Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

LGBTQ Chat Thread

Justinian

Star
I just wanted to post this here. I'm kind of Q or maybe B. . . I"m not sure which, but I wanted to post an "official" I guess, or at least one big LGBTQ thread where we can all post here and just chat and get to know eachother.
I'm very Social-horny, meaning I have am Socially starved and have the most massive and steel hard, long ass Social boner you could ever imagine, and It can't be ignored anymore, so I"m just requesting some chatters to talk with me/us/each other here.

So um. . . let's see, I need to think of a topic for a first discussion. Only answer if you feel comfortable answering. . . have you ever been traumatized just because you were gay, bisexual, lesbian, transgender, questioning, or hell, even straight?

As far as your question goes. Not really, and I am Bisexual. I know that back at my collage, there was a LGBT rights group that tried to get formed. It got some mild to moderate resistance, and things have been quite good for them sense.

Despite the fact that I am Bi, I dont really participate in that LGBT group, or any other group like that. I have been to one of their meetings, and donated once, but that was about it. Its not an important thing to me, as momentum for LGBT rights is quite strong anyways. I do have two friends who are going to marry each other that are active members in the group, as well as another one who is Bisexual.

Ah, the weird thing was, I had as much oppression,well a lot more really, for being straight as I do know for being bisexual. Back when I was younger, people would just pressure me to be this gay guy, I guess because they thought I should be. Maybe it was the fact I was a Brony before it was cool, or the fact that I was so smart and sensitive, and insightful. These days, because I don't have much social interaction, I don't have much, if any persecution for being bisexual.

Huh, well. Its not impossible for 'majority' groups to be repressed.

I honestly never experienced any pressure or hatred for my sexuality, although I keep it to myself, close friends, and the like, for the reason that its my own business and no one elses. I also have never seen anything like that happen to anyone else with my own eyes, or on the local news for that matter... Its odd, considering where we live. Granted, while stereotypes exist for a reason, they are not true all of the time, I suppose.

I've never had troubles for being gay. I went to school at France and Spain and it was quite easy for me.

Well you're a Rammstein fan so no one should give you any shit for being a fan of one of the best bands in der Welt

Tierhund said:
Well you're a Rammstein fan so no one should give you any shit for being a fan of one of the best bands in der Welt

LOL... Actually, being their fan brought me more troubles than being gay, because I was (and I am) the weird guy wearing all black and listening to those crazy german guys.

Yeah well they sing about a lot of taboo shit and can be really out there with their performances.

People care too much about other people's music taste.

I'm bisexual,but I lean more towards women.I've never gotten any shit for it,because I didn't know I liked women until a couple years ago.If people wanna sling anti-gay slurs/insults my way,let 'em.I've been called worse.I've always been considered "weird" for one reason or another.I was the loner goth kid in school,I listened to pretty much nothing but Korn and Metallica and Rammstein,etc.And I have a learning disability.I'm getting to be too old to care about what people think about me anymore.

I have kinda avoided the LGBTQ community and found them a bit harsh to me as a Bisexual. I felt like at least where I have been that I was always treated like I just was straddling and that I was just only half way through a change and never felt like It was accepted as who I was. Almost like they just telling me I was not making a valid choice. After having that reaction a few times in a few diff LGBTQ Communities as I moved I kinda been wary and avoid them.

@Zero

Yeah there is a lot of internalised bullshit in the Queer-everything community. Every community has a 'are you even ____ enough'? There is too much bullshit for bisexual people.

When I was around 14-15 years old, I had an argument with an ex (ex, ex, ex!) friend of mine, and she decided to tell the girls in our gym class that I was bisexual, they all refused to get changed in front of me, and told me I was disgusting, even the teacher told me to change in the disabled toilets rather than in the changing room to avoid all of the fuss, which was extremely upsetting. I'd never hide who I am, though. These days, people seem to think bisexuality is a trend though, and that everyone is faking it rather than perhaps people just being more comfortable to express and explore their sexuality, it is 2015.

I'm gender queer. I don't really like the idea of being any one thing and most days I feel pretty fluid. Some people in my home town didn't like that too much and literally beat me half to death. Broke a few ribs, cracked my femur, you know. The whole nine yards sort of thing.

stynr said:
I'm gender queer. I don't really like the idea of being any one thing and most days I feel pretty fluid. Some people in my home town didn't like that too much and literally beat me half to death. Broke a few ribs, cracked my femur, you know. The whole nine yards sort of thing.

Fucking hell that's fucking awful. I'm so sorry that happened, that's incomprehensible

HOLY SHHHHHHHHH....!?

For real? I mean, I thought we were so much ahead than that, then again, guys almost always get the short end of the stick with 'gender fluity' we girls get to hug and walk holding hands and almost no one will even rise an eyebrow, I have been doing it since I can remember, glomping my pretty friends and such, it took me a while to understand why I liked being so close, but I never had anyone so much as tell me I was doing something wrong, guess I'm lucky...

...And sorry, this might seem terribly unsensitive

Hope you are much better now, yu are obviously very strong to talk about this, but stay strong Stynr

Tierhund said:
stynr said:
I'm gender queer...sort of thing.

Fucking hell that's fucking awful. I'm so sorry that happened, that's incomprehensible

I've been in and out of the hospital a few times--it's not too bad. I got to know the ER nurses in my home town pretty well, haha. I moved away (lucky for me) but shit like that happens a lot, I think? I don't really know. At least, in the South it seemed to be commonplace.

SweetKissHardBite said:
HOLY SHHHHHHHHH....!?

For real? I mean, I thought we were so much ahead than that, then again, guys almost always get the short end of the stick with 'gender fluity' we girls get to hug and walk holding hands and almost no one will even rise an eyebrow, I have been doing it since I can remember, glomping my pretty friends and such, it took me a while to understand why I liked being so close, but I never had anyone so much as tell me I was doing something wrong, guess I'm lucky...

...And sorry, this might seem terribly unsensitive

Hope you are much better now, yu are obviously very strong to talk about this, but stay strong Stynr

Nah, you're fine--not insensitive at all. I don't know what pushes people to do intolerant shit like hurt others, but it sucks.
I'm great. It doesn't really bother me, idk why. Stuff happens, we get over it, we grow. I'm just glad I'm not one of the assholes beating someone else up.

To be honest, guys seem to get beaten up a lot for whatever reason (Having grown up with older brothers, they always got into scrapes over something or another, SPECIALLY for sticking up for someone else), this is just one of the examples and I wish it wouldn't happen, or that society would react more strongly to it

stynr said:
I've been in and out of the hospital a few times--it's not too bad. I got to know the ER nurses in my home town pretty well, haha. I moved away (lucky for me) but shit like that happens a lot, I think? I don't really know. At least, in the South it seemed to be commonplace.

Regardless, I am so truly sorry it happened :( Human cruelty is inherent but it still always shocks me. I really wish you all the recovery and safety you deserve for the rest of your future. The commonplace of violence in the US, especially in the South, always sort of freaks me out because in the UK we depend more on words, except maybe for football hooliganism lol.

It's why I don't really worry about getting beaten up...I'm pretty masculine I guess even tho I'm short, gay and non-binary. Tho dudes like to punch other dudes so I guess I'm gonna get a fist or two to the face one of these days for my smartmouth.

You're wonderful and queer and you're a trooper for getting through that bullshit. They're just showing all their gross flaws.

Back
Top Bottom