Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Someone please give the guardian a heart! (Charliesweb7 & UnluckyGambit)

charliesweb7

Supernova
"Thank you again for such a wonderful dinner. It was truly spectacular. Please give my sincere compliments to the chef." The young woman replied to the royalty. The royal family consisted of a long lineage, tracing back centuries. This current ruler had a fair amount of children to succeed him. Since the young princess had traveled there and the peace talks went well, they even suggested a marriage between her and the eldest son. Of course, she politely declined. Genevieve was not exactly ready to get married yet. Even if she was in her prime for marriage and children. She wanted to find a man who she loved. Not one she married just for social status, power, rank and money. And so far, she had not found a man who fit that bill. Her father would tell her that she must marry another price. That is how it was done. Rich and royalty married each other...and well you get the point. With another smile, she wiped her mouth, folding the ivory linen napkin on the table before standing up. "We shall be leaving around breakfast time." She mentioned, giving a look to the man who had been sitting next to her. With a few more pleasantries, handshakes, kisses and smiles... they were heading back to their respective rooms. Genevieve waited until they were a safe distance away before speaking.

"I am very glad this went well Lucian. I was afraid that these peace talks might not be received well. Each Kingdom is so different from time to time." She replied in a hushes tone, looking slightly up to the taller man. Genevieve made sure to keep her voice down. Not that she was bad mouthing the kingdom. She just didn't want them knowing that she had her doubts. Confidence was surely a key part in negotiations. However, this was a simple misunderstanding and just in need to resetting the boundaries of the two Kingdoms. That was all. Thankfully it was not a big problem as she had previous thought. The walk to their chambers was not too far but still long enough. Genevieve made sure to pick up the hem of the elegant velvet dress. Honestly, she preferred being in a pair of shorts. While she did like the flow of a dress, shorts enabled her to move freely.

Genevieve Abigail Rose Stone was not exactly the normal princess type. She wasn't tiny and wore big dresses. That seemed to be a common thing with a lot of the royal woman. Women who were just around five foot and tiny. Very petite and always liked to wear massive dresses. Genevieve was on the other spectrum. She was around five foot eight or so, give or take a little bit. She wasn't overly curvy or womanly. She had a slight curve to her body but clearly not an hourglass. Instead her long legs seemed to be a focal point of her frame. And her larger than normal breasts seemed to compliment her rather well. Her natural red hair was straight as a board, easy to manage though. That was the good thing about it at least. She had rich hazel eyes that could seem to change depending on the light. She clearly wasn't the most beautiful woman to ever walk the face of the Earth but she considered herself beautiful nonetheless.

At their chambers, she stopped and looked to Lucian with a smile. "Well, time to call it a night. We need our sleep for our trip tomorrow." She told him, leaning in and giving him a hug. She was rather friendly with him. He was like a good friend to her really. "Good night Lucian and sleep well." She replied before slipping inside of her chambers. She let out a sigh before she went off to get ready for bed. A nice bath, packing up her things and such. It was nearing ten thirty when she was able to climb into bed.

~~~

As the sunlight filtered through the curtains, the birds outside chirped loudly. Genevieve rolled over in bed, letting out a small groan. She was never exactly a morning person. But she woke herself up, getting up and dressed for the day ahead. She made her way to breakfast where Lucian and her shared a nice breakfast before their trip. It would take many days since they were taking the scenic route. Genevieve wanted to be in the outdoor a lot longer. She enjoyed spending time in nature. After a lovely breakfast, she said goodbye to the royal family and headed out tot he stables to get their horses. Genevieve's horse was a rather large Clydesdale with a rich mahogany coat and a black mane and tail. "Hey there Orion..." She whispered, lightly petting his snout. She looked over to Lucian, waiting for him to grab his horse before Genevieve easily mounted her horse. "Thank you again for your generous hospitality." She replied to the King and Queen, smiling and bowing once again as she settled Orion down. "It was lovely to be in your beautiful Kingdom again. I extend an invitation if you would like to come visit mine." She replied. She looked over to Lucian to see if he was ready. Once he was, they were off and slowly making their way out of the grounds of the castle.

Princess Genevieve's sole bodyguard had remained quite at the dinner, silently observing his surroundings. Besides exchanging pleasantries, and speaking when spoken to he would remain silent. He was tasked with her protection, and it was his duty as a Templar of the Angelic Guardian order to ensure that she survived whatever was thrown at her. Even if it cost him his life, an oath that may have been sworn by the her father's entire army, but his oath was a little different. As a Templar of his order, he was set out to protect the innocent, weak, and defenseless against whatever assaulted them. They would succeed or die trying, the order trained their warriors to be stubborn beyond belief. Victory or death, there was no other alternative. Genevieve 's father and Lucian Calden himself had to gain special permission in order to allow Lucian on this mission, only under special circumstances can a Templar of the Angelic Guardian be assigned to one person. Fortunately, those special circumstances were met thus allowing him to act as her personal defender. When Genevieve mentioned their departure time at the dinner he would simply nod in agreement. Nothing else was needed, it was best to allow Lady Genevieve to do the talking, she had a talent for such things. Soon after dinner was concluded and he gave a proper bow to their hosts, before following Genevieve to their rooms.

When she spoke his head turned toward hers, his serious attitude would fade slightly before he spoke, "I had complete confidence in you, Lady Genevieve. You represent your people well, and you are skilled in the art of diplomacy. It never crossed my mind someone as skilled as you would fail." He would reply matching her hushed tone, clearly she did not want her lack of confidence to be overheard. Lucian knew full well what the dispute was about, and he also trusted that Genevieve would be able to handle it with ease. No doubt her father would want the details of how she handled herself in such negotiations, and Lucian would give an honest and factual report, as he was expected to. He watched her pick up her dress this way it did not get dirty from the floor. He too was dressed in finer clothes, a black suit with a white shield with white angel wings spreading from the corners of it. On the center of the shield was a golden cross. It was the symbol of the order he was a part of and served as an identifying sign for others to recognize him by.

Lucian glanced toward the woman who was only slightly shorter than him. She was not frail by any means, she had a lot of strength. She had to in order to embark on a dangerous journey to another kingdom, and then negotiate with them. However, physically he appeared to be stronger, and his six foot height aided him in this appearance. He was muscular, but not to the point where he was a brute. However, he had a natural confident posture where he puffed out his chest only slightly. A technique he had learned to make one appear more intimidating and therefore avoid unnecessary fights. His light brown hair was kept short so it wouldn't get in his eyes when he aimed, but reached to the top of his neck, but no farther. His light blue eyes would always seem to twinkle when in natural sunlight, contrasting his serious demeanor and air that always surrounded him.

When they arrived at their rooms, she would tell them that they would need their sleep before hugging him. He returned giving her a light embrace in return, just return to the gesture. If it was any normal man their heart would be a flutter to be hugged by such a beautiful young woman in the prime of her life. Their heart would hammer against their ribcage, and perhaps they would blush a shade that would match her wonderful hair.

Yet his heart did none of these things, as he did not have one.

As per tradition in order to be fully inducted into the order it would have to be removed, and he would be kept alive through magical enchantments. The point was to ensure that no one person could hold a priority above the rest of those in need, thus the heart had to come out, but it was preserved by magical means as well. "Good night to you too, Lady Genevieve, I hope sleep finds you swiftly. He too would return to his room check on his revolver, along with his other equipment, before setting out a fresh set of clothes for the morning, and then he took a bath. Afterwards, he dressed himself in the fresh set of clothes, and would patrol around Genevieve's room. Letting any potential threat know that he was awake, and that no harm would come to her this night. After ten minutes of patrolling he would return to his room and rest for an hour before waking and doing the same once more. He did this till very early in the morning and only after he made sure that no one was around. Then he would finally retire.

~~~

Lucian woke to sunlight and birds chirping and singing their song. He was up in moments, and was dressed for the rest of the day. He checked his revolver once more before joining Genevieve for breakfast. They were taking the scenic route at her request, which concerned Lucian slightly for two different reasons. The first was because they would travel through his hometown, and the second was because Genevieve might be in more danger as the scenic route was less patrolled. There were more bandits and wild creatures that stalked the grounds around the road. After departing from the presence from the royal family, they would make their way to the stables, where he went to a pitch black stallion. He gently touched its snout, "We must ride again Sentinel. I hope you're ready for a longer journey." The horse raised then lowered its head, as if nodding yes to its rider. Lucian mounted the horse, and bowed to the royal family, "Yes, thank you for everything you have done for us in your hospitality." Then they were leaving the castle grounds, after a few brief moments Lucian would look over to Genevieve. The sun's light struck his eyes just right, and there appeared to be the slightest twinkle in his eye as he asked her a simple question.

"Is there any place in particular you wish to see? I know this route well, and I would be able to guide you to wherever you desire." He would say confidently, though his matter of fact attitude had faded a bit, Genevieve was the only person who managed to have such an effect on him.

Genevieve glanced over to Lucian, smiling gently. Honestly, she had to admit he was good looking. Is was something she didn't deny. But there was a few things she knew. One, her father would never allow it. Two, Lucian would never love her... and he couldn't love her. And three, it was not more than attraction. She did like Lucian as a person. They got along rather well as they seemed to have similar personality traits. "You know, I have said it many times but your eyes are rather beautiful. Especially when the light catches them. They seem to sparkle. Unless you are plotting my downfall dear Lucian?" She teased him, a smirk tugging at the corners of her pink lips. She liked to joke around in their company, make things light since their jobs were so serious. "No where exactly in particular. I just wanted to travel along the countryside and take a more leisure way home. After all, I never actually seem to get time and stop to smell the roses. Why? Is there some place along the way that you would like to visit?" She asked, leaning forward and resting onto her horse to duck under a branch. "Is there some place in particular I should know about? I have only traveled this route once when I was a little girl. Unfortunately, I don't remember much bout it." She explained, leaning back up.

Lucian laughed at her teasing, "If I were planning your downfall, that would make me a terrible bodyguard. However, I must thank you for your compliment Lady Genevieve." Her teasing was appreciated, as their jobs were quite serious and Lucian had been told by multiple people he desperately needed to lighten up. However, his job was very serious, after all he was supposed to be ready to sacrifice himself for those he was going to protect. It was easier to do so around Genevieve however, perhaps unlike most of the people under his protection he had developed a friendship with her. Just because he lacked a heart to love, didn't mean he could not form bonds at all. The only issue with the missing heart was that he could not form deeper bonds of love with an individual. A characteristics that had turned many woman away when they discovered their love was unrequited.

Lucian thought of places that they could visit so that the princess would be entertained on their trip. If her desire was to take her time and see the countryside, then he had better make it count. After all there was no telling she would be back out here again. Granted, the bodyguard did have some concern for the lack of security that the scenic route offered. Bandits weren't common, but they were not unheard of in areas close to forests. Creatures or beasts were also a concern, some would attack humans who dared to invade their territory. Those concerns aside, a place that struck him was his hometown, however that was not a place that he wished to visit for reasons that he would keep to himself. A few other places would come to mind only a few before his hometown, though there were quite a few stops after his hometown. Hopefully, she wouldn't mind the fact that this journey wasn't particularly planned out. He would ride around the branch before responding to her.

"There are a few places we can stop. One place is a natural grove of plants in a nearby forest, supposedly the plant life there is supposed to be beautiful to the eye. However, I have heard rumors of a small group of bandits roaming the area. Ruins are just a bit further from the forest, I recall that there was beautiful architecture, and ancient art that was well worth seeing. About a day travel beyond the ruins is the village I was born in, we can rest there and gather additional supplies for the rest of our journey. We can also stay at a local inn, while we hike up a mountain for a view of the kingdom. Supposedly there are springs in the mountain that grant eternal youth, however such ideas are simple fairy tales, though the springs are supposed to be quite refreshing." Those would be the spots that Lucian would recommend, though he was hesitant in recommending the forest and his hometown. The forest for security reasons, and his hometown for personal reasons. At least he had warned her about the dangers of the forest, his village on the other hand was not dangerous to her, but it was a rather painful experience to him. After a moment he would add, "Though it all comes down to what you wish to visit Lady Genevieve. I will guide you to wherever your heart desires, and protect you with my life if necessary."

"You would be surprised at how many people claim to be great bodyguards. But when the moment strikes and they have to step up to the plate, they fail to step up to the challenge. I haven't had that issue but I have heard of it." She told him. Genevieve was glad that Lucian was not one of those men. He was rather loyal to protecting her as any guardian would. "Compliments always make people feel better. Of course, I bet you get that compliment all the time." She replied. She didn't know that he wasn't capable of loving. She just figured his job meant more than a family to settle down with. There was many men like that. Many bodyguards. For her though, she was supposed to settle down and produce heirs to a throne. Then again, her eldest brother would be taking over to Kingdom. That took a lot of pressure off of her but she was still liable for public relations as all of the children were.

"All of that sounds amazing. Either or really. But if you are afraid of some bandits...then we don't have to go there." She explained, adjusting on her seat a bit. "I figured the two of us could use a few days off. Like a vacation of sorts." She added. "Just a nice long scenic route is all." She finished. Genevieve glanced over to him, then looking ahead. "I believe it is a decision for both of us. As for the springs that grant eternal youth...that sounds rather silly and preposterous." She commented. Genevieve then gave another glance to him. "Have you ever considered that living forever could turn out to be a rather bad thing?" She asked him. Watching all of your loved ones die sounded terrible. If everyone was immortal then there would be no issue but since only a select handful were.... "That is one thing we have never talked about. You becoming a guardian." She spoke. Genevieve was known for her mind wandering. Usually she didn't exactly speak her mind like she was going now. But in the company of a friend, she felt free to do so.

Lucian had heard of the men that princess Genevieve spoke of, and shook his head. He did not have a very good opinion of such men, they were cowards who could not understand the duty they accepted. They valued themselves over their duty of protecting those who needed their help or in the case of normal bodyguards who they were charged to protect. The only thing worse than those cowards were traitors who betrayed those who they were supposed to protect. He would hunt those traitors to the ends of the world if he had to, just to make sure they paid the price for their crimes. His grip tightened on his reins a bit, causing his mount some discomfort, in response to his thoughts. While he did not voice it, his body language would give away what he was feeling at that specific moment.

When Genevieve mentioned the compliment he loosened his grip, which his horse appreciated, and he lightened up a bit. "I've been told that a few times. It seems my eyes are very noticeable in the right light." He would reply to her looking ahead on the paved road. Fortunately the road was kept in good shape as it was a trading road for the most part, but that would soon change since they were going down the more scenic road. The road would soon be a dirt country road, fortunately their horses had good shoes so they didn't have to worry about their steeds getting injured. Naturally the journey would be much longer on foot then it would be with a steed. "It is not the bandits, I fear, my duty is to keep you as safe as possible. I know I can defend you from those bandits, but it would still put you in harms way. If your wish is for it to be like a vacation then I propose that we visit the ruins before we arrive at my hometown. Then we can visit the peak of the mountain and the springs. I would be able to "lighten up" more if we were to follow that plan." He would say. While he would say his duty would never end till she was safe and sound, however he also knew that wasn't the response she was looking for, so he decided to keep that part quite.

"Yes well that is all the spring of youth is...a fairy tale." He would reply, however her tone became far more serious, talking about how horrible it would be to be immortal. She didn't even know the half of it, his parents had died after he became a Templar, he was allowed to attend their funeral, but he had to keep his identity secret. That was particularly painful time in his life, but this was the life he chose. A life dedicated to protecting others, he had not time to dwell on pain and suffering that was his personal life. He had to ensure others did not go through the pain he was suffering by protecting their loved ones. "I suppose it could be a bad thing, strange how some desire it, and only when they achieve it do they realize their folly." Then she wanted to talk about he became a guardian, which was a rather odd question. Then again he had never been on many missions where his services were dedicated to one person. He should have expected such a question, but he did not see any harm in answering it. After all he had been friends with Genevieve for a long time, "You are correct, we have not discussed that. Kinda odd considering how long we have known each other, but what is it you wish to know?"

She didn't notice that he had gripped the reigns harder. But she did notice that his steed did seem to get a little worked up more. "It is because they are so light compared to most eye colors." She stated. Light blue wasn't exactly the most common. A lot of people had blue eyes but not that bright of blue eyes. Blue eyes in general were beautiful. She listened to his suggestion of a game plan for them. It sounded rather good to her. "Then that is the plan." Genevieve told him. "To see your hometown and then the springs. When in your hometown I will send off a note to my family to make sure that they will know our arrival back in the city." She explained. Her green eyes looked over the landscape, her eyes lingering on the budding trees. It was a nice spring day. The sun was warm but not too hot and a gentle breeze swept across their skin every once in a while to cool them down.

"Everyone always wants more of everything. And then when they get it, they still want more and they are unhappy." She spoke. There was some royalty who never seemed to be pleased. It was really sad. Genevieve had all she could possibly wish and ask for. Clothes, jewels, food, wines and the likes. Perhaps a nice man would be a good addition but she really didn't need that exactly. She pressed her lips together at the mention of what she wanted to know. "I really only know that a guardian is supposed to protect me. That is about it. But what about you? Were you ever a mortal?" She asked. Honestly, she could ask him a million different questions about this.

Lucian nodded at her explanation for his eyes and why he always received comments on it. It made sense he did not see many people with light blue eyes like he had, the darker blue appeared to be the more natural color. Exotic colors catch more attention or so he assumed. When she agreed to his plan, he would nod once more, so the ruins before his hometown were going to be their first stop. After touring those ruins they would then move on to his hometown to get more supplies, plan for anymore stops, and then visit the local springs. Granted, he would have to lay low in terms of his identity, he would have to inform Genevieve of this as well. Surely, she would understand his reasoning once he explained it, but that would be for another time.

"Human greed is a sad thing, Lady Genevieve, it corrupts many individuals of both high and low birth. Yet that is a trait you do not have, it has not corrupted you like many others, that alone makes you an admirable individual." He would say giving her a smile, she was a role model, whether she knew it or not. Sometimes the younger children would approach him and ask what has "Princess Genevieve done today?" His smile grew a bit bigger at that thought before he drew her attention to about whether or not he was mortal at any point in his life. He looked back toward the road as his eyes got a bit distant as he recalled the memories of his trials in order to become a guardian, as they were often called by others. No doubt she had many questions about what it was like and what his training was like as well. Those were some of the hardest years of his mortal life, he was pushed to his physical and mental limits every single day. Master Thero gave no quarter when it came to training his warriors, mercy was a word they were taught, but not a word that their training knew. "I was mortal at one point, it was about...35 years ago I believe. Then I underwent my ascension to become a guardian, which in turn made me immortal. Granted, this was after intense training for many years." He would explain, that answered her question, but if she had further he would be happy to answer them.

Rarely did she seem to ever get the time off to take a leisure "vacation" of sorts. Most of her time was filled with training. Her training to become a better dignitary. Meeting with people and add tending lavish parties. Socializing and making sure that ties in between other kingdoms were sound. It was typical work for a Princess like her but she still got bored sometimes of it. In the confine of the castle, she sometimes was able to be herself. Which wasn't a far cry from the woman she normally was in public. Just a little more joking and less stiff.

Yes, she knew that she could be a role model. It was why she always liked to conduct herself in such a manner. It didn't mean she never had fun. But she wasn't the type of lady to go out or sneak out. Things among this nature. She made sure that she chose her words carefully and acted in a perfect manner. After all, she was taught to do that. She was a giver, did a lot of community service and seemed to just be a wonderful person. "Why did you decide to become a guardian? That must have been a rather big change." She explained to him. To go from a mortal to then train to be a guardian seemed like a big step. Sure, mortals did something similar to go into the military. But this was still rather different than even that. She could ask him a million questions about this topic as she was naturally curious. "If I do cross a line, do tell me Lucian." Genevieve commented, glancing to him. "I do not wish to make you uncomfortable with these questions." She explained. The point was to get to know him better, not make him uncomfortable.

He should have predicted that it would be the next question, his motive or motives for becoming a guardian. He knew why, but it was not something that he would be able to say. He was sworn to secrecy by the order. Only those wished to who were in love with him would be able to discover such things, and they would have to discover it alone. The painful memories that drove him to become what he is, he was no longer pained by them. A benefit to becoming a guardian, the ascension did more then grant them immortality. Prying his eyes off the road to look at the princess he would answer her question, "I am bound by an oath not to diverge that information. Regardless of who asks, orders, or how they threaten me. If they threaten me with death, I must take that over revealing this information." A grim oath to be sure, but Lucian was fairly certain he would keep it till death claimed him at last.

Not taking his eyes of the princess he would add, "Do not be afraid to ask more questions, just understand that there are some questions that I cannot answer due to the oaths I have taken." He would say the road would fork up ahead, the main trade road was separating from the more rural route that they would be taking. Their vacation would begin here soon, within the next hour the trade road would be long behind them, and the forest would be the next notable land mark to greet them. Granted that was much further ahead of them, they still had a ways to go.

Genevieve looked to him as he said he was unable to give that type of information. "You are unable to tell me why you became a guardian?" She asked him. "I can understand not being able to ask about the process but not able to tell why you wanted to either?" She asked him. That seemed strange to her but you know, she didn't know everything. Lucian still encouraged her to ask questions, even if he didn't answer all of them. "I understand. It is like I cannot tell you the exact negotiations that take place in my meetings." She explained to him. She reached up to her Orion, lightly meeting his mane and letting him know that she cared for him. It was just something she did to make sure that he was happy and taken care of.

"Then what can I ask you?" Genevieve replied, glancing to him. What else was off limits? What else could she ask? Perhaps something about his hometown. Actually, why he stuck around so much for her. She couldn't be the only person he was a guardian to. So why did he stick around her so much? Hum. That was a question but perhaps that was none of her business to know. She decided not to ask him that question for the moment being.

"Exactly like your negotiations, Lady Genevieve, there are some things I cannot share regardless of the person's heritage or nobility." Lucian would respond to her giving her a nod in affirmation, "It may sound strange, but it is the way it must be." His horse gave a slight snort as if it was expecting a better answer, clearly the animal was not thrilled with such an answer, and wanted something juicer. Lucian let out a slight chuckle at this irony, before stroking the back of its head a bit. The horse let out a softer grunt, at least it got something out of all of it. The guardian would turn back toward Genevieve before respond to her other question.

"You may ask me what it is like being a guardian, general information about it, or questions about the journey that lies ahead of us. I can and will divulge such information to, as I am not bound by an oath of secrecy to such information. Furthermore, I doubt that our journey will compromise the secrets of my order." He would say. It was true too, he was trained well and knew what to avoid talking about. Nothing on their journey involved the order, he was pretty sure his hometown didn't have a guardian assigned to it either. Then again it was a quite town so there wasn't a need for one to be assigned, though he did worry about his old friends' safety. Perhaps that was something he should talk to the grandmaster about.

"And I don't expect you to tell me either." She informed him. Genevieve wanted to let him know that she wasn't going to go prying where she didn't need to. Just like she didn't want him prying into matters she wouldn't answer. She was not going to tell him negotiations and such. She looked to his horse, chuckling slightly. "Looks like he was looking for a good gossip story as well." She joked, smiling to Lucian. At this point in time, they had been riding for a couple of hours. "Come on." She replied, veering her horse off of the path and down the hill a bit to the stream below. She figured a short little break would do the horses some good.

"So I assume you don't get to pick who to protect. But are you glad that you got to protect me? Even if I was a big pain in your butt when I was younger?" She teased him, smirking before then stopping. She dismounted her horse easily, leading him to water. And this time he did drink. Huh, so you could lead a horse to water and make him drink. "I know you cannot tell me names of others but do you have to protect a lot? You seem to spend a lot of time with me." She told him. Could he tell her that? Or was that off limits as well?

Lucian would simply nod as a response to her understanding, that was a relief for him it meant that he would not have to answer that many questions. Though there was the issue about how he would handle bringing her through his hometown would affect his duty as a guardian, oh well there was enough time to deal with that. He hoped that she would be willing to cooperate under the premise of "order businesses." He doubted she would be easily fooled, however it might be better this way for him to say the very least. "Yes, well he won't be getting any right now, so he will just have to deal with it." He would reply as he watched her turn off toward the stream below, a break would be good for the horses they had a long journey ahead of them. He dismounted as she asked him the questions and led the horse to the water before he answered her.

"Most of the time we don't. We protect those who are in need that we come across, and we assist them regardless if we may die or not. That is the duty we maintain. Were you a pain when you were younger?" Lucian took a moment to think about that, and a smile crossed his face as he looked to the river. The glistening clean water was unlike anything you would find in the city. "I do recall a few times when your adventurous behavior concerned your parents. I had to look up and down the castle just to find you, you were quite clever when it came to hiding. I have to protect as many people as I can, if they are in need of assistance I must provide it. You are my main charge, your father secured an agreement with the grandmaster of my order, therefore I should ensure your safety above others. Why the grandmaster agreed to this when it violates some of the core principals of the order is beyond me." The guardian would shrug at that, clearly not knowing what it meant. "Though part of me is glad he did, I would have not made such a wonderful friend, otherwise."

"You know our dear horses are companions. Therefore, they do enjoy good gossip. I am pretty sure it gets boring in the stalls. All the gossip would be "Did you hear they changed the hay?" Or perhaps "Did you hear about that cute new stallion." Something like that." She replied. At the mention of station, Orion snorted. "Yes of course, you are a beautiful stallion as well." She added, petting his snout lovingly. It was amazing how they could pick up on words. Sometimes, she swore it was like they could understand humans. Letting Orion drink from the steam, she bent down as well and filled up a small canteen full of the fresh water. Sometimes they were really lucky to have such a crisp and clear stream like this. Other times, the journeys were not as close to water. Genevieve looked around, spotting the bird that was chirping on a small branch of a giant oak tree.

"Was I a pain?" She asked, smirking at him. "Why don't you ask my parents and nannies? They were the ones usually chasing me all over the castle." She explained. Genevieve chuckled softly at his mention of chasing her around as well. "Yes, and you still didn't find me a couple times as well. Maybe we should play this game again when we get back. I hide, you seek me." She suggested. It was nice to hear that she was his main charge. He seemed to take care of her the most. A smile slipped across her face when he mentioned them being friends. "I am glad as well Lucian. Life as a royal can be rather lonely. I know we shouldn't be as close as we are but I do cherish it." She explained. She didn't really have a lot of other friends as other kingdoms were far away. Also, it is not like there was a lot of "play dates" set up. Besides her brothers, she would sometimes get to play with one of the noblemen's daughters. That was a rare treat though. So for Lucian to stick around really meant a lot to her. She really couldn't imagine life without him.

Back
Top Bottom