Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Weight of the Crown (JellyFish & Greeneyed23)

It all happened to fast. Much too fast. Brown orbs blinked, glazing off into the darkness of the halls, only the flickering lights of torches keeping the shadows at bay. She wanted to move but her body refused to do so. Wanting to break the spell of stillness that was bent over her limbs, she opened her mouth finding no hushed words would escape. The pink of her tongue slide over her trembling bottom lip, a whisper finally pulling through.

"Agatha will be the queen of these lands. It's already been decided from her birth." Her voice was feeble and unsure, the dragon's prophesy still bedeviled her thoughts. Aretha had a cloud of gloom overhead, taunting to be turned into a storm. She wasn’t ready to go back to her room. She indeed wasn't ready to think of the future. No, she was much too antsy to even think of resting like she had originally planned. So instead she paced. Her light footed slippers pulsing against the dull colored floors of the outer room. Every step was a steady heartbeat but grew into a pounding race as she barred herself into thought.

"Why would he even dare say that?"

She veered in her path going to open the door where her mother and father lay behind. But she paused. Could she handle seeing her mother weak and so vulnerable? And what of the man she called father? The one that used to hurl her up in the air and catch her as a child. The one that still seemed so strong and now was a torn pillar fallen from it's place. And as that pillar cracked and tumbled, so would the kingdom. Her hand wavered over the golden encrusted handle, scared to touch it as if it held the plague. A drop of sweat rolled down her neck, the bile of fear stabbing into her emotions.

She opened the door.

Aretha found herself staring at the face of a strange woman who was in a deep slumber, with sunken eyes rimmed with dark circles. There was a awkward moment when she could not speak, and the king still holing Nila's hand did not seem to have heard the the opening and closing of the door. But the king looked up, such sad eyes that looked of a dying man. She bit her lip to stifle a cry of anguish and then recovered herself and forced a smile. "Father, how is mother?" Patis smiled back, a weak smile, but a smile all the same. Gently, he placed his queen's hand on the bed and slowly offered his hand to his daughter. Aretha took it without hesitation and could not help but notice how powerless the king's grip had become, and how cold the feel of his hand.

"My daughter, my dear little girl. How your mother and I must have worried you all so. She shall be fine, or so I am told." Patis gazed at his daughter, his eyes seemed to burn with a dull, feverish light. And both looked down at the fallen woman, who groaned in her sleep. Her flesh had taken on a waxen pallor, lips cracked and raw as she twisted in fever, and her hair - the same hair that Aretha had - that crowning glory of rich, chestnut curls - hung limp and lifeless. Aretha even noted that some strands were becoming gray in her age. "Oh mother, how did I never see this? We took you as all to strong and your endured through the stress. I'm so sorry..."

Patis looked from his wife to his daughter, and spoke. "You bear the resemblance of your mother in so many ways." His eyes clouded over and he pulled the trembling girl into a hug. "I used to hate you before you were born. The queen was always sick and in pain during her pregnancy with you, some even told me she would die. And I hated you for trying to take away my wife's place in the world."

Aretha choked out a sob, her heart hammering against her chest and her vision was blurred in unspilled tears. She tired to pull away but her father kept her there, refusing for her to run away from an unspoken truth. "And then I loved you when you were born. So quiet, so still, so peaceful. You didn't cry just as you decline from tears now. No matter how hard the doctor spanked you, you just stayed quiet. You did open your mouth to scream but no sound came out." She shook her head, not wanting to listen to the king. He wasn't suppose to be like this! He was suppose to be strong!

"Then we found out you were mute. You laughed but didn't laugh. You cried but didn't cry. You screamed but never screamed. We thought you would be left behind all the others, because the kingdom didn't need a mute princess. A princess who couldn't speak. Our counselors told us to get rid of you, give you to a duke and duchess who couldn't have children of their own. But your mother and I were so desperate, to keep you and we searched out a wizard. A man of evil power and cruel reputations. But we didn't care. He gave you your voice but in return we lost something valuable... you lost something valuable. And now that I can't hear your mother speak, I beg of you Aretha don't allow yourself to be silent. You paid too great a price to be so..."

The king lowered himself slowly into a chair, next to the bed and Aretha sunk to the floor. Her brown eyes gazed up at the ceiling, now that she had slide down onto the floor. Why did she suddenly crave death? Why couldn't he tell her what she lost so long ago? "Why?", she spoke, the cold tears in her eyes refusing to fall. "Because you're not allowed to have it back. I was the problem and my sin was held against you." Patis looked away, shame befalling his tottering expression. Aretha wanted to dash from the room, to remove herself far away from the creature who sat infront of her and who wore the king's crown.

Patis gazed down into the young woman's eyes with a look of inexpressible tenderness, a fatherly compassion that Aretha had never seen before suddenly flowered. She was strangely moved and forgot for a moment the horror of the king's ramblings. "Surely, my lord is mistaken. You have not wronged me and I will prove so in time." She gathered herself and stood up, determined not to be pitied. "I am a princess of this land, not a mistaken sacrifice of love." She drew in a deep, weary breath and spoke softly and distinctly. "I will be my people's voice if ever their cries are unheard."

She walked to where her father sat, and kissed him on his head doing the same to her mother. "I will make sure your children get you prepared for bed, father." The king chuckled, and patted his daughter's head. "That's my brave girl." Aretha bid her goodbyes and left. By the time she was checking on her siblings and the jobs they had to complete, nightfall had already lowered it's somber face upon the castle. From a window, overhead, a raven surveyed a silent landscape as its black wings feathered the crisp, thin air. The bird's rasping call was the only sound to be heard for miles, breaking the frozen solitude in irregular staccato. All around, the land readied itself to sleep in the cool depths of night. Every bear, every fox, hare, and squirrel was warm in it's rustic nest. Cattle and horses stood contented in their stalls, heads drooping in slumber or quietly munching on what was left of the hay from the previous day.

Aretha stopped by the window, searching the city below. Her eyes lifted to glanced towards the country ahead, and the thin streams of smoke drifted from peasant huts into the windless sky from chimneys, sent aloft from fire that began to rise. Yet, she found no pleasure in the simplistic view. Still haunted by the tales she was told of her birth and misfortune. She blew a breath, and walked down the dimly lite hallways.

Hama had left Aretha in her trance and had walked to his embassy at his truly extreme speed, grabbing the woman he had sent for after Queen Nila had collapsed, and dragging her along as he went into the Embassy.

The woman's name was also Nila. Named in honor of the beloved Queen as they shared a birthday and according to her guardians, Nila Flameskull, she had a gorgeous length of bright red hair, when she was still just a child she had been brought before the Queen with a desperate illness. according to the girl's legend she had been healed of her illness by her namesake. Since then she had lived in the city and until recently had been happily. She had met a woman and the two had fallen in love and even adopted a young girl but then criminals in the city had murdered her family at random to prove their abilities. they never made a worse mistake. Nila the Red, as she was now known, had hunted down and killed each one of the criminals.

She was still in the midst of her trial for her actions when Hama had arrived. he had heard her story and knew her to be the one he wanted. he had spoken to the judge who had quickly handed down her acquittal and then he had spoke to Nila herself and she had agreed. now the woman was concerned for her namesake but Hama had convinced her that the best way to serve her Queen was to undergo her training.

She had agreed and together they had entered the chest deep within the hidden treasures of the Dragon's embassy. Near dawn the next day they emerged Hama looking pleased and Nila looking very changed. She still had her long red hair and she was still a stunning beauty, but she now was far more fit, and she carried herself like a blade. She also bore the turbium armor, altered to fit her perfectly, and was simply bristling with weapons though her favorites were clearly the blade on her left hip and the battleaxe on the right.

Hama inspected her proudly. She looked so very fierce, even without her helm on. He gestured and she put it on and now she looked evil. it was shaped into the face of a screaming demon. She had left her hair to flow out the back in a rather interesting way, the length now to her legs making it look as if she bore a cape of flame.

"Very good."

He lead her out of the embassy and to the throne room where Agatha was sitting upon the throne delegating and giving orders though everything stopped when the Drgaon and his trainee arrived. They walked before the throne and he smiled. "your grace i present your first Elite Warrior. Nila the Red." The warrior knelt.

Agatha blinked. "Nila. Warrior remove your helm. And explain your name."

Nila obeyed revealing her beautiful but fierce face. "I was named in honor of our Good Queen Your Grace. i live to serve the throne and especially your mother without whom i would not stand before you."

Agatha nodded unsure of what to say. Hama handled that snapping at two guards who nodded and brought out a training dummy made of diamond. he stepped back. Nila stayed knelt watching the dummy with a focus that made the guards nervous.

"NILA!!"

Everyone jumped saved the warrior. Her eyes widened her body relaxed even further.

"There is a Rezda threatening Crown Princess Agatha!"

Nila moved with a speed that was frightening. Her helm was suddenly on her head as she launched herself upon the dummy. In seconds the things was cut, slashed, and smashed to crumbled bits. Nila held the intact head and lay it before Agatha and again knelt.

Hama smirked his arms folded. "She has already killed ten Rezda. Five of them at the same time."

Agatha looked back down at the warrior. Nila did not move. she nodded. "You've surpassed my expectations Lord Hama...Nila?"

Nila's voice sounded demonic through her helm. "Your servant Your Grace."

"I name you the First Warrior and the General of our Elite Warriors. In honor of yourself and my own mother we shall call you the Queen's Blades."

Nila nodded. "I accept Your Grace. have i any other tasks to please you?"

Agatha arched an eyebrow at Hama. "She has devoted her entire being to the service of your family and this land Your Grace. Her family was killed. She chose to become what she is now."

Agatha nodded thoughtfully. "Do you have other prospects Lord Hama?"

He nodded.

Agatha looked back at Nila. "Nila I want you to gather the prospects Lord Hama has in mind. you will judge them and bring me your findings. Should they be of worth you will begin their training."

Nila nodded and stood saluting. "I have their names. Shall I go now Your Grace?"

Agatha nodded and Nila saluted again marching out. Agatha turned to Hama. "i expected her to swear loyalty to you."

Hama arched an eyebrow. "But she is a human. I do not rule your people. your family does. Taking their loyalties for my own would be unseemly and wrong. And a betrayal of your family's kindness."

Agatha blinked. She liked Hama. She owed him much. But she doubted she would every understand him.

"How is your mother?"

"She is resting, But I am told she is improving."

Hama nodded and present Agatha with a large basket filled with small bxes and tins. "Several healing and health boosting teas. For your parents. I hope they enjoy."

Agatha nodded. "You are most kind lord Hama... I will take these to my parents personally."

She called a break to the court and did just as she said checking on her parents before returning to deal with the daily events of running an entire kingdom. Hama left her to it returning to the Embassy and his secretive work.

Smack "Do you think she'll wake up?" Smack "No, she seems pretty asleep." Smack "But she needs to wake up!" Smack "Maybe if you hit her harder." Aretha caught the tiny hand midair, a low growl erupting from the back of her throat. Opening a single eye, she spotted Benedict, Chilton, and Arkley staring down at her. "Morning, sleepyhead", Arkley said. They all had a smug look of victory on their faces, a look that Aretha wanted to wipe clean. She touched her right cheek, feeling the inflamed finger imprints left from her attackers. A murderous hiss came from her, a sound that was like a coiled snake preparing itself to strike. All the boys, stood dead still, panic finally setting in.

"Why?"

Aretha sat up, her hand searching for any single object within her reach, which turned out to be her pillows.

"Do?"

Her hand fisted, taking hold of the bed decoration as she lifted it up in the air. Her brothers scrambled off of her bed, making an attempt to escape.

"YOU PEOPLE NEVER KNOCK!?"

The pillow flew from her hand with such force and precision, that Arkley, was thrown down on the floor. "RUN!" Benedict, called and they flung themselves out the door. Aretha pushed back her sheets and jumped up after them. "When I find you, I swear I'll plaster your heads up on my wall! GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE COWARDS!"

The boys ducked under the skirts of maids and pushed aside passing guards and men. "I told you that was a bad idea! But does anyone ever listen to Chilton? Nooo. Because Benedict always knows best!" Benedict stuck his tongue out at his brother, only to nearly trip on his own feet. "How was I suppose to know she would get mad?!" Both the twins looked at him in dismay and anger. "Because she's not a morning person!!", they yelled in unison.

Agatha was making her way down to her parent's room, when three breezes of wind zipped past her. She clung to baskets in her arms, looking over her shoulder and cringed when she heard a crash of dishes and the screams of women echo over the corner where the boys had disappeared. "Oh Zoar, please don't let Kurtis be like that", she murmured lifting a silent prayer. The thunder of running feet made her look up and a sigh dissipated from her as Aretha stormed down her way. "Aretha! What do you think you're doing?" Her sister grumbled her complaints, her bed tousled hair bouncing behind her. "I'm hunting three disgusting pests and getting rid of them for good." A hand grabbed Aretha's arm and began dragging her away from her destination. "Aretha you're twenty-six going on twenty-seven soon. Are you literally going to fall for their games?" She groaned, unable to argue do to her hazy state of mind. She was in the middle of a dream when she so rudely woken up and now all the excitement from her earlier morning chase had ridden the dream from her memory. She brushed back her crazed curls and spotted the baskets in her sister's arms. "Who are those from?" "Lord Hama was kind enough to bring these to ensure our parents health, he's done so much to help us. It's a shame there is nothing we can do for him in return."

Aretha blinked and thought over her sister's words. It was true that the dragon lord had done many things and had gotten nothing in return, as peculiar as it was it appeared he wanted nothing either. "He's a strange individual and he would most likely push away anything we try to give him in thanks", she mulled. "But what if you give him something that he doesn't expect. Like... a party! Something in which you would honor him and his support to this war. And I'm sure it'll lighten up everyone's mood even if but for an evening." Agatha furrowed her brows in thought, not precisely sure if this method would work. "He's a dragon, they sense things before we even do. How do you think he won't notice what we are planning? And the servants gossip spreads faster than wildfire., he'll plainly see what is going on." Aretha laughed, clasping her hands together in delight. "That's what would make it so much fun! Can you imagine outwitting a dragon? Of all things a dragon! Besides..." She gave her sister a sly smile, filled with tease. "As queen you must make the impossible, possible."

Agatha rolled her eyes at her sister's comment. "I may be queen but I can't tell the sun to rise when I want it too. And I must think it over, you can't just put these kind of ideas together and not think them through." Agatha looked over to her younger and smiled when she realized what the woman had said earlier. "Do you still plan to outsmart Lord Hama? You won't win." Aretha gasped in mock horror, and fanned her face as if just the mere mention of the lord was too much. "Me?! Never, someone such as myself is much to ignorant of the wisdom such a creature contains. I could never - Well. I might. Depends if he falls for it." "What exactly do you plan?" Aretha placed a finger to her mouth, a sign for her sister to quiet her questions. "The walls have ears, you know. And I'm still thinking of what I can do. He's a male so like all males, there must be some mistake rolled up in secret."

Agatha's disapproving stare followed Aretha to their parents bedroom, and before she knocked on the door she gave warning to her little sister. "Don't do anything stupid. You might just regret it." Agatha greeted the guard Xavier, whom Aretha thought was most likely traumatized by yesterdays events. Aretha waved slightly, offering an apologetic smile and to her bewilderment there was a hinted taint of a blush on her face. She could feel the tingling redness rise and she looked away. He opened the door for the girl's to enter and Aretha was all the more happy to dash in.

Nila was sitting up leaning against the many cushions the servants had brought her, Patis right next to her like the day before. Her eye's brightened when the two girls entered and she lifted her arms in a open hug. "My dear girls! I am so glad you've come to visit me!" Agatha smiled and placed the basket on a dressing table, brushing off her dress. "Lord Hama has sent these for you and father, teas I believe." Patis nodded, rubbing his eyes with his forefinger and thumb. "Father, did you stay up all night?", Aretha inquired placing her hand on his shoulder. He shook his head but truthfully he seemed ready to fall over at any moment. "The old man wouldn't go to sleep last night, even when I woke up and told him I would be fine", Nila scolded. Aretha held onto her father's sleeve as he swayed and muttered under his breath, "I'm not old."

Agatha chuckled and went to sit on the side of the bed. "If he still has time to backtalk he should be alright. Now, mother how do you feel today?"
"Quite alright, just some slight headaches and pains. But they should be gone soon, but I highly doubt Patis will allow me to move for days on end." Once more the king grumbled something, muddled by his unrest. Aretha was whispering for her father to get up and held on to his arm, as Agtha began to speak. "Lord Hama brought to me today our first Elite." Aretha nearly dropped her staggering father and quickly had to regain her bearings. "You never told me that!" Agatha waved a dismissive hand to her sister barely seeming sorry. "I was waiting to tell father and mother, now hush and let me finish. He brought to me Nila the Red, a young women who has lost her family." Both Aretha now and her father looked upset, understandably by the same thing. "She holds mother's name? For what reason?"

"Mother might not remember, if the lore holds any truth, but supposedly the girl was brought here from a child when she was ill. Her name was what healed her." Aretha sniffed and continued to help her father to bed and laid him down on the sheets. "That's a bunch of stupidity right there, healed by a name...pssh. However, isn't this the same woman who was suppose to be beheaded?" "Indeed it is, she was mercifully saved by Hama and he had trained her. After all, what better person for an elite than someone who had killed a band of murderers? Though it makes me still shudder to think of how those men had been killed." Aretha, walked away from her father who was now passed out in a deep sleep, snoring. "I don't think she was wrong in what she did. The men would have been killed anyway if she reported it. She simply made their deaths a bit more..interesting. Do you remember the look on some of the novel's faces when they walked through that part of town. Five heads in a row, beautifully displayed on spears in the middle of the town square. Some of the people said a crow had pecked out an eye of one of the men and swallowed it whole. But yes, she still killed someone and the laws have to upheld."

Agatha and Nila stared at Aretha, a bit queasy after listening to her describe the deaths. Agatha turned back to her mother, coughing as she returned to her report. "Anyway... He had trained her and she is surprisingly strong and quick in her attacks. She holds great promise and I've made her general of the Elites." Nila stroked her husband's head, still listening to her daughter. "That's very good to hear but how did Lord Hama train her so quickly? It's only been a day."

Agatha opened her mouth to reply but decided against it. "Dragons have their ways and most are not to be questioned." Agatha stood and Aretha followed in her steps. "Mother, Father I will make sure everyone else comes to visit you today. Have a good rest." The queen waved her goodbyes and the two girl's left the room. "So wanna tell me the big secret?" Agatha sucked in a breath and blinked slowly. "No, Aretha. If you want to know then find out on your own."

The door to the Dragon Embassy had never stood open for so long. Nila brought her humans, several elves of both races arrives, along with dwarves, Orcs, Amgi, and a number of the other races. Hama had slightly altered the chest to make it into the opening of a cavern allowing them all to enter. Nila was counting them off and when the last entered and the Embassy doors slammed shut she looked at hama. "that's only a hundred and nine. That is not enough."

Hama smirked. "Nila my dear you and these are others are to be the leaders of the Elites. And their trainers."

"What about you?"

"I will give all the aid i can but even the magic of dragons is not limitless. And we will need the chest for other work in the future. not to mention the Rezda that we hold for your training. And your demonstration subject."

She sneered. "yeah..Frederick. Why are we doing that?"

Hama smiled. "To inspire confidence."

She sniffed. "So are you going to govern the training like with me?"

He nodded. "But not for the first bit. That is up to you. i have other work that requires me."

She nodded again smirking. "Still sore?"

Hama grinned. "No. are you?"

She tried to grin back then laughed. "yes."

"Good. Get to it." She entered the chest and he shut and locked it then left the main lobby of the Embassy, where the chest now sat, and began to collect a number of important items, sending or taking them to the lobby to rest by the chest before resuming his search for whatever he was looking for.

Outside the Embassy Kurtis was sitting in a window seat tuning and practicing with his small practice lute. The size did not matter. the boy had the natural gift for music and already played like a master bard. His voice was beautiful, now the high clear notes of a young child, but already developing the depth of a true master of the art.

His cousins and uncles and aunts liked him but even they knew he was something special. They did not pick on him anymore because the last time they had Nila had caught them and had personally given them all swats while twisting their ears off and swore she'd flay them if they did it again. Even with her sick they all feared their mother and grandmother too much to challenge her. And it was kind of nice.

Finally Kurtis finished tuning and began to play and sing. his music filled the whole castle with a sense of peace. the Dragon Embassy even opened to it letting the music fill the great halls. The boy played and sang for an hour then had to stop. The whole castle was actually silent as the sounds still echoed throughout the castle. Slowly the Dragon Doors closed trapping the music within which was easily made to resume soothing Hama's frustration at being unable to find what he searched for.

Oh, she would find out. Somehow. Aretha watched her sister take leave for the throne room to be faced with impending paperwork. She sighed, looking down at herself. She was still dressed in her night attire and she found that some servants were becoming distracted. With a quick pace, she left the walls of the castle to head for the garden. No one had seemed to enter it since the queen had fallen ill. Aretha knew that would be the perfect place to think to herself and relax without any interruptions. Slipping away from prying eyes and opened ears, she stepped barefoot into the green grass of the garden listening to the soft melodies the birds sang. She hummed to their tone, sidesteping to her own dance. Twirling around, hands behind her back she stopped in front of a twisted tree.

She looked up into it branches, ivy leaves shimmering in the morning glow. Aretha reached out a hand and grabbed onto one of the lower branches and pulled herself up. It was a small tree, barely fourteen feet from off the ground. Climbing half way she leaned against the aging bark, specks of sunlight filtering in through her covering. This was where she would go when she was little, when she was forgotten about by her family. Of course they would soon realize she missing and would come in search for her. But during those few moments of loneliness, she would pretend the tree was her friend. That it could talk and sing, give her advise due to its age, and just be quiet under it's broken limbs. No travesty, no poetry, just simply staring at the sky.

Swinging her leg over the side of the thick branch, she caught the sound of a lute. Soft, delicate it hushed the twittering birds and whistling winds. She pulled now both her legs to her chest, resting her head on her knees. "It's beautiful ...", she thought but somehow her heart was filled with a sudden sadness that she couldn't' explain. The ache left her craving for and answer to her inward pain but she stayed until the player had stopped. She blinked, not moving and kept her eyes on the blue sky. It was so clear.

"Aretha! Darling! Yoo-hoo!" Aretha gagged and was whisked away from any ideas of peace. "Why, Lady Mary. How are you? It's been awhile." The blonde haired girl, dressed in finely made clothing waved her hand. "Darling, I have new shoes so I can't go over there. Might you be so kind to come over here?" The princess jumped from her tree and skipped over to where the newest arrive was. Aretha choked, assaulted by the scent of too many perfumes and oils mixed into one. Not wanting to offend, she forced her arm down as to not cover her face. The girl, who had only reached her twentieth birthdays wobbled over to her, wrapping the woman in her toxic fumes. "It's been too long! I've missed you so! And look at you, you've grown plumber than I remember."

Aretha had to force a smile, loosely hanging onto the young girl's hands. "I suppose that's what happens when you grow up, no?" Normally, this would have been thought to be a insult but Mary wasn't one to do so. Aretha wasn't fat nor plump, she just didn't starve herself to fit into a certain dress. She was proud of her body and the lingering stares of men told her she was correct to think so. She clenched her teeth as she spoke, trying to bind her distaste for the girl down into the depths of her soul. It's not even like she hated her, Mary was yes, a stupid woman. Anyone could insult her and she wouldn't realize and Aretha found this out early on in their relationship. She stopped bothering to gain any wit from the woman but that wasn't what irked her. It was that annoying brother of hers, that never seemed to be on a leash. Aretha thought if him as a lecherous dog with no morals whatsoever. And like a dog, he would go for any thing that would spread it's legs. Or what he thought should spread it's legs.

"Is... your brother with you? At all?" Mary tilted her head, puzzled. "Well, yes. He is. Why do you ask?" Aretha coughed, unable to meet Mary's gaze. "I was just wondering, the servants need to be updated on such matters." Mary giggled, wrapping her arms around Aretha's waist in a inappropriate fashion. These siblings held such a famous reputation for themselves among the sexes and Aretha wasn't pleased with the attention she was getting. "You know, I'm a much better lover than Lucas. Are you still a virgin Aretha? That must be no fun, at all." Mary's stare made Aretha twitch and she pushed the girl away. "Y-yes! I still am and I plan to keep it that way." Aretha dashed past the female only to have her follow close behind. "But it can't be that long! My brother has come to court one of the King's daughters!"

Aretha froze, now understanding why Mary had come so unexpectedly. The doom of this household was so near and she could taste it's bitterness. "Oh Zohar, just end me now", she whispered.

Agatha glared down at Lucas. "No."

"But Your Grace-"

"I said NO!!"

He flinched back. Agatha despised this little slime. he was not nearly as handsome as he thought he was and he had broken Gretchen's heart last time he had visited. he had toyed with her and lead her own. And then ditched her for some serving wench. Aretha despised him and if he even looked at the younger girls she would have him hung. She spoke through clenched teeth. "We are not going to put up with your trash Lucas. My mother banned you from this castle anyway. Why exactly are you here?"

He began to sputter and she raised a hand. "Save it. You may stay in the city. but if you mess with any married or attached women i swear to all the gods I will let the Dragon eat you."

He started to laugh. "You don't have-"

The Embassy Doors slammed open and Hama came out covered in dust but smiling. "Your Grace I found it! i- oh my apologies you are in conference I-"

Agatha shook her head. "No Lord Hama. I was done with this. What is it you have found?"

Hama grinned and walked over to her holding out a huge dusty book. "The Human Book of Fital Your Grace!"

Agatha stared down at it in awe. It was supposed to possess the entire history of the land. Even up to most exact moment. In the years before it had been a way of sending messages instantly between the races as anything written would appear in the intended recipient's book instantly.

Agatha looked up at Hama. "and why did you have it Lord Hama?" He smiled and flipped the book open and showed her. It showed that the Dragons had agreed to hide the books for all the races during an infiltration of the lands by a very dangerous group known as the Awter Ring a group of magical spies.

"Your parents had asked me to find it during one of our chats and here we are. i am still looking for the others." Oddly enough the Dragons only had one Embassy but that was mostly because Ethlberg was the only place in the other race's lands that could contain their powers and magics. If they had the books either they had taken them back to their lands or they were in the Embassy. that was one drawback of the Book of Fital. the Dragons did not have one and though their deeds were record when notable they were otherwise invisible to the Books' eyes.

Agatha nodded shocked then jumped as Lucas spoke. ""Is that a Dragon?" Agatha started to answer when Lucas walked up to him and began to poke him. "Can it talk?" it was as if he had not heard or seen Hama talking. Hama looked at Agatha his eyes blazing. he was being touched and insulted. Agatha shook her head. "he is not under my protection."

Hama's hand snapped out and gripped the little slime's throat and lifted him up making him gag. "Lucas of Bitterling. You are a self serving speck of a human that should be crushed to powder. you shame your entire race. and you have me with your presence. Leave." he tossed the little slime aside and snarling went back into the Embassy the doors slamming so hard the castle shook.

Agatha sighed. "Well done Lucas. you pissed off our guest. Who happens to be a Dragon. get out while you can breath."

Lucas actually obeyed too scared not to.

Agatha bent over the book amazed at it's detail and expanse of knowledge. This book could teach her so much. She even learned that Nila the Red had been healed by her own mother and she was even pleased to see that her own exploits were noted. She was confused by an odd mark by her son's name though. She had never seen it before.

Nila had been pleased to hear her grandson's voice and even more so when he joined her to cuddle. she had just been drifting off to sleep when he had suddenly sat up.

"Behold shall the daughter of the Gold and Red assume the crown when both fall to the scythe of death. She shall be known as the Queen of Dragons and shall bear a child unknown to history. Her rule shall mark the coming of a Golden Age and the joining of the races of Fital into one Great Nation."

He shuddered and flopped over into his grandmother's arms out cold.

Nila gasped. "AGATHA!!"

Twenty minutes later Agatha had her son in her arms and Hama was standing over the boy smiling. "he is a High Prophet. And he has spoken his first. And at such a tender age."

"What's a High Prophet?"

Hama smiled. "They come along before a time of great import. It would seem that Kurtis' life is such a time. That means he shall grow very old and teach many his skills and will be a great man. of course he can never be King but then again he never could. This also means he is safe from all forms of mortal pain and death and entirely immune to disease."

He stroked the boy's forehead. "To think. My third High prophet. And the first human. '

He turned to Agatha and bowed. "It is an honor Your Grace."

She blinked not understanding.

"To bear a High Prophet is a great honor. Thus i am honored to be in your presence."

She nodded. "But what does the prophecy mean?"

He shrugged. "i have no idea. honestly i'd ask Aretha. She has an uncanny ability to see the truth. i mean obviously it means that one of you daughters of Nila and Patis will be Queen and she will be called Queen of Dragons. All of you have weird titles so who knows. That's what i have."

Agatha shrugged and sent for Aretha.

"Mary, I really don't think th-"

"Princess Aretha!"

"Oh thank the gods, I've been saved", she though. Weaving herself away from Mary Morliana, she touched the shoulder of a messenger who was in a frantic mess and had the appearance of a young school lad. "Yes, you have a message for me?" The boy nodded, his words coming out in a slurred stutter. She couldn't understand a single word he had spoken. "Calm yourself and speak. We don't have all day." He took in a couple breaths, finally his lungs working with him. Turned out the poor thing had allergies and the pollen filled is of the gardens so near, had him coughing and wheezing. "You Royal Highness you have been called to the Master Rooms by Coming Crown Princess Agatha. She would not tell me the reason but said it was urgent and you must hurry."

Aretha's eye's narrowed and she nodded. "I'll be there momentarily." She gave her attention once more to Mary, who was enthralled by the conversation before her. "Did something bad happen?" Aretha shrugged giving the woman a hjg in farewell. "I do not know, I've simply been called upon and I'll find out soon enough. Now don't get yourself into any trouble while I'm gone. I do not have the time to search for you." Aretha left the woman to her own and raced down the halls. She was mildly disturbed by in which way the message was carried. Whatever Agatha had to tell her better be important because the way worry weld up inside, she was becoming uncertain if she even wanted to know. The gaurd at post, saluted to her when she stepped up. He opened the door allowing Aretha in. "Well, Agatha I hope you have good reasoning for why you made me dizzy in vexation." Agatha, who was fretting over her son, cradling him in her arms. "Kurtis, is a High Prophet and he's spoken his first prophecy", Agatha spoke bluntly.

Taken aback, Aretha stared at Kurtis who was seemingly enough enjoying the attention given by his mother. She had read about such people before but she could never imagine her own nephew being one. This was the time when Aretha noted Hama was also in the room. She gave him a interesting glance before asking what Kurtis had said. Agatha was careful as to not inform her sister of Lord Hama's own interpretation of what the prophecy meant. She wanted to know what Aretha thought and not disturb the girl with any other ideas. Aretha tapped her finger against the base of her neck, deep in thought. "It's a bit awkward of a name. But my guess is it's a foretelling of one of us children. None of the other kingdoms have rulers with red and gold hair. Either one or the other... And they are the present rulers of this time. The rest is muddled, all that can be seen is that which ever girl will have a child and a new age will begin. Though it's very dubious that all the races will become one. There's so much conflict already."

But she turned her stare to her parents, calculating and guarded. "What worries me the most is how the girl will gain the crown." Her gaze turned to Agatha, much to serious for anyone's liking. "Death lingers much closer than you could ever suspect." Agatha gasped, and went to whisper in Aretha's ear. "You believe our parents will die?" Aretha nodded, speaking in a hushed tone. "I suspect as much. But take caution and double the guard watching over mother and father." Agatha's determined eyes gave her agreement and she went back to speak with Nila. Aretha watched but something struck her as odd. Didn't she hear of something of the sort, of a queen's daughter taking the throne. She thought about it and then it came back to her. She looked at the dragon lord, very west of his presence.

"Lord Hama, might I have some of your time? I wish to speak with you", she smiled softly though her limbs felt ridged in tension.

Hama smiled. "But of course your Grace." he lead her into a small office off the room that would allow them to speak privately. He sat in a chair and looked up at her his legs stretched out and cross before his his face resting on his jaw.

"How may I serve Your Grace?"

Kurtis looked over at his Grandfather. "Grandpa...why do they call you Redsword?"

No one had ever told the child. Even his uncles and aunts younger than Aretha did not know. But for some reason even they did not understand, the women stayed quiet as Patis looked at his grandson. "because while I was still but a prince there was an attempted coup by the nobles against my father. They took my brothers, sisters and mother as hostage. i happened to be in my room when they came for me. i reacted by drawing my blade. before long I had freed my brother's and sisters then i went to the throne room where the nobles were trying to blackmail my father into doing as he wished. i gained my name for pointing the still bloody sword at him and saying. "My sword is red with your mens' lives. But it yet thirsts for more." stupid line really.But i was angry. And they actually attacked me. I killed them right there on the throne room floor."

He pointed to a blade that's blade was blood red. 'Thats the same blade."

Kurtis nodded thoughtfully. 'You know that sword will kill Tzechtl Rha?"

All of them blinked. They struggled to remember a time when Kurtis had been present for the actual naming of the Rezda's leader. he may have been there but they doubted he had been awake and surely he hadn't heard it from any of them.

Agatha stroked his face. "Sweety how do you know that name?"

He shrugged. "i dunno."

She watched the dragon lord, lifting an arm to wrap around the middle of her stomach while the other was lifted to place her hand over her mouth. She had to approach this carefully. Or she had to be careful of what she spoke. Feeling that she had reason to be suspicious was enough to put her on edge.

She lowered her hand, copying the position the other was in. “I want to know how you knew about our kingdom’s future even before Kurtis said anything.” She frowned ever so lightly, ignoring the collected state of the dragon. If anything that was what made her nervous. People who she couldn't read, that she was incapable of seeing the expressions that glinted across each word or movement, could tie her in knots just because she couldn't tell what they were thing. And he just smiled, a open smile with no malice behind it. Completely Unnerving.

He smiled. "Dragons get flashes of the future at random times. Piecing it together we could likely be called a race of Prophets. So we swore to not reveal exactly what we know even to each other. And all i know is that the next ruler of Ethlberg will be one of the daughters of Nila and Patis who of ruling age and with the needed skills. that means Agatha. Or you."

He looked back at her his eyes lidded with their protective lids so she could look at him safely. there was nothing to see in them as he watched her his body still as a stone.

"That means that dragons don't know everything." She played with the thought in her head for a moment. The comment sounded ignorant but that's what she had concluded. He had this uncanny way to say things that would throw people off guard and it had happen to her more than once, much to her aggravated acceptance of this fact. She stared, judging his character from the moment her arrived. Aretha couldn't find fault in him. She wanted too, just so she would be able to know her distrust was not uncalled for. A sigh left her, defeat starting to settle in her spirit. Nothing. There was nothing wrong with him.

She fell to the floor in front of Hama, arranging her clothing so it was comfortably around her. An act of submitting herself at a lower place than the opposing, or merely being humbled. It was a habit she learned from childhood that she kept up to this day. Placing her hands in her lap, she murmured of her stupidity lowly, and turned to face the lord. "I still don't trust you. I'm just clarifying that right now. I may not have a reason not to, but that doesn't keep my feelings from being expressed. However, I am still wrong to judge you. I am guessing you don't know of that past unless you've seen it or read of it."

She paused, the pride within her heart to bubbling in outrage. But she had to squash the flame before it turned into a full pledge fire. "Tsk. You just asked what you could do to serve me and I now ask that you answer some things. No one knows your history and I want to. Will you tell me of your culture and childhood? That way, I can feel if anything that ...you are more like my own." She hoped he would take no offence to her wording, it was the first thing she thought about when 'human' somehow seemed more like an insult.

He arched an eyebrow. "I will tell you anything you wish to know. but please don't submit yourself to me. I am but a simple Lord. you are princess." he reached down and pulled her to her feet ignoring her eyes and gently pushed her into a chair then resumed his stone like pose.

"i was born to a tribe of humans that feared my kind more than others. I was born with my eyes and as a human Dragon Souled and thus I was always a Dragon. Even our oldest and wisest sages are not sure how or why this happened but we have never questioned it. personally i think i was born to bridge the gap. I was born during when there were still only the first twelve Dragons. They found me in the mountains and sensing who and what I was they took me in. At first ti was difficult as they could not suckle me and I could not fly with them but eventually i changed into my Dragon form. I flew with my true family and served as their representatives to my other kind. We watched as you grew from mindless hairless apes into the civilizations you have forged. As you learned of the elves, the dwarves, and the orcs. As we fought and I was joined by my brethren the other Souled. Even among them i am something of an oddity as I am so much older and in their eyes so much purer. but it is because of my history that i was sent here."

he smiled. "I was sent by the Twelve to give aid while they marshal our forces. The Twelve do still live and though they are very very old they still are mighty and I will admit it will be something of a pleasure to see them fly forth to battle for the first time in millenia...As to my culture...think of the Dragons as a a large commune. We have no true rulers or leaders but we respect our Elders as we can and give them our ear at any time. But because we a re fairly isolated race, even amongst ourselves, it is rare to fidn us together. Families stay close of course but that is about as far as it goes. So we are spread out, with our own large groupings of lengthy lines of descendants, with Souled everywhere servign asthe hands and eyees amongst the other races, not all of us are so easily noticed as i. We have our libraries and great temples of knowledge. We research magic, we train ourselves and our young for battle. We root our and destroy threats and always seek to find our lost cousins like the Sea Dragons and bring them into the family. So in many ways we are like all of the other races. we are just older and more deeply attuned to the land and it's magic. but unlike you and the other races our grasp of it is far more limited. remember that i had to borrow Jesa's memory caster?"

He sighed. "I can command small magics but i cannot bring down mountains. Jesa alone can if she so wills. Dragon's magic is different. We cannot control most of it. we can fly we can breath fire. i can change between my two forms. But beyond there there is little i myself can do. I rely much more on the magic of the Embassy itself than it seems. I don't mind telling you because I know you won't use it against me." he smiled at that.

"The simplest explanation of our culture is that we are the oldest of the old. We have seen the error of our ways, and because of that we now seek to find a method of achieving peace. not only for ourselves but for all of Fital."

It made sense. Dragons had to keep their distance from each other in order to keep safe. But she couldn't imagine the isolation and the loneliness that was dragged along with it. Aretha felt a small tinge of sadness, but the remorse was wiped clean when he had smiled, telling her he knew that she wouldn't use his weakness against him. Was that some kind of sick trick? She just told him that none of her trust belonged to him and yet he gives her information that could be used in his destruction. "How do you know I wouldn't try to use it against you? You don't even know me well enough to say that I wouldn't."

Honestly, she hadn't. The thought never entered her mind and it didn't linger even after spoken. She had no interest in hurting anyone, but she was still curious on his reasoning. Before he answered, she leaned forward and placed both hands on the corers of his lips. She pulled down slightly, tilting her head before she sat back into her chair. An amused light glinted in her eyes as she murmured. "You're so still and yet you smile. One would think a still man would be frowning.... distracting."

"I'm not a man."

He did not speak for a long while. "And you will not use that information to harm me because you do not have that kind of wickedness in you. And you would also only be leading the other races to their doom. Just because we can't control most of our magic doesn't mean we don't have it. And we are still us. No matter what, no matter how old, a Dragon will always be a Dragon."

He then fell silent. Silent as the stone he resembled. his eyes were still flashing. It was clear he was just waiting for her next question.

"Would you rather me say dragon? In my eyes you appear to be a man and to call you 'dragon', wouldn't that be a tad rude? Besides I've never seen a dragon smile or frown, so it's impossible for me to compare otherwise." Her lip twitched, a half-hearted grin playing over her expression. "And you still don't know if I am wicked or not. What if I'm simply wearing the mask of an innocent girl, just as a disguise? Do you honestly place that kind of judgement on people without even exploring their actions?"

She waved a hand to herself, and placed it on her chest. "If a dragon will always be a dragon, than a man will always be a man. We aren't meant to be trusted based on point of views or first hand experiences. Men..humans aren't kind at all. We hold selfish motives and react to those emotions. I've been told and raised on stories that dragons were beasts that held no heart. But on the other hand, you've seen seen men with no soul whatsoever, I'm sure. So even after all of the history, I find it funny that you don't see me like a monster like I have thought of you."

He smiled. "I've seen so much more of your kind than you can know. And i have seen how those you love and that love you react to you. and i never said you were innocent. just not wicked. I know evil. you are not evil. Kurtis would and could not love you as he does if you were evil."

"You are not understanding my meaning. Man and Dragons as races have evolved in ways you cannot imagine. What i mean is that no matter how limited we may be because of our magic or lack there of we are still Dragons. We are stronger, quicker, and more powerful and more bloodthirsty than any other race in existence. Even more than the Rezda. But we do not have their impressive growth abilities. and as i've said they aren't attacking us. That is one thing that we have over you. We are immune to their venom. They plan to slaughter and change you all until they have a hundred billion billion forces to overcome my race. the Rezda are the only monsters I see and know. I admire humans. you have so much potential."

He smiled. "And one other thing. Nila and Patis would not have raised a wicked child. i know about your muteness and the wizard. And it doesn't matter. You are a wonderful woman. Formed in the beautiful image of your mother." his eyes shone at her.

Aretha's eyes widened considerably and she found herself speachless. Whatever words she wanted to speak were tied in bothersome knots of embarrassment. She turned her face from him, head lowered. Her unruly hairs cast a covering as she tried to compose herself. As she looked to the black glazed floor, she had to wonder how he had even known. That was a private matter, between her family. It wasn't even recorded in the kingdoms history.

When she had calmed, she still refused to look at him. "It does matter. I wasn't meant to utter a sound, just as the gods made it. I would be looked at as a murder, just because I took my sister's life in order to be normal. I don't even like being near mirrors. If anything, I wish in a world where there were none. The problem, you see, is that when I look into a mirror, I only see a their and killer."

She rubbed her temples, not understanding the reason she was explaining this. It was a situation in which people would say its not her fault. But the burden was still there. "Ever since I became aware of the stares of my older siblings who knew of the incident, I was haunted by a shadow of regret and anger. So it does matter. No one cares that I look like my mother or not, I still have my sister's blood on my head."

But despite the anguish in her voice, she smiled. "But I'm flattered you think otherwise. It's refreshing not be thought of in a negative light."

"The blood of your sister has never been on your head. Nor on your parent's hands. they were tricked by a wizard who portrayed himself as something other than he was. What they was saw was the darkness and cruelty. they did not know he stole your sister's life for his own purposes. he murdered her. And to hide his actions he gave you your voice. Agatha loves you. Gretchen loves. Even Duncan and Siddell. Your other brothers and sisters. your parents, Kurtis. your nation. Just because you feel guilty over something over which you had no control doesn't mean everyone else does."

He sighed. "And i want you to understand this. Your parents did what they did to protect you both. They paid a thousand fortunes merely for your safety and your voice. He took so much more for something truly so simple. i could have regrown your vocal cords with no trouble. Don't blame yourself. you're the only one who does."

Quickly, she stood up brushing off herself. Aretha had tears running down her face, one of those rare moments in her life. Something he said struck her with brutal force and she couldn't control the conflicting thoughts she had kept in. She wiped them away muttering her apologies for her emotional state. "I believed I've taken too much of your time, Lord Hama. You most likely have other things you need to attend to."

She paused before going to open the door. "Might you do me one last favor? You have to come to me though and...trust me." The word felt funny on her tongue, but she kept a serious face.

"I am at your service Your Grace."

He watched her closely smiling with that same basic smile. "You have but to ask Aretha. What troubles you?" he was entirely calm and relaxed as he studied her curious as to what she could want.

Cautiously, she stepped towards the dragon lord, gripping her hands together. Taking in a shaky breath, she took her stare from of the floor and leaned down. Unclasping her hands, she placed her palm on the side of his cheek if he were to reel away in shock. "Just trust me...", she whispered airily. Her lips part, heart beating against the inside of her chest as if struggling to stand closer. Pressing her mouth against the corner of his lips, she gave a small kiss of thanks that moved over to claim his mouth before she drew away.

Stepping back in one swift movement, a pick tinge of a blush redding her face but a devilish smirk made her seem brazen and uncaring of her actions. "You have to be careful of how you so openly give people your aid. Someone might just take advantage of that." Opening the door, she called over her shoulder to Hama in a sing song voice. "Dragon, you also want to keep an eye out for a certain new guest! She has a tendency of being a man eater, and a possible dragon eater too. Who knows? She may have a certain taste for exotic things. It would possibly be even interesting to watch!"

Nila, Paris, Agatha, and Kurtis watched in confustions as Aretha fled the room and made her escape. "A plan, a plan, a plan. What a very excellent plan." She hummed to herself, now in search of Mary to speak of the little development. She would make a game out of this yet and have her complete pleasure of observing.

Hama did not fight it. He kissed back actually. As she pulled away he smiled watching her go but did not speak. he gave her a few minutes then stood, brushed himself off and followed. Along the way he gathered in a very handsome young lord, Matthew Tate, who in addition to his youth and beauty was incredibly rich. the problem with him was that he was an insufferable braggart who had never done anything in his few years.

More by chance Hama found Mary first, amongst several men. He nudged Matthew forward and spoke in his ear. "you should know. Her father is one of the richest men in the kingdom. And she would love a husband."

Matthew grinned and moved forward beginning to boast and show off his jewelry. Mary immediately homed in on him and Hama smirked. he put a rose on a nearby table, and burned an image of a Dragon's face below it. "And you Princess should be far more careful of who you toy with. And especially with naming your pawns."

He smirked and walked to his Embassy, shutting the doors softly and going into the chest to assist the training.

As Aretha hurried in search of Lady Mary, she stopped dead in her tracks. The silly woman was flirting shamelessly with a very familer face, Matthew. The two of them seemed to be getting along quite nicely, which in Aretha's case was not good. She had to do something, quick! "Mary! I... Um. I need you to..come help me with...uhhh ...something! Please it an emergency!" Mary's eyes was glazed over, giggling against Matthew as he placed his hand on her thigh. "Men", Aretha muttered and pointedly walked over to them.

"Mary." Aretha had placed her hand between the two, ignoring the indignant huff of Matthew. Mary blinked quite blankly and it took her a few moments before she could recognize Aretha. "Oh, Aretha! You caught me in a bad time. Mathew..", she said with a piggish laugh. "Matthew and I were just getting better acquainted."

"I could see that, just as every other person with eyes could see that." With an angry hiss, she pulled Mary from Matthew's arms and growled lowly. "What do you think you're doing? You can't become all lovey over him!"

"And why not?" Aretha had to think quickly, or she would lose this chance. "Becau-" It was then when she spotted the rose on the table and instead of becoming angry she laughed. "Never mind, Mary." She waved the girl off and picked up the rose, still amused. "I guess he's on to me. Damn..." She looked back to the couple and an idea came to mind. She left them and immediately went to look for Ellen.

Hama was hard at work in the chest training the new Elites hard, pushing them just as hard as he had Nila the Red. It was proving to be quite fun actually. Hama was training along side keeping his body loose and limber and even learning some new tricks and techniques. That was what amazed him the most about the other races. no matter how old he got they always found a way to surprise him.

Kurtis was up and about now studying his grandfather's things, Patis having gone back to sleep, as had Nila. Agatha was leaning against a bedpost watching her son and thinking. She was curious what Aretha and Hama had discussed and why Aretha had looked so...what was the proper word?

"Smug. She definitely looked smug..but why? Hama wasn't angry...He was smiling..."

Kurtis chirped up. "Aunty Aretha kissed him."

"What?!"

He shrugged. "I heard it."

Agatha grinned. Her little sister was trying to seduce the Dragon. She couldn't believe it.

Aretha entered her bedroom finding Ellen folding her sheet. "Tell me how to seduse a man." Ellen doubled over, coughing hysterically. The old maid looked over to Aretha to see if she was serious or even oerhalhs joking. But Aretha had sat down in a empty chair, waiting expectantly for the servant to answer. "W-well, princess. It depends in what you want to know." Aretha sniffed, never actually thinking there were topics on seduction.

"Tell me how to do all of it."

Ellen looked so tormented and worried, she couldn't even keep her hands from shaking. "A princess shouldn't' be asking such things. It's improper..." Aretha laughed, finding it difficult on why Ellen couldn't tell her what she wanted to know. "You're suppose to be teaching me right?" Ellen nodded at the statement. "Well, I want to know how to seduce a man. So teach me." Ellen threw her hands into the air, exasperated. "Of the sake of the gods, who are you trying to trap?!"

"Lord Hama, if you really must know. He has this strange tendency to counter each of my strategies with his own. I've never met someone so entirety infuriating! And I want to show he can't beat me."

"So you're trying to out do a dragon?!" This was insane, the Queen and king's daughter wished to then a dragon into a puppet! "Do you understand how ridiculous this is? Dragons just don't fall for simple tricks and lust is something not be tampered with! What happens if the pretending becomes more than what was intended?" Aretha rolled her eyes, of wanting to hear her excuses. "Then so be it. Now teach me."

Ellen swallowed, now trying to form an explanation for the princess. "Well, you have to be physically attractive, charm, harmlessness... Princess, men are all different. To seduce one you have to learn what attractes that particular man the most. But I still think you should stay away from such things! Lust is a dangerous game Dilled with to many regrets. But Aretha wasn't listening. She touched her bottom lip with her forefinger, smiling shyly. "I want to try that again..."

"What?"

"Nothing! Nothing! I understand that I have to be careful but I'm grown now. I can handle a man." Ellen frowned, "But do you know how to handle a dragon?" Aretha looked down to the rose, still in her hand and smirked. "Practise makes perfect. I think just maybe, I'll see what I can practise on him tonight. Hmm?"

Back
Top Bottom