Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Interesting Family History?

Southern Dream

Planetoid
I can recall my families history on my Fathers side for 2,000 years, due to the ability that they had to record their history. My mothers side, only 1900s or so. I can go further into it, but what interesting family history do you have?

My moms side of the family (her father) came from Czechoslovakia. My Great Grandfathers name is on this monument in New York due to it, though I do not know much of the language.

I know my mother can get dark VERY quickly in the sun, I'm thinking that being Czechoslovakian has something to do with it, yet that isn't passed on to me... Darn. :{​

I don't like tanning ether way. My ADD would not allow it. :D

Basically, my fathers side of the family was involved in child sacrifice and the murder of thousands of Dutch Protestants. My mothers side has been involved in the Klan for generations, which is actually why she moved where I am now when she was pregnant with me. She did not want me around that.

I can go into detail if you want, but it would be long. :p

I may sound stupid when asking, but what do you mean by 'ADD?'

Oh wow, that's terrible! I am glad that you are safe and not around all of that commotion.​

Attention Deficit Disorder. I don't believe I have that actually. I am just saying that I dislike tanning. :p

In regards to the Klan or everything in general? Because my family seems to have been ONLY the bad guys.

*Sacrificed Infants to the god Moloch for nearly 2,000 years by LITERALLY searing them to death. (Most of this time period was done in secret as our family was in a position of power in the 1500s-1600s and had to pretend to be Catholic.)

*Burned and beheaded thousands of Dutch protestants as the request of the Holy Roman Empire (Still pretending to be Catholic at this time, so they basically had too. We ended up being excommunicated eventually.)

*Reformed as a part of the Hessen militia. Was hired to fight the American Revolutionaries by the British. That destroyed the militia and left most of them in America.

*Unofficially reformed within the Confederate army.

*Has family members I have never met still apart of the Klan.

All in all, a big run. :D

I don't know a whole lot about my family's history, and I don't think there's much to it that's all that interesting. I do know that my great-great grandfather (I'm not sure how many "greats" he would be) from my father's side was a Hessian who came from Germany to America to take part in the American Revolutionary War, fighting for the British government. Obviously, after the war he stayed here in America for one reason or another. I wonder if he saw George Washington? :p

For those who don't know, Hessians were basically German paid soldiers hired by the British.

I also know that my grandfather, though I'm not sure if it's the same one, created the surname that still remains on my father's side. He had a fairly generic German surname when he lived in the US, and as the story goes, he lived in a town where there were lots of Germans with the same last name... He got tired of always getting everyone else's mail so he added an I to the name, creating what is now my last name.

I know that my mother's side comes from Lagomarsino in Italy and their last name is the same: Lagomarsino. I don't know much more than that...

Well on my father's side, we were native to Ireland and managed to get banished from it. I'm related to Abraham Lincoln and General Custer. I had a female ancestor who fought in the American Revolution. And I'm related to a German psychic from either WW1 or 2. Quite the history I know lol

@Blue Hatter

It seems that our families history is intertwined. :p

The majority of the people that were in the Hessian militia stayed in America because the organization went bankrupt after the war, and they could not be shipped back to Europe.

Also, you know the painting of Washington crossing the Delaware river? He was crossing it to ambush the forces of General Reese, who was my many times great grandfather. So Washington could have slit his throat while he slept for all I know. :D

Southern Dream said:
@Blue Hatter

It seems that our families history is intertwined. :p

The majority of the people that were in the Hessian militia stayed in America because the organization went bankrupt after the war, and they could not be shipped back to Europe.

Also, you know the painting of Washington crossing the Delaware river? He was crossing it to ambush the forces of General Reese, who was my many times great grandfather. So Washington could have slit his throat while he slept for all I know. :D
Killed by Washington... Now that would be an interesting story to tell your children... XD

My great-grandfather jumped a boat when he was 15, fleeing Norway for the prospect of American life. It's not a typical immigrant story, but I've always been keenly aware of the fact that I'm descended from illegals. His son was a true warrior, a sniper in an armored division, swatting flies for tanks. He fought in the Battle of the Bulge, and always spoke compassionately of the people of Bastogne. I remember when he went back there as an old man, and the medal they gave him. My mother took full advantage of the opportunities her father's heroism begat for her, becoming a respected and successful corporate executive in the finest city in the finest region of the country.

My patrilineage, however, is a total unknown.

My grand father on my mothers side was a Nazi SS officer (He was actually a jew who turned coat, and turned the rest of his family over to the germans so that he could join them, and then tirelessly worked his way up the ranks.) My grandmother on the same side was a freedom fighter from hungry. The two of them met on the docks as they were both fleeing the country during the last few months of the war. The only boat left would only accept them if they were married so they had a christian wedding on the docks so they could flee the country and go to Australia.

From there the 'romantic' part of the story ends and a life time of abuse, lies, and psychological torture happened that I am not privy to the details of. My grand mother ran away to Canada to get away from my grand father, and lived out a very long life as a hate filled woman who the one and only time i met her I was 5 and she slapped me for being too loud. I also discovered that my grandfather had at some point shot himself in the head.

If there is one thing I take away from this story is that both these two people were tortured in life, they had a chance to put their demons at rest and instead decided to take out their tortures on not only each other but their seven children. They most likely both suffered PTSD, but having only met one of them, and at such an age where I don't remember them my outlook on this story is very... romanticized. They were on different ends of one of the biggest wars in history if not the biggest. Both of them running from the side the other supported in a time when no one knew what was going to happen to them or to their homeland, and both of them were eventually labeled war criminals by their country of origin (though my grandmother's status was eventually revoked, and she was even given a medal for service to the people of her country) I can't imagine the fear these two must have felt, and the things they must have seen.

But yeah that's the most interesting part of my family history.

I wish I knew. I sometimes don't believe the stuff my dad tells me (he's told me we're descendants of William Wallance...). And there was just a lot of stuff that just sounds a little farfetched to me.

My mom couldn't give a shit about her heritage or family history so I don't know much about that either. For so long she told me we were German. Turns out we're not German...

I really like the idea of at least knowing your heritage or family history. I think especially as an American, I think the key to our society succeeding is by having an understanding of cultures seeing as no matter what, we're going to have a lot of cultures, sub cultures, and even cultures that have developed within our country. I had a friend from England say he doesn't see why Americans are so concerned about their heritage, it doesn't matter either way at the end of the day we're American, not 25% Irish, 25% Scottish, and 50% French.

Back
Top Bottom