Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Little Did They Had {Revenge x viktri_neɪʃən]

RE: Little Did They Had {Revenge - Viktri_neɪʃən}

Angelo did not back down from his Uncle's hard gaze, expressing in his eyes that he does what he has to and there will be consequences, though it is his job as a father and boyfriend to take responsibility for all, like he had told Kelly earlier. His Uncle Rick used to be just like Angelo, hung with the wrong crowd and became involved in a lot of messed up shit so it pained him to see his nephew struggling the way he once had. Angelo grabbed a folding chair from the living room and seated himself beside Kelly as she assured Rick herself that everything was fine. He reached out to her plate and stole a little bit of scrambled eggs between his fingers and sucked them into his mouth just as his other sister, Ana, (18, older than Santiago but younger than Angelo and officially the middle child) walked into the room and scolded him, "Boy, you better leave that girl's food alone. She's feeding dos personas, you hear? If you hungry, I'll make you a plate." Angelo rolled his eyes playfully but gave his final sister a kiss on the cheek as she bent down and placed his plate on the table beside Kelly's.

Uncle Rick took a sip of his juice while Kelly spoke, nodding understandingly, "Glad to hear Angelo's true to his word." he flashed Angelo a quick look then back to Kelly, "Need a ride?" he offered then changed it into more of a statement, "I'll drive you two. What time do you need to be there?" Unlike Angelo, Rick did not pursue the subject of Kelly's reason for visiting the woman who disowned her. He preferred to not interfere with the kids' fates with hopes they can learn to make the right choices on their own, just like he did. Angelo had often argued against this saying it was different for Rick who had no one to help him and declared that his actions are more selfish. "The sooner the better because I would love for you two to join us for dinner. I found your Tia's jambalaya recipe." Angelo's mouth would have watered if he wasn't so focused on eating the food that was already in front of him. He loved Tia's traditional foods instead of Rick's experiments.

In the background, the washing machine had started, spinning their clothes so fast the machine rattled against the wall. The sound was easily blocked out by Estefania who close the door to the laundry room and joined everybody in the kitchen, sitting in her usual seat beside Uncle Rick. "Where are they going? I'll drive, Tio, you have work at noon." she offered.

"Rick, lemme help out at the docks later. Please, man, I could use some cash but you know I like to earn my keep." Angelo pleaded with a mouthful of eggs. He wanted to be there and support Kelly when she met with her mother but afterwards, he wanted to do what he came to do; work. He wasn't in the best of shape as they could all see but he won't take no for an answer.

Uncle Rick sighed and shrugged, knowing he couldn't stop the boy with so much spirit. "Fine. But the minute you start to slack off, I'm cutting you loose. Be ready as soon as you arrive and meet me at the office."

After her eyes lowered and glanced down paralyzed by her own plate of food, her eyes didn't miss the surprising scenery of the slipping hands of Angelo's, as he escaped with a piece of her scrambled eggs before retrieving it into to his mouth and vanishing into his stomach. It was a "wonderful" moment to see how her own boyfriend would even dare himself to do it quickly, even when people is watching and wondering about; he thought he was low, but wasn't. Kelly however didn't complain (like most girls would rather done) but rather than ignored the quick reaction. Once again, she simply picked up a bacon strip and broke it half before retrieving the food inside her mouth, chewing respectfully while as around others,. Yet, somewhat surprised to the reaction when Angelo's sister caught him and scolded, though part of it was pretty funny. Kelly shook her head playfully at the thought, "It's alright, Ana, he's usually like this" Her eyes looking a bit sternly at Angelo she looked away then.

When swallowing the food down her throat, her attention drew back to Rick and watched him, as he drank his juice while giving the intention to nod. Kelly couldn't help but smile, remembering the rhetorical question her boyfriend had told his uncle when he asked the concerning about her and her baby's health. For sure, she knew herself and the baby was fine. But, once the subject resumed from recent statement about Kelly meeting her mother today, she nodded her head. "It doesn't really matter - I mean, whenever you're ready you can drop us off. I'm in no rush today, so doesn't matter" Kelly finished answered, picking up her orange juice and pressing it tightly against her lips as she began to drank some out of it, before ever nesting it down on the table. Somehow the bitter flavor running down her mouth to her throat causing the smell of orange to stay in her mouth to send chills, and jumping the tiredness of her body. Kelly felt her eyes lighten up then, sensing most of the heaviness fading, however, her eyes seemed heaved more when she remembered hearing Rick saying he wanted them to stay for dinner; part of her didn't think that was such a good idea...Usually, that's when guns shooting would most likely happened around the time - around their neighborhood. Kelly didn't think it was safe to idea to go along. But, in the meantime, she tried to come up with something. "Dinner sounds nice" She began first, wanting to speak honestly before thinking some more, "...but, that's up to Angelo to decide." Eyes traveling to him she glared at him for a second, before looking away - something had told her Angelo would eventually said yes since after catching the reaction when he looked up. Kelly softly chuckled.

In the meantime, Kelly enjoyed her morning breakfast peacefully and was able to finish it after a few minutes later without any distractions or distributions. She gave her empty plate to Ana and thanked her for the food - also Rick for offering it - and drank out mostly of her juice. She patiently sat her back against the the chair and waited for answer, though as she listened to the background noises of the washing machine as it cleaned their dirty clothes. Her eyes watching the reappearing of Angelo's sister, who took the dirty clothes and helped them on washing them, she watched her as she came about and sat next to Rick, joining the crew then. And it felt weirdly strange for Kelly to experience since most of them sat in silence, looking at her or her swollen stomach. Yet, it soon died out when a voice appeared once again, though she knew it was none of business since she wasn't talking to her. Kelly continued to sit in silence, her baby bump slowly beginning to kick.

Ana raised an eyebrow and shifted her weight to one leg (the only one standing in the kitchen while everyone else was seated), staring hard at the plate she held in her hands while her fork stabbed through her eggs and battled the bacon before she could finally scoop it up to her mouth. "No rush? But like, ain't you and ya mama not talking except for today so it's gotta be important, right?" She added with a mouthful of food, dropped her fork onto her plate so she could politely cover her mouth as she spoke, "I mean not to be in ya business or anything, but I'm just saying." Angelo rolled his eyes at her sister and made sure she saw, earning him a death stare from Ana. She was always 'just saying', she has a big mouth and she's never afraid to use it. She can't hold a secret, she can't tell a lie, and she feels the need to always say what's on her mind no matter what it is. The truth hurts. Angelo's gaze did not seem to affect her in the least bit as she kept talking, "Boy ain't nobody talking to you." more politely, she said to Kelly, "No matter what, we got your back. We're your family too now, ya hear? Never be afraid to come to us for help neither, Ricky just looks scary like that but he's got heart." Ana snapped her fingers in front of Santiago's face of which was buried into his game to let him know they have to be heading to school soon. Santiago sighed and handed her his plate, Ana taking Kelly's as well before dumping it all into the sink.

Angelo hunched over the table as if guarding his food while he scraped up every last bit of egg. He glanced up at Kelly, feeling her stare and registered what she said about dinner and how it was up for him to decide. Her eyes held a warning he could easily detect, but he reassured her by resting his hand on her leg under the table and dismissed her concerns. He never doubted he couldn't protect her, "You know we're staying for dinner!" he exclaimed to his family, "I really miss being 'round so we'll catch up then tonight." All of their faces brightened up happily, glad to know Angelo and Kelly will be fully fed after tonight. It did not cross anyone's mind how dangerous their neighborhood would be afterwards.

Ana and Estefania forward when they noticed the baby kicking around in Kelly's stomach, both exclaimed, "Aaawww!" They made their way to her and placed their hands on the bump to feel, feeling giddy. "Aye, you're just about due, huh? Any names yet?" Ana asked. Angelo smiled at the excitement their baby was causing and leaned his head on Kelly's shoulder.

Kelly thought she was hallucinating at first when she'd remembered seeing tiny pieces of scramble eggs flew out of Ana's mouth and land onto her arm. But when she had realized she wasn't after checking herself just to be sure Kelly relaxed and resumed her attention towards her. However, the fact that made Kelly did not want to listen at all, was the disturbing moment when she had the mouthful eggs as she spoke; most of the sentence was unclear for Kelly to understand because of the mouthful of food Ana had in her mouth. "Yeah, its important, but she's probably still working. I can't just barge in and walk inside the hospital like boss...if you know what I mean. Besides, she doesn't know I'm coming" She said slowly, hoping at least someone understood her point. However, at least she understood someone cared about and her problems, while going through her pregnancy. Kelly then felt a warm smile cross her lips; she rather more thankful to have second chance even though she did messed up on the first one. Right now, she didn't know how to thank them but she was pleased to say it anyway, "Thank Ana and everyone else" She then said softly laughing before lowering to a small chuckle.

Kelly watched her plate as it was taken by Ana. She smiled and thanked her before looking back to Angelo and the rest of the family. After her plate was taken her eyes met with Angelo's when he looked at her, as if his seemed to noticed after he glare back at her, seeing her fears if they were to stay for dinner tonight; although she did want to, but just afraid what happened of the "consequences" ahead. However, once feeling a warm yet reassuring hand on her leg, of course his, Kelly nodded her faintly and looked away then, looking back up to the family who seemed to wait for some sort of answer. Her eyes gleamed, "Well, I guess that's a 'yes' then" She bit her lips after hearing Angelo's announcing exclaim to his family, but tried to pull for a smile afterwards when she noticed the brighten faces were soon looking at her direction; and she knew she couldn't disappoint them, nor Angelo.

Shifting her chair as she somewhat tried to make it close to Angelo, the sudden startle her from both girls 'aww-ing" caused Kelly to jump yet wonder they've must of saw a puppy outside, that was too adorable for their liking to say 'it's so cute'. But instead, when she felt the soft rubs smoothing against her stomach, she peered up and noticed the girls were feeling her bump. She smiled at their smoothing touches and felt her stomach began to kick more, however, the names that was suppose to be been picked, was rare for Kelly's mind and caused her to blank out. "Yeah. Two more months to go until baby is due, but no names yet." She replied. "Plus, I don't know its gender. - Well, I think its a girl, personally; Angelo thinks its a boy and should be named Angelo as well. Eh, not going to happen. Already stressed out with one Angelo, and that's good enough for me to handle."

Angelo threw his hands in the air as his sisters and his own girlfriend, the mother of his child, agreed to disagree with the name he had chosen. "Ain't none of you got good taste! Hell, we could name it Alabama but it'll have my good genes. As long as it's healthy, man." Ana's jaw dropped and her hair whipped around as she snapped to Kelly again, her hand had stopped rubbing and it remained on her bump, "Don't you dare name this poor child Alabama. Bad enough she's got Angelo for a father." She said, revealing her deep thoughts that she too believed it was a girl. Of course she was only playing with him as the younger, annoying sister. But her and her smart mouth always had Angelo thinking, especially when she made some good points; is he going to be a good father? His eyes shown the same concerns as the ones on his mind but he easily blinked them away. Two months is a long time, not too long but long enough to prepare to be the great father he's dreamt of being. Either way that baby is coming whether he's ready or not.

Estefania took her hand away and leaned on the nearest chair for support as she stood straight, "Do you hope to find out the gender when you visit your mom?"All eyes went to Kelly as if they were all thinking the same thing. Angelo took her hand into his and squeezed to bring her distant and thoughtful mind back to the table. "...I wanna be surprised." He admitted truthfully in her ear but with the silence around them, everyone else still heard him. After a long, seemingly awkward silence, Ana rolled her eyes and laughed,
"Yeah RIGHT! Everyone knows you just don't wanna have to face her mama! Ooo boy I never knew you was a chicken!"

"Ana shut up it's stuff you don't know nothing about now mind your own business." Angelo said in defense. "You know damn well I ain't afraid of nothin' and nobody." He spat, feeling the need to clarify that he was not a chicken. He had only met Kelly's mother a few times, no more than five, and since day one they hadn't gotten along. At some point in their relationship, she even forbade Kelly from seeing him which he ignored and often went to see her anyways. He wasn't there when Kelly told her parents she was pregnant, so he could only imagine what they thought of him after the fact.

Not only was it a moment to disagree to but a moment to laugh as well. Watching as Angelo's sisters had agreed to not name the name their baby Angelo Kelly smiled at them, before smirking her lips off to Angelo showing he was the only person left out and had no one to defend him. His reaction about the disagreement between Kelly and the family was a simply throw of the heads feat as she knew he wanted to refute. Additionally, Kelly was also happy to see the sisters had agreed it was a girl. However, when Angelo had suggested a name from their daughter, Kelly suddenly bit her lip. "As a mother, I would probably have to decline that idea but thanks for the suggestion though" She said teasingly, leaning forward and pecking his cheek as she smiled on other hand. At least she knew he wanted to help out; although, not only, Ana seemed to disagree as well. "Instead of Alabama, how about 'Catherine' or 'Chelsea'? Those are pretty much popular names..." Kelly, for awhile, had been thinking about 'Courtney'. Like, when she would go hang out or go to school, there would always be list of Courtney. But, she found 'Courtney' a nice name so why not?

With her attention drawing back to the sisters then, her eyes lighten. "Uh, maybe? I mean, I wasnt planning to but its a worth a shot...I'm honestly not hype about the gender but I see what I can do. Hopefully it can convince her whatnot." She said, thinking, though didn't really expect for an ultrasound at this moment; the baby is soon to be born in two months away from now. "But...I don't know" She added with a sigh. Then again, the room soon drew into more of an awkward silence. The fact Angelo whispering was still easy to be heard during to the silence, everyone was able to hear. Even Kelly was surprised. "You call that a whisper? More like a loud whisper to me" She chuckled after hearing loud laughter, even though it did startle her. Kelly laughed a bit then, not seeing a bad idea to take a good laugh for once.

Though, when Kelly managed to stop her short laughter, she quieted. It was true - between the relationship about her brother and Angelo. The mother, who Kelly had once loved and embraced their mother and duaghter moments, had forbade her from seeing Angelo, another person she also share her loved. She had remembered her telling her, that she couldn't nowhere near around him nor not even look at his direction. However, for the Angelo she still loves, he of course ignored her and continued went to see Kelly. Even if with the meeting she tried to at least set up and the two somewhat allies, it in fact turned to rivals. And since then, she had not never liked Angelo.

Kelly snorted, "Yeah, she's not the person you can call nice"

"Baby, you know I was kidding..." Angelo whined but ceased when she gave him some sugar. The spot on his cheek where she kissed was slightly moist and grew hot from him blushing as she gave him public affection in front of his family. "You want to name the baby girl, yes, fine, but is got to be a Hispanic name." He turned to his sister Ana who said the same thing he had at the same time. He smiled slightly that they agreed on something. "How 'bout Catalina? Thats like Catherine, right?" His smile widened when Ana, Estefania, and his Uncle Rick thought about that particular name and each nodded of approval. He felt oddly proud of the idea even though it wasn't official; he and Kelly promised that depending on the gender, one of them could have full power over the decision. He glanced at Kelly for a moment, watching her face intently think about the name, imagining if she could be the mother of a Catalina.

"Ay, she can hate me all she wants but I know she'll love that child. It'll make her a abuela. And your papi a abuelo." Angelo said with confidence. A part of him was telling him that after the baby is born, her parents will welcome her and the baby back into the family if she leaves Angelo. Or what if they don't and fight for custody of their grandchild since their parents are currently incapable of raising it properly? "Kelly, we need to talk." Angelo whispered into her ear, this time a legit whisper that no one but them could hear. "Not now, but before we go visit ya mother."

Ana was becoming restless, knowing they were beginning to run late but she really wanted to talk some more with the family. They never get company anymore, and she really liked Kelly - not that she'd ever admit her missing Angelo as well. Her eyes kept flashing to the clock then to Santiago who was consumed by his video game again. She groaned and grabbed him by the collar when she heard the school bus brake a few blocks down at the bus stop before theirs. "Uuugggh, come on!" They raced out the door and after the screen door slammed, a sound Rick really disliked, you could hear a faint,
"Sorry! Kay, love ya, bye!" From Ana.

Scratching her head Kelly sighed. "Angelo, why does it have to be a Hispanic name?" She asked with little concern, her eyes eyeing the small family as she waited for some snort of reply, or back up. The family looked quiet as every; they looked back at them and didn't seem to answer at all. Maybe they were out of ideas, or just happy for the couple? Kelly wished she know however, she had nothing against the race that Angelo wanted his baby's name to be - she knew he was Hispanic as well - but wanted to know why it has to be Hispanic? As she and the family would stay silent for awhile, she decided to say nothing and think; Angelo seemed to notice when he glanced over at her direction. What good name can she call her baby? After all, she just knew it was a girl, and knew it would need to be called "Sofia". Sofia was another good name she liked. Though, after hearing Catherine, as for their child name to be, Kelly gave up. Nothing couldn't stop her from ruining Angelo's moment, he looked so happy and comfortable. Maybe this was his time to "shine" a bit. "Okay, okay. Don't get too excited, babe," She chuckled. The imagery of being a mother, with a baby name Catherine, was easily pictured and guess she could with it... for now.

The subject was once again resumed to her mother, the mean one. She turned to Angelo and listened as he spoke, explaining how their child would be accepted in her family and how her mother and father would love it, even though it was part of Angelo's flesh and blood; although it can be true, Kelly knew her mother well. And she knew her well too. Kelly knew her mother wasn't a person to give in so easily, especially to creation that was both mixed with their genes and DNA, and Angelo, who not being the luckless, that a relative didn't like so much. Something told Kelly her mother wouldn't accept the baby. Just when Kelly was about to say something, a slight whisper was caught in her ear as Angelo spoke, saying he wanted to speak. Speak about what? "Oh my god Angelo, what do we need talk about?" She whispered back, bending her head as her hands would rub her neck. But for now, she hoped it wasn't something too bad.

After listening to the door slam and Ana's faint voice, it only left to Kelly, Rick, and Angelo. Kelly didn't say much but just wander her eyes around the kitchen. It was bigger than theirs at home, and with much more food. Maybe, if her mother would agree to, she can get some money and buy some food. For now, she sat there quietly, her stomach still kicking for the pass minute. Maybe little Catherine was excited too?

"I guess we can leave soon..."

"Angelo, why does it have to be a Hispanic name?"

The father is Hispanic, the baby will be too. They are a proud people loyal to traditions and culture. To Angelo it just made sense for them to do so. But it was a reason he could not express into words, "Baby, please." he begged. "She's gonna be my baby no matter what n' I'll love her n' treat her like a princess but I...I just want her to wear that pride inside n' out." he smiled at how ridiculous he must sound begging like this, something he usually did but never around others. He laughed a little to ease the embarrassment he was feeling which can be seen by the red rushing to his cheeks ( "Okay, okay. Don't get too excited, babe." ) "I can't help it, man! Can barely stop smilin' just thinkin' about it; we're gonna be parents soon."

Angelo shushed her quickly and watched Uncle Rick stand and retreat to the far side of the kitchen to refill his coffee cup, glancing at the clock as he did so. His eyes flashed to Estefania who was preoccupied with a load of laundry and knee deep in her thoughts as she ran through a list of errands she'd have to do for the day. She jumped slightly when the slam of the door startled her but soon went back to her business, smiling faintly at Ana's apology. Angelo mouthed to Kelly, "Wait," holding up his first finger. After some time, Estefania stood with the laundry basket full of clothes and looked at Kelly as she said they should leave soon, "Give me a minute and I'll be ready. Rick? Rick."

"Huh?" Rick mumbled into his coffee cup with raised eyebrows. They locked eyes, having an understanding that couldn't be seen, and Rick dug into his pants pocket and took out the keys to the truck, tossing them to her. "Well I'll see you all at dinner. And Angelo, I'll see you at work." he pointed a stern finger at his nephew, daring him to try something stupid like not show up after he promised he'd drop by after the meeting with Kelly's mother. The two of them, Rick and Estefania, left the kitchen, one out the front door and the other to the next room, leaving Angelo and Kelly alone. Angelo waited a few minutes before whispering, in case Estefania was listening, "Are you sure seein' ya mom is the right thing to do? I mean, the smart thing. What if she tries somethin'?" He did not need to remind her the night her mother called the cops on him for calling their house phone and showing up unannounced after they were clear that he was not allowed to speak to Kelly. "You really need to do this, huh? Ya know I'm only comin' for support, but do I need to be there? You know how she gets when I'm around."

Kelly was aware of Angelo's pointing finger. Rolling her eyes she watched as both Estefania and Rick locked eyes as if they knew what they were saying but in silence. The silence among them did not last really long and ended quite shortly. When the couple was left alone, only leaving Angelo and Kelly alone, she turned towards Angelo wondering what he had to tell her. His voice was low and desperate for an answer, but Kelly did not know what to say and thought hard. Was this she really wanted? She sighed, "Baby, I know you two do not get along but I know what I am doing. I am just going to go down there and just ask for help. - Even though this might takes awhile, I will ask and see what we can do" She explained in a half whisper. "Besides Angelo, what is that something she could do? Pull out a gun? Eh, you should be fine." She added, finding Angelo being too much to handle now. He thinks too hard on himself. However, part of her knew for good reason. Remembering the night when her mother had called the cops on Angelo for trespassing over the line and still visiting Kelly's house without the permission, Kelly stood quiet and slowly nodded. "I know....I knkw...We'll just go up to her and ask politely; and if not, we will leave. That is it. If you want to, you can come. But if you do, not I am not forcing you"

Angelo had to go with her for selfish reasons except for the fact that she shouldn't face her mother alone; he wanted to be there for support and somehow prove that he was man enough to face her. He stood up with her and took her hand into his, "I...won't come. I wanna get as many hours as I can with Rick and if you don't need me, I'll just be there standin' around y'know? That's time I could be makin' money." He said confidently so it didn't sound like he was chickening out. But deep down he had a good feeling about today despite their morning being complete shit; tonight Angelo would have cash and his family wouldn't go to bed hungry. He released her hand and looked out the window to see Rick nearly approaching the bus stop down the street. He looked to Kelly afterwards, giving her a small smile, "I gotta go catch up. See you tonight, baby." he pecked her cheek and hugged her close, pulling away to kiss her again, this time on the lips. Angelo ran, or as close as he could get to running in his condition, out the door, forgetting to say he loved her but she probably already knew.

"Where's he going?" Estefania asked Kelly when she heard the door close. "He's not coming?" she giggled and shook her head. "Well...I will then." She officially pushed aside her plans for today to make room for her brother's baby mama. She grabbed her bag off of the door handle and jingled the keys to let her know she was all set to go. "Oh, do you..you don't need that do you?" She pointed to the folded wheel chair.

"I...won't come" After hearing those words Kelly didn't get upset or broke into tears. Slowly nodding her head, understanding him completely she then said, "Okay - alright with me." Though, instead of breaking into tears or finding just an excuse where Angelo wouldn't want to see her mother, she just smiled and again nodded her head. Kelly wasn't upset, and knew the reason why. Knowing Angelo had already planned of working with his uncle and knew he didn't want to miss opportunity of earning money, she allowed him because the fact money was tight and not looking pretty at the moment, she agreed. However, thinking about the idea she was now going alone didn't frighten her; this was her mom she was seeing. Suddenly then, when she was about to say something, she was interrupted when she realized she pulled in for a hug and kiss on the lips. Smiling widely she hugged him back and returned his kiss, "Don't worry I'm not upset. Anyway, I'll see you to tonight. Bye" Watching him as he ran, or at least tried to, out the door, she lightly chuckled and slowly got up, guessing she should make a move for herself.

Just then, at that same moment, Kelly watched as Estefania approach in and ask about Angelo. Kelly had explained to her about Angelo not going and instead go to work with Rick. And once after explaining, Kelly was surprised to hear Estefania insist herself to join and help her throughout the pain of meeting her mother. Thankful enough she smiled and nodded, not say anything else or anything that might ruin the moment. Just as ready and ready to head out the door, something halted her just then as her eyes then might the wheelchair after noticing she was pointing to it. In an instant she shook her head. "I don't know why Angelo brought that, but it's embarrassing and only wastes time. For now, we'll leave it here" Once that being said she walked out.

Estefania giggled at the thought of her younger brother practically forcing his pregnant girlfriend to sit in a wheelchair when Kelly seemed more than capable of walking and she proved it when she walked to the truck. "Well...you know how Angelo can be." She figured Angelo thought he was doing her a big favor by bringing the wheelchair along. "You're pretty far into the pregnancy so I bet he just wants to make sure nothing goes wrong." Estefania had to bite her tongue to keep herself from adding, 'You guys can't take any more hits'...literally. In Estefania's eyes, her little brother and his girlfriend were struggling before the pregnancy (Kelly's parents getting upset for dating Angelo and Angelo getting involved in all sorts of crime and drugs and if Angelo has ever murdered anyone, she really didn't want to know), and now they're bringing a child between it all. What's done is done, and she has forgiven both of them. But the last thing she wants is having to raise the child herself because Angelo got shot.

Closing and locking the door behind her, she joined Kelly in the truck and slowly pulled off, honking the horn twice at Rick and Angelo as they passed by. Both guys smiled and waved and in minutes, they were nothing but dots in the rearview mirror. The hospital Kelly's mother works at was deep downtown and would take half an hour to get there without traffic.

"Your mother is a doctor, right? Can she deliver babies?"

"Yes; my mother is a doctor who works as an Anesthesiologist. Her job doesn't deals with delivering babies, but she does surgery and provide pills with the patient." She explained during the trip to the hospital. Resting a hand on her stomach as the trip, to the hospital, was mostly silent, Kelly on other hand enjoyed it as she got a chance to feel her babies kicks once more. "And when we reach, I must warn you; she can have a bit of an attitude." This would have to he a year since she last spoken to her mother to face. After moving in with Angelo, she didn't bothered even bothered calling and decided to push that aside; only focusing on her and her furture.

Once they reached and parked to a nice spot, Kelly was the first to get out and close the door behind her. With a confindent look and body tone, she walked to the direction of the entrance and pushed opened the door, walking inside.

"Can't be worse than Ana's attitude when I tell her she has chores." Estefania giggled to herself and mocked her younger sister in her voice, "Boy, you betta leave dat girl's food alone!" She raised one hand off the steering wheel to snap her fingers as she teased about their conversation at breakfast when Angelo was eating off of Kelly's plate. She parked as close as she could to the entrance, wishing she could park in handicapped zones but Kelly was carrying herself better than the average person...and she was pregnant. The way she walked up to the building and pushed the doors open made Estefania surprised. "Hey, aren't you just a little nervous?" She knew it was good to be overconfident about these things. Overconfidence could lead to high expectations and if her mother shut her down the mental pressure could weigh heavily on Kelly's shoulders. She kept up and walked side by side with her to the front desk where a woman glanced at the two then at Kelly's swollen stomach before asking, "How can I help you ladies today?"

Estefania replied, "We need to see Dr...." she bit her lip and turned to Kelly, forgetting her last name.

Remembering the moment when Angelo's sister barked at him for eating Kelly's plate, she laughed at the thought before returning her gaze back at the window watching as they passed through ghetto neighborhood. But as she remembered her gaze watching the trail of houses, she felt her eyes then heaving and blacking out into darkness. A few minutes later, an alarming sense kicked her, and her eyes reopened, realizing the car was park and Estefania was staring at her. She yawned and straighten up, fixing her hair while she can. "Nervous"? Um, a little since it's been awhile I've talked to her." Kelly then shrugged as she opened to the car door and struggled out.

Walking by shoulder by shoulder they finally reached the front desk of the hospital. Kelly at first watched Estefania stood up and ask lady, but watching her struggle and pause in her own sentance Kelly looked up and sighed. "We are here to see Dr. Villanueva"

"Oh, Kelly! How are you?! It's been awhile since we last met." She jumped, "You're mother should be on her break. I'll call her over"

Back
Top Bottom