Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Journal. (Because important people do it!)

Southern Dream

Planetoid
Well... Lets see... My name is Colby, granted that's all you are going to get out of me as far as my name goes. :p

I was born and raised in a very small town in Alabama. I love it and I love the south. I still live in that town and I dont want to move anywhere else. I suppose that would bring me to my first order of business. Americas idea of the South.

I have noticed, both from the media and from person experience, that there is a common consensus that it is ok to berate southern culture, dialect and lifestyle. You see it in reality shows and major news networks like MSNBC alike. The idea that we all play Banjos and chew tobacco is false, so is the idea that we are all inbreed, so is the idea that we are uneducated and are poor. Yes I am not the richest one around but so are the majority of Americans, so why because of the fact that I was born poor but in the south make me 'White Trash'?

I hate that term so much... 'White Trash'. Its absolutely racist. Its a slur based on the locality and birth place of a person, so that is a racial slur. Yet, I never see the ADL come to our aid, they usually just blame us all for the deeds of fringe groups.

This may be because of the issue regarding the civil war and slavery. Which I understand was a large reason as to why the war occurred in the first place. But how long do we have to take blame for this? Until our dialect and our culture is stomped into the ground forever?

Dont get me wrong, I am not over sensitive about stuff like this. I really am not, but where is the fairness in this? I dont see any other group being as mistreated in the Media as the south is.

Its just not fair, and if its ok for an entire nation to ridicule a population within said nation, then why should that population even be apart of that nation? America does not deserve the Virtues that the South could give to it. If anything, we are the last true Americans in the nation, outside of the cesspool of corruption, lies and evil that defines America now.

Granted, I dont see myself as an American anymore, I have not for years. I see myself as a citizen of the Confederate States of America.

I hope to see the Confederacy rise to the challenge once again one day... But that will never happen, and no one will care, as they dont right now.
-----
Also, not everything I post will be political. Its just things that are on my mind at any given time.

Im bored again, and it seems to be a recurring theme.

Of course I could RP, thats what this place is for after all.

I could do that, yes. If I was not as sick as I am right now. I also worry that I my sickness is creating a lack of intensiveness to RP, at least and most likely, temporary. This is larger then just plain momentary boredom. I feel like my life is lacking substance, something that is real and constant. Something is definitely lacking. Perhaps that is why I came out of my hiatus from this site in the first place, and maybe it is why I left here to begin with. I dont know, all I do know is that I am bored and I would like to share that with someone.

Granted, everyone can say they are bored, and maybe my own boredom is not an issue...

Also, it seems that I got kicked from the chat. (Temporary or not, I dont know and dont really care.)

Failure sets into confusion and confusion into anger, I suppose. *Shrugs*

Who knows, maybe I am a hypocrite.

I am not very smart is the thing, and thats not the low self-esteem talking. I just dont do well in school. I also always had the idea that you succeed based on your own merit, and for a lot of people, that is true. Although when it comes to me, who is not very smart, it is not so much the case. Because of that, I find myself being angry towards the education system for not helping me, despite the fact that I know it is my own fault. Maybe it is hypocritical, I think it is at least.

But, that is just my thought.

I wanna start sharing stories now.
-----
I was hired through connections with my mom to work at IT at the town hall. I was not skilled in IT at ALlL... I also have a LOT of stories from this shit...
>Be first day.
>Woman asks me if I can install the latest version of Adobe Reader.
>Fuck yea, I got this.
>Does it epically.
>"Wow! Your really good at this!"
>"Well... You know..."
>Asked to put in Admin Credentials.
>Tries to put in the Admin Password.
>"Uh... Oh crap! Somethings wrong with the server! Be right back!"
>For the entirety of the time I had that job, she never got Adobe Reader.

You want more? "No!" You asked for it then!" *Everyone runs away.*
-----
>Be day two.
>Angry guy in offices a floor below me is asking me about some weird computer program.
>Have no idea what he is even saying.
>"... Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
>It fucking worked.
(Im going to post more soon!)

>Day 3.
>Really hot second floor manager comes in with laptop issues.
>Like, 9/10. She is my girl-crush.
>Tells me something happened.
>I am not even listening because like, oh my god.
>Her laptops smells like strawberries~.
>I download Adobe Reader and send her on her way.

>Day 4.
>Learn how to turn of the servers.
>When people start asking for help, I go to the servers, turn them off, then I start downloading Adobe Reader.
>Eventually people start screaming "SERVERS DOWN! SERVERS DOWN!"
>"I got it."
>Run back to server room and play Hotline Miami for a couple of Hours.
>Turn server back on at the end of the day.
>"... I did you guys..."
>People praise me, saying I saved the day.

The rest of this amazing story is here! X3
All credit goes to whoever lives such a beautiful life, because honestly... Like, Jesus...I dont know who made it, but I wish I did. XD
https://imgur.com/a/iJD8f

Is stressed and worried that someone is going to burn my house down and/or shoot my in the head... :'c

Sorry to hear you are stressed, I hate feeling that way myself.

As for the rest, that just seems... Irrational, improbable, random or over the top dramatic. Have you been threatened with either of these?

I mean to ease your mind, and these just seem highly unlikely. Soooo I wouldn't give in to these fears, give them the finger and try to relax a bit.

The person who said that is "All bark and no bite." says my best friend. I am inclined to believe him, but it still shook me up a bit...

She accused me of gossiping behind her back or something, and I never even was talking about her. X'c (So yes, I was threatened with both earlier today. I am not a drama-queen or overeating.)

I just dont like the sudden possibility... Obviously... Maybe I should have elaborated... I guess I am just not good at talking ether. :/

No its fine. In your scared state things get jumbled. I understand.

I wouldn't think this other person would be stupid enough to try either of these things. You could always get a restraining order against them or report them for harassment.... Just an idea.

also, I would hope you weren't overeating... Though I think you meant overreacting lol. It was a cute typo. ;)

LOL... silly SouthernDream!

I hope things get better for you, I really do. It seems you have a good friend that has your back and I doubt the idiot saying things will dare to even come at you.

But alert the authorities anyway, because they are for sure in the wrong.

There are some people across town that have been shooting their guns off all evening. I dont mind it though. It sounds like freedom. :3

scale.php

God dammit is stress getting to me... I need to figure out a way to get over my anxiety I just worry for reasons that are only problems in my head... Probably getting ahead of myself. But basically, I get worked up MAJORLY. I dont show it to often, but holy crap... Thoughts create insanity, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom