Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Terrifyingly Demented Fairytales! Yes, I'm weird. <.<

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
Ok, so this is an idea I had on an extremely random whim. Part of it has to do with my love for the show 'Once Upon A Time', another for Disney because I'm a total geek like that and lastly because I think it can all be made into a twisted world of horror that would be utterly insane and dark and terrifying.

<.<

Think blood baths and complex twists where death can occur yet be overcome since the world of fairytales is a world of magic. Just remember that with magic comes a price. BUT it does mean that death isn't permanent.

This allows for much freedom, much violence, much gore, much terror!!!

And for everyone to come back... hehehe... also assuming things work out such that deaths occur of course. Not saying it's a must or requirement, however for those who aren't bothered by it, they can rest assured that their character will come back.

Anyway, this is a group and if there's interest profiles would have to be submitted to me and such. HOWEVER I want to make this as flexible and inclusive as possible. So, basically, if the character(s) are a fairytale/fairytale-like character then chances are it'll be fine for the entire thing.

As for plot? Well, it'll take place in the realm of fairytales. However, what's going on in the background will largely depend on our characters and some discussion between those who show interest. I want this to be a group effort, not the effort of one or two. Also, to help make it such that more have the chance to join up..... FOR NOW, limit is up to 2 fairytale characters per person (perhaps down the line people can take on more if they want).

So, who is interested and what characters are you interested in taking??? Remember, for now, only TWO THREE!!!

~+~+~
THE LIST (taken):
Little Red Riding Hood - darkangel76
The Snow Queen/Elsa - darkangel76
Cinderella/Snow White - darkangel76
Alice - Karameida
Cheshire Cat - Karameida
Belle/Beast - kuro_bara
Maleficent/Evil Queen/Fairy Godmother - kuro_bara
Princess Jasmine - LadyYunaFFX2
Pocahontas - LadyYunaFFX2
Esmeralda - LadyYunaFFX2
Aladdin - sailingsam
Robin Hood - sailingsam
Judge Frollo - Raze
Jafar - Raze (side character)
Iago - Raze (side character)
Quasimodo - Raze (side character)
Dr. Facilier - malin
The Wolf - malin
Faust - RetroPixelMonster
The Devil - RetroPixelMonster
Gaston - wildwolfking246
Hades - wildwolfking246
Prince Charming - Thaedael -- IN SEARCH OF THIS CHARACTER! PM DARKANGEL76 FOR DETAILS!
The White Rabbit - LadyLarunai
Mad Hatter - LadyLarunai (side character)
March Hare - LadyLarunai (side character)
Gepetto - LadyLarunai

POSSIBILITIES (to inspire ideas):
Hatter
Red Queen
Red Knight
White Queen
White Knight
Queen of Hearts
Knave of Hearts
Tweedle Dum
Tweedle Dee
Huntsman
Any of the 7 Dwarves
Sleeping Beauty/Aurora
Prince Philip
Stepmother
Either Stepsister
Ariel
Prince Eric
Ursula
Maid Marian
Will Scarlet
Little John
Prince John
Rapunzel
Flynn
Mother Gothel
Tiana
Prince Naveen
The Miller's Daughter
Rumplestiltskin

ETC (other fairytale/fairytale-like characters are acceptable, just mention them and we'll see if they fit!).........

Character Profiles Thread - http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=55343
OOC Discussion Thread - http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=55423
RP Thread - http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=55613

Well, technically his history should be hidden to everyone's characters, but I figured I might as well keep the players informed - might be interesting to have Elsa discover her father's secret through clues in the castle/with the trolls/among the elderly who still remember the uprising.

Perhaps it starts with a couple morbid anatomy sketches in the royal study and goes from there.

Strangely I have a thought of making Gaston a druid......or at least something similar to the D&D ranger that gets some amount of magical crap behind him at some point. Bare in mind if I do he would be learning this kind of stuff from the age of 14. Won't be too powerful, just would play into his back story to a greater degree. Kinda getting a woodsman vibe from what I have planned for him

Actually ... given the pic you're gonna use for him and all, that makes a lot of sense to me. I'd go for it, wildwolf. It's definitely a unique twist for damn sure.

XD oh I won't spoil anything yuna but suffice to say that twist won't be the last ;) This RP is gonna be fun, you can just feel it in the air >:D

Also like everyone else you can call me Wolfe

Praise Sun and Moon!! The hunter druid is on the prowl ;)

I can definitely foresee some interaction between Frollo and Gaston. Of course, the nature of that interaction is up to you, but I'm sure the good Judge could use a ranger of skill. Good assassins are hard to come by these days. Not to mention, Frollo does have a great many eyes scouring the nooks and crannies of France - and a man with a blind obsession to dangle in front of his eyes like a carrot on a stick is much more easily trusted because he is much more easily controlled.

XD he isn't assassin material though Raze. But given what Kuro and I have discussed there might be potential for that........later though, he currently has too much morality to even think of killing innocent people. I actually thought to have Gaston get news that the judge was cracking down the gypsy problem in Paris ironically enough, though I would imagine Frollo would find it difficult to want Gaston in his service due to his more "pagan" practices (aka the druid stuff that is currently hinted at in his profile). Not saying it can't happen, but just not right off the bat. But I would recommend keep track of my and Kuro's part of the story when we get started.....fate might soon change Gaston's tune ;)

Hmm with so many druids, and rangers about maybe I should talk to you guys about my ideas for what I am doing with the wolf, because that may or may not work with you guys or against you. Still not sure though my plan currently is to have the wolf be a very neutral forest deity, protecting scarlett and keeping her mostly to himself, while also still being a hungry, viscous forest spirit. So right now I am curious about how that will play into everything.

Frollo doesn't hate magic - he's a mage himself. His hatred for gypsies stems almost entirely out of racism - he's just convinced there's not an honest one among them. And it's not even that he doesn't realize that their proclivity towards crime stems from an impoverished background, he does, he just doesn't think it constitutes as an excuse, and thinks the only reason they do is because the gypsy lifestyle convinces them it is. That it's okay to steal from the rich because they were born with so little. As far as Frollo is concerned, it's all bullshit wafted around to keep Gypsy children from feeling guilty for long enough for criminal behavior to come naturally, exacerbating the sick lifestyle. The only lasting solution, it seems, is to purge the culture entirely.

Hooray, genocide!

Well I as Robin Hood was actually thinking something along the lines of going after the wolf, even before that was mentioned. So, that sort of works in my favor haha. Hmm...

sailingsam said:
Maybe Robin Hood could team up with Gaston here as a duo who goes out and comes to Frollo offering their services?
Wait what services? 0-0;
A) Gaston is hard to find currently even if he wanted to be found
B) Robin wouldn't likely want to run into Beast
and
C) Gaston is not a mercenary of any kind and even if he was probably wouldn't want to work for a Catholic priest that likely would have him killed for being a heretic/pagan

Like Gaston, Robin's mindset has changed here. Not saying he is a mercenary or implying that, but Robin's mind post-return of the king was a bit cloudier and darker. Who said anything about working with a priest?

You know what I'm probably getting really confused here... so, yea.

malin said:
Hmm with so many druids, and rangers about maybe I should talk to you guys about my ideas for what I am doing with the wolf, because that may or may not work with you guys or against you. Still not sure though my plan currently is to have the wolf be a very neutral forest deity, protecting scarlett and keeping her mostly to himself, while also still being a hungry, viscous forest spirit. So right now I am curious about how that will play into everything.
Gaston probably would be a total bro with the wolf then , He does have a wolf one in Raggs XD

sailingsam said:
Like Gaston, Robin's mindset has changed here. Not saying he is a mercenary or implying that, but Robin's mind post-return of the king was a bit cloudier and darker. Who said anything about working with a priest?

You know what I'm probably getting really confused here... so, yea.

Sorry, just red Raze's response on Frollo. It isn't impossible really, just that Gaston isn't looking to sell his skills for money if he can help it. But I could see them developing a sort of brothers in arms kind of relationship :)

Raze said:
Frollo doesn't hate magic - he's a mage himself. His hatred for gypsies stems almost entirely out of racism - he's just convinced there's not an honest one among them. And it's not even that he doesn't realize that their proclivity towards crime stems from an impoverished background, he does, he just doesn't think it constitutes as an excuse, and thinks the only reason they do is because the gypsy lifestyle convinces them it is. That it's okay to steal from the rich because they were born with so little. As far as Frollo is concerned, it's all bullshit wafted around to keep Gypsy children from feeling guilty for long enough for criminal behavior to come naturally, exacerbating the sick lifestyle. The only lasting solution, it seems, is to purge the culture entirely.

Hooray, genocide!

Oh then Gaston might avoid him cause of the genocide craze, angry mobs are things he tends to avoid due to what happened to Belle

Frollo is not Catholic here. Even in the movie they downplay his position in the church to avoid making the film look like it was criticizing religious hypocrisy like the book did.

Here, Frollo is a shadowpriest who worships death, leads a necromantic cult, and has a whole bunch of undead ex-thugs policing the streets as his thralls. Quasimodo, in this world, is his masterpiece - a twelve-foot tall hulking mass of necrotic, zombified flesh stitched together from a grab bag of specimen. Think somewhere between the Hulk and Frankenstein. The beauty is that the name still fits perfectly: Quasi-human.

Raze said:
Frollo is not Catholic here. Even in the movie they downplay his position in the church to avoid making the film look like it was criticizing religious hypocrisy like the book did.

Here, Frollo is a shadowpriest who worships death, leads a necromantic cult, and has a whole bunch of undead ex-thugs policing the streets as his thralls. Quasimodo, in this world, is his masterpiece - a twelve-foot tall hulking mass of necrotic, zombified flesh stitched together from a grab bag of specimen. Think somewhere between the Hulk and Frankenstein. The beauty is that the name still fits perfectly: Quasi-human.
Ok then, but still he might be weary due to the undead minons thing and especially Quasi cause of obvious reasons(kinda the whole they aren't "natural" creatures and thus would likely tick off a druid)

malin said:
A good snake oil salesman always is.
True, Gaston would be too if he ever bothered to wear a suit like that XD. Will be interesting to see how the shadowman plys his goods from across the ocean

And so will Gaston with what we have planned Kuro XD

Based on what I've red somehow someway I personally would want to see the wolf lock horns with Quasi so they can duke it out in a good old fashion monster fight ~

Back
Top Bottom