Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

smut vs plot?

snarky-kid

Banned
Banished
Does everyone on here prefer plot to smut?I have nothing against plot, but sometimes it just drags on forever without getting to the good stuff.I myself will do plot too if you really wanna, but right now I'm looking for some smut.Sorry if this topic doesn't belong here or if it's already been covered before.

Some people prefer plot over smut, some people prefer smut over plot, and some people like a mix. You have to look for the right partners to RP with and sometimes that process can be hectic a bit. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for in the request threads eventually. Sometimes its hard to formulate a greeting PM to a prospective partner, to the point where you could compare it to picking up a girl at the bar (just my opinion). You'll find what you need soon, but if you feel like leaving that's your choice.

I think that this is a highly active site full of very talented people and that, sometimes, trying to find what it is you want with so much diversity can become overwhelming or, sometimes, even frustrating, but there are a healthy dose of each type of player (as well as those who prefer a mix of plot and smut). It's all a matter of wading through the waters, if you will! Don't give up because you'll find what you're looking for when you least expect it. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. lol

snarky-kid said:
Trygon said:
I don't think you're gonna do well here, kid.
You really like to 'try' me.That's fine, since I'm thinking of leaving anyway.

Trygon is just being honest. This is something DA has been trying to push for awhile now. Just because this is an adult roleplaying website and it is accomodating to smutty RPs, it doesn't mean this is a strictly smut driven RP site and actually quite a few of our regulars prefer plot over smut.

Even if you come here wanting smut over plot, it gets old and repetitive after awhile. At least with plot, you can change it up.

Ms_Muffintops said:
Trygon is just being honest. This is something DA has been trying to push for awhile now. Just because this is an adult roleplaying website and it is accomodating to smutty RPs, it doesn't mean this is a strictly smut driven RP site and actually quite a few of our regulars prefer plot over smut.

Even if you come here wanting smut over plot, it gets old and repetitive after awhile. At least with plot, you can change it up.

Muffintops is pretty dead on. I'm one of the (more) regular people who prefer a mix. However, if you ask me (Hell it's on my thread in fact) to choose one over the other, I'll gladly take plot in a heartbeat. Smut's good and all. But - as Muffins also said - it does get boring as hell just focusing mostly/solely on it. I've been there, done that. It really isn't any fun. Sometimes, plot twists can be better than any sensual scene I can write out so .. yeah. Not only can plot be altered but more often than not, but also for the better.

Ms_Muffintops said:
snarky-kid said:
Trygon said:
I don't think you're gonna do well here, kid.
You really like to 'try' me.That's fine, since I'm thinking of leaving anyway.

Maybe so but all I was doing was seeing if somebody wanted to do something incredibly smutty, I never said everybody should want to do smut.I never said there's anything wrong with plot, I just said I would rather do something with a little more smut, so how do you justify "I don't think you belong here", which is more or less what he said, as an appropriate response to the subject of this thread?
Furthermore, the reason I feel like leaving might have something to do with the fact that I don't really feel welcome here.Some people I try to contact just don't answer at all, others just stop talking halfway through.It's quite frustrating and I feel like nothings going great with being here.

snarky-kid said:
Some people I try to contact just don't answer at all, others just stop talking halfway through.It's quite frustrating and I feel like nothings going great with being here.

And you think that this is different on other sites?

It's the same no matter where you go, it's one of the trial and errors of role playing; you learn to live with it and move on. No one on this site has an obligation to stick with you, me, or anyone. If you're having trouble attracting a partner or keeping someone around to talk to, perhaps the problem is you.

I don't think the problem is the site, or the other people. All those failed conversations have one shared element, don't they?

Much easier to tantrum and storm off then make an effort to understand what you're doing wrong and improve, however.

People are rude and its not like there's a shortage of smut.

Hey cool, it tells you what banned people are banned for. I like this feature. So learning.

So it seems that it does tell you why someone is banned if you click their name to view their profile... Interesting. It's nice to see a site that gives you a justification as to why someone whom you might have been enjoying a role play with was banned rather than just banning them and leaving you hanging for what might seem like no reason. Kudos. Such Justice. Much Fairness. So Wow.

I'm sorry... I've been on memebase...​

Back
Top Bottom