Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The End (GreenEyed23xI)

he laughed. "I'm sure. there are two tigers sleeping out there anyway. no one is coming and we aren't leaving until they go." before she could ask a lightning flash did indeed illuminate two huge lumps that could only be big cats.

"i know one will find us. And if they happen to find me they will be slaughtered. I am very grumpy when woken unexpectedly."

He settled back ready to drift off. 'And seeing in the dark is easy. but seeing in acid rain that cuts visibility and blurs your vision is impossible. Again why the tigers are sleeping by the tarp because of the overhang that stops the worst of the rain."

He shifted the fire about a bit making it grow lower so they could sleep.

Marie looked at the large tarp that kept her in and the world outside. She looked at Wallace for a quick second surprised by the fact he knew there were two very large and probably very hungry wild tigers out there waiting to eat them both. The flash of lightning from outside only confirmed his assumptions and made Marie wonder why they hadn’t broken the tarp.

Marie grinned to herself she was going to test that out maybe she’d wake him in the middle of the night and see just how fast he was. “Grumpy huh?” she stretched on the make-shift bed. “interesting.” She chuckled closing her eyes.

“Not when your wear goggles that’s why the hunters have them so they can see with the acid rain and they have new armor to block the rain.” She yawned lazily she knew that if they found her the tigers would give her enough time to run. They were like perfect guard dogs kind of.

Marie slowly drifted off into a light sleep knowing at any second she could wake up and bolt like a bat out of hell.

Wallace woke her the next morning smirking. "You got cold during the night with your feet and such pointed toward the door. eat up. Then let's go see this hideout of yours."

He had all of his gear packed up and on his back, along with the tarp though a breakfast of fruit waited in front of Marie.

"No one came by the way. You seem to have forgotten where exactly we are. Nine thousand feet in the air. Down at the base during a rain is a riverfall so hard it could snap steel. Ain't no hunter getting through that."

Marie opened her eyes slowly when Wallace woke her from her light slumber she hadn’t sleep very well but that was a given she never really slept well out in the jungle. Marie looked down at her feet of course her feet got cold during the night they were her feet how she wouldn’t know that. She wiggled her frozen toes and then looked back up at Wallace and he told her to eat up.

Marie nodded as she grabbed some of the fruit and popped it into her mouth and began to eat it. Marie looked at the gear that once sat around them and was no longer out but packed away into bags and the tarp that once keep them safe inside from the rain and beasts was now down and put away.

Marie looked at him boy was he arrogant about things he was right no one did come by last night. Marie grabbed one last piece of fruit glaring at Wallace “The hunters don’t normally hunt down there.” She said pointing to the river that had seemed so harsh. “They aren’t stupid.” She pushed her clothing around on her body or more like dried her hands on her dirty clothing and headed for the exit.

“The vines should be strong enough to hold your body mass.” She stated as she walked over to a set of vines that connected trees and buildings together. “Come on.” She jumped out into the open air almost like she was falling to the earth but grabbed hold of a vine and swung “Hurry up or you’ll loss me!” she chuckled swinging around like a monkey.

He smirked and followed her after scooping up her bedroll.

He grabbed a rather long vine bouncing down toward the earth watching her and the area all around them carefully. He didn't see anyone but he had a feeling that this was a bad idea but they had little choice. They had eaten the last of his provisions and he would have to gather or buy more.

He stayed within sight of her but he let her do as she liked, while he instead just kept bouncing along down the building.

"Where exactly are we going?!"

Marie was sure Wallace could keep up with her he was a big boy after all and if she needed to she could slow down a bit. Her body slide down the vine slightly as she swung grabbing onto another vine like any monkey in the jungle would and could do. “It’s not to far from here.” She yelled up to him as she dropped down onto a branch and started running her slim young body was quick.

She jumped off the branch and into the air it was like she was a flying squirrel. She grabbed onto a vine as she swung through the air looking back at Wallace with a wide triumphant look on her face when a loud boom echoed within the air and the vine in Marie’s hands snapped and she went plummeting to the earth below.

“Wallace!” she screamed as her body free fall to the harsh earth bellow her. Something was wrong Marie wasn’t heavy enough to cause the vine to break and there was a loud booming/cracking sound just seconds before the vine broke.

Wallace had long training with guns. He saw the flare despite the daylight and he knew a sure way to rescue Marie. He let go of his own vine and leapt free. His heavier body and experience gave him the advantage and within seconds he grabbed her out of the air then spun them about just as they landed on a tangled mat of vines. He grabbed one and yanked them into the building, barely missing several rather sharp pieces of shrapnel, then pushed her down.

"Friends of yours?" Several shots followed his question and he grinned. "Ooh they wanna play."

Marie was plummeting to the earth below her she knew that there were a tangled mess of vines under her that was like a canopy so it wasn’t like she’d die if she continued to free fall but the fact that she was falling for no reason scared her. She felt Wallace wrap his arms around her pulling her into him as they hit the canopy of vines that keep them from falling to the earth below.

Wallace hand reached down grabbing a vine from within the tangled mess of vines and held onto her as they flew into a building nearby. Marie flinched when she heard the sharp sounds of a discharged weapons that were most likely aimed at them. Wallace pushed her down when they entered the building as she looked up at him.

“Friends? They’re trying to kill us so I think they’re after you… unless they are tranquilizers they’re here for you!” she snapped at him pushing him back a little “Wounds from gun shots here are dangerous so they wouldn’t hurt me. Tranquilize me yes wound me no.” she pushed herself away and looked out the window as another gunshot echoed and she ducked. “They tried killing me!” she snapped and looked at Wallace.

Marie was sure they weren’t after her after all she didn’t look like herself her pale skin covered in dried mud and her golden hair was dark brown from dirt and mud and slicked back. “If we need too we can go through the sewers.” She looked up “But if we do we need to make sure to be careful the lizards mating season is going on right now.” She whispered.

He smiled. "They shot at you dear. Never once at me alone."

"Sewers? Fuck that." He pointed around."they cant climb up behind us. They arent coming the stairs. So they will have to climb the long route over everything to this floor. By then you and i shall be much elsewhere."

Before she could argue he took her arm and dragged her off into and alcove and pulled her over his shoulder. "Hold on." He began to lower them down an old elevator shaft while her pursuers tried to reach their supposed location.

Back
Top Bottom