to own more property.

Would money still be relevant in this type of society? I don't think money would have any value in a land where sex is virtually free.

Back
Top Bottom