Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Tutor {Roses & ilaughatmyself }

With one forefinger brushing lightly against the set of strings, the music immediately came to an end. A long, forlorn sigh escaped her lips as Alicia gazed out into the twilight sky. She hated this time of the day. Like the sky was confused whether it wanted to dance in the sunlight or encase itself in the arms of night. It was indecisive. Like her.

"Alicia? Are you studying or not?" Her mother's sickly sweet voice slithered from downstairs, to Alicia's room till it rang in the seventeen year old's ears.

"Yeah, mom." Was Alicia's careless reply.

"You better be. Or you won't get dinner tonight!" Her voice was sharp, stern. It hardly affected her daughter.

Getting up from the loveseat which sat in her balcony, Alicia rested her guitar on the sofa and sauntered inside. She did not care to close the sliding glass door.

She sat down on her bed, leaning against the headboard, and opened the top drawer of the nightstand beside the bed. From there she pulled out a well worn-out diary and a pen, and started writing her inner musings.

Days pass easily. I forget who I am sometimes. I forget what I am doing. I forget the goals I've created for myself. It's so easy to get distracted in this world that moves so fast. It seems that yesterday I was playing basketball in my middle school and then I open my eyes and I'm already midway through in high school. You see? It's so easy to get distracted. With your family drama, your social status, your crushes and then your weekly studies. Oh, and I forgot to mention, you also have a part time job. Adults don't understand, children look up to you. Nobody knows. Being a teenager is hard...

An incessant banging on her door caused her to stop mid-sentence.

"Alicia Mary Wilsons! Why have you locked this door? That means you are not studying, you worthless bitch. Wait till your father comes home. I swear I won't save that useless ass of yours!" Her mother yelled before she heard her walking away.

Alicia sighed deeply and almost threw the diary in rage. Laughing bitterly, she wrote one last line before keeping her things away and setting out to study.

We are now done playing with our Simple days. Now it's show time: Real life.

Jason Redd had walked through various streets trying to find the right house. This is the only thing he ever got wrong about tutoring: he could never find the right house to knock on. He laughed at himself as he walked down the final street, knowing damn well that he should have wrote the address down that was given to him, not try to memorize it and fail to arrive on time. His black hair was trimmed up and nice, and he had grey eyes that were framed by a set of rather stylish glasses, at least that was what he thought. He knew that they weren't the stereotypical glasses of a nerdy individual and also knew that he wouldn't be called a nerd today.

Jason was actually rather fit, running once a day and eating healthy. He had an athletic body and a 6'0" frame, leading many women to fawn over him, bit that just wasn't for him. Most of the women that came for him were either sluts or gold diggers, and he had no problem letting them know about that. Soon, he reached the home that was the visual representation of the address, and could see a woman who was way to dressed up and slathered in makeup for a tutoring session. "Hello! I assume you're Mrs. Wilson, the mother who called me?"

Samantha Wilsons stood on the porch of her grand house waiting for her daughter's tutor to show up. She saw him approaching and straightened up.

"Hello! I assume you're Mrs. Wilson, the mother who called me?"

"Yes. Please call me Samantha. And you're very punctual! Right on time," Samantha welcomed her inside. "Can I get you anything to drink? A snack?" She asked sweetly.

Her eyes darted up the stairs at the end of the living room and landed on the closed door at the top. A frown marred her perfect features for a while before she shifted her attention to the boy in front of her, shooting him a graceful smile.

The tutor walked inside at the compliments about his character. True, he was certainly punctual, but he preferred to be early so he could talk to his student about them, make them feel comfortable around them. Now all he had was the time to study...not a good first impression, if one were to ask. He declined the drink in the most polite way he could, knowing where to go now after seeing the frown that took over her features as she looked toward a specific door. He trotted up the stairs, taking them two at a time, and gently rapped on the door before him.

"Alicia? You don't know me, but your mom hired me to be your tutor." He tried the doorknob, finding it locked and only trying once so as not to make it seem like he was forcing himself on her.

"Could you unlock the door? We can study together in there."

Bad thing to do... Samantha thought as she saw the young boy rap at her daughter's door. She silently slipped inside her study and closed the door. Taking a deep breath she settled down on the sofa, waiting for the wrath of Alicia.

----
"Alicia? You don't know me, but your mom hired me to be your tutor."

Alicia stopped twirling one of the chocolate strands of her hair, as a deep voice called out to her. It wasn't the voice that triggered her though. It were the fucking words.

"Could you unlock the door? We can study together in there."

She froze momentarily before rising up from her chair. She felt the anger engulf her. It was so intense that she could feel it emanating from her in thick waves. She felt it on her very own finger tips. Her blue orbs hardened and she clenched her fists, breathing through her nostrils one more time before charging.

She threw the door open and started with the yelling:

"How dare you?! How fucking dare you! Do you think I'm a retard? An idiot who can't study on her own?!"

She grabbed the boy's collar - ignoring the height difference - and spoke venomously.

"You think I'm a moron? Who can't read? You think I'm inferior to you? You freaking nerd! You don't even compare to the dust bunnies in my room!" She screeched at the top of her voice.

She shoved him away and ran down the stairs, to her mother's study.

"You bitch! What the fuck was that in there? That guy? Coming to teach me like I'm some fucking idiot!" Anger shone in her blue orbs which had nearly turned black. Her once creamy-pale skin had turned red. Her mother just blinked at her.

"Alicia...I just thought-" Samantha started calmly.

"No, you didn't fuckin' think, because if you did, you wouldn't have sent that asshole in there to tell me how much of a fuckin' moron I am!"

"Language, girl!" She tried a stern approach.

"Shut the hell up!" Alicia yelled as her whole frame shook with rage. She wanted nothing more than to smash something on that stupid woman whom she called mother, and the nerd upstairs.

If he were to be entirely honest, he was utterly surprised at the total rage that engulfed this small girl. Usually it did end up being the student who ordered the tutor and, with assistance of the parent, got said tutor at their home. However, this seemed...different. Curious as to what was going on, he followed Alicia downstairs and into her mother's study, not hearing part of the conversation even though the younger female was yelling as loud as she possibly could.

"-teach me like I'm some fucking idiot?"

He could tell that the mother was confused at this outburst, and quietly slipped into the study. He was silent, simply waiting for the one sided argument to end before piping up on his thoughts. "Mrs. Wilson, do you have a report card of some sort for your daughter's grades that I could see?"

Alicia's eyes widened when she heard the boy speak. She had to dig her nails in her skin before she did anything she regretted.

"You want to see my fucking report card?" She laughed out loud manically. "You asshole! Who do you think you are? Some god-sent angel who's just perfect in every fuckin' way? You wanna see my grades so that you can think: 'Oh no, she's probably a bimbo who seriously needs turtoring. Well, me and my high IQ can pity her by tutoring her moronic ass!'" She tried to imitate his voice, failing miserably.

All the while Samantha had her head in her hands while she sighed frustrated by her daughter's antics. She opted out to say nothing knowing that it was wise for both her and Jason.

Jason sighed in a similar way to Mrs. Wilson, though not because he was frustrated. He knew that this was going to be a fight until the very end, and figured that he might as well try to figure out whatever the hell was wrong with this family. He looked toward Mrs. Wilson before speaking to Alicia.

"Alicia...that was not my intention when I asked for your report card. From the way this looks and sounds, it seems like you had no input in this decision, and I was just making sire that you actually needed a tutor before I actually start tutoring you. Tell me...do you have anything below a C?"

Alicia glared at him as her cheeks coloured in embarressment. 'C' was the highest she had scored in the past few years. There was no way she was telling that to him, as she knew he must be a straight-'A' student. She couldn't publicise her weakness like that. So instead of answering his questions, she shot him the finger and hastened back to the confines of her room.

Samantha heaved a defeated sigh and looked back at the young man with nothing but understanding floating in her emrald pools. "I guess I owe you an...explanation." She offered the place beside her in the large, plush sofa.

Back
Top Bottom