Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Advice on finding rp partners

you don't need the "a" in "a roleplay partners" since the word "partners" is plural you don't need "a" of course if English isn't your first language.... yeah, English is a bitch like that.

anyway, the best way to get partners is to go into guys/girls requests and respond to an advertisement.

Look for people with interests similar to yours in the request threads and make your own request thread listing things you'd like to see. Basically, reach out as much as you can to other people. It helps if you have a lot of interests and ideas. It also helps if you put as much effort as you can into your posts. It's likely to be noticed and smiled upon. Being friendly doesn't hurt either. I try to do these things when I want to role-play, and so far I haven't had a problem finding partners.

Make an enticing thread for yourself. Be thorough on what you like and don't like as a roleplayer and what you're looking to do. I'll admit, the less info a thread has the less likely I am to be interested. But also avoid walls of text.

Keep it short.

Give them no surprises.

Always go with the lowest common denominator.

Never be phased when people vanish.

Act positive.

Shower.

I always like to include a bit of my character in my contact posts or messages. It's hit or miss sometimes, some people don't like how goofy I can be. I see character as something that can define you. There is no doppelganger that is like you, so use that to make yourself stand out.

^ To all the suggestions above.

Unfortunately during my few days of being here I've found a few people that are "clingy" or try to take up my full attention.

So as you're looking for RP partners keep in mind that this is a consensual thing. Don't strain yourself or someone else to try and "make it work" because in the end you'll only be miserable.

I found an RP partner that has a kink that I've never really explored when it comes to the smut aspect but guess what -- he told me he doesn't need copious amounts of smut for that one. So instead we've focused on the story and development.

Don't expect people do be something they're not and don't push yourself to do things you're not comfortable with.

Some people will come to you but don't forget to put yourself out there! Either with your request thread or scouring the requests thread for theirs instead.

I have sent 33 requests today and have had nothing but one reply back.

So just keep hounding people into the pavement until someone complies and eventually you'll find someone that is worth your time and or effort for writing.

Don't be afraid to reach out to other people.

A lot of roleplayers I know prefer to wait for people to come to them, but I've always been a big believer of taking matters into your own hands.

Make a thread that you feel includes everything in it that is important for curious searching people to know and just stay on it. I update my thread(s) fairly often and try to keep things fresh and up to date. Aside from that just don't give up, bump it once every twenty-four hours and if that doesn't work wonders for you, try reaching out on a search of your own. I honestly think with a good thread aside it just comes down to being committed and trying to be flexible with other people on the site.

Best of luck!
~

You may need more trollzy pretense in your request thread. Roleplay is supposed to be fun, so remember that when you make your threads. Nothing stands out more amongst all of the size 9 font, overly-formatted, "I only play sub" threads like confidence and rapier wit, it screams "FUN!" Being a little smartass has never let me down. Also, don't be afraid to initiate messages. Some people are badass role players, but are rather shy, so if no one ever initiates a lot gets missed out on. Flesh out what you need in a roleplay, and fire out those pms like bullets of friendship. <3

Back
Top Bottom