Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How to get to know people on here?

snarky-kid

Banned
Banished
How do you get to know people on here?
Note: Messaging people and asking them how they are does not work.

I feel like this is a little awkward topic...but, it mostly goes the same way as in real life. You don't expect to bump into someone and go FBI on them. You slowly get to know them, from a simple "Hi," or a "hello". Even a RP request. Slowly, maybe you start gaining their trust, and you can form a friendship! But of course I'm not talking about this place as if you were thinking of a date site. I'm talking about how to make friends, bonds between people. I'd never think of sending a PM just to get a boyfriend/girlfriend. :s

Hey there snarky,

Why not try chat, that would be a public area where you can start to meet people. However, please keep in mind that this is a writing site, so people are generally on here to write and not make friends. Though, friendships will usually form if you work well together and are talkative without being creepy and like Phan said, its a slow process and it wont happen over night.

I hope this helps and enjoy your time on BMR.
~LD

I would just go with the flow of things. There's a chatroom where you can talk casually, and since it's a role-playing site, it's easy to meet new people via role-playing requests. As you role-play with someone, sometimes OOC chatter happens. Instead of approaching out of the blue, try to look for something natural and relatable to what's going on. Easier said then done, but I think after a while you'll get a knack for when it's appropriate to chat.

And of course, I'm willing to chat if you're looking for someone to chill with.

You don't.....Why would you want to get to know anyone here? After all this site is filled with perverts and the depraved. Joke aside your best bet is the chat system.

Recommendations on how to be socially rejected on this site:

1. Be respectful and patient to your partners. They owe you nothing. If you have good standing as a RP partner you'll likely give a good impression as a member of the community.
2. Don't act 'weird and liek totally random', it doesn't work on people here. So many people come into chat and try to pull this act on people and it's just annoying.
3. Don't assume we're all here to talk about nothing but sex and RPs.
4. Read DAs rules and announcements.

If you can do all of that, stop by the chat and talk to people.

Back
Top Bottom