Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The viking and the princess (Saber and Miserychord)

Any that looked at her with scorn would be met with a reprimanding look by Magnus, given what she had gone through and that she had aided him still. Slowly they would make their way to her home, and as more soldiers rushed to meet her her father waded through them, older looking with gray hairs and a slightly more round build he still looked the part of an old soldier. “Ariel, you’re back. Are you well? Have you been harmed heavily?” He would offer to help her down, Magnus staying on the horse – this was her bit now.

Ariel chose to stay seated on the horse. "I am well father, thanks to Magnus but I must see him to the healer. He was wounded protecting me and I must see to his well being before my own as I now owe him my life." She looked back at said man, an odd sort of light in her eyes.

“Magnus was the one who vowed to find you. If he’s been hurt...” he looked to the man riding the horse. “See to it that he is healed. But first, come. You mut at least get dressed properly, that won’t take long.” he would say with a nod.

“Go, i’ll be here.” Magnus replied with a smile, thankful that Ariel would at least keep true to her word.

Ariel balked for a moment before climbing off the horse with her fathers help. She hurried inside and would soon return, dressed in leather breeches and a linen shirt. She took the horses reins and led the beast to the healing house for Magnus to be taken care of.

With er now dressed, they were off to the medics home, a larger building that doubled as the village apothecary. “Arie-” Magnus soon got off the horse, approaching the elder healer. “My arms hurt, I need something to clean it and treat it. Ariel is unharmed.” Well, for the most part – Though if Ariel did need aid here he would make sure she’d get it. The healer nodded, taking the both of them inside as she soon helped to properly medicate Magnus.

Ariel watched as the older woman cleaned and tended Magnus' s arm. She held his hand tightly as the healer stitched the wound closed though she knew he didnt need for her to baby him like so. It was more for her comfort as she watched the needle tug at his skin, face pale and ashen.

The pain did make him grip her hand firmly, and while it did hurt it was something he could close his eyes and bear through with her at his side. The healer would look to the princess, her wizened features a bit stressed. “He is hurt, but he will heal over a day or two – the poultice will seal the wound completely with the threads help.”

Ariel nodded as the elder spoke. "I will be sure that he takes care of it." She wiped the sweat from his brow that had accumulated there from the pain. The older woman looked at her. "Are you hurt too dear?" Ariel frowned. "Only in the mind. My body has no injuries save for bruises. It is my mind and soul that hurts from my treatment."

“Good, i’d hate to lose a warrior of his skill. He could be quite the man if he recovers well enough. I assume he found you?” she asked, soon washing her hands and offering Ariel a drink as she gave her a glass of water. “If you aren’t injured, you can stay here till he recovers at least, I don’t think I could turn you away regardless.”

She took the water gratefully, sipping at it. "He came looking for me. My kidnappers....well...they were trying to.." she was unable to continue, choking up. "He killed them and saved me. I owe him my life." She whispered hoarsely, setting down the water and returning to Magnus.

“It’s good he found you before anything serious came of it.” She placed a hand on Ariel’s shoulder. “He’ll probably be out of it for an hour or two, perhaps a bit logner. He could use a good rest. For now, perhaps you can deal with your father while he rests? He promised riches to anyone who could find you and bring you back.”

Ariel looked to the prone form laying on the cot. She nibbled at her bottom lip for a moment before nodding. "Alright. If I am not back when he wakes tell him where I have gone." She moved over to the cot and brushed back an unruly strand of blonde hair before leaning down to quickly kiss the warrior's temple before the healer could see. Straightening, she hurried out of the house and towards the castle to speak with her father.

Giving a nod, she would continue her medication and healing of the man who had rescued her. His forehead was still warm as she kissed it and left to meet her father. The Jarl’s home was one she’d know well, another set of walls around it and a pair of guards ushering her in as she arrived. Her fathers home was warm and well lit, the open meeting room acting as a throne room for the so called ‘king’. “Ariel.” Her father looked to her with concern, his normally steely and hardened face softening. “You are alright, and unharmed. I’m glad we were able to find you. I know not how they snuck in and took you, but we’ll make them and their lands pay no one hurts my family and especially my daughter.” As he rose somewhat in his seat, his eyes hardened once again as he began to spoke. “I’ve heard it was Magnus who saved you. He is a reckless warrior, he rushed off alone against my warnings when he heard you had been taken. However, that recklessness led to your rescue... How do you think I should reward him? A hero deserves a reward, even if said heroism is brash and against my warnings.” Afterall, it reminded him of his youth raiding and plundering the enemy...

Ariel entered her father's throne room, looking up at him as he spoke. "I am unharmed Father. Had it not been for Magnus moving so quickly to save my life, I may not have lived through my captors....intentions." She walked over to a nearby window and looked out. "I owe Magnus my life...I don't even know how to repay him for saving my life. But he deserves the best, afterall he was injured in battle thanks to me."

"I see, Magnus is a good man and a skilled warrior. I will think of what he can be given. For now, there is a bath warming and I believe you should get new clothes. Get some rest, child. You deserve it after all that has happened.

"He is a great man father. And if it is okay with you, I would like to return to the healing house to watch over Magnus' s care." She curtsied to him, hoping that he would let her.

"That will be fine, but I still suggest you dress and at least clean. You are my Daugher and you should present yourself with respect and pride." Her father spoke with a firm tone, but it was merely the tone of a man concerned for his child.

She sighed. "Papa you know I hate those stuffy dresses." Her mouth was set in a thin line before she nodded and headed upstairs. Her handmaid was waiting with a warm bath which she was ushered into and scrubbed until her skin was red. She got out and dried before being put into a soft gold dress that accented her figure. Her shoes were put on and tied but before the girl could hold her down to fix her hair up into some ridiculous updo, she darted out the door and hurried back to the healers.

By the time she arrived back, Magnus was awake and resting in his bed though sitting up. His wounds were bandaged and freshly cleaned, no blood staining them and while he looked a bit tired he ate fresh fruit and drank some water as he looked to Ariel, giving a smile. "Lady Ariel, good to see you." He spoke, his chest bared, breathing in and out faintly. "I was told you want to go see your father, I suppose he's not quite the happiest with me, is he?"

She gave him a smile as she entered. "It's good to see you awake." Her hair fell in silky curls down her back, highlighted by the gold gown. "And yes I went to see my father. He is unhappy that you did not listen to him but I think he can forgive you since you saved my life...and my purity." She blushed lightly but smiled.

"Heh, well your father is a wise man, I'm not. I did rush off ahead, I knew if someone took you it would be a small group and organizing would take too long. But i'm glad you're safe and in good health." As she blushed, he grinned. "Why did you come to visit, though? I was only doing the task I should have done, your safety is my priority when I am not raiding or hunting."

She sat down beside the bed, straightening his covers. "Well...I owe you my life Magnus. I want to be sure you are well." She brushed over his bandage lightly. "This happened because you came to my aide. You could have heeded my father's words and waited and I may not have lived through it. But because you chose to ignore his words....you brought me home safe."

He'd sit a bit clsoer to her, giving a shake of his head. "I'm well, I do appreciate the concern very much." his body was warm under the wrapping as he smiled. "It's fine, i'm a warrior. I'll get worse as I fight, but it did hurt a little bit..." Chuckling as she seemed worried, he gave a small flex before he rose a bit unsteadily, eyes looking at her as he smirked. "Some defiance never hurts. However we do have to worry about others coming after you, or retribution against the village now."

A frown crossed her lips. "Yes...I had thought of that. It scares me to think that they will probably come back. Or that they will hurt others because of me." She whispered, looking down at her hands as he sat up.

"Perhaps you should have a more dedicated guard, or perhaps we can convince your father to take the attack to them?" he seemed lost in thought, clearly trying to think. "And maybe I can offer to help you train on how to defend yourself, so that way you'll never be in danger like that again. But, I do not know how he would take to his daughter raising a blade in her hand." Magnus seemed to still be thinking. "What will you do for the rest of today?

Back
Top Bottom