Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blue Moon will use over 100 gb/month this month O_o

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
Was never keeping that much track of it.

Elliquiy uses about 9GB/day, for the record.

Trygon said:
...wat. Why? SMF vs. phpBB, or...?

Elliquiy's always been bigger than Blue Moon. If you don't start up a linkbuilding strategy it always will be.

Most of the traffic, on all of the sites with it, comes from the shoutbox. It's fairly intensive.

Hopefully you can just delete the old information on the chatbox so it doesn't compile too much. ._.

MrPenguin said:
Hopefully you can just delete the old information on the chatbox so it doesn't compile too much. ._.

That has next to nothing to do with bandwidth usage.

Raziel99 said:
MrPenguin said:
Ah then I misread what you said then. >.< My bad.
Bandwidth, not data. Though i'm sure we aren't anywhere near maxing this server.

I'm using cPanel. I currently get 750 gb/month total, of which I've allotted 250 gb/month to Blue Moon, 100 gb/month to Lunar Radiance, and 50 gb/month to PrP, etc.

Past 250 gb/month, would probably need to move to a dedicated server anyway.

Vekseid said:
Raziel99 said:
MrPenguin said:
Ah then I misread what you said then. >.< My bad.
Bandwidth, not data. Though i'm sure we aren't anywhere near maxing this server.

I'm using cPanel. I currently get 750 gb/month total, of which I've allotted 250 gb/month to Blue Moon, 100 gb/month to Lunar Radiance, and 50 gb/month to PrP, etc.

Past 250 gb/month, would probably need to move to a dedicated server anyway.
250 gb/month with at least 50% of it pure text is a hell of a lot.

Raziel99 said:
250 gb/month with at least 50% of it pure text is a hell of a lot.

Most of it is header data. Http wasn't really designed for chat applications, much less Apache, much less php, much less phpBB.

Can fix the last three by writing a python, C++ or Java CMS, but that takes time.

Back
Top Bottom