Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Key to Delegations [VegaxSinner]

TakodaVega

Supporter
Supporter
A tall woman stood looking out over the moonlight that entered her study, the pale moonlight sending flickers of silver along her blood-red hair. At six foot two, she was a slightly imposing figure to others. Yet, that wasn't the only reason most cowered away from the woman. The vampire elder was almost to the status of an ancient, not many chose to attack her when it came down to it. Her sprawling Coven, though sprawling, was still as strong as ever. Her hand dusted on some of the newer Coven houses that had formed. If not by her aid, then it was by the distinct bloodline.

Siofragana herself hadn't turned anyone in centuries. Not because such a task was viewed as daunting but rather there were no true candidates to fill in that position over the years. Just as over the years, not many had challenged her for her position as the Coven head. Those that did were given an honest fight, however not many succeeded in their goal.

Unlike the other Kindred that dotted here and there amongst the world, Siofragana believed in making sure any blood that had been acquired by a live donor was to be left alive. There would be no turnings of a human without being introduced into the society that would become their home. Though for now she had more interesting things to worry about. The manor above ground seemed ordinary, it was only the three stories beneath that gave way to the coven's holdings. For now though, in the cover of nightfall, she was safe, as were the others, if they were old enough, like herself, they could see the dawn without burning into a pile of ashes, but only for a few minutes. Siofragana only had managed to do it longer was her inborn power.

Ice. However her 'gift' was also a curse. Keeping her back turned, anyone who entered her study, unlike the throne room in the lower levels, would be with her alone, hopefully crushing their fears of her. Through the ties of her corset, her spine was inked from the base to the top, black rose petals could be seen through the strands of hair. Following the line of her curves down to her hips one could see she wasn't quite the traditional sort in those black pants that hugged her curves.

A knock at the door however brought her out of her reverie.

"Enter..."

Sintarious had been turned in his early twenties then he was called Joshua, after his turning his sire had given him a new name for his new life. He stood at just over six foot six with broad shoulders that made him look larger then life, though he held such a large frame he had never been like others and viewed his size as a curse. He hated standing out as much as he did and learned from his sire that it was his size that had drawn the older vampires attention to him. He thought the same thing everyone else did size was intimidating and he wanted someone intimidating as a bodyguard of sorts. His sire was perhaps one of the laziest vampires alive, making others do his work and bring him his food he had no true power but a very silver tongue that drove others to obey him.

Sintarious had been alive for a bit shy of three hundred years and had spent that entire time by his sire's side keeping him safe from the dangers of competing covens and the few rare vampire hunters the humans had produced. He was sleeping peacefully when he was shaken awake by one who had been turned just after him​
"Jisara wants to see you now, he's in his chambers" said before sneaking away into the shadows. Sintarious watched her go sighing, looking at the window he saw dim rays of sunlight gleaming through from around the curtains. He stood up and got himself dressed quickly a pair of tight black pants gripping his muscular legs, a tight black sleeveless shirt pulled over his large frame showing clearly the black lines of the wolfs head tattoo on his right bicep the snake running up his left arm the head peaking up on the right side of his neck. The shirt hid the tattoo of skeletal wings on his back, his master had thought it would be funny calling him his fallen angel. His master loved irony and turning a preachers son and altar boy into a creature of the night seemed to be something he always got a smile out of.

He walked into Jisara's chambers looking down at his short master, opening his mouth to speak he was cut off by the middle aged looking man. He listened as he was told he was going to be given to a neighboring covens mistress as a sign of good faith that they didn't want a war with them. He read the hidden meaning behind his masters words, he was to be a bribe to keep the other coven from destroying what Jisara was trying to build. Sintarious nodded understanding that he was to leave and bring a note to the mistress from his master. As soon as the sun set he took off from Jisara's dwellings running swiftly through the woods smiling as he enjoyed the open air. The note he was carrying was a note telling of Jisara's hopes that the coven's could get along and possibly help each other.

When he got to the manor he knocked lightly waiting as it was opened. He explained why he was their and was led through the manor stopping in front of a door. He sighed to himself and knocked cautiously not knowing what to expect on the other side, he had heard rumors of this women that she was cold and wicked. Hearing her short command he turned the handle pushing the door open slipping inside. Seeing her the first thing he noticed was the line of black petals on her back "Mistress Siofragana I am Sintarious I was sent by Jisara in accordance with the pact' he pulled the note out of his pocket' I have a letter of sorts from my master".

Siofragana remained still as she watched his reflection from the window. Contrary to the old wive's tales, vampires still held there shadows, so long as they had their humanity. Once they lost that, they lost everything to them. Her ice blue eyes flickered as she glanced the man over through the reflection. He looked intimidating, however there was something about him that seemed...off. Turning she finally looked at him, her arms crossed over her chest. She had no weapons on her but they were not needed as she kept her powers under wraps. If she wanted to, she could kill him from here. But that was not want she wanted.

"Sit, you must be tired after your journey." She said, there was an Irish lilt in her voice as she too took a seat, one leg crossed over the other. Very fine pointed ears were seen as she tucked some stray hair behind her ear, a halfbreed turned over centuries ago. "Do you really know why your Master sent you here, Sintarious?" She said slowly her finger tips dancing along the iron, frost starting to form as she watched him. Taller he might be, wiser he may become, but she knew there was something lingering beneath the surface. Otherwise his humanity should have disappeared with him.

Few things kept Humanity for so long without help. She held a hand out however for the letter, whatever the Master needed to see needed her attention. Contrary to the belief she let the Master on, Siofragana's strength was rippling undercurrent beneath the surface. Men who thought the females were weak soon learned the hard way that that she wasn't like the others. Far from the rumors his Master had spread, she wasn't heartless, her servants would contradict him. Cold, maybe, but the only heartless piece came about once she lost her temper.

And her temper was starting to grow when it came to the man's master. Pact or no he was trying to gain control on parts of an Elder's territory. Something Siofragana would have to fix, with a little...persuasion.

Sintarious walked to her handing her the letter stepping back and standing with his hands crossed behind his back head up in an almost military posture. "my master sent me here to try and bribe you because he fears that you will end his line, he will never admit it though but I know the truth' he said his eyes seeming not to see her but look through her' he hopes that giving me to you I would spy for him and you would allow him to live his life without enforcing any of your ways on him. He is a fool in many ways but he does keep his family safe and happy". He knew the words he spoke were not like that that someone of his sort should say about his master but because of Jisara's words he no longered considered him his master. Jisara had given his to Siofragana and her coven so she was the one he would follow now if she accepted him.

He couldn't help but want to try and talk her into pitying the man, not for his sake but for the sake of the vampires who lived with and served him. He watched her as she moved his hearing picking up her accent recognizing that this was her homeland, having been taken from nearby Scotland his voice held a Scottish accent that was hardly discernible anymore unless someone truly listened for it or he spoke certain phrases that brought his heritage out. His eyes took in every movement she made his life as a bodyguard training him to learn as much as he could in as little time as possible, his eyes flicked to her ears as she moved her hair. His face stayed stoic as he registered the ears in his mind guessing there was something unique about her. He couldn't help but admire her beauty and the grace that she seemed to hold herself.​

She gently tapped her fingers along her cheek, "My, my - Bribe an Elder hmm?" She reached for the letter opener to read the letter carefully. Her ice blue hues flicked to the male in front of her as she leaned back into her chair. "I understand that you wish to protect your Master," she said gently watching him with full intent, her cold nature providing some chill into the room. She could not help that the cold betrayed her moods.

"However I cannot stand back and see him try to force his hand on me. He should know better than that." She said slowly before sitting up a bit. "How respected are you amongst your own Coven?" She asked as she watched him with amusement. There was something about the man that seemed to remind her of herself. When she was a few millenia younger of course. "With proper training you could take your Master's spot as head of your Coven and not need to deal with such foolishness. If they respect you, they will follow you." She ran a free hand along the iron. "Contrary to popular belief, or possible what your Master has told you, we Vampires do not die if our sires are killed. That is not the way of things."

She slowly tapped the desk.

"If someone kills you, you die. Not your children and not your parents." She quirked an eyebrow, "My suspicion is that the rumor was spread when the Covens signed suicide pacts once their Leader died. And you will know when that happens, no matter where you are."

"I could care less about Jisara he stole my life from me and left me with no choice but to join him' he said as he watched her feeling the chill but shrugging it off' its the ones he's kept under his thumb that I care about, my brothers and sisters in this life". He listened to her nodding "I am nothing but a tool in my coven though my brothers and sisters look to me as someone to confide in, someone they can always count on". His face rose a little in a small smile "I do not have the desire to rule anyone I just don't want to see the people that he turned to die, most of the ones he turned were weak and easy to control. He made them depend on him and without him to lead them I fear they would all die" he said as he stayed staring at nothing in particular.

"also he will no longer be my master if you accept his gift, then I will be part of your coven and do as you require" he said his voice plain and boring lack of any emotion even lacking an uncaring tone. "pardon me mistress but I cannot help but asking why is there tension between you and Jisara? I know why he fears you so, I can feel the power coming from you I have been able to since I entered your lands but I am curious as to why he thinks you will harm him" he asked a very slight curiosity in his voice that would be unnoticeable to anyone with normal hearing.​

"Contrary to your belief we all choices when it comes to becoming a child of the night." Her voice was soft as she watched him, those ice blue hues seem to have an eerie glow about them. It was as though she was trying to see into his soul as she finally sat up more fully. There was no need to hold her breath, by now her organs were only used for speech, unless she fed from a live source. But that was another story as she watched him with slight amusement.

"Your master is overstepping his bounds by picking off those who feel like they have no other choice, vampires must learn to leave the Coven and nest eventually. I accept your Master's gift on the forefront," she said before continuing, "however I will not spare him," She twirled her fingers through the air, forming frost balls with ease as she leaned back in her chair. "Your brothers and sisters need someone to guide them properly. According to our Laws, Laws that I helped write once upon a time, if another Vampire Coven wipes the head of another Coven, we have the right to choose to kill them, or integrate them into their own Coven. Most choose the former since few Coven children would willingly join an 'enemy' Coven, however I see the dilemma in this case."

She taps her fingers along the desk, "It won't be easy, but I promise you eventually your Coven siblings will be safe. You may choose to accept this as your Coven, or not. I am not your Mistress here, you were forced into this pact without true consultation on the matter. While you are here, you will be treated as a Guest, rather than one of my own. If you so choose in the future to become one of us, well then...things will change."

"Jisara is a fool, he doesn't know where his control ends' he said softly. He listened to her as she spoke feeling himself growing to like this women she seemed so unlike the evil witch everyone had described to him. He couldn't believe that this women was truly the same monster from the stories. "Jisara has them all brainwashed so well they wouldn't stop fighting until killed, I ask is there any other way?" he said his face showing only the slightest hint of sadness for a flickering moment hardly noticeable.

He was shocked by her words that he was to be treated as a guest his face breaking its normal stoicism greatly as the shock showed. "milady you honor me I am not worthy of that kind of treatment' he said denying it feverishly not knowing how he would handle not being ordered around' if you can truly help my family being part of your coven would be a great honor". He had never had any freedom, his entire life had been planned out for him step by step.

(sorry it's sucks writers block is a pain in the arse)​

"My plan is simple. Your brothers and sisters trust you so once things have been established you can take over your clan properly." She continued to sit at her desk, watching him with those icy blue hues. "It is not like you would be turning your back on them, they would be a welcomed part to the Family." She glanced towards the wall at the mirror that lingered there before looking back towards him.

"However you must learn to break from following every order to a 'T'. I want you to know what is best for the Coven and your people." She was at least knowledgeable her needs to the Coven and was quite thorough to go through things to know their places. "So that is why you shall be treated as a guest." She pointed to the door, "Once you leave this room go down the hallway till you see a set of stairs, to the left is the guest rooms. Do not enter the doors with roses on them. They are my private rooms."

She looked him over carefully as she watched him digest his newfound information. "Is there anything else you wish to know? Dawn will be here in a few hours and I believe you would like to unpack before it got to daylight."

He simply nodded as he listened to her words running it over and over in his head. "milady I will try my best but since the beginning I have had it beaten into me to always follow orders whether I think they are best or not" he said allowing her a little insight into his life. "Also I think what would truly be best for my coven is for them to be led by one such as yourself. Though some rumors have spread of you being a um 'ice queen' I think the term was, but just from a little time here I can tell that you would be so much better then Jisara" he said as he looked at her his mind wandering thinking about the many things that could end up happening.

He nodded seeing the doors his mind instantly thinking of her beyond those doors, he quickly shook is head clearing the thoughts from it. "where will I be sleeping?" he asked curious, when he had been with Jisara he had spent his days sleeping in a chair in Jisara's room facing the door. When she mentioned unpacking he looked at her curiously "um I have nothing to unpack" he said before he could stop himself.​

"You already know what is best for your coven without Jisara," she spat the name out, "Telling you, nor I. You have your own opinions which means you haven't quite been broken into to know what orders are right and wrong. That is what makes a good leader, Sintarious. Not what tactics are good here or there, but what decisively is best for the Coven. It is your job to take care of them because they depend on you and vice versa. It is that simple." Her eyes sparked bit in the light at the mention of the rumors. "They aren't wrong from that fact, however my gift is also a curse to some who do not understand that ice has a purpose more than it's own persona."

Her head tilted to one side as she let out a breath, one she didn't truly need but she did it to speak anyway, "You have your own choice of rooms in the floor above us so long as their no roses ingrained into them. You have your own bed, a dresser, and a private bath. My home is not like your former Master's. I take care of my own and as I said you are a guest here for as long as you desire." She quirked an eyebrow at his later statement. "That will not do, I'll have the others at least try to find some suitable clothing that fits you so you have changes of clothes. I will see if I can't arrange for the rest."

"as you say mistress I will accept the truth of what you say and though I still don't think its the best idea if it is how you think this must play out for it to end with my coven safe I will help to end Jisara and I will take over. Though I ask that it not be done immediately I think I will need some time to prepare for the responsibility." He listened noticing her eyes sparkle he wondered how she thought of being named the ice queen "so do you enjoy being the Ice Queen then?" he asked his curiosity getting the best of him.

At her words of him having choice of rooms for his own he almost felt his legs give out. "Thank you mistress if there is anything I can do to repay your kindness" he said bowing his head slightly. "I shall retire then if that is acceptable, I've had a long night and am quite tired" he waited for her answer before moving at all.​

“I doubt I’ll be attacking Jisara just yet.” She said softly, “It would be suicide to do so. It make it look as though you are failing at your job as a spy to him, for one, and two it wouldn’t do me any good to do so with you untrained in such a position.” She quirked an eyebrow as she watched his face, his eyes were really easy to read. His curiosity would be his curse one day if he wasn’t careful as her body stilled to his later comment. “No. It is simply my title, that was given to me over three thousand years ago. Long before you even existed my dear Sintarious, when the Druids still worshiped their gods.”

Her body remained still, “I do not need any repayment. However you do not have to call me ‘mistress’, Siofragana is fine, or even Phoenix. The younger ones usually call me that or Phoe for short having trouble pronounce Siofragana. It is your choice. However I am far from your Mistress. I would not force that sort of role on you if I can help it. It’s no ones place to be that.” She tilted her head, “If you insist on being respectful in that manner, miss is fine.” She waved him off then, “Go rest. Let any of the others know if you need anything. The human help will be here a little before dawn to make sure all the curtains are pulled. You can trust them.” Her eyes flicked, “Most of them are one of the others Human Servants, or Potential future fledglings. Though that isn’t set in stone yet for most of them.”

She slowly gave him a warm smile, though tension still riddled her form. “I will see you tomorrow Sintarious.” She said softly, and she would wait until he left to push herself from her own seat. Her hands still on the letter in front of her. Soon she finally reached the fireplace, slowly tearing the letter into shreds, letting the fire touch the paper as she tossed it in, piece by piece. There was no way she was going to just lie back and take Jisara’s word on anything. She wouldn’t be here still if she did. Rising once more she eyed the sky. Her thoughts and the conversation with Sintarious had eaten most of the night away. Already the sky was starting to lighten with the coming dawn. It was still an hour or so till then, but it was coming. She let her fire die slowly with the aide of her power, cooling the timbers slowly so that it may be reused once more. Her feet were quiet, save for the occasional tap of a heel she was wearing. As she went up the stairs, and entered one of the rooms with the silver rose embossed on it. Softly humming as she went, it was an old Gaelic lullaby, something not heard accurately in some time.

Back
Top Bottom